In Your Eyes (junghalla)

By silverropes

Lee Suji is desperate to find another job but she never thought that her love for photography could be the ke... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

133 13 3
By silverropes

The picturesque view of the sun rising greets me as I open my eyes. I couldn't sleep even a bit last night even after packing my stuff for the trip because I got too excited. The last time I went on an out-of-town trip was way back when I was in high school. Dad was still around and we had extra money for a celebratory outing after my graduation. Things are different now. Although this trip is work-related, I'm still glad for such opportunity. Maybe except the fact that I would be sitting beside JK for the whole trip and probably sticking with him for the shoot because I'm (coughs) his (coughs) assistant.

I feel a slight nudge on my side. I slowly open my eyes more.

"Wake up. We have a lot to do." JK gets out of the car first and proceeds to the trunk of the car to

get our stuff.

Yoongi oppa looks at me from the driver's seat. He catches me stretching my arms. Instantly, I put down my hands and nod at him. He laughs and greets me good morning before getting out of the car. Well, I guess this trip would be bearable.

"Ya. Are you going to keep sleeping?"

Or not.

"Eonni!" A girl runs towards me, hugging my leg.

"Jeongie!" I squeal as I pick her up and wrapping her in my arms.

After being briefed my Yoongi oppa about our shoot today, I learned that it is for Jeong's upcoming birthday party. Her parents said they wanted to throw her a party and decided to include a shoot for it. They were checking other photographers but got impressed by JK's shots of kids in his portfolio and chose to him to do it instead. I haven't seen his portfolio myself, but I must say that he's indeed impressive. Can't deny he's got those artistic eyes.

"Are you excited for today?" I ask Jeongie who is comfortably sitting on my lap.

She slowly nods but presses her lips into a thin line. "Nervous."

I pinch her cheeks and smiles at her, "Don't be, baby girl! It will be fun. Trust eonni."

JK stands on a distance from us but I can see that he's been looking at Jeongie for a while now. His eyes never leave the kid even though she runs around the place. Occasionally he taps his chin with his finger, seeming like he's thinking over something.

His eyes land on mine. I look back at him. It's the first time for me that it doesn't feel awkward to look someone straight in the eyes. How do I put this... I feel rather calm. And I don't know why.

He points at his lips.

Move.

Boy, you just ruined the feel of the moment.

I stand up, leaving Jeongie for a minute to go where JK is. The set is already made less than an hour after we arrived. My task is to take care of the lights. JK talked to me earlier about how he wanted to do the shoot. All I have to do is to follow him to have the exact outputs.

It's all good during the first half of the shoot. It's all good until Jeongie started to feel uneasy and seemed to be on the verge of crying.

"Jeong?"

I notice JK flinches, giving me a glance as I call out to Jeong. Jeong hurries over and embraces me. She buries her face in my arms but doesn't say a thing. She raises her head, peeking at JK.

"Can oppa take the picture with me?" JK's eyes widen with Jeong's sudden request. He glances at me before looking at Jeong. It's evident he's having a dilemma as he places his camera on the table.

Standing up, I carry Jeong in my arms. "Jeong, let's play outside. Hm?"

It took around half an hour before Jeong calms down and agrees to continue the shoot. JK slides a piece of paper on my hand as I pass by him sitting in front of the monitoring screen. Seems like he already had it figured out which is a good one. At least, maybe we'd finish the shoot on time?

Take over the shoot. I'll be with the kid in the shoot. - JK

Take over what? Is he kidding me? This will be my first shoot as the head photographer but I don't want to mess up. Not in Jeong's birthday shoot. Besides, it is JK who has the concept of laid out in his head. What if I won't be able to do it exactly the way he wanted? A sudden tension fills my body. I'm too nervous for this.

The camera sits on top of the table next to JK. It kind of felt weird how the camera is somehow calling me. I'm going crazy.

Yoongi oppa walks in the set just in time. He stands beside me, tapping my shoulder to get my attention.

"JK told me you'd do it?" A gummy smile flashes on his face.

It wasn't a question. The purpose of that not was to notify me. It's not like I have a choice.

Shrugging my shoulders, "Probably." I say.

"Just do it like you usually do," Yoongi oppa takes a brief look at JK. "He'd assist you."

- - - - - - - - -

Shutter sounds fills the room as we are slowly wrapping up the shoot. JK sits on the navy blue bean bag on the set with Jeong comfortably playing some of the plushies and toys on his lap. Not that I've been staring, it's just a matter of observation. He seemed serene during the shoot. The looks he's giving Jeong are pure, like how an older brother looks at his younger sister with love. It's the first time I've seen him without the tough guy image. Somehow, it's..

"Aigoo~" JK playfully messes Jeong's hair. "Our Jeongha loves these plushies?"

"Yes!~ I have this one at home! It's big and I call him BunBun!" I spot a brown bunny in her arms. Jeong is hugging the plushie tightly while telling JK the story of BunBun. Those plushies must've been popular these days. Even Mingyu bought those at the store yesterday.

BunBun. How cute. Plushies aren't really my thing but I do find them cute and huggable. Maybe I'm just over that phase of my life. I'd rather have food or books.

After a few more shots, I give JK the signal that the shoot is over. He stands up, dusting of his ripped black jeans. We finished an hour late than the original schedule, but we were able to execute the concept well. I think that's what really matters.

"Eonni, we're leaving!" Jeong plants a goodbye kiss on my cheeks after waving at JK. She leans in, whispering, "Oppa's nice."

- - - - - - - - -

"We're going to stay in this house until the day after tomorrow. I haven't really planned how we'd spend our day tomorrow. Maybe I'll do that later." JK catches Yoongi oppa's wallet. "Go to the market. I'll just sleep."

But I want to rest, too.

JK immediately places the wallet in his pocket, grabbing the car keys and heading out of the house. He's gone in an instant. The boy's grown up and I know he can handle groceries on his own. I allow myself drift to sleep after throwing myself onto the couch. The house feels so homey. I won't be having troubles sleeping tonight.

"What are you doing?"

My eyelids feels heavy. And I can't bring myself to respond to him. I'm probably just an inch from having a good sleep. If only JK hasn't come back to ask me what I'm doing when I'm clearly resting.

Someone tugs my leg, making me fall from the sofa. My elbow kisses the floor with a loud thud. Suddenly, the urge to sleep left my body and soul. JK returns my glares with a blank face as he grab my arm, dragging me towards the parking space.

"Can't you do it yourself?" Asking with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

He drives smoothly without looking at me or even talking to me during the entire trip. Hooray. How boring it is to tag along JK running for an errand. He neither talks to me or plays some music on the radio. Using the excuse of leaving his phone at home and he isn't interested in my taste of music. Even telling me I might ruin his mood if I choose the music to play.

"If you have the desire to live longer, then stop complaining and to the grocery. I don't cook. I don't do groceries. Think of it as doing yourself a favor."

As soon as we both get out of the car, he locks it and walks towards the wide market.

One message from 185 Mingyu

From 185 Mingyu:

Having fun in Goyang? Might as well check Aqua Planet in Ilsan? That place is good!!

A sigh escapes from my lips as I read the message. Where in the world am I supposed to have fun when I'm stuck with JK today until tomorrow if Yoongi oppa would push through our group schedule.

To 185 Mingyu:

Oh, I don't think so. I'm stuck with my superior.

- - - - - - - - -

A/N:

Omg hi!! So since I'm pretty free now. I just did a double update. Be sure to read Chapter 7~ Again, thank you for the upvotes! *insert finger hearts*

Note: 185 came from Mingyu's height. ;)

Leave comments, juseyo!!

Thanks for showering us with love!

PS. I had to reupload this update because Chapter 7 and got messed up.

- ace 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508K 26K 74
"WTF!" the guy pulls his covers over his head. "Oops, sorry. I'm y/n, do you remember-" "No, and I don't care. Now get out. I'm gonna sleep."
330 3 28
Adeline Pond gets hired as a Tour Photographer for Big Hit Entertainment through a Photography Agency that she submitted her portfolio to at the behe...
Naughty By A.

Fanfiction

324K 12.9K 27
"Hey you, naughty fella" A rookie photographer, Jeon Jungkook, gets hired by a world renowned boss and actor in London named Kim Taehyung. So what ha...
355K 9.2K 50
"I didn't want to lie to you! I was trying to protect you..!" "Protect me? Why is this always your excuse for hurting me?" Where (y/n), Yoongi's you...