Unexpected Roommate (BTS)

By Koneko_Senpaixx

>In the editing process< More

INTRO
Part 1: Departure
Part 2: Arrival
Part 3: BTS POV
Part 4: A Day With V
Part 5: A Day With Suga
Part 6: Rainy Day
Part 7: A Day With Rap Monster
Part 8: Troubles
Part 9: A Day With Jungkook
Part 10: Stay
Part 11: A Day With Jin
Part 12: Him
Part 13: A day with J-Hope
Part 14: The Get Away
Part 15: S-P-Y
Part 16: Date
Part 17: Early Birthday
Part 18: Trouble
Part 19: Bad, Better, Worse
Part 20: Jung-Su
Part 21: Caught
Part 22: Surprise Party
Part 23: Broken
Part 24: Comfort
Part 25: Bitter-Sweet
Part 26: Unpleasant Goodbye
Part 27: The Grand Finale
Jimin POV
Pregnant
It's A.....
Sasaengs
1st Birthday
Departure...
Transformation
Arrival
Hidden Feels, Thoughts and Encounter
The Fortune
Giving Back
Tragedy
Hurt
Letting Go
Fin
Announcement

KAI POV

30.2K 531 125
By Koneko_Senpaixx

"You want me to accompany you to the beach? " Chanyeol's eyes lit up.

"Uh, yeah. Everyone else is gonna catch up with us when we go eat."

*__* "It'll be just the two of us" Chanyeol smiled happily. "Let's go!"

To be honest, I just wanted to go to see the girls. Maybe I'd find someone interesting to talk to and maybe meet up later tonight. After all it's been a while since I've actually talked to a girl alone. We got ready and headed to the beach. Chanyeol was excited, he truly is my number one fan, haha. We got to the beach and looked around for a good spot.

Then..I saw her. She's absolutely beautiful, everything about her is perfect. A hot body, gorgeous hair, a great smile, she had it all. But what of her personality? I had to talk to her.

She was coming out of the water. Dripping wet, gosh she looks so hot. I couldn't help but stare as she ran her fingers through her hair and smiled. Nice tan too. Chanyeol stood next to me gawking at the sight if the two cute girls walking.

"Come on let's go talk to them" I said.

He nodded and followed my lead.

"Chanyeol and....ugh, Kai" her friend said.

I ignored the hateful tone she had when she said my name and smiled at the beauty beside her.

She seemed stunned when she saw me, wonder what she was thinking.

The camera men were just as surprised as they were.

Camera Man 1: Kai and Chanyeol...from EXO. What're you doing here?

I looked at him. "Nothing much, we were in the water and saw these two beauties and decided to come and greet them."

Her friend scowled. She doesn't seem to like me at all, I can see it in her eyes.

Chanyeol smiled at her and her scowl went away. Hmm, this can work to my advantage.

Camera Man 2: Will you be joining these ladies?

Chanyeol: May we?

Her friend nodded without hesitation. Bingo, I'll use Chanyeol to distract her, he seems to find her cute anyway so it shouldn't be a problem. I just wanted to be alone with this exotic hot girl. She's probably Latin if I'm not mistaking.

Camera Man 1: Karen, what do you think?

Karen. Her name's Karen. I like it.

"She shouldn't." I took her hand. "I insist" I winked.

Her friend smacked my hand off her. "Don't touch the merchandise."

I smirked. "I'm sure I can afford it."

When I said that she glared at me. Man, what's this girls deal? I haven't even gotten to know her and she's already hating on me.

Chanyeol: Do you guys like beach volleyball?

Her mood changed again. "Yeah, Karen played all throughout highschool, she's really good. Right Karen?" She smiled.

She's odd. When Chanyeol talks it's like the anger leaves her completely.

"Yeah." Karen nodded.

Chanyeol: Is that so? Well then let's play a match then.

"Alright." She smiled.

She seemed excited.

We walked with them to where the volleyball net was. I walked beside her, sweet talking her but when I'd try to get closer, her friend would bud in. -___- Talk about a major cock block. I didn't mind her silly little actions though, I was determined to have Karen. We stood on opposite sides of the court.

Chanyeol and I looked at the,. "Is everything okay?"

"Ahem....yeah. Everything's fine, before we start I gotta give Becca a few pointers." Karen said.

They seemed like they were planning something. Gosh, Karen is really hot. How can a girl like that be alone here? If I were her man I'd be showing her off, she's the finest thing I've ever seen. I bit my lip as I looked at her.

"Seems like the great Kai has fallen for a foreigner~" Chanyeol said.

"Huh? No. I just think she's hot, no big deal." I assured.

We both looked ahead and her friend was talking nonsense. I believe I heard 'Becca' I'm sure that's her name.

"He's going down! Freakin idiot, hitting on you! No! I won't allow it!" She walked to the camera man who was standing out side the white line. "Hey guys I know you're watching this! Can you believe that boy over there....that stupid....Agghh! He is so not going to get his filthy hands on Karen! I give you my word!" She yelled whispered. "Fighting!"

She walked back to Karen.

Chanyeol: You ready?

We got into position.

Chanyeol: First one to get to 40 wins.

She nodded.

They had first serve.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was a very close game. 36 to 38. It was game point.

Becca: You can do this Karen!

Since Chanyeol was tall, when he served it, it went up pretty high. But it wasn't an issue for Karen, she's so amazing. She ran and hit towards Becca.

"Becca, spike it!" She said.

She jumped and spiked it downward as hard as she could. I was so busy looking at Karen then before I knew it...

*SMACK*

"Oh my gosh! Kai!"

Becca: Woo! We won!

I lay there on the sand, feeling a sharp pain on my face.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" She got on her knees and looked at me. "Kai? Can you hear me?"

I was seeing doubles. My eyes seemed to wander around for a bit but then I fixed my eyes on her.

"You okay?" She asked.

I smiled. "Now I am"

She seemed relieved. "Oh thank goodness. That looked so painful, you want a pack of ice or something?"

Chanyeol: Kai, are you alright?

I looked at him. "You're a true friend you know that? You laugh then come help me. Not that I'm complaining."

Chanyeol: It looked funny. Haha. Sorry.

Becca: Oh come on, I didn't spike it THAT hard.

Karen looked at her. Clearly she was kinda bothered by her action.

Becca smiled. "I'm sorry~"

She helped me sit up carefully. "You should go lay down."

I nodded. This is my chance, I'm 'injured' so I can totally make a move on her.

Chanyeol helped me up and we walked to where their stuff was.

Camera Man 1: Becca you seemed to really enjoy that.

Becca smiled. "I don't know what you're talking about"

The camera man smiled and laughed light heartedly. "You are bad...so bad."

Karen gave me a cold water bottle. She's so kind, kind and beautiful? Wow.

I smiled. "Thank you for being so kind"

"It's no problem at all. After all it's our fault, I am so sorry for that." She said.

Chanyeol: Lets get ice cream.

He looked at Becca and smiled. "You wanna come with me?"

Becca looked at Karen.

"Go ahead" She smiled.

They walked to get ice cream at the stand. It was quiet. I watched as Karen looked at the water, man I still can't get over how pretty she is. The way she looks right now is just...I don't even know how to explain but I would stare at her all day if I could. I wonder where she's from anyway, I think I'll end the silence.

"Where are you from?" I asked.

We talked for a while and she told me why she was here and how much she was enjoying her time in Korea.

"This is your first time here? And you've been here that long." I said.

She nodded. "It's kinda hard since the boys are usually so busy."

"I would've showed you so many places by now. I would've made you my girl already, you're really pretty, sexy too. You're exotic looking, I like it."

"Ahem....thanks...." She said as she ran her fingers through her hair while smiling kind of awkwardly.

Maybe that was a bit bold.

"Too bad EXO doesn't have a show like this one, I'd ask for you in a heart beat." I went on.

"Mmm, is that so?" She said.

I nodded.

"Are you and Chanyeol the only two here today?" She asked.

"Yeah, the others had things to do. Chanyeol and I figured since it was warm the beach would be nice, it doesn't get this warm in spring usually. Have you gone to Korea's spring flower festival?"

"Flower festival?" She asked.

I looked at her wide eyed.

She felt a bit embarrassed, I could tell. Man, what on earth does she do with those guys anyway? Does she even go out?

"It's really popular, the Jinhae Naval Port Festival started on the 1st and it ends on the 10th. It's the 51st year so it's a pretty big deal. For those in the greater Seoul area, the Yeouido Hangang Spring Flower Festival starts on the 12th and ends on the 18th. It's always a huge draw. But the distinction of Korea's first flower, fête, is at the Gwangyang International Maehwa Festival but that was last month."

"I see. It must've been a big event then." She said.

"You didn't watch it on TV or anything?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I don't really watch TV per say. Usually just movies or play video games, I'm not very fluent in Korean so it's hard to understand some things if the guys aren't telling me exactly what's happening"

"Wow...well maybe you can go to the Jinhae Naval Port Festival with me?" I asked.

She smiled back. "I'd love to but..."

"But?"

Man she's gonna reject my offer.

"My boys are my priority. I belong to them so you'd have to ask them" She said.

I knew it. It's not like they own her...

"I see...so there's no way you'd go out to dinner with me tonight either huh?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I'm sorry."

"No, I understand. It's very Nobel and honest of you to say that. They're lucky to have you." I said.

But I'll make her mine, some way, some how.

"I'm lucky to have them" She said.

We kept talking after that. Chanyeol and Becca hadn't come back yet, they took forever.

"Can I at least have your number? Please?" I asked.

I've never been so persistent with a woman before but she's not just ANY girl. I can tell.

She sighed and smiled.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Moments later Chanyeol and Becca came back, but I kinda wished they didn't. I wanted to spend more time with Karen.

Chanyeol: It doesn't seem like we were missed.

"It doesn't take 2 hours to get ice cream. Plus you've come back empty handed." I smiled.

Chanyeol: we got a little side tracked.

"Well, we'd better get going, tomorrow we have a big day ahead of us." Karen said.

Becca: Yeah. It was really great meeting you Chanyeol.

"BOTH of you." Karen corrected.

I held her hand and kissed it. "The pleasure was all mine. Thank you for making this such a memorable day and I hope to see you again." I winked.

Becca glared at him. "Okay let's go Karen." She interrupted.

"Oh right." She said.

She smiled at me. "Bye"

Chanyeol: I'll call you later

Becca blushed. "Okay, heh. Bye~"

With that said they grabbed their things and left. I sighed.

Chanyeol: What's eating you?

"The more she says she can't the more I want her. Chanyeol I'm gonna make that girl mine." I said.

Chanyeol: Well, if I hit it off with her friend then maybe I could help you out.

"No, it's obvious she doesn't like me. After all she was trying to keep Karen away from me. So it's best not to do that. I'll do this my way. I have a feeling this isn't the last I'll be seeing of Karen." I smirked.

Chanyeol: You sound like a villain or some thing.

He chuckled.

"Let's get going, the others will wonder where we went off too" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Date-

I was really excited about taking her out. I was so anxious and eager to have her to myself.

"Wow..." Was all I could say when I saw her.

She smiled slightly. "Hey..."

I was speechless, how is it that she's this incredibly beautiful. I didn't really do anything special but he seemed to like the way I looked.

"I wasn't expecting you to look so beautiful. More than usual. Well....like before...you know what I mean." I spoke.

"Thank you" She smiled. "I try"

I smirked. "There's no reason for you to try..."

She cleared her throat. "So what're the plans?"

"I could just skip to the end..." I bit my bottom lip.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

Guess that offended her.

"Ahem, nothing. Sorry, it's just you look...wow." I said.

"Mmmhmm...so....."

I put my arm around her without a second thought and we walked.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter...anything, I have to be home soon." She said.

"Home? But it's a date, don't tell me you've got a curfew?" I looked at her.

"No, but-"

"Okay then come on" I smiled.

We walked to the car, the driver was ready to open the door when we arrived.

"Good evening madam" he said in a polite manner.

I smiled and gestured with my chin to get in, She slightly smiled and got inside.

"So where are we going?" She asked again.

"It's a surprise. Here put this on" I handed her a blindfold.

She took a deep breath.

"Please?" I looked at her.

She nodded. She grabbed the blind fold and put it on.

"You're gonna have to just trust me okay?" I placed my hand on top of hers.

She moved her hand away from mine and placed it on her lap. "Okay..."

She's gonna be hard to convince I see. I sighed under my breath. After a while the car came to a stop.

"Okay, now I'm gonna put these sound proof headphones on" I said.

"Headphones? But why?" She asked.

"Just trust me." I said again.

"Alright..."

I placed the headphones on her and made sure she wasn't going to be able to hear anything but the music playing, I played 'Baby'. She smiled. Gosh her smile is so gorgeous, her teeth are glistening white. We got on the jet and were on our way to Japan, let's see if her so called 'Boys' have ever taken her there. Bet they haven't. Once we arrived I carefully guided her to the car waiting for us.

"You okay?" I asked.

She nodded. "Am I allowed to take my blindfold off?"

"Mm...yeah. I think you can" I said.

She took it off and looked out the window. She seemed confused at first but she caught on eventually. She looked at me wide eyed.

I smiled. "Surprise."

"Is this...J-Japan?!" She exclaimed.

I nodded. "Sushi sounded good."

"We could've had Kimbap or something." She said.

I shook my head. "That's not sushi. It's Kimbap."

She looked really worried now. She sighed. Man, any girl would be excited to be here. But she didn't seem to be very enthusiastic.

"How far are we from home?" She asked.

"2 hours" I answered.

"Ah, that's not so bad..." She said.

I sensed some relief, I scoot closer to her and stretched my arm out to put around her.

"Have you ever been to Japan?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No."

"Well then we have much to see don't we?" I smiled.

Her eyes widened. "No. We don't. Kai this is supposed to be a dinner date not an over night stay"

"I'll get you home don't worry. We'll eat and I'll show you around then we can go home. I promise to have you home before 3" I promised.

"3?! In the morning?!" She asked.

"Well it took us 2 hours to get here. 9-10 we'll eat then 10-12 we'll look around n be home by 3" I explained.

"You're insane." She said.

"For you" I winked.

She looked out the window, 'worry' was what her face read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Sight Seeing-

I took her to the 'Tokyo Tower', she seemed uneasy at first like she was thinking or remembering something.

"So what do you think? Isn't it beautiful?" I asked.

I stood beside her.

She nodded. "It's breath taking"

I looked at her. She didn't look at me straight on, instead she glance at me from the corner of her eyes, I could help but stare.

"Not as breath taking as the first time I saw you..." I said.

She looked at me, making eye contact. Bingo.

"When I saw you it was like walking into a whole new world, a world I don't wanna leave now, the hours felt like seconds tonight but I'll forever treasure the time we've shared together and hope that maybe you'll feel the I feel when I'm close to you, it's more than just a breath taking feeling, it's the end of life itself..." I held her hand.

"I-I...." She began but didn't say what she wanted. She's nervous.

I smiled. "There's another place I wanna show you before we leave, come on"

I tugged on her hand and led her away.

"Kai. Just stop...I can't do this." She looked at me.

"But...why?" I asked.

"I already have someone..." She confessed. "That's why I was so freaked out about being in Japan."

"Wait....you're with one of them? Like officially?" I asked.

She nodded. "You're great and all but-"

"But what?" I asked.

I can't believe this!

"I'm not going to hurt him" She said.

"Does he even know you're here?" I asked.

She nodded. "I told him I was going to be with you for a while"

"And he was okay with that? Another guy taking his girl out? You've got to be kidding me. He doesn't care about you, don't you see? He hasn't even called you." I said.

"I don't have reception here & he let me come because he trusts me. I'm not going to defile his trust just because I'm in another country. Even if it is only 2 hours away." She said.

"What're you going to do when you leave? It's going to be downhill from there. You won't be able to contact him or see him anymore, his fame will always get in the way and no one will support your relationship, you're a foreigner. Nobody would accept it. There's no point to that relationship Karen, there never will be. Your worlds are too different." I said.

"Oh and suppose giving into you would be acceptable? I don't think so....I'll find my own way back home" She said and began walking away.

"How? You didn't bring anything with you. Come on. I said I'd take you home, let's go" I grabbed her arm.

I was furious but I wasn't about to be a jerk to her. I let go of her and we walked to the car, as we were on our way back, the ride felt tense and it was so quiet. I wanted to speak to her but it doesn't seem like she'd want to talk to me. Although I should apologize.

"I apologize for my actions...I just really liked you. Ahem. I hope you enjoyed yourself despite that detail. I'll see you around" I said.

"Thank you for everything." She smiled slightly.

Shot down again. She's so cruel, but what is it about her I can't resist? It keeps me wanting more of her....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*RING RING*

It's her, I felt pretty happy.

"Hey stranger~"

"Kai..."

"Is something the matter?" I asked, she sounds upset.

"I need a favor..."

"Sure anything." I said.

"Can you come pick me up. I need a ride to Rebecca's place." She said.

"Uh yeah, I'll be there as fast as I can." I said.

"I'll wait for you at the 'royal bakery'. You know where it is right?" She asked.

"Yeah. Wait for me there"

-click-

I know something's wrong. She's never called me like this, I wonder if that idiot did something to her. I'd better hurry, I don't wanna keep her waiting.

"Karen"

She looked up. "Kai."

I searched her face and was pretty shocked to see She had luggage with her. Without a word i grabbed her suitcase and held her hand, I led her to where my car was and opened the door for her. Wow, I guess something big really did happen...she looks awful.

I got inside the car and began driving.

"Thank you for coming...I didn't know who else to call. Sorry if I'm-"

"Don't apologize, today I wasn't doing anything." I smiled.

She slightly smiled and looked out the window.

"So....What happened?" I asked.

She took a deep breath. "Long story short, I got dumped and he told me to go home. See, Suga confessed to me that he liked me and it was an accident, it didn't mean a thing but he kissed me. Well it was a peck on the lips but still...I didn't tell Jimin because I was scared. Turns out he already knew it had happened but he got tired of waiting so he confronted Suga about it and well he told me to leave."

"He didn't even let you explain?" I asked.

I felt kinda bad, she always seemed to choose him over everything. Then this happened? But I suppose any guy would be angry if their girl was kissed by someone else.

"What was the point in explaining when he had already told me to go home? My response was 'As you wish'. When you're casted away by the one you love it's like being thrown away. The feeling of being unwanted overcomes you and fills you with a deep sorrow...I can't even cry. I want to but can't..."

I parked the car on the side of the free way and got out. I opened my door and helped her out.

"Kai....what're you-"

I hugged me. "Cry....Cry all you want. I won't judge you or say anything to you...just cry"

I embraced her tighter and She began to cry. She cried and cried. Like a little baby, She wept in my arms. She's really hurt, I heard her every whimper, it sounded like she just wanted to cry out and scream. But in that instant I made up my mind that I'm going to be here for her. More than ever.

"Kai...."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you..." She hugged me tight.

She cried some more.

I rubbed her back. "Shh, it's okay." He lifted my chin up and wiped my tears away. "Don't cry anymore, it's gonna be okay."

"How do you know?" She asked.

More tears were forming. I can't stand seeing her like this...

I wiped the tears away. "I'll be with you every step of the way, I'm not going to leave you alone. Okay? You have to look forward and not back."

"You don't have to do that..." She said sniffling.

"I don't have to but I want to. Things may seem dark now but after the storm comes peace. Don't give up on life because life isn't giving up on you. I know you're hurt but you still have people who care about you. Rebecca, J-Hope, Jin, V, Jungkook, Rap Mon, all of EXO and of course me." I smiled. "You have people that support you, don't feel alone because you're not"

Although my words were kind, I knew she still felt like crap.

"Let's keep going. Hopefully Rebecca will be home before we arrive." She said and got back into the car.

See? I knew it. But she needs some time to let it out.

I took her to Rebecca's place, despite the fact that girl hated me with all her being I didn't care because all that mattered right now was Karen. No one else. I'm here because of her.

I brought her stuff in.

"Will you be okay? I could stay with you for a while if you want" I said.

It's the least I can do after all. No one wants to be alone, especially when going through something like this.

"Umm, Do you want to stay for dinner?" She asked.

I smiled. "Sure."

She walked into the kitchen and looked in the fridge.

"Heh. Umm is take out okay?" She asked slightly embarrassed.

"Sure. Anything is fine" I smiled.

She's so cute. I hope that guy gets what he deserves, I'd never let a girl like this go. Never in a million years.

She ordered Chinese.

We sat on the couch and talked for a bit. I talked about the shenanigans EXO had gone through over the years, I talked about my trainee years and how much I looked up to Taemin. He was like my older brother. I never really talked like this before. I wasn't hitting on her nor making any moves, I mean just being here with her is enough for me. My heart feels like it's about to burst and my stomach is fluttering. Seeing her smile and looking at me the way she did was priceless. I'd never forget this moment.

The food arrived shortly, She put Rebecca's food in the microwave then She and I ate together, She was laughing. I actually made her laugh. Soon enough, she had fallen asleep, We were watching werewolf boy and she just dozed off. She's so pretty when she sleeps. She looks so peaceful. I don't understand how a guy could let a girl like this go, she's beautiful, smart,funny and really sweet. Now that she's single I want her to notice me, I've had a crush on her since the day I saw her at the beach. Once I got to know her better, it wasn't just a crush anymore. Now here she is...we're alone together. She fell asleep on my lap. I touched her face.

She smiled and held my hand.

I took a deep breath, if only she knew that it's my hand she's holding and not his. I decided to take her to bed, it's getting late and I should be getting back.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had taken her to the movies, everything seemed to be going well but she still felt uncomfortable with me. Is it that I'm coming off too strong? I sighed. I thought about how I'd get her to understand how much I like her, I drove her back home. I turned off the car and we sat there for a bit. It's now or never.

"Um, thank you Kai." She looked at me. "I know you're a busy guy and all but you've managed to be there for me and make sure I was okay. Strangely with you I feel comfort and I forget a little. The pain I feel goes away in the time I'm with you, I smile and laugh. You don't have to do all this but you do it anyway. You're a good person." She smiled.

"Karen...I'll always try to be here at your side. I really like you and knowing that he broke you makes me mad, you didn't deserve it. He doesn't deserve you, you're a precious jewel and should be treated like one, fragile and handled with care. Having you in my arms when you cried yesterday made me realize that you needed someone strong to be by your side. No matter how busy I am, I'll always make time for you." I said.

Her eyes widened.

"It makes me really happy to know that you're happy when you're with me. That you have fun. When you smile it feels like I've done some good...I don't want you to feel the pain you feel, I don't want you to cry anymore..." I pulled her close and hugged her.

"Oh Kai....Thank you....." She hugged me back.

We pulled away slightly, our noses touching. We looked at each other. This is my chance.

"Uhhh...." She pulled away. "G-Good night. Becca is probably home now..."

"Karen..." I said.

I turned her face to look at me. I went for it and kissed her. She didn't resist, I knew that deep inside she really did have feelings for me but this whole time she's been denying them and trying to keep things simple.

I pulled away from her, She looked at me.

"Good night" I smiled.

Without another word she got out of the car and walked into the house. I smiled to myself, I did it. I finally did it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-After Movie Night-

"So how'd it go?" I casually asked.

"Better than I expected, he apologized to me. Although I didn't really get to say anything back to him. He also...well, he kissed me" She said with a shy smile. "That's something I definitely wasn't expecting."

'He kissed you?!"

I balled my hands into fists. I can't believe this!

"You okay?" She asked.

"How can you forgive him just like that? After ALL he put you through he had all this time to call you or go visit you and he didn't. Why did YOU have to go see him? Then with his sad apology you go for it again? I thought you were smarter than that Karen!" I yelled.

"I thought you'd be happy for me..." She said.

"Well, I'm not. Can't you see that...that....." I hate this! She can give him a second chance but couldn't give US a try?! All I ever did was support her and be there! When HE wasn't!

"That what?" She asked.

"He's no good for you! He hurt you and you're just going to forget? What if he hurts you again? Are you going to keep going back to him after crying, just like you are now?! I watched you cry, I held you in my arms and you wept like a baby because of him! You were in so much pain, I know because I was there! Where was HE? Huh? If he wanted to be sorry he should've gone after you or at LEAST called!"

"Kai..."

I sighed. "Look, all I'm saying is not to get carried away...It just frustrates me okay? It makes me angry that you're so calm about this whole thing and that you just gave in so easily....because I was there during your hurt and pain. I did my best to make you smile and for you to go back to the person who made you cry and made you miserable just like that makes me feel like a fool."

"Kai, you're right. I did give in quickly but you don't understand. The love I feel for him never left even when he said all those cruel things to me, I still loved him. Being with you and getting to know you more was the best thing ever but I'm not going to lie to you, I always thought of Jimin. I can't return the feelings you have for me, even if you did so much for me, so many things I'll never be able to repay. You picked me up when I was down and for that I'll always be grateful and I'll love you as my friend...a special and dear friend." She held my hand. "Please try to understand...."

I pulled my hand away from hers. I don't need her pity...she's already broken my heart..

She took a deep breath. "Don't be mad..."

"I was really determined to make you mine. I showed you that I was better for you than him. That no matter what obstacles stood in my way, you were the only thing that kept me going. I really wanted to be with you, but it seems my efforts were in vain..."

"Do you really think your efforts were in vain? I came to you instead of staying with Jimin because I care about you and I wouldn't leave you hanging because you never left me. Kai you'll always hold a special place in my heart, I'm sorry it's not the way you wanted it to be. If you're angry at me then I'll go but just know that I never meant to hurt you..."

How does she sway me? It's like she has some kind of control of me, as much as I was hurt I couldn't let her go.

"Wait..."

She turned to look at me.

I took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes.

"It doesn't matter if you don't feel the same way because my feelings for you will never change. I'm not going to let you walk away...you mean too much to me." I hugged her. "I'll always be by your side...but promise me that you'll be more careful this time. If he ever pulls this stunt again I won't hold back..."

She smiled and hugged me back. "You sound like an over protective dad." She giggled.

I kissed her head. "Haha. I guess I did didn't I? Well I'm going to protect you like one."

It's the least I can do if I can't make her mine...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I drove her home, man, there was so much more I wanted to say to her. I wanted to ask her why. Why aren't I good enough? Why can't she return the love I have for her back? How is he better than me? As I drove I thought of these things maybe I should, but yet again I do want to seem persistent and like I'm obsessed with her. I saw her looking at her phone suddenly.

"What's with the surprised face?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry it's just I was thinking that I hadn't talked to Junho in a while and I was going to call him later tonight but then suddenly he texted me. It was weird." She said.

"Hmm." Was all I could say.

I wonder what she's saying to him. I guess I should lighten up the mood.

"Umm, I forgot to tell you...would you like to listen to 'Miracles in December?' I have the track with me."

Her eyes lit up. "Pfft you don't have to ask me twice! Put it on!" She smiled.

I slightly smiled and played it.

She put her phone on silent and left it alone. Soon tears came to her eyes. I saw her wipe her eyes.

I looked at me. "Karen...what's wrong?"

She sniffled. "Nothing...this is such a sad song..."

I patted her head. "Don't cry, it's just a song"

She nodded.

I took a deep breath. "What're you going to do tomorrow?"

"Pack. I haven't even started that then the next day maybe take one last look at Seoul. Like go sight seeing and stuff. Then the final day say good bye to everyone I've met and stay with Rebecca and lastly leave, my flight isn't until 9 p.m" She said.

"So, is this like our last day together? The last time we'll be alone?" I asked.

"Probably but I'll see if I can hang out once I'm done packing. Rebecca will be at school so it'll be just me, you're more than welcome to come over." She said.

"Mmm, I'll see. The next few days we'll be busy too...with the whole Christmas thing you know?"

"It's okay. As long as I get to see you before I go I'll be happy" She smiled.

We arrived and I opened the door for her.

"Thanks" She said.

"You're welcome" I smiled. "I'll call you tomorrow"

"Kay" She smiled back.

I hugged her tight.

She gasped. Guess it was a bit sudden,

She patted my back.

"I love you...the time I've spent with you will forever be engraved in my heart." I whsipered.

"I love you too Kai. This isn't good bye, not yet. So don't get nostalgic on me okay?"

She was saying that cuz she felt sorry for me. She doesn't mean it.

I pulled away. "Yeah..."

I felt a knot forming in my throat and I felt my eyes beginning to form tears. I need to leave before I actually cry.

"I'll talk to you later." I said and walked to the drivers side.

She took a deep breath and walked to the front door. She unlocked it and looked back, I was still there. She waved and smiled then went inside.

I honestly didn't want to leave but I couldn't bare for her to see me like this. I've never felt this way before. Not for a girl, just then I saw Jimin walking to Rebecca's front door. I got out of my car and confronted him.

"You...." I glared at him.

"What're you doing here?" He asked.

"Why couldn't you just leave her alone?" I asked.

"I didn't even know she was still here, if I would've known that I-"

"Liar. I'm more than sure you already had a feeling she was here. You didn't even call her!"

"That's none of your business!" He yelled.

"It IS my business! Do you have any idea how much pain you conflicted on her?! How much she cried because of you?!"

"I...."

"You caused her a great deal of pain and you act as if nothing happened, how pathetic! Take responsibility for what you did!"

"I am! If I didn't want her I wouldn't even be here! Mind your own business cuz she's doesn't need you anymore! She has me! We both know you're all mad and upset because she doesn't feel the same way about you!" He exclaimed.

I grinded my teeth together. "What did you say?!

"You heard me! Karen will ALWAYS love me! She doesn't love you, she doesn't consider you like someone she'd date. Did you know that when she was with you the whole time she pictured me? Even when you kissed her she thought of me!" He yelled.

"Oh really? Funny, because she kissed me back no problem!" I yelled.

"Ha! She may have kissed you but she was thinking of ME the entire time!!" He yelled back.

That's it! I pushed him to the ground and it was on!

Rebecca and Karen came outside

We were rolling on the ground and throwing punches at each other.

"STOP IT!" Karen yelled

Becca: Go Jimin go!

Typical, despite the fact on how nice I've been to her she still takes his side.

"Rebecca!" Karen exclaimed.

Becca: I mean...BREAK IT UP!

"Help me brake them apart!" She said.

Becca: I don't think that's a good idea Karen...they're really mad, what if we get hurt.

"Then I'll do it." Karen said.

She walked towards us, we were now standing up.

"I SAID STOP!" She yelled.

We ignored her remark and kept yelling at each other, insulting one another. Then she got in between us.

"Karen! Stay out of my way!" I yelled

"No! Stop it!" She pushed me.

I looked at her. So it's like that? She's seriously doing this?

"That's enough. BOTH of you! What the hell is wrong with you?! Kai please go home and YOU" She looked at Jimin. "We need to talk NOW"

Jimin wiped his mouth and glared at me. Hmph, wuss.

I glared back and walked to his car, I drove off without another word. You have to be kidding me! This entire time. I'm the one who's helped her! I'm the one who held her when she cried! The one who embraced her when she felt lonely! ME! Yet she chooses him?! I was furious and so hurt. How could she do such a thing to me? Why aren't I good enough?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ever since the fight she's been calling me and texting me but I can't talk to her. She sided with him, not that I'm surprised but still. She pushed me away and told ME to leave when all I ever did was be there for her and love her...How could she throw me away for someone who didn't take her feelings into consideration and told her so many awful things? I sighed. I can't even concentrate on my work, she's all I think about. No matter what I do, every time I close my eyes I see her. I remember her laugh and that beautiful smile of hers. I've become pathetic, I'm in love with a girl who will never love me back.

Chanyeol: Kai? Hello~

Hmm? I looked up.

Chanyeol: You okay? You've been really distracted lately, you haven't even mastered the dance yet. KRIS is doing better than you. Haha.

Kris: -___-

"It's nothing...I just have a lot on my mind." I said.

Sehun: I'm not psychic but I'm guessing it's Karen.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

Suho: Yeah, ever since the other night you've been acting kind of odd.

Chen: Did something happen?

"Well, I haven't told you but...She's back with Jimin." I said.

Chanyeol: Huh?

Chen: No way, after all that happened?

I shrugged. "She said she'd never be able to return the feelings I have for her. But that we'd always be friends..."

Tao: Not trying to rain on your parade but friends is better than nothing.

"That's not what bothers me though..." I said.

Actually that was only PART of what was bugging me.

Kris: Don't worry about it, she wasn't your style anyway.

Sehun: (mimicking) She wasn't your style anyway 😆

All: (Laugh)

Kris: 😒

Baekhyun: Well what bothers you then?

"The fact that when Jimin and I were fighting she took his side. She pushed me away and told me to leave...." I said.

Chanyeol: I'm sure it wasn't like that, maybe you misinterpreted her actions.

Luhan: I'm sure she pushed you to separate the both of you and told you to leave so you'd quit fighting. Chanyeol's right, you most likely misunderstood her actions.

"Why didn't she tell him to leave then?" I asked.

It was quiet.

My assumptions aren't wrong, I'm 100% sure he stayed there with her AND that he spent the night, that's why I didn't bother answering her phone call. She probably wanted to tell me not to come over cuz she'd be busy 'packing'....

Chanyeol: So she hasn't called you at all?

Baekhyun: She's leaving tonight isn't she?

Sehun: Tonight? Wow, we've been practicing nonstop for the past few days. Hmm, but if she is leaving tonight how come she hasn't stopped by?

Suho: Kai, has she contacted you or not?

"She's called and sent me text messages...." I said.

Tao: Why haven't you answered? You made it seem like she dumped you.

"Because she did!" I exclaimed.

Chanyeol: But she's been calling you! That means she WANTS to hear your voice.

Sehun: 😑 I honestly thought she was ignoring you

Suho: Why haven't you returned any of her calls or messages?

"What's the point? Don't you guys see? I'm in love with her and I can't ever have her! She'll always see me as just a friend...being with her makes me happy..." I said.

Kris: Maybe you should-

All: Shut up Kris....

Kris: Eh?!

Tao: Kai, you should call her. She probably wants to see you before she goes or at least hear your voice.

Kris: That's what I was gonna say!!! 😤

Sehun: (mimicking) That's what I was gonna say 😩 hahaha.

Kris: I'm going home -.-

"I don't think I can do that...I've been ignoring her this whole time." I said.

Suho: Don't be so naive. She knows we've been busy so she'll understand.

Chanyeol: Kai, you can do it.

Luhan: We're behind you all the way.

D.O: Call her.....NOW 😈

All: 😰 You'd better do it Kai....

I took a deep breath and reached for my phone. I dialed her number, the phone rang and rang. Maybe she doesn't wanna talk to me. I was about to hang up when she answered.

Hello?"

"Karen...."

"Kai, Hey...I've been trying to call you and text you...are you busy?"

"N-No, actually we just got done with practice. I was wondering if you'd...well if you're not busy...I wanted to see you. You're leaving tonight aren't you?"

"Uhh , yeah at 9." She said.

"Karen? You there?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm still here.." She said.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Umm, well right now I'm leaving Namsan. I came here with-"

"Jimin" I finished her sentence. I knew she stayed quiet cuz she was with him, go figure.

"Yeah, him" She said.

"I assume going to see you is out of the question then" I said.

"No, actually I was gonna go see you" She said.

"Alone though, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course."

I heard a scoff. Probably that idiot. Might as well have fun with it and say something that'll make him even angrier.

"I'll be here waiting for you then. Don't take too long kay?" I said as sweetly as possible.

"I'll be there in a bit. Later"

-click-

I smirked.

Chanyeol: What'd she say?

"She's coming" I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sehun: Noona!

Baekhyun: Aww you look so cute!

Xiumin: Karen ^^

Luhan: ☺️

Chen: Hello~

D.O: 😶

Suho: Karen! How are you? We had hoped you wouldn't forget us.

Kris: 👏

Tao: Hi~

Lay: Anneyong 😊

Chanyeol: (HUG) Ohhh I missed you! (hugs tighter)

Kai: 😯

Karen: Chanyeol.....I....can't.....breathe.....

Chanyeol: Oh. Keke. Sorry. I was a bit excited. 😅

Karen: Hey guys. I'd never forget you, I thought you'd all be busy but I'm glad Kai called, I really wanted to see all of you before I left.

Luhan: So you're actually leaving? Like for good?

Xiumin: You're not coming back ever?

Karen: I'm coming back, hopefully in like 2 months, but I'm not so sure that'll happen to be honest. I might have to stay longer, I need to pay everything off, put my house for sale and all this bunch of stuff.

Suho: Wait, so you're leaving but coming back to live here?

Karen: That's what I plan. I wanna get a house here so that my kids can come live with me and also I'll have a place of my own.

Sehun: Alone?

Karen: Yeah, I'm not gonna be living with anyone. It'll be me,myself and the kids

"I don't believe that." I said in disbelief.

Karen: Then that's on you. I already talked to Jimin about that, he needs to stay where he is and I'll be in my own space. But anyway, like I was saying, it's what I plan on doing.

Baekhyun: You'll let us come over right?

"Of course I'll let you come over!" I smiled.

Kris: You better cook for us when we're there.

"Uhh okay" I looked at him.

Suho: How big do you want your house to be?

Sehun: Suho Hyung will buy it for you xD

All: Ahahaha.

Karen: Well Suho, I'm thinking maybe a 5 bedroom house with a big backyard and very spacious inside as well.

"Why so many rooms if it'll just be you?" I asked.

Karen: Well, I'm sure Rebecca will stay over now and then. Also when/if my family ever wants to visit, they'd need a room or two.

"Mmhmm." I said a bit annoyed.

Tao: Ahem. So we'll finally get to meet the kids huh? Aww, I'm going to spoil them rotten! They are just adorable!

Karen: Aww thanks Tao. I'm sure they'll love you

Sehun: Well, I really hope you come back ASAP. I'll miss you.

Karen: I'll miss you too. All of you, I'm really happy and fortunate to have met you guys, I'm still a die hard EXO fan hehe, I'll be supporting you always! Honestly I never imagined we'd all be friends. It seemed like an impossible thing to achieve but I'm extremely lucky and blessed to have you partake in my life. Even if I'm not some big shot kpop idol.

Chanyeol: You've been so great to us Karen. You're not just our friend.

Tao: You're like a sister we've never had.

Luhan: a sweet caring sister who was always there for us ^^

Lay: You were really fun to be around.

Suho: You are truly an amazing and unique person Karen. You'll be missed very much.

Kris: Keep in touch

D.O: Never skip your meals. Sleep right.

Chen: Always smile!

Baekhyun: Never stop being so cute! Be strong and always move forward. Fighting!

Xiumin: Have a safe trip 😊

Sehun: (hug) Noona, call me and message me often...

Karen: I will..I promise

Chanyeol: Ahem.

Suho: Kai.

I got up from where I was sitting and walked towards her. She waited for me to say something.

"So I guess you'll be going now?" I asked

"You know I came because I wanted to say good bye to everyone and to have a good time conversing with all of you. We laughed and smiled at the memories we've shared together and the fun times we've had but you....all you were doing was being rude and scoffing at everything I was saying. You wanted me to come and I did so why were you acting like such a jerk?" She asked.

Suho: We'll let you guys talk, let's go boys. Have a safe trip Karen.

"Thank you Suho. Bye everyone"

All: Bye 👋👋

They left the room, We were alone.

I remained quiet.

"You're not going to talk to me?" She asked.

"What do you want me to say to you Karen? That I'm going to miss you? That I love you? That I wish you a safe trip? Is that what you want to hear from me?" I looked at her.

"Why did you tell me to come?" She asked.

"The guys wanted to see you before you left. I didn't do it for me, I did it for them. Sorry to burst your bubble." I said.

"I see. You know, that doesn't bother me at all because I had a fun time talking to them. I'm glad you called me and I'm glad to have realized that taking your side was stupid. You know I got in an argument with Jimin because I came here, I told him I wanted to see you and spend time with you, he said that you were an idiot that it was obvious that if you weren't calling me of answering my texts it was because you didn't wanna see or talk to me. Funny how that all works right? You tell me to forget Jimin, Jimin tells me forget you but the truth is I can't forget...either of you. That's how important you are. I refuse to live without one or the other, although it seems I'm the only one who thinks this way. If you're mad at me for pushing you away or because I'm back with Jimin then I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say to you...So I'll leave. I'm gonna miss you and if this is where our friendship ends then have a good life. Be happy." I looked at the time then back at him. "Bye Kai..."

She slightly smiled and left.

And just like that she was gone again...The one thing I didn't want to do, I did. Too late to take it back now. 'Be happy' she said. How can I be when the one thing that makes me happy is her. It's like my happiness walked out the door and I just let it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I haven't spoken to her at all since she left. I asked Sehun the other day if he had heard anything from her, but nothing. I wanted to text her, call her, something. But I couldn't, I didn't have the courage too. I decided I'd go back to my room.

Sehun: I'll be sure to tell him Noona. As a matter of fact, speak of the devil. Kai Hyung, come here for a sec

"Eh, for what?" I asked as I took a step back.

Sehun: It's for you.

"For me?" I asked.

Sehun: Ne. Hurry up. Keke.

"Hello?" I picked up the phone.

"I meant what I said about you being dear to me! Kai, you're an idiot! A friend is supposed to be there through thick and thin, stay by your side! Never leave you! You're moping and acting like I did something wrong when I didn't! You're all mad cuz of what I said but YOU promised me you'd always be there for me! I don't care if you don't ever want to talk to me but at least I said what I wanted to!" She took a deep breath.

"................."

She waited.

"You're right...about everything..."

"And?" She asked.

"I never wanna make you mad again. I swear to you Sehun is laughing right now because I turned pale and my eyes widened as you were speaking to me."

Sehun laughed even harder.

"Karen..." I said.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"I'm really sorry I made you feel like that. You know, Jimin told me you cried...for me."

"Oh...."

"The one thing I didn't want to ever do happened and I'm really sorry. I've given a lot of thought into us and well, the guys are right. Being friends is better than losing you completely."

"It took you almost 2 months to figure that out?" She asked.

"Sorry..." I said.

"I really hate that I can't stay mad...I miss you." She said.

"But of course you can't stay mad at me. After all looks like mine are a long lasting impression. Haha." I joked.

"Whatever! Hahaha."

It was nice hearing her laugh again after so long, We talked for a while longer, I'm really glad we're friends again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"PREGNANT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE PREGNANT?!!!" I yelled.

"Kai, stop overreacting. I'm pregnant okay? I can't take it back now." She said.

"Ugh, Karen. How could you get pregnant?" I groaned.

"Well, I guess he wasn't careful when-"

"Sshh, I don't wanna know. That's too much info, you have to take really good care of yourself." I said.

Karen and I are closer than ever now. I wanted to keep her in my life so I decided that being friends was better than nothing. Besides, she's makes me happy and although my feelings for her haven't faded I respected the fact she was with Jimin. Although, now I'm for sure never having her because she's now expecting his child. Aish.

"Say Kai, maybe if it's a boy you could teach him/her a thing or two about dancing" she smiled.

"If it's a girl I'm going to tell her to stay away from boys because they have horrible diseases." I said.

She laughed. "Kai, YOURE a boy"

"No I'm not. I'm a man, for your information" I corrected.

"So? Same difference" she smiled.

"Look, I'm gonna find a way to explain on how I'm immune and therefore I'm not dangerous." I smiled.

"I won't let you or any of the guys brain wash her. I hope it's a boy, then you won't set so many rules for him. A girl would suffer, A jealous father and a whole bunch of over protective uncles. No way. I'll be praying for a boy. I mean either way I'll love it unconditionally but you'd drive it insane if it's a girl." She said.

"It's gonna be a girl" I said.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"Cuz I said so." I smiled.

She giggled. "Funny."

We talked for a while longer. She was so happy and that made me happy, she'll be a wonderful mother to her child. I know Jimin will be a great dad and I'll love it as if it were my own. After everything we've been through, I never thought she and I would be here like this. Destiny is something one produces by their actions and decisions. I made mistakes but along the way making some right decisions has me where I am today and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 2K 58
Between the two..
12.8K 109 8
-"fuck me now..." {MATURE} {jeonscrotch 2017©️} BTS one-shots
2K 74 17
Life changes when your new neighbours come into your life