Relationship With My Boyfrien...

By KearaBoo

(Book #5 out of Best Friend Series) ______________________________ "Nina." I halt in my steps, moving away fr... More

Family Tree
Synopsis.
Authors Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70. - Epilogue
Good News!!
Disappointed.
Exciting!

Chapter 15.

42K 1K 541
By KearaBoo

I'm a heaving, gasping, retching mess as Jace drags me outside. I'm half carried, and half dragged out the door, probably attracting attention at this point, but I don't care anymore.

I thought I could do it. I thought I could, but I can't. Seeing him, here, with those girls hands on him, so close to him, it's killing me. It keeps flashing in my head like a freaking slide show.

Over and over again.

As soon as the movement of us stops, I drop to my knees and cough hysterically as if I'll throw up. Jace grabs my perfectly done hair, and holds the bundle away from my face as I cry and threaten to regurgitate anything in my stomach.

It feels like I'm dying, and in a way I am. Half of me is. I always thought that Eric and I were two halves of a whole. We completed each other, at least I thought. I trusted him, I put my faith in him, I've known him for over a decade and this is what happens. This is what I get for giving away my heart.

All of the fluids in my body go towards my tears. They won't stop, and I'm hiccuping to the point I can barely breathe.

"H-h-how could h-he?" I struggle, sobs wracking my body.

"I don't know, baby, I don't know." And he lets me cry. He lets me grieve. He lets me experience pain and I can't even be mad at him for it. Maybe in some sick way, it's the universe telling me that in some way it's my fault. It's my fault for putting so much of myself into someone that I couldn't have been certain about. True love doesn't exist, every novel, every movie, every pessimistic person out there has always said it. And I was stupid to not believe it.

What seems like hours later, I've finished with the tears. They've dried up on my face from the cold, and now I'm left staring into the winter night.

"Is there somewhere I can take you?" Jace asks, reminding me that he's still here.

"My house," I mumble, barely coherent. "My parents will be asleep."

He nods and helps me stand up, though, I'm sure it's not easy with the way I can barely hold my own weight.

Jace helps me into his truck, buckling me up himself and closing the door. He gets in the drivers seat moments later, but before starting the ignition, he looks over at me. I don't return the gesture. I'm sure if I wanted to even, I wouldn't be able to.

He lets out a sigh and we begin our journey to my house. Once again my thoughts drift back to Eric and his betrayal, so I clench my eyes shut and bring my knees to my chest.

The car ride goes quicker this way, and before I know it, we're stopping outside of my house. The lights are all off beside the porch lanterns, indicating my parents have gone to bed. Why wouldn't they, it's nearly one in the morning.

"Do you have a key?" I nod and grab my key out of my pocket. He takes the piece of metal, hesitating on getting out of the car. I follow after him, surprising us both I'm sure.

The house is completely dark on the inside, so dark we can barely see where we're going, but I manage to lead us both up to my room. And not once do I question why Jace is still with me.

"I'm just going to go change," I tell him with no emotion. "You don't have to stay. I think I'm okay now."

He stuffs his hands in his jean pockets and stares at me, trying to decipher whether I am what I say. I'm not okay, obviously, but him staying doesn't seem right. Doesn't seem ethical.

"You're sure?" He asks and I nod, looking down at the clothes in my hands; cotton shorts, large t-shirt. His converse clad feet enter my vision and I feel his fingers underneath my chin. He lifts my head to get me to look at him and I do, feigning being okay. "You don't have to lie to me-"

"I'm fine, Jace," I back away from him my voice cold. "Thank you for driving me home, but you should probably go."

He clenches his jaw, eyes turning cold, but he nods and reaches out for the door handle. Not once does his gaze leave me.

"You don't always have to act so strong, Nina," he speaks and I swallow. "You have people who will pick you up."

I clench my teeth together and turn right into my connected bathroom. I close the door and lock it. My throat constricts, and I will myself not to cry, but the tears pour out anyway. I gasp and cover my mouth before slowly sinking to the floor, tipping my head against the door.

I don't know what to do.

•••

I fell asleep in my bed last night, but I know I only got a few hours. Even then, I don't want to try to go back to sleep because I'm scared my thoughts will show up in my dreams.

I lay underneath my sheets, staring at my ceiling from seven a.m. to ten and that's when my phone starts blowing up. I'm surprised Braylee nor Candice came over last night to check on me, but I'm glad they didn't either way. I'm still not sure whether I should tell them that I even saw Eric or not.

Bray Bray: what happened to you last night? (9:15 a.m.)

Bray Bray: nina? freaking answer your phone? (9:25 a.m.)

Bray Bray: Jace said you got sick and he took you home. is that true? (9:30 a.m.)

Bray Bray: text me back when you wake up please! <3  (9:40 a.m.)

I don't answer her, instead, I go through the other texts that I have yet to have seen. Some are from Candice, some are from Baylee, and one is from Eric. My heart aches at just the mere sight of his name.

Candice: why didn't you tell Braylee and me that you were leaving? (9:30 a.m.)

Candice: we're really worried, are you okay? (9:40 a.m.)

Candice: Jace drove you home? (9:41 a.m.)

Candice: nina!! please answer (9:43 a.m.)

Candice: text me when you can (9:45 a.m.)

Baylee: I saw you at the party last night :) why didn't you come say hi? (9:50 a.m.)

Lovey 💕: good morning beautiful, want to get some breakfast? 😘 (10:01 a.m.)

My eyes sting, and immediately I feel the bile rise in my throat. I throw my phone down on my bed and run to my bathroom, and lean over the toilet. I cough and heave, like last night, though, nothing comes out. My eyes sting with tears spilling out of them, and I hiccup in helplessness.

I don't know how long really I stay in my bathroom crying, but by the time I'm done, I feel even more drained than before. Even then, I make myself take a shower, washing my hair the way I usually do and then blow drying it and curling it. I make myself do everything normal as to not raise suspicion among my family.

I throw on my usual blue jeans, high socks and a cardigan. I look in the mirror for the millionth time before going downstairs, smiling at my reflection to try and perfect it. It looks somewhat believable.

As usual, my parents and brother are at the table ready to eat breakfast and when they see me they greet me, well, besides Caleb. He doesn't seem to really care.

"Good morning, baby," my mom kisses my forehead, on her way to bring the waffles to the table. I don't feel hungry.

"Morning," I mumble and take a seat. We say grace before we're able to eat, though I spend most my time picking at the food rather than eating it.

"Your dad, brother and I are going to the store after breakfast," my mom says. "Do you want to come?"

I know the answer right away, but I make it look like I'm thinking about it before I actually let her know.

"I think I'll stay here," I tell her. "I'm still tired from last night."

She smiles and says that's okay. I help her clean the dishes and such after breakfast - as usual - and then they leave. That means I'm alone with my thoughts once again.

Maybe I should've gone, it would distract me for a few hours.

Another few texts come in on my phone, luckily a knock on my door draws my attention away from the messages. My heart pounds briefly when I worry that it may be Eric, so I look through the little window on the side of the door to check.

It's Jace.

I open the door confused.

"Hi," he greets calmly, his hands in his jean pockets again. Typical stance.

"Hi," I avert my eyes, feeling embarrassed of last night.

"Can I come in?" My dry eyes peer up at him and I nod, opening the door wider.

He walks in, and when he passes me I shut the door again and wait a second before facing him.

"Why are you here, Jace?" I decide to get it off my chest. He licks his lips.

"I came to see how you were doing." His statement makes me angry for some reason, and I walk past him with a scowl on my face.

"Well, thanks, but I can take care of myself," I bite back. Isn't this against the rules, he's Eric's best friend and yet he's checking up on me, the cheated on girlfriend.

"I never said you couldn't," he scoffs. "I just thought since everything that happened last night-"

"You mean me finding out my boyfriend of over ten years has been cheating on me for who knows how long?" I sarcastically remark, looking at him.

"Nina-"

"How long has he been doing it?" I ask him, my sadness for the situation now turning into red hot anger. "Huh?"

"How would I know?" He snaps back, seemingly just as angry.

"It seems like ever since you've come here, he's changed, so I'm asking you-"

"You think I'm the one who made him cheat on you?" He growls, finding my statement absurd.

I take a step back, and swallow.

"Because I fucking didn't," he states. "But for all I know he did it because of the way you're fucking acting."

My eyes widen in disbelief and I seethe back, "The way I'm acting?"

"Yeah," he nods, eyes blazing.

"And how am I acting mister I know everything?" I glare at him.

"You're acting like a bitch," he bluntly tells me. "Someone tries to help you and be there for you, but all you do is act like an ungrateful, self-righteous, bitch."

A scream slash gurgled noise escapes my mouth and I lunge at Jace. I'm angry enough to kill it seems, but I don't even get the chance because the boy is so dang strong and easily holds me back.

All I feel is his hands clasp around my wrists and my back hitting the wall. We're both breathing heavy - my hands above my head - our bodies so close together. It almost seems hard to breathe with the close proximity, my breasts smushed tightly against his sculpted chest, his body against every portion of my front side, and his face - it's so close to mine.

I can smell the fresh mint from his breath, I can make out every little speckle of color in his blue eyes and every freckle on his nose.

I lose my breath for a second, and he seems to realize the closeness to - his eyes darting to my heaving cleavage that's easily seen through my tank top and even more prominent with the way I'm crushed against the man - but he does nothing to diminish it.

Instead, he completely does the opposite and crashes his lips down on mine.
____________________

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Holy shit I'm screaming, my heart is literally beating out of my chest because finally, FINALLY, they kiss!!!!! I hope you guys don't think it's bad timing because I've been planning this chapter for years it seems and it's finally here!!!

Watty's 2017! Submissions are up and running and so far I have entered four of mg stories; Relationship With My Boyfriends Best Friend, Forbidden Love, Tage Kolosov, and Too Complicated. If you head over to TheWattys you can go to the book Watty's 2017 and read the instructions on how to vote! I'd appreciate it if you all helped me win a watty this year!!

Also, this summer I'm going to pick days for a designated story, today and tomorrow is for this story because I updated Forbidden Love today and I want a full day for this story!!

What do you think? Do you feel horrible for Nina? Should she have kicked Jace out after he drove her home? Should she answer her friends and tell them what happened? Is she going to kiss Jace back?

Don't be a silent reader!!

Enjoy. Love you all <3

Like and comment :)

Twitter: @KearaSanders
Snapchat: @Kearaboo01

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 151 49
To my astonishment, I saw Reece situated between my legs, his actions mirroring those of someone savouring their favorite treat. The shock and ecstas...
170K 4K 40
"Don't look at me like that. I promise I will make you feel like a queen, when living here." He said looking straight through me. He came closer and...
1M 21.9K 52
Guardians of Freecaster High #1 "That doesn't make any sense. You were the one who left me. You didn't care anymore." "If I didn't care, Alexis, then...
473K 14.3K 41
"Do I make you nervous, Sweetheart?" He spoke lowly. "Psh, no! I just-" I gasped when his tongue flicked out and touched my neck. My hands flew up t...