Marley Meets Josh

By tayxwriter

After years away, Marley and Josh return to their hometown high school and fall in love. Can their relationsh... More

Please Read !
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
Epilogue

(5)

415K 14.6K 9.5K
By tayxwriter

M A R L E Y S • P O V

Josh and I pulled up outside of a large white colonial brick home. Black shuttered windows lined the front of the house and a wide footpath with garden beds situated on either side, led up to a large black door.

Josh paid the cab driver and we hopped out of the car and started up the footpath. I suddenly stopped and grabbed Josh's arm, causing him to stop too.
He turned and looked at me with a puzzled expression.

I motioned towards the top floor windows, which were all lit up. "Why are all the lights on?"

Josh followed my gaze and sighed with a lazy smile on his lips. "My uncle thinks that everyone wants to rob his house," he rolled his eyes. "He makes us leave the lights on if we go out at night." 

"Paranoid much?"

Josh nodded with a small chuckle. "Come on, I want some pizza."

"Didn't we just have kebabs," I exclaimed, causing him to laugh.

"I'm a growing boy Marley, I'm always hungry."

I grinned and turned to head inside. As I went to put my foot forward, the heel of my boot caught on a cracked raise in the pavement. All of a sudden I was face down, laying across the flower bed and in the grass of the front lawn. Which, for some reason was soaking wet. Before I could push up, Josh's strong arms wrapped around my waist and he effortlessly pulled me to my feet.

"Shit are you alright?" He panicked, holding my shoulders and looking me over.

"Im fine, honestly," I mumbled and brushed my clothes off. I felt embarrassed more than anything. "Just soaking wet, why is the grass so drenched?"

Josh's eyes glanced over to the front of the house before he sighed with frustration. "Blake left the fucking hose on again," he snapped. I noticed the hose snaking its way through the grass. "He always does after he washes his car."

He jogged over to the tap and switched it off before running back to me. "Come on, you can use my shower," he offered, wrapping an arm around my waist and leading me inside.

We walked through the large house which had a clean modern feel to it. Everything was black and white with the odd splash of colour in strategic places. Like the red cushions on the black sofa.
The yellow artificial sunflowers in the large white vase on the black coffee table. The pastel blue coffee jars sitting on the dark marble kitchen counter top.

Josh's bedroom was much the same as the rest of the house. The cream carpets and walls contrasted with the black dresser, drawers and bed head. There were a few posters of boxers hanging on the walls. But otherwise there wasn't much about the room that felt personal.

"So, this is your room huh?" I mused as I turned in a slow circle, my gaze wandering over the minimal features.

"Yeah well it was Blake's gaming room, but I needed a room when I moved in and my Aunt insisted that I didn't get stuck with one of the tiny guest rooms."

He pulled his jacket off and threw it on the bed.

"Least it doesn't stink," I shrugged.  Josh looked at me with confused amusement.

"Some guys have really stank rooms," I nodded with wide eyes, recounting the boys dorms that I had been in before I left boarding school.

"Yeah that's true, Blake's room always stinks," Josh said with a thoughtful expression. "Must be all that tugging on his junk he does."

I screeched with both horror and amusement as I covered my ears and Josh shook with laughter. "Way to much information!" I pretended to gag.

Josh's chuckling subsided before he looked me up and down, remembering my clothes soaked state. "Showers just through that door over there, the left one, not the right, the right is the closet. Towels are on the shelf in there. I'll be out making pizza," he leaned down and kissed my forehead before hurrying out of the room.

He quickly poked his head back in. "Chuck your wet clothes in the laundry chute, I'll put them in the dryer."

I nodded and he disappeared again, shivering as I hurried in to the bathroom. I turned the shower on before I began to peel off my wet clothes, rolling them up, before throwing them in to the laundry chute. At home I always showered for around twenty minutes. I didn't want to do that here though so I washed and rinsed as fast as I could. I kept my hair up in its bun and out of the water so that I didn't have to worry about drying it. I turned the shower off, stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body.

And that's when it hit me, I hadn't even thought about what I would wear after the shower. How could I have not thought that far ahead? I started to panic a little but I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. Maybe Josh had something that I could wear? I didn't have much choice really, it was either that or take a cab home in my towel; I think not!
I opened the door to the ensuite and looked in to Josh's bedroom.

"Josh?" I loudly whispered.

I waited a minute but no response came.
I stepped out of the bathroom and walked towards the dresser. A song coming from the little radio on the bed side table caught my attention. It was one of my favourite Chainsmokers songs. I turned it up and let my body sway with the song. There were certain songs in this world that could send me in to euphoric state of total bliss and this was one of them.

"Don't worry my love! We're learning to love," I sang along. "But it's hard when you're young."

I moved with the upbeat instrumental tune, losing myself when a firm set of hands gripped my waist, causing me to jump with fright. I spun around and found Josh right behind me, a devilish grin on his handsome face. His hands found my waist again and he stood close. So, so close.

My breathing was shallow as I swallowed. "You scared me."

"Sorry. I should have announced myself. I'm just not used to seeing gorgeous girls in their towels, dancing in my room," he mumbled flirtatiously. "Took me by surprise."

He stared at me with want in his eyes. He scanned my face and watched my lips. But he didn't make a move. He just continued to look down at me with soft, yet dangerous eyes.

I don't know what came over me, but the look on his face as he drank in my features gave me a burst of confidence. I bit my lip and smiled. Without breaking eye contact, I leaned on my tip toes and closed the distance between us by pressing a kiss on to his lips. He was clearly stunned by me making the first move, but only for a split second.

He instinctively encircled his arms around my body and kissed me back. His hands explored their way up and down my torso, our tongues moved together quickly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tugged on his hair, a groan escaped his mouth and it peaked my need for him. His hands slowly travelled down, further and further until they were on my thighs. He dug his fingers in to my skin and lifted me up, wrapping my legs around his waist without breaking our kiss.

Suddenly my towel fell off.

I was stark naked... and I didn't care.

I heard Josh's breath catch and his fingers tightened on my back.

We stayed like that for a few moments before he broke our kiss and set me on my feet.
He quickly reached down and picked up my towel, wrapping it around me, keeping his eyes on the ground.

Stepping back, he shut his eyes and ran his hands through his hair, letting out a deep breath. I was stunned. Had I done something wrong? Did he not like what he saw?

"I'm sorry," was all I could stammer out.

Josh, with his hands still on his head, flicked his eyes open in alarm and he stepped forward. "Marley, don't be sorry!" He exclaimed putting his arms around my waist as he sighed. "Look, you said you weren't ready and I want to respect that. As respectful as I am, I'm only human and that—"

His eyes swept over me.

"That was going to cause me to shut off all reasonable thoughts. Trust me, I wanted to throw you in to my bed and do all sorts of things to you. But we're going to wait... until you are fully ready. Not just in the heat of the moment okay." He pressed his forehead on to mine and shut his eyes, his breathing was ragged.

I wanted to tell him that I was ready. Throw me in your bed and do those things to me. But I knew he was right, I was caught up in the heat of the moment. I needed more time to completely trust him before I would be ready.

"Guys like you don't exist," I accused, playfully glaring at him.

He laughed and stepped back, running his hands through his hair. "It's just a matter of learning to listen to your head over your—"

"Stop! I think I know where that sentence was going."

"Yeah, not many of us can do it, it's a fine art that only few have mastered," he began to gloat, putting his hands on his hips and standing in a superhero stance. I loudly laughed but didn't deny that he was definitely a super human.

Josh gave me another longing glance and groaned with frustration before kneeling down to open his drawers. He pulled out a black button up dress shirt and handed it to me. "Sorry, I don't have any girls underwear laying around here," he chuckled. "That's probably a good thing though, right?"

I rolled my eyes at his smirk. "This top looks like it'll be long enough. I don't need any underwear," I winked and gave him a playful grin as his mouth dropped open.

"God, Marley!" He threw up his arms dramatically and headed towards the door with a mopey walk.

"Come to the kitchen when you're changed, temptress!"

I giggled at his performance as he retreated from the room. Dropping the towel, I slid on the black shirt and buttoned it up. I was right. It fell just below my bum and covered everything up nicely. I glanced in the mirror and smiled. It did look pretty revealing, sexy almost.

I felt a little pang of guilt, like maybe it wasn't fair to walk around like that if I wasn't planning on having sex with him.

I quickly shook the feeling off. It didn't matter what wore, I wasn't obligated to have sex with him. And I knew that he wouldn't pressure me in to that either. I mean he stopped us when I was completely naked; I didn't need to worry about him pushing anything on me.

I was about to walk out of the room when Josh came back in, holding a big plate of steaming pizza and a couple of lemonades. His eyes slowly appraised my body, scanning me over with a slow glance. A small exhale escaped his lips as he set the food and drinks down on the bed side table. He faced me and crossed his arms over his chest, giving me a mischievous look.

"That top looks a hell of a lot better on you, than it does on me," he winked as he slowly sauntered over to me. I bit my lip trying to hold in a joker sized grin.

Josh cupped my chin and placed his thumb on my lip, pulling it away from my teeth. His hand lingered and he kept his eyes on my mouth. "Not to sound like fucking Christian Grey or something, but that's really distracting."

I burst out laughing and he crossed his arms over his chest and gave me a sideways glance. "Are you laughing at me? Do I need to punish you?"

My blood ran cold as I let his words sink in.

What?!

Josh's serious look didn't waver and time felt like it had slowed right down.

His lips slowly started to curl up at the sides and his eyes crinkled as he let out a psssh sounding laugh, curling over as he held his knees. "I couldn't even keep a straight face," he spluttered out. "I dunno how people say stuff like that for real."

He straightened up, trying to contain his body from vibrating with laughter. I playfully smacked his arm, realising that it was just a joke.

"Come on Ms Thompson," he said in a posh tone. "Let's get in to bed, watch a movie and stuff our faces."

I climbed in to Josh's big cosy bed and pulled the covers up, glancing over to see that he had pulled his top off and was just wearing his jeans.

Oh god.

How was I supposed to concentrate on a movie with perfection sitting half naked right next to me.

Josh noticed me staring and wiggled his eyebrows. "I hope you don't mind," he said becoming more serious. He motioned to his pants and I realised that he wanted to take them off.

I chose this moment to lose the ability to form coherent sentences and just mumbled and shrugged. He chuckled and slid his pants off so that he was down to his Calvin's. He slid in to the bed and put the pizza in between us.

"Sorry, but who wants to lie in bed in their jeans," he grinned.

"Yeah, that's pretty uncomfortable," I mumbled, still effected by his unreal, model like body.

"So what do you want to watch?" Josh asked, picking up the remote and turning on the television.

"You're going to let me pick?" I questioned as I snatched a slice of pizza from the box.

Josh scoffed and switched to Netflix. "Why wouldn't I let you pick?"

"Aren't guys usually afraid to let the girl pick, in case we choose something mushy and romantic?"

"I'm pretty easy when it comes to movies," he said, handing me the remote, "I just don't like horrors."

I stared with a blank expression.

"What?" He gave me a puzzled shrug before he rolled his eyes with a playful smile. "You're a horror girl aren't you?"

"No! I just thought every guy liked horrors!"

"It sounds like you got all your information on guys from a Cosmopolitan quiz."

He said it teasingly, but he was pretty much right on the money. Apart from going on a few dates and sleeping with Brad in boarding school, I hardly knew anything about guys; I just hadn't had a lot of experience with them after douche face.

I gave him a shy smile and turned to the television, scrolling through the movie selection.

"What about Clueless? It's a classic!" I suggested.

I didn't get a reply, so I turned to Josh and found him watching me intently.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I put my hand on my lips instinctively, thinking that I might have had pizza around my mouth.

"No, you're just really beautiful," he said with a soft murmur.

I was certain that my cheeks were a bright shade of pink. My heart sped up and the fluttery feeling in my stomach was like nothing that I had ever felt.

"Thank you," it came out as a whisper.

Our eyes kept locked on each other for a few moments. It wasn't uncomfortable or awkward. It was more like we were both just appreciating each other.

"So... clueless?" I asked, clearing my throat.

"Sounds good to me!" Josh smiled as he settled down in to the bed, putting his arm behind his head. The action made his bicep flex and I tried not to combust right then and there.

I hit play and settled down as well. I declined his offer to have more pizza and he put the plate on the side table before shimmied a little closer. I welcomed the warm tingly sensation that flooded through me at the close proximity.

I didn't think that the frenzy in my tummy could get any stronger, until Josh reached out and took my hand, lacing our fingers together.

I woke up with my face pressed in to a solid wall of muscle. Josh had me wrapped in his arms, his chin resting on the top of my head and one of his legs draped across mine; his snoring was soft.

I took a moment to fully appreciate and soak in how incredible it felt to wake up like this.

But all too soon, the unwanted realisation hit me that I had stayed here all night. I hadn't told Dad where I was and I didn't want to be seen sneaking out of here in the morning.

I didn't want to wake Josh, he looked so peaceful. So I slowly and carefully rolled out of his arms. He stirred a little and I kept still until his breathing returned to normal.

Once I was out of his grasp I felt along the top of the bed for my phone and checked the time. 7.45am. I didn't have any texts from Dad asking where I was which I thought was strange and I hoped that it was early enough to sneak back in to the house without Dad realising that I hadn't come home.

I pulled back the covers and slipped out of bed. Another realisation came about and it occurred to me that my clothes were in the drier, which I had no idea of it's whereabouts. If I woke Josh up then we would get distracted and it would take me forever to leave.

I stood hunched over in thought by the bed for a few minutes, contemplating what to do next.

I decided to just go and have a look for it, there was no way that I could walk home in just a shirt. I picked up my shoes and quietly crept out of the room.

My heart raced as I wandered down the hall, using my common sense to guide me. Laundry rooms always seemed to be near the back door of the house.

I poked my head in to a room that's door was already open and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw a large fancy washing machine and dryer.

I dashed over to the dryer and pulled my clothes out, quickly putting them on and praying the entire time that no one came walking through the door. Once I was dressed, I threw Josh's top in to the washing machine and raced out of the house.

As I walked home, enjoying the morning sun and fresh breeze that offered to wake me up, I sent Josh a text that he would see when he woke up.

Hey, sorry for sneaking out. I had to get home. I didn't want to wake you ! Thanks for an amazing night ! I had a great time. See you at school tomorrow x.

"What the hell?" Andrea mumbled sleepily once she finally opened her bedroom window. She let her eyes scan over me before her mouth popped open and she grinned. "You spent the night with him?!"

"Just let me in," I grumbled, rolling my eyes.

Andrea shifted out of the way and I pulled myself in to a sitting position on her window sill before I swung my legs inside and dropped to the floor.

Before I could turn around and shut the window, Andrea grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me. "Tell me everything!"

"Later okay. And there's not much to tell we fell asleep watching movies," I shrugged out of her iron embrace and headed towards the door.

Andrea made a disgruntled noise of protest and began trailing along behind me.

I turned around and shot her a disapproving glare at the harassment. "I need to get dressed, did Dad notice that I didn't come home?"

"I dunno," she shrugged. "I haven't seen him this morning."

"Okay well I'm going to shower, just don't say anything okay?"

"Duh, of course I won't."

After I had showered and changed I went out to the kitchen where Dad stood at the kitchen counter making a coffee.

"Morning Dad! Did you enjoy the match last night, surprised I didn't see you there!" I nervously laughed and pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose.

Dad turned around and raised an eyebrow at me. "Is that an attempt to distract me from the fact that you didn't come home last night?" He questioned with one corner of his mouth slightly raised.

I give him a big 'please-don't-kill-me-I'm-your-daughter grin.' "Sorry. We just fell asleep watching a movie. It was innocent I swear."

I decided to leave out the fact that my naked body and been wrapped around Josh while we made out; didn't seem important to mention.

"Honey it's fine if you want to spend the night out, just send me a text to let me know okay."

I gave him a kind and grateful smile. I was lucky to have such an amazing father. There really aren't a lot like him. "Sorry, I'm just new to this dating thing, I promise to text next time."

Dad pecked me on the cheek and smiled. "To answer your question, I thought the match was brilliant."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 233 53
"This year will be different." Meet Savannah Thompson. Your average 17 year old girl. She has two amazing friends and a great relationship with her p...
120K 3K 40
Brady Parker. The best hockey player Holloway University had seen in years. He was essentially guaranteed a position on any professional team he want...
1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
8.3K 398 35
Will it be Anastasia and Nathaniel against the world? Despite all the odds, they always find their way back to each other and the universe has a funn...