VALERIE

By zylgnagnaba

Valerie Scott and Harry Styles are forced by the Modest! Management to live together and pretend that they're... More

Chapter 1: Expect the Worst
Chapter 2: The Show Starts in 5, 4, 3, 2, Action!
Chapter 3: Break a Leg!
Chapter 4: Retrieval Operation
Chapter 5: The Remedy Causing Dilemma
Chapter 6: Cat and Mouse
Chapter 7: The Unaccustomed Book
Chapter 8: End of May
Chapter 9: Lost in Paradise
Chapter 10: Splash of Foolishness
Chapter 11:Laugh Out Loud
Chapter 12: I Don't Like You At All
Chapter 13:Goodbye,Paradise!
Chapter 14: Cherishing Cheshire
Chapter 15: Mixed Thoughts and Emotions
Chapter 16: Virtual Loving
Chapter 17: Just a Kiss
Chapter 18: The Vow
Chapter 19: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 20: Dark Valerie
Did You Know That ...
HAHAHA xD
Chapter 21: LA Love Story
Chapter 21.1: TAKEN
Chapter 21.2: Mean
Chapter 21.3: Devious Love Birds
Chapter 21.4: The Villain in Me
Chapter 21.5: Here Comes Trouble
Chapter 22: Cake for Thought
Chapter 23: Lies and Celebration
Chapter 24: Almost... Almost!
Chapter 25: Fist of Fury
PLEASE READ! THIS IS IMPORTANT! TYSM
Chapter 26: Melancholic September
Chapter 26.1: I love you, Harry...
Chapter 26.2: Compromise
Chapter 26.3: Strike One
Chapter 26.4: Kryptonite
Chapter 26.5: Under the Sheets
Chapter 26.6: Strike Two
Chapter 26.7: Strike Three
Chapter 26.8: Strike Four
Chapter 26.9: Homerun
Chapter 27: Vicissitude
Post Interview Questions here!
Chapter 28: Autumn Feels
Chapter 29: Say It Again
Chapter 30: PDA
Chapter 31: Who's Gail?
Chapter 32: The Disclosed Reality
Some sort of review...
Chapter 33: Lovestrucked
Chapter 34: When in Milan
Chapter 35: When in Milan 2
Chapter 36: Home
Chapter 37: Dance for You (Repost)
Chapter 39: Don't read this! OMG
Chapter 40: New Beginning
EPILOGUE
Casts, Credits, and A/N :')
Important! Please READ. :')
The Next Books...

Chapter 38: Up and Down

2.6K 79 5
By zylgnagnaba

~UNEDITED~ sorry for the grammatical errors if there’s any. xx

Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

Valerie’s POV

There are only two things that worry me tonight—the fact that I don’t know where in hell is Harry going to take me and if I am even wearing the appropriate attire to whatever we are about to do at wherever that place is. He just gave me one piece of an annoyingly vague advice. “Dress nicely,” he said for what seemed like five hours ago.

I’ve been using my charm, even promised him of a very exquisite and extraordinary make-love session, but still he hasn’t spilled out the details of this surprise date. I didn’t think this is how annoying I was whenever I am the one who’s teasing him. I make a mental note to take it easy on him often so he won’t get back at me at instances like this, because I really hate being clueless.

Clad in the red tunic dress and black wedge-shoes he got me from LA, I am busy examining myself in front of the full-length mirror when Harry steps out of the walk-in closet. My eyes immediately dart to the mysterious black box held in his hands after taking in my boyfriend’s classy, yet sexy appearance—he’s in his usual black tight jeans (thank goodness he decides to wear one that does not have knee-hole), black blazer over his white button-down shirt with black dotted prints, walking on his favourite brown boots.

He is smiling in a sweet way at me and I look at him eerily, unsure of what he’s going to do until he opens the lid of the box. He places the box at the edge of the mattress after grabbing the lustrous silver material from it. Everything seemed clear to me when he stands behind me, the same sweet smile still etched on his beautiful face. Our height matches perfectly now that I’m on high-heeled shoes.

He doesn’t say anything but I intuitively gather my dark hair in one hand as he hoists the silver necklace over my head until it’s in front of me. Standing close behind me, a giddy smile tugs at my lips as his breath creates goosebumps at the nape of my neck creeping into my entirety. I smile even more knowing that he still has the same effect on me from before even now that we’re already truly dating.

The charm glimmers under the fluorescent light in our room, reflecting into the mirror in front of us. I let my hair down again before stroking the fine jewellery with my fingers, admiring the heart-pendant adorning it.  My fingers trace the heart pattern of the tiny white diamonds settling on the brims of the pendant, wondering how much this fine charm cost him. I don’t even mind the very common choice of design. Just as long as it’s from him, I wouldn’t complain. I already love it.

I feel him sigh when he starts to cocoon me in a hug from behind. His curls fall uncontrollably down to his fringe when he latches his chin over my shoulder and starts swinging our bodies from side to side. He renders me breathless when he starts closing his eyes in a very content manner, sighing in a way that tells me he wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but this close to me.

He shrugs his shoulders, squeezing me even tighter against his caging embrace. I smile a little before turning my head halfway to peck the side of his forehead.

Compared to this obviously expensive jewellery adorning my neck, Harry is the most priceless treasure that I cherish. He can grant me anything with his wealth, but he’d still remain to be my most prised possession—not that I own him. The shiny quality of this necklace couldn’t even match to how much Harry is valuable to me. Make me choose among money, treasure, and Harry, and I’d still choose him over those material things.

Leaning my cheek onto his, I hold onto his clutched arms upon my stomach and beam at our reflection at the mirror. His eyes are still closed as if he’s lost somewhere between reality and his dreams. Though I don’t want to break him from his subconscious trance, my curiosity gets the best of me.

“Where did you get this?” My voice comes out as a whisper, loving and gentle.

He gradually opens his eyes, giving me a very endearing smile and his green eyes become glossy from being closed too long. “You remember when we were at the mall in LA?” He asks— his voice a bit thick due to his chin trapped in my shoulder as he speaks.  I nod a little and he continues, “Well I personally asked for this necklace to the saleslady whom you were jealous at.” He finishes off with a bouncy chuckle and even though I was concentrated to remember his tale, I hit his arm for his playful accusation.

“No, I wasn’t!” I refute with an obvious lie, scowling at his image in the mirror.

“Shhh,” He coos. He continues swinging my body with him in an attempt to relax me, although I can tell that it’s quite the opposite when the mischievous grin is still plastered on his frustratingly beautiful face. “Don’t get too defensive, baby. You’re too obvious.” This time he doesn’t chuckle at all, which pesters me more because he seems too convinced that I was indeed jealous of the saleslady who assisted us at a mall in LA.

Yes, I am jealous. Hell, he knows it but he doesn’t have to shove it in my face. We could’ve gone into this evening quite fine—even better because of this amazing gift—if he hadn’t just mentioned the girl who was obviously flirting with him. I already even lost the energy of going out with him.

“I hate you.” I huff, prying his tangled arms away from my body which causes him to open his eyes widely and tilts his head to get a good look of the expression written on my face. “I need to go to the bathroom.” I say more to myself than to him, still trying to untangle his arms but he only tightens his grip around me.

“Hey, baby. I was just joking.” He attempts to redeem himself but I am already pissed. Trying with all my might, I grip both of his hands separately to finally pull away and I was half-glad that he loosens his grip knowing that I am eager to get away from him.

He doesn’t even allow me to take another step as he walks around me, stopping in front of me to block my path. He quickly wraps his arms around me which was rather difficult to fight with since my arms are trapped on my sides. He manages to torture me with peppers of kisses all over my face despite my squirming, mumbling hundreds of ‘sorry’ as he does so. He doesn’t stop until I can’t hold myself from giggling any longer.

“Okay, okay. You’re disgusting,” My words are muffled with every contact of his lips against my skin and my giggles. “Harry!” I grumble in a whiney tone, my face contorting in a disgusted frown as I murmur for him to stop.

He then takes a pause for a matter of two seconds with a stupid toothy grin on his face, only to grab my face against my will to kiss me again. His lips squeeze against mine, creating a long ‘hmm’ sound. He babbles a ‘mwah!’ before completely releasing my lips and he repeats the process for three times before embracing me again.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” He sings as he swings me in place and I chuckle at his child-like gestures. With every passing day that I am with him, I can’t help but be fascinated with the different sides of him. It’s like having fifty shades of Harry—but all are equally love-worthy.

He can be annoyingly stupid or clever sometimes. He can be lenient, but occasionally a strict one with regards to my safety. He thinks maturely sometimes that I forget he’s the youngest one in their band. Sometimes—like this occasion—he can be so playful and mischievous. All of his shades can be so annoying, but then again, I love everything about him.

“I forgive you. Now let me go before you kill me due to lack of oxygen.” I mumble over his shoulder and he finally loosens his grip around me, allowing a little proximity between us. Our eyes settle on each other’s before I feel him grab my hand, his thumb stroking my knuckles gently. I close my eyes momentarily feeling the heat under the tender touch of his other hand cupping my cheek, thumb stroking the skin.

I notice his beam gradually widens as I open my eyes, the gentle strokes on my skin still lingers. Feeling the urge to feel his warmth by stepping closer to him, my free-hand gravitates underneath his thick blazer to settle on his side.

“I never thought I’d have the chance to give that necklace to you,” I frown when I notice his smile dwindles into a semi-painful one, but the smile is still there—only barely. I arch my brows, tilting my head a bit because of the questions reeling in my head towards his statement. Why? How come he didn’t think he’d be able to give me this beautiful necklace?

“I was supposed to give you that on your birthday,” He says and I smile in awe. The affection I have towards this amazing guy in front of me only triples. Now, my questions have been answered even if he doesn’t add anything to his statement.

Although reminiscing on the memory would still be quite bothering, I recall the time when he started being cold and indifferent towards me—it was even before my birthday and few days after that. Everything was unclear between us. He didn’t know I love him, and neither did I know that he loves me too. That’s the main root of all evil—I mean problems.

“… But given our current situation then, I thought I won’t have the chance to do so. I was pretending that I didn’t care about you anymore. I was ignoring you. God, I’m still feeling stupid about that even until now. I’m really sorry, baby. I was so stupid. I was so oblivious. I didn’t know you love me when all those times, you were actually making me feel that you do. I’m stupid. I’m so stup-“

“Hey, stop.” I hush him up with the abrupt motion of my hand cupping his jaw, my thumb ghosting the delicate pattern of his soft full lips. His hand, however, descends from my face to settle on my waist—we just basically trade our positioning.  “You’re not stupid. You were just insecure of yourself because I am so gorgeous and sexy and not to mention, hot…” We both chuckle at my words. I know we are not in the right situation for me to joke around but I just can’t let this evening end with us sulking about the past. We’re through that.

“… to even pay a second look at you. Face it, Harry. I’m quite the catch.” I tell him without any mark of sarcasm laced in my voice although we both know I am just being ridiculous. Harry snickers at my words – which I have expected as a reaction from him—and he closes the distance between us with another hug. This time it isn’t tight and suffocating like what he did earlier. This time, it’s a hug that signifies satisfaction, gratitude, and most of all, affection. I wrap my arms around his torso, closing my eyes in content as I sniff his musky cologne.

“Yes, baby. You’re right. You’re quite the catch.” He mumbles over my shoulder, sighing in the end while he continues on rubbing the small of my back. I laugh dismissively and he pulls back a little, just enough for our face to be an inch away from each other. “You forgot one important characteristic, though.” There is mischief laced in his voice as he speaks and I frown, not a clue in my mind as to what he is referring to. “You forgot ‘amazing in bed’.” He gives me few slow nods as he holds out the last three words before winking at me seductively.

“Pervert!” I chide him, hitting his chest lightly.

“I have a change of heart…” I can’t believe the way his expressions change through his words. The wide grin on his face flashes his perfect white teeth now, his eyes brighter under the light. He looks adorable, though I know something’s twisting in his thoughts right now. I just know something is off. “Why don’t we just stay here? You know, like spend quality time with each other.” He wiggles his brows at me several times, revealing a wicked smile and I throw my head back laughing at his playful display.

“It’s too cold outside, anyway.” He convinces me, re-enacting a shivering person by hugging himself and shaking his shoulders. I laugh even more when he starts quivering his lips and gritting his teeth, producing strong ‘grrr!’ sound.

“I can handle the cold, baby.” I say, biting my bottom lip to hold in my laughter. “I am really interested to know where you’re taking me.”

“Oh, baby…” He grumbles in a whiney tone and puts both of my hands on his shoulders before grabbing my hips close to his. “Thirty minutes?” He persuades. His eyes narrow down against mine, peering at me with such intensity. I look away, as if to ponder my option.

“How about fifteen?”

“Ahhh… That’s too quick. Twenty?” He murmurs and I giggle.

“Twenty-five.”

“But baby… what?” He almost complains until he realizes what I just said. “I’ll take that. Twenty-five minutes, then. Per-fect!”

I squeal when he carries me bridal style before tossing me on the soft mattress.

*****

I don’t know why I’m laughing. Bwahahah xxD

They are both bipolar. From being romantic, to quarrelling, to being dramatic, to laughing, and then to… ugh! They’re so weird, aren’t they? LMAO

Okay, again… I’m sorry about the rant on the last chapter. But I was serious. I’m starting to hate ghost-readers bc I am not like that. Whenever I read a book, I make sure to vote and leave feedbacks on them as one way of appreciating their works. I found it unfair that I don’t get as much in return, considering that the amount of reads just don’t match to the amount of votes and comments. It’s frustrating.

Well, anyway. Enough for that! So, I suggest you start reading ‘Darling Harbor’ already while waiting for my next update on here, because my next update on DH will already include Valerie on it. It’ll give you hint in what happens in the future for both Valerie and Harry. OMG, I’m excited bc… oh well… Hahaha

That’s all! Thanks for the votes and comments and for the love! Xx

Long A/N, saree!

Love,

Glyz <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 521 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
1.7M 39.2K 50
{Being Edited} [Book 1] Valerie Styles was taken away from everything she loved. For three years, she's been locked away in a basement, tormented by...
15.3K 122 18
"I love you Gabrielle." He said as kisses trailed down to my neck. "I love you, forever and always." I whispered. It took one night. It took one test...
295 6 42
"THEN WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU CHEAT ON ME? Did you find Taylor girl prettier than me? You know what? I poured my heart out to you telling you how my h...