Needing You

By BesoLove

What would happen if your were falling for your best friend's brother? How could you possibly explain any it... More

Multiple Encounters - Chapter One
Thunderstorm - Chapter Two
Not So Fast - Chapter Four
Sparks Fly - Chapter Five

Have A Little Hope - Chapter Three

891 53 47
By BesoLove

Happy Reading loves ♥ :)

Chapter Three: Have A Little Hope

Have you ever felt like there’s someone up there in heaven looking down on you, enjoying your pain? Well that’s exactly how I’ve been feeling for the past week since Conner left to go back to school. We didn’t do anything expect for sleep, but I feel like since he's been gone I’ve been at a loss. And I just can’t see wh-

“A, what’s wrong? You’ve been depressed and antisocial all week.” Bridget said pulling me from my earlier thoughts.

We were sitting on my bed because it was Friday and you can guess what that means, our religious weekly sleepover.

Placing a fake smile on I turned to her. “It’s nothing. Really, I think I’m just tired… from school… you know.”

She eyed me suspiciously. “A. you know you’re my best friend in the whole world… well aside from Ella too… you know that you can tell me anything.” she said giving my hand squeeze.

"I know Bridge, beli-" I got cut off.

"A, just tell her." Ella blurted out, making me mentally plan how badly I wanted to hurt her.

"What is she-" Bridget started.

"Nothing! Nothing at all." I said glaring at Ella. "I'm going downstairs." quickly escaping I went to the freezer to get some chocolate peppermint ice cream, my absolute favorite. It always makes me feel better. I took a huge spoonful into my mouth when there was a knock at the door.

"I'm…com…ing…" I mumbled around the ice cream as though the person could hear me.

Swinging the door open I came face to face with none other than…

"Conner!" I exclaimed, nearly choking to death.

I slammed the door and ran to spit out my melting treat.

"You're supposed to make me feel better… shitty ice cream…" I mumbled and there was another knock at the door.

Quickly looking at myself in the hallway mirror I answered the door once again.

"Hey," I said looking down, feeling incredibly stupid for slamming the door earlier.

"Hey, what was-"

"Nothing, my…my uh…my mom called me." I said lamely still looking away.

"Okay…" he said with an amused tone, when I didn't turn to face him, he cleared his throat. "Well can you give this to Bri-"

"Conner, what are you doing here?" Bridget asked folding her arms over her chest standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"You left your phone at home, mom said to bring it to you." he said with a shrug.

"Oh, thanks." she said taking it from him. And when he didn't leave she said, "You can go now." shooing him away. I wanted to protest but I decided against it.

"Bye Avery. Bridget, Ella." Conner said with a wave.

I sighed and walked back to the kitchen, Bridget an Ella followed me.

Just great, when I finally get to see or talk to Conner he gets shooed away. Someone in the heavens really does hate me. I thought as I took another big spoonful of ice cream.

"Stupid… stupid… stu-" I mumbled to myself but got cut off.

"Who's stupid?" Ella asked with a raise brow. What is up with this one.

I cleared my throat. "No one. It's just me, I choked my my ice cream earlier. That's all." I said with a smile.

"Right." Ella said rolling her eyes.

I just ignored her. "We should go to the movies guys!" I said excited.

They agreed and headed upstairs to get our things.

"What do you want to watch." Bridget asked as we got into my car. My beautiful new… well new to me… White, 2010 Chevrolet Malibu, my baby!

"Whatever is good. I don't mind." Ella said.

I was still busy admiring my car, "I love my parents." I said, making Bridget and Ella laugh.

"It's just a car, A." Ella said.

"It's a beautiful car." I corrected her.

We got to the cinema twenty minutes later. I was standing behind Bridget and Ella as they were fighting over what we should watch. I on the other hand didn't really care. I just wanted to get out of the house.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, startled I turned my gaze from my iPhone to Conner's piercing brown eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

I don't know how long we stayed staring into each others eyes but someone behind me cleared their throat which caused me to jump a mile in the air. I some how forgot where we were. I quickly moved my gaze to the ground and took a step back.

"What are you guys doing here?" Bridget asked her brother and his friends.

"Obviously watching a movie Bridget." one of them said with a chuckle.

"Yeah… w-we were just going to watch a movie." Conner stuttered. And I felt myself blush, how stupid of me.

I shock my head and kept avoiding everyone's gaze, though I could feel Conner, Bridget and Ella looking at me.

An idea popped into my head just then. Clearing my throat I looked up to face Bridget, completely avoiding Conner and Ella's eyes. "Bridge, you and Ella should call Daniel and Ryan. We could all watch a movie." I suggested. Ella squealed.

"Yes!" she cheered happily.

While Bridget eyed me suspiciously. I turned my eyes back to my phone.

"I'm just going to the washroom for a sec." I said and left before any of them could stop me.

I was in the washroom looking at myself in the mirror. "That was close." I said to myself and shut my eyes to take a relaxing breath. I heard the door open and I knew it either had to be Bridget or Ella, so I didn't bother opening my eyes.

"You're blowing your cover A. She's going to figure it out soon or later." Ella said as she place a hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged it off and turned to her. "What are you talking about Elle."

"Seriously A. Tell her, she's going to be mad. But it's better than finding out after you guys do something." Ella said seriously.

I shook my head. "Seriously Elle, what are you really talking about." I tried to play it off, but I knew it wasn't working.

Ella just shook her head. "Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you A. Bridget's gonna shit a brick when she finds out. And I know she will, because he obviously likes you too." Ella said.

My heart skipped a beat. Did she just say he likes me? I shook my head, "Yeah right." I mumbled, but I knew she heard me.

We got back to where everyone was, Daniel and Ryan had come and they were deciding on the movie to watch. I wasn't paying much attention at all. I just gave the money for my ticket to Bridget and decided to get a drink and popcorn.

We were all heading into the theater and just my luck Bridge and Elle decided to sit with their boyfriends and there was no seat next to them.

"Lovely." I mumbled to myself.

I turned to see where there was and available seat and of course there was one… right next to Conner. I blushed and looked down silently cursing Bridget and Ella.

"Excuse me." I said as I sat next to him.

Keeping my eyes on the screen I whispered. "Want some popcorn?" holding it to my right so he could have some if he wanted.

"Thanks." was all he said.

The lights went down and the movie started, I had a bad feeling. I knew I should have paid attention to what movie they picked.

A scream made me jump a mile in the air and I quickly clutched to Conner's arm. Another ear piercing scream came from the speakers and I could hear bones crunching. I buried my face between Conner's back and the chair. I could feel my heart strumming against my chest painfully. I was silently praying and I felt a hand stroking my back.

"Avery, calm down. It's just a movie." Conner whispered.

I didn't dare move, I just shook my head. "No!" I said, but it was muffled because I was facing his back. I blushed and moved my face from between his back and the chair.

"It's just a movie." Conner assured me. I nodded and released my tight grasp on his forearm.

I turned my gaze to the screen and instantly regretted it. I was mortified by the scene in front of me. There was blood everywhere, I instantly grabbed hold of Conner's arm again. I felt sick.

"I'm gonna throw up." I stated to no one in particular. Quickly running past Conner I dashed outside the cinema knocking over my popcorn and drink in the process. I didn't look back, I just continued on my way.

When I reached outside relief washed over me as the cool breeze hit my skin. I shivered and remember I left my jacket along with my car keys inside. I cursed my self and decided against going back inside an shut my eyes, what a lovely time I'm having. I thought.

"Here." his voice reached my ears from behind me.

I slowly turned around to find him holding his jacket in one hand and he had is other hand in his pocket.

"I told Bridget you weren't feeling well and that I was going to take you home. She said she'd bring you your car tomorrow." he said still offering his jacket to me.

I hesitated then took it after a minute. "Thanks. But you don't have to take me home, I can just wait for them to finish the movie." I told him as I put his jacket on and sat on a bench outside the cinema.

"Okay, I'll wait with you." he said sitting next to me.

"Oh… ah… n-no, it-it's okay." I stuttered like an idiot, I just closed my eyes wanting to disappear.

"It's fine, I want to." Conner said.

A few minutes passed and I still didn't open my eyes, I felt him come closer. I also felt my heart beat speed up, I bet he could hear it too.

"Why are you always so quiet Avery?" I felt Conner's warm breath close to my face.

I slowly opened my eyes and turned to find him a lot closer than I thought. If I would have turned my head too quickly I'm sure our lips would have touched.

I started thinking about what it would be like to kiss his very soft looking lips and my eyes trailed down to them.

Completely forgetting what he just said.

"Why are you always so quiet?" he repeated.

"What?" I asked not taking my eyes off of his lips while they moved when he spoke.

He chuckled and that's what made me tear my gaze away from his lips.

"See something you like?" he asked with an amused tone.

I flushed tomato red and quickly turned my gaze to the parking lot while my heart was pounding against my ribcage.

"N-no!" I stuttered.

Smart Avery. Get caught looking at his lips, you're a genius. I said sarcastically to my self rolling my eyes.

"Sure. And you still didn't answer my question." he said with a chuckle.

"Question?" I asked confused.

He laughed again. "I asked why you're so quiet. You can't always be as quiet as you seem, you are Bridget's friend." he stated with another laugh.

"I don't… I mean… Uh, I guess I just am." I finally got out.

He let out another laugh and my heart skipped a beat. I loved his laugh.

I could feel myself blushing all over again.

I don't know how long it was we were just sitting there, but I was beginning to get tired. I yawned and closed my eyes again.

"Why don't you just let me take you home?" Conner asked.

I was so startled I jumped and fell off the bench.

I almost fell flat on my face, but Conner quickly caught me by the waist and brought me to my feet.

"Sorry." he whispered while still holding me.

I turned to look at him and got drawn into his eyes. My eyes drifted to his lips again.

"It's okay." I said not taking my eyes off of his lips.

He smiled, my eyed flickered back to his and I smiled slightly.

"Avery, I-"

"What are you doing?" Bridget rang from behind us. I paled and stepped aside from Conner.

"No-nothing, I just… I just fell…" I stuttered.

"And I helped her up." Conner finished off.

"I thought you were taking her home?" Bridget questioned.

"I wanted to wait for you." I told her quickly. "Why don't we just go back to my house?" I suggested before she could say anything else.

Bridget and Ella agreed and started walking to my car.

"You… Uh… you could come." I said and quickly added, "I mean, you and your friends. If you want. We're probably going to get pizza or something."

Conner chuckled and butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"I don't know how much Bridget would like if I did." he said.

"Oh yeah… right." I said, sadly.

"Maybe next time." he said.

"Okay." I said with a faint smile.

"You better go before Bridget gets even crazier." he said with a smile.

I nodded and started to walk away but I turned around.

"Conner!" I called out.

"Yeah?" he asked and turned to face me again.

I ran back and gave him a hug.

"Thanks." I whispered, then turned And jogged to my car.

"Let's go guys." I said cheerfully.

We got to my house and I was so tired I happily went to bed.

I was the first one to wake up the next morning, so I just went down in the living room to catch up on some of my shows.

I was watching The Suite Life On Deck- yes I watch it, I don't care what anyone thinks- when there was a knock at the door. I didn't want to answer it because I was only wearing short shorts and a tank top, but there was another knock.

Sighing I got up to answer the door. I pulled it open to yell at whoever it was so early on a Saturday but got dumbfounded.

"Conner!" I exclaimed and my eyes went wide.

"Hey." he smiled and then for the slightest moment he's eyes trailed down to my body.

I followed his gaze and blushed pushing the door slightly forward to use it as some kind of protection.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his head hand mumbled something under his breath that sounded like, "I'm not sure."

"I'm sorry what?" I asked him.

He cleared his throat. "I'm not so sure, I just got in the car and ended up here." he said with a shrug and a smile.

"Oh." was all I said.

We just stood there for awhile, and then I opened the door wider again.

"Do you wanna come in?" I asked him.

"Sure!" he said with a smile.

"I was just, uh, watching some TV. You can join if you want to." I said siting on the two seater sofa in front of the television.

"Sure." he said sitting beside me.

I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest when his leg brushed against mine.

"Where's Bridget and Ella?" Conner asked looking at me.

"Who?" I said dazed. Then it registered in my head what he said. "Oh… uh, still sleeping." I said with a blush turning back to the TV.

We were just watching the show and laughing when suddenly Conner stretched and put his arm behind my head on the couch. And the butterflies that live in my stomach when he's around went crazy.

Leaned slightly closer to him but kept my eyes on the screen.

He moved his arm so it was on my shoulders now. I thought I was going to pass out! We just kept watching the TV and didn't say anything.

I leaned in closer and rested my head against Conner's chest, I shut my eyes trying to hold onto this moment forever.

We just sat like that for a while not saying anything, then Conner pulled away.

"I guess I better get going." he said standing up.

A rush of rejection flowed through me. I couldn't talk to I just nodded and moved my gaze back to the TV I'd forgotten was on.

A second later Conner's arms were around my waist.

"See you later." he whispered then let go and walked to the door.

I starred after him was a smile on my face.

Bridget and Ella woke up about an hour after Conner left I couldn't get the smile off of my face, they both gave me a questioning look but I just kept smiling and ignored them.

We spent the day inside due to the rain, we watched a couple movies and ate until we couldn't eat anymore.

When Bridget and Ella decided to go home later on that night I was laying my bed look up at the ceiling just thinking about Conner, and still the smile on my face did not fade.

There was a knock at the door and since I was the only one home because my parents went to my aunts house, I had to answer it.

I got out of bed and skipped to the door.

"Who is it?" I called with my hand on the handle.

"It's Conner," he said back softly. So softly I thought I'd heard wrong.

Swinging the door open my eyes met his. "Conner?" I breathed. He just smiled at me.

I didn't bother questioning why he was here, so I stepped aside gesturing for him to come in with a confused look on my face.

"Hey," he said after about a minute of just standing in the hallway.

"Hey," I said back. I wasn't really sure what to say, so I kept quiet.

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked when he didn't say anything.

"Sure." he said with a smile and the butterflies in my stomach danced happily.

I started walking towards the living room, but remembered I took all the good movies upstairs. I stopped and turned to face him.

"Ah… well th-the movies are… they're in my room." I stuttered.

I turned and started walking up stairs. "Control yourself Avery!" I chastised myself.

I heard Conner chuckle from behind me making me blush, I debated on explaining myself but decided against it not wanting to embarrass myself even more.

"This is my room." I said opening the door.

I tried to think if I had anything embarrassing laying around when I looked down and saw my bra on my bed, right next to where Conner sat down.

He looked around and spotted it the same time I did. Picking it up he raised a brow, I flushed red and snatched it from him. Making him chuckle.

I quickly turned away to face the movies piled in front of my TV system.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked not looking at him.

"Anything." he replied.

I didn't know what to pick, so I just put on one I hadn't gotten around to watching; Just Go With It. I'd never seen it and it looked interesting.

I sat at the head of my bed near my pillows and Conner sat at the foot of the bed.

We sat like that for a while. I wasn't even watching the movie, I was watching him.

The way his body shook and his back muscles contrasted as he laughed. The way he pushed his hands through his hair. It's like I was mesmerized.

Suddenly he turned and I averted his gaze flushing tomato red.

My heart was drumming against my ribs. I felt the bed dip close to my crossed legs but I didn't dare to look up.

"Avery…" he said, I felt his breath on the side of my face. My eyes went wide and my heart beat sped up.

"Ye-ye-yeah…" I stuttered then closed my eyes to steady my heart.

"Look at me." he said and I just shook my head.

"Why?" he questioned.

I didn't answer.

I felt his warm hand on my chin and he turned my face, but I kept my eyes shut.

"Avery…" he whispered my name again, causing his warm breath the gently caress my face.

I didn't answer.

Softly Conner's lips touched mine.

[END OF CHAPTER THREE]

Hope you enjoyed!

VOTE

COMMENT

BECOME A FAN!

- DeeHarty♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471K 10.5K 53
" My sisters are fucking off limits! " Marco has a Golden Rule: His sisters are off limits to his friends. Robby, regardless of what he feels, can n...
13.1K 621 47
When Zora, Naya's long-term best friend and crush, starts showing an interest in her twin brother, Avi, she's forced to face her biggest fear. She wi...
1.7K 117 30
"I can't believe it's still happening." I smiled. He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's still happening?" "I'm still falling for you and I don't think I'...
889 30 30
Actions speak louder than words! Yet here we are where sometimes just mere words can do wonders. This is the story of a girl who always found herself...