Distentio Animi

By PabloEspinozaLafuent

Within 2011-2014 I wrote a set of poems that in time became a Spanish manuscript called "Talón", part of a th... More

Intro
-
Facing the 95' kindergarten batch picture
Manifest
Tournament
Sketch
Birthday Party
It was a Sunday, perhaps.
The way we see things
Pacemaker
Distancing
--
Lost Objects - Part I
Lost Objects - Part II
III
IV
V
VI
VII

Placement

14 0 0
By PabloEspinozaLafuent

Inside, I still remember the house walls losing their color. A set of bags lined up in my mother's room, one on top of another, marking the perfect synchrony to feel that something was wrong. And her gaze, as she curled her shoulder over the pillow stuffed with tarot Arcane cards, with the full conviction that to remain in this world, you only need to remain.

Outside, my father returns walking; the tear of his footprints was a stand for conviction: "It will get better." Meanwhile, days were counted as an ignition sequence, so the ceiling of the living room shall surrender to gravity and bury a dinner, a breakfast, or wake some of us upon the middle of the night.

Here, only a memory is repeated. Accommodated, placed, framed, fit, and dislocated with the way we see things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 442 53
Drenched from the blood in my veins, this book speaks of the different aspects of the dark. Catastrophically, the woeful brooks flow through these pa...
7.5K 377 72
She is an outcast. She finds it easier to express what she feels in the form of writing. Whether it is poems, letters or long texts. These are poems...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...