Don't Forget

By RoyuhltyontheRocks

A terrible accident changes the life of Anna in the first week of her senior year. Or was it an accident? Fol... More

Prologue.
One
Two.
Three
Four
Five
Six
Author's note
Eight

Seven

20 3 7
By RoyuhltyontheRocks

Hey guys!!
I'm so sorry I haven't been updating so we'll, I have been so terribly busy but here's another update for you guys. I hope you like it.

I love you guys so much for the support.

So let's get on with it.

P.S make sure to read the author's note at the bottom.

Jacob's POV

The sunlight seeping through the window in my room woke me up. I stretched across the bed and stood up slowly.
I dragged myself to the bathroom and washed the sleep out of my eyes. Then,
I brushed the morning breath out from my mouth.
Still brushing my teeth I heard humming. It was coming from my living room area. It was a familiar song, one of my favorites in fact- Between the bars by Elliot Smith. I hummed along to the song, closing my eyes gently.

The humming turned to a hushed song after a while. The voice was heavenly, carrying every note without an issue. I sang along quietly. The voice became a bit louder, more sonorous.

Wait!

Someone's singing in my apartment.

Someone's singing in my living room!!

I quickly rinsed my mouth and walked stealthily towards the living room, towards the voice.

When I stepped in, I saw her. I had forgotten she was here; forgotten she was even real. Her back was turned to me. She was still wearing my shirt and the dark color of the shirt contrasted beautifully with her cream colored skin. Her hair was all over the place but it was beautiful.

The window in the living room opened out to the most beautiful view- a large spread of land untouched by man. And she looked even more beautiful; and I hadn't even seen her face yet.

She had still not acknowledged my presence. She was still singing her heart out. Each note like a snare capturing my heart.

"Take a picture, Azarea" she said snapping me out of my daze. "It'll last longer."

She turned around to face me with an impish smile.

"Morning sleeping beauty" she said smirking. "I didn't hear Prince Charming come in; how was the kiss?"

I rolled my eyes and continued towards her.  Of course she would start the day with sarcasm.

"Morning princess" I said flicking her ear. "Actually, your terrible singing woke me up"

"Even you don't believe that" she replied. "I heard you singing along"

"Well, I love that song" I said trying to redeem myself. "Not your voice, there's a difference"

"Whatever princess" she replied mimicking me terribly.

"You sound like a tractor doing that" I laughed at her impression.

Her eyes became as large as saucers and next thing I knew there was a tiny hand punching my arm.

"You know you're not hurting me right?" I asked looking down at her trying to make impact. "It literally feels like air"

"Screw you Azarea" she said giving up.

"If you want to" I said smirking cockily. "I'm down".

She flicked my ear again for the umpteenth time since we met.

Ow!! That actually hurt' I thought.

"So, there's supposed to be school today" she asked me. "You're not going?"

"No school today" I said scratching my hair. "We were given the week off; cause of your accident"

She looked down thoughtfully.

"You know..." She started. "Sometimes I forget"

I moved closer.

"Are you okay?" I asked gently moving hair away from her face.

"Well, I'm dead" she said faking a laugh. "That's as far as anyone can be from okay"

"This isn't the time, Anna" I said dismissing her sarcasm. "I'll ask again, are you okay?"

She looked down quietly and shook her head slowly.

"Jacob, my life is over" she said falling into my chest. "I can't believe it's done, I'm done"

Her voice was trembling like she was crying but not tears came out. I pulled her closer and closed my eyes. My chin rested at the top of her head and as we stood there for God knows how long.

I realized I was done for...

I had fallen in love with a ghost...

Lily's POV

Everyday since her death I had been coming to her grave. Everyday more depressing than the last. Everyone was in pieces. Mrs Rodriguez had taken to the bottle and no one had seen her since she locked herself​ in her house after the funeral. I was a mess.

I had cried, begged and pleaded over that grave. For my best friend to come back to me. My parents, Adrian and Christian had tried to get me to stop crying every second but all their efforts proved abortive.

It had only been two days but it felt like years. Since I was four, I had never spent a single day without Anna there. And now she was gone.

I had been waiting to wake up from this nightmare but the dream was unending.

Anger flooded my entire body. Anna didn't deserve to die. She had done nothing wrong.  The universe was cruel and unfair and I was sick of it.

My best friend was dead and there was nothing I could do about it. Except cry like a lost child and it irked me.

I hated it so much.

"Lily, you need to stop doing this" a voice said from above me.

I rose up from the grass where I was kneeling and shook the sand off my jeans.

"Christian, I can't and I won't" I said looking him square in the eyes. "My best friend is gone and I'm not allowed to be sad?!"

"No one says you shouldn't be, Lil" he said pulling me in for a hug.  "But crying and coming here everyday won't bring her back, I miss her too- I miss her terribly"

I couldn't hold it in anymore. Every single stream of sadness I had been holding in. Every single drop of strength was gone. I burst into tears like I hadn't before. I cried like I just found out.

It was real.

It was really real.

Anna was gone forever....

Unknown​ POV

I sat at my bedroom window smiling down at the mass of land in front of me.

I had never felt more alive. Killing Anna gave me a rush that all the coke in the world had never given me.

"Speaking of coke" I thought to myself​.

I brought out a small foil paper containing white powder and spread some across the dressing table beside the window.

I went across the room and fetched my ATM card. Back at the dresser, I used it to divide the powder into straight lines.

"Hi baby" I said admiring my arrangment​. "I missed you sooooo much"

I rolled up a dollar bill and set it above the first line. Carefully​ raising the other end of the bill to my nose I snorted it all up.

The feeling was exhilarating. I raised my head up and breathed slowly through my nose.

The high came fast and strong but it wasn't strong enough. I snorted two more lines and fell back on the bed laughing.

Anna deserved to die. Such a spoilt little girl with her perfect little valedictorian life. I wish she had seen my face though. Oh! The priceless look of betrayal. That would have made me the happiest person on Earth. But she needed to suffer. She got her punishment.

And I didn't regret being her punisher.

No, not one bit.

Author's note:

And there it is guys!! Chapter's done. I hope you guys like it. I'm​ sorry if the POV switching confuses you guys but there's alot of people involved here and I want all their thoughts to be expressed here. And Yes! The unknown POV is Anna's killer. Who is it? Stay tuned to find out.

Also, Jacob's in love with Anna. What a weirdo. But we all saw it coming. I promise their story will have a happy ending (sort of)
Sooooo ..

Vote and comment, Comment and vote.

Till next time.

Love,
Royuhlty👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 124 25
Violet falls in love with Cody and all her friends are pretty sure he likes her too. She starts believing it until her best friend Ajay admits some...
Choices By Venessa

Teen Fiction

5.6K 141 18
Stephanie ,Logan and Charlie had always been the best of friends but things changes when they start middle school . Logan dumps the gang and becomes...
219 1 22
(This is based off of something that happened to me but I ended up letting my brain spiral at one point.... very dramatic!) A young teenage girl find...
14.7K 552 37
A young girl named Anna, is just turning 17 when she finds out that everything she ever knew about herself, and her past is not what it seems to be...