His Love For Her ✔

By the_selenophile

Winner of "The Golden Bird Awards" hosted by 'AmbassadorsIN' They say, ❝Someone up there has already decided... More

his love for her
reviews
prologue
1. Nothing But A Wreck
2. A Bollywood Style Meet
3. Drowning In Love And Tears
4. Engagement and Promises
5. Standing Up For Herself
6. Day Dreaming
7. Moments Worth Cherishing
8. The Night Before The Wedding
9. Accepting Her
10. Tying The Knot
11. Compiling With Her Wishes
12. Friend Before Her Husband
13. Ray Of Light
14. Green Eyed Monster
15. Creeping Inside Her Heart
16. Her Sanity, His Home
17. Taking Care Of Her
18. His Precious Diamond
19. Favourite Place
20. Light Of Her Dreams
21. Twist Of Events
22. A Night So....
Characters Rant
24. Alpha Male
25. Her World
26. Kiss
27. Secrets | Part One
28. Secrets | Part Two
29. I Love You
30. Two Bodies One Soul
Bonus Chapter : Two Bodies One Soul
31. Revelations
32. His Feelings
Bonus Chapter 2 : His Obsession
33. Family Or Love?
34. Mommy
35. Promise? Promise.
36. Loss
37. You And Me
38. Memories
39. The Truth Unravels
40. Rajeev Kapoor
41. The Silence Before The Storm
42. Friendship Or Betrayal?
43. The Storm
T E A S E R
44. Territorial
45. Paranoid
46. Remarried
47. Akansha Chopra
48. You Are My Happy Ending
49. Ganesh Pujan
50. True Colours
51. Twins
52. Mine
53. Proposal
54. Chase
55. Gone
56. Dead Yet Alive
57. Hope
58. The End
59. New Beginnings
Epilogue
HELP
Afterword
Instagram Account
New Work
SEQUEL
A LOT LIKE LOVE

23. Falling Apart

22.5K 1.2K 121
By the_selenophile

"Jaane kaise koi sehta judaai"
______

23. Falling Apart

             IT HAD BEEN six months since Shreya's accident and still there was no progress in her health. There wasn't even one person who didn't feel her absence in their lives.

Aarav woke up to the sound of the alarm buzzing. Groaning, he switched it off and tried to reach for a warm body next to him but only found cold sheets.

He woke up with tears streaming down his face. It had become a daily routine now. Aarav would cry himself to sleep and next day he would wake up with tears streaming down his face. Every time he touched the cold sheets besides him, the reality would come crashing down on him.

His Shreya wasn't here with him. She was lying there in hospital battling with her life. The doctors always tried to give him assurance but his heart and mind were slowing giving up the hopes that she would survive.

The thoughts of her leaving him made him crush into pieces. He couldn't live without her. She was like the oxygen that helped him survive. Then without her how was he going to live?

No Aarav! No negative thoughts! She will make it through and once she wakes up I will never let her go away from my sight!, Aarav told himself.

Getting up from the bed he made his way towards the washroom. Taking a quick shower, he walked towards the closet. Opening the closet, his heart clenched again as he saw Shreya's untouched clothes. He swallowed the lump in his throat and removed his clothes from the closet.

You have to stay strong Aarav!, he reminded himself.

Changing into formal wear, he picked up his laptop which was lying on the couch. His desktop wallpaper, his phone wallpaper were her pictures. He placed the laptop in his bag and went towards the mirror to comb his hair.

As he picked up the comb, his eyes fell on the small vermillion box which was untouched from six months. He picked it up and kept it in his pocket.

Just one more night and then I will be able to stay with her!

Manish had told Aarav he could stay with Shreya only on Saturday nights since next day was Sunday. Other days, he could meet her in morning before going to his office. For others it may sound cruel but in reality Manish was right.

Aarav had his office and he needed to work, sitting besides Shreya day and night would eventually affect him mentally and physically. Every night one member from Shah family would stay at hospital with Shreya.

Shaurya would stay for some nights with Shreya but no one ever stayed with her on Saturday nights except for Aarav.

Everyone knew how hard it was for Aarav to cope with Shreya's comatose condition. Shaurya was the only person from Chauhan family who was allowed to meet Shreya. Shaurya was devastated when Aarav had informed him about Shreya's condition but what broke him the most was his family was responsible for everything. He had already lost his one sibling, he couldn't lose Shreya.

Aarav descended the staircase with a blank look on his face. He had learnt how to mask his emotions in the past six months. Everyone was eating their breakfast silently. No jokes. No conversations. It was like the entire family had forgotten how to smile and be happy in the past six months.

Even if they smiled it was fake and when they cried it was hidden from each other. Everyone was trying to be strong but they were far from that. Aarav sat on the chair and ate the pancakes which Shweta had prepared. As he ate the first morsel, his eyes immediately watered as he remembered the taste of Shreya's pancakes.

There wasn't a single thing which didn't remind him of her. The moment he sat in his car, his mind would wander in the past. The flashbacks of their conversations, her laughter, her smiles and what not so would start flashing in front of his eyes. So he started travelling by public transport. Whenever he saw any couple laughing and hugging each other he would feel the hollowness in his heart. He would close his eyes to control his tears but her chocolate brown eyes, her face, her memories, everything would flash in front of him.

He wiped his tears and ate his food silently. Not bothering to talk to anyone in the family. Aanchal and Neil went back to London. Though they wanted to stay in Mumbai until Shreya would gain consciousness but Manish had asked them to leave as no one knew how long it would take for Shreya to wake up.

Sujata and Arpit's family had left for Delhi, the very day Aanchal and Neil left for London. Forum and Samar had also shifted in their own apartment after two months. Forum was informed about Shreya's accident after a month. She was heart broken when Aarav told her about Saloni and her mother's accusation.

Who were they to accuse Shreya? She was the one who lost her baby when she or Samar didn't blame Shreya or anyone for it then who were they to do it? All Forum wanted to do was slap those heartless people who were responsible for her sister in law's condition.

Once Aarav was done with his breakfast, he picked up his bag and left the house without uttering a word to his parents. Rishabh had stopped eating his meals with his family. He would always lock himself in his room as soon as he would get home. He thought no one noticed his changed nature but he was wrong. Manish, Shweta and Neela knew as much as Shreya's comatose condition had affected Aarav, it had also affected Rishabh.

After eating her breakfast, Shweta knocked on Rishabh's door. After knocking for ten minutes, he finally opened the door. Shweta's heart broke seeing her nephew's state. Rishabh eyes's were bloodshot, his hair had grown and it seemed like he hadn't shaved for weeks.

All these months no one dared to enter Rishabh or Aarav's room but looking at Rishabh's state, Shweta just knew she needed to enter his room. Rishabh reluctantly moved aside so she could enter his room. His room was messy. Clothes thrown everywhere, his table lamp was broken so was a vase but what shocked her more were the empty bottles of alcohol that were lying in his room.

She kept the breakfast on the table besides his bed and cupped Rishabh's face.

"Rishi, please talk to us. Let out all your pain. This.. this drinking addiction is not good for your health", Shweta said as tears flowed down her own face.

Rishabh hugged her tightly as he cried in her arms. She walked him towards the bed so they could sit comfortably. She rubbed his back as he sobbed in her arms.

"Why did she do this, Mami? Why! Why did she break my trust? Why did she betray me, Mami?", Rishabh asked crying.

"Who Rishi? Who are you talking about? Who betrayed you?", Shweta asked lifting Rishabh's face.

"Saloni. Mami, I... I loved her. I trusted her then why did she do this to me? What did bhabhi do to her? Bhabhi loved her like her own daughter! Who the hell does this to your own loved ones? Because of Saloni, Bhabhi is lying on the death bed! Because of her Aarav is facing this today! This is all Saloni's fault, Mami! Its all her fault... all this happened because of her! Bhabhi always loved her, supported her, stood up for her and what did she give her in return? Betrayal! That's all Bhabhi got!"

"Let it all out, Rishi", Shweta said in her soothing voice.

"I can't believe I fell in love with a girl like her! I always thought she was like bhabhi sweet, caring and would never hurt anyone but she proved me wrong! She hurted Bhabhi! She hurted Aarav! She hurted me! I HATE HER, MAMI! I FUCKING HATE HER!", Rishabh said crying as Shweta rubbed his back.

_____________

             AFTER RISHABH HAD vented his heart out to Shweta, he had fallen asleep. Shweta and Neela had taken that time to clean Rishabh's messy room. Once his room was cleaned, Shweta went to her room. She locked the door and walked towards her closet. She removed the album from the closet and closed the door. Sitting on the bed, she opened the album.

The first picture itself was of Shreya in her bridal attire. Shweta smiled looking at her picture. She went through all the pictures and stopped at one in which Shreya was twisting Aarav's ears as he had a wincing expression on his face and Shreya had a grin on her face.

Shweta chuckled lightly as she saw the picture. Though Aarav was wincing in pain, anybody could see his eyes were twinkling with happiness. Happiness which only Shreya could give him. The pose was suggested by Forum since next two pictures were of Forum and Aanchal with their husbands in the same pose.

There was a picture which was a candid moment. Aarav's hand was around Shreya's waist as her hands rested on his shoulder. Aarav's face was hidden since he was probably telling Shreya something while Shreya had a smile on her face.

The other picture was where Shreya black bead necklace was entangled with Aarav's locket as they had an eyelock with each other.

Shweta touched the picture and a tear fell down on it. She wiped her tears and closed the album. She wished she could change the past. If she hadn't united with her family maybe none of this would have taken place. She would have enjoyed her wedding anniversary with her children safely.

Forum's baby would have been born by this time and Shreya would have been with them right now. Aarav wouldn't have shut down his emotions and Rishabh wouldn't have to face betrayal from his love. Her wish to unite with her family was responsible for all this. She had lost her grandchild and her DIL was in coma just because of her nephew.

DIL it was what all modern mother in law's called their daughter in law's. It was weird how its acronym exactly defined them. DIL which meant heart thats what they were. Heart of the family. Without them nothing felt right. Shweta felt the same way about Shreya. She missed her and all she wanted was for her to get well soon.

_____________

            SHAURYA ENTERED THE hospital and went towards a very familiar room. He opened the door and found Dr. Mehra, the same doctor who had performed Forum's as well as Shreya's operation was checking Shreya.

"How is she doctor?", Shaurya asked looking at his sister who seemed so peaceful right now.

"Her injuries are almost healed and her vitals are also strong and normal. Her head too seems stables. In other words, she's good", Doctor Mehra said.

"So you mean, she's going to wake up soon?", Shaurya asked hoping he would hear a positive answer.

"No, Shaurya. I told you its all upto her. She is healing physically and we can only help with the physical injuries. In comatose condition, it's the patient's internal battle. Frankly speaking, its upon her will to live. On the basis of what Aarav told me before her accident your family accused her for Forum's baby's death which I could say has affected her alot and she was drunk"

Shaurya was stunned with the new found information.

Shreya was drunk? From when did she start drinking?

"Are you sure doctor that she was drunk?", Shaurya inquired.

"Yes Shaurya, I found alcohol in her blood and let's say she's definitely drinking from a long time", Doctor Mehra said.

"Does Aarav know about this? Or any other family member?"

"No, I had figured out they had no idea about her drinking habbit so I decided to tell you"

"Thank you, doctor! Please let this information be confidential", Shaurya said.

"Sure. Anyways I need to see the other patients so I should take a leave", Doctor Mehra said and left Shaurya alone with Shreya.

____________

             AS SOON AS Shaurya entered his apartment, Prem immediately asked him about his whereabouts.

"Its none of your business, Dad", Shaurya said harshly.

"Don't you dare use that tone with me, young man! I'm your father and don't forget that", Prem warned.

"Father, eh? Do you know the meaning of father, Mr Prem Chauhan?", Shaurya mocked.

"Shaurya, this isn't the way you talk to your father", Parul said enraged.

"Ohh please Mom! It's better if you don't teach me how to talk with whom!", Shaurya said with hatred laced in his voice.

"SHAURYA!!!", Prem said raising his hand on him.

"Why did you stop, Mr Chauhan? Raise your hand! Slap me! Or wait! Is the almighty Mr Prem Chauhan afraid to raise his hand on his son?", Shaurya mocked.

"Bhai..."

"Your brother is dead for you, Saloni! I have only one sister and that is Shreya. She's my only family. You... you people", he said pointing at his parents "are nothing but heartless monsters and you", he said pointing at Saloni "you are a bitch!"

That's when Prem finally slapped Shaurya hard on his cheeks as Saloni cried listening to his words.

"I called her a bitch so you slapped me but when your wife and daughter were accusing Shreya of being a murderer you couldn't slap them. You're great, Mr Chauhan! YOU'RE SO FUCKING GREAT!!!", Shaurya said clapping his hands.

"They did everything because I told them to do!", Prem yelled.

Shaurya smirked.

"I know that daddy dearest but I want to know the reason behind it", Shaurya said.

"I did this because Saloni was following her footsteps. She also did the same thing what she did all those years back!", Prem said furiously.

"What do you mean?", Shaurya asked confused.

"She fell in love just like she did all those years back! She's in love with Rishabh!", Prem said with distaste as he looked at Saloni with hatred.

"Falling in love is not a sin, Dad!", Shaurya said.

"I don't care! Love is nothing but rubbish!", Prem said.

"What did you exactly plan, Dad?", Shaurya asked warily.

"It was simple asking Saloni to tell Rishabh to forget her would not work because Shreya and Aarav would support him. So the best thing was to hurt Shreya so Rishabh could get hurt. When he informed Forum and her baby's life was in risk intially I decided not to go but then I thought maybe this situation could help me. When I reached there Sujata ji told me everything and I knew what I had to do. Shreya wasn't responsible but I knew Saloni had to hurt her only then Rishabh could hate her. So when Saloni was accusing her, I sent Rishi out so he could notice it but what I didn't know was she would end up with an accident. I never wished for that"

Shaurya looked at Prem with pure hatred.

"You know what? I'm leaving this house", Shaurya said glaring at Prem.

"You wouldn't do that", Parul said.

"I will! I can't live with you monsters! And you Saloni! You should have told Aarav or Rishabh about this but no you didn't! You're the reason why Shreya is in coma! I swear to God if anything happens to my sister, I will sue you all!", Shaurya said with tears in his eyes as he went inside his room and started packing his bag.

____________

            RISHABH ENTERED SHREYA'S room and sat on the chair which was besides her bed. Tonight, he was suppose to be staying with her.

He looked at her peaceful face and held her hands in his hand.

"Bhabhi, please wake up. It's.. its been six months now. Aarav... he misses you so much infact we all miss you. Bhabhi, please wake up I miss you...", he said crying.

"I swear I won't tease you or Aarav. I... I will always behave like a good brother in law. Everyone says Bhabhi and devar's relation is one of the purest relation. A Bhabhi is like a second mother, elder sister to her devar and you're the same to me Bhabhi", he said sobbing.

"I... I had never seen my elder sister and father. Only Mama and Mami knows about my elder sister except for me and Mom. I lost my Dad and my elder sister in an accident. When I saw you on the engagement day with Aarav, I just knew I had an elder sister in the form of you if I lose you Bhabhi, I don't know what I will do", Rishabh said sobbing.

"Rishi...", Aarav said his voice filled with pain.

Rishabh looked up at Aarav and wiped his tears.

"You spend some time with Bhabhi, I will just go and get some fresh air", Rishabh said and rushed out of the room.

He closed his eyes in an attempt to calm himself. When he opened them, he found Saloni in front of him.

"What the hell are you doing here?", Rishabh sneered.

"Rishi..."

"Don't you fucking call me Rishi! It's Rishabh for you no wait! It's Mr Panchal for you", Rishabh smirked.

"Don't do this to me please... just listen to me once", Saloni begged.

"Listen what? Your pathetic and fake excuses?", Rishabh asked gripping her arm.

"You're hurting me, Rishi", Saloni whimpered.

"This is nothing compared to the pain you've caused to my family and trust me Saloni Chauhan, I will make you pay for it", Rishabh said darkly.

"Rishabh, just listen to me once", Saloni pleaded.

"Okay, you've five minutes not even one second more than it", Rishi said pushing her away.

"Rishi, Dad... dad told me to do all this.. trust me... I... I didn't do this intentionally. I just did what he said. He somehow found out about us and he hated me. I couldn't live with Dad's hatred so I did as he asked me to do", Saloni said crying.

Rishabh laughed.

"Nice story, Saloni! Where did you get that script from? I must say you're a fantastic actress! First, you tried to act innocent and now you're acting like a victim. Mind blowing! Which drama classes did you join? Please give me their contact number so even I can become an actor and fool people like you fooled us"

"This isn't a story! It's the truth. I'm not lying. Please believe me, Rishi"

"Okay let's believe what you're saying is the truth but still you're a bitch, you know why? Because you betrayed your sister just because you wanted your father's love. Have you ever thought how she might have lived for 21 fucking years without his love and care? No! Why would you think? After all, you are nothing but selfish!"

"Rishi.."

"Saloni, leave before I call Aarav or worst call your father and tell him that his princess has come to meet me", Rishabh said.

Saloni looked at him with tears in her eyes. That day she walked away from the person who meant the world to her.

_____________

How was the chapter? Excuse me for grammatical errors. Vote and comment. Keep loving Aarya :) Happy reading!

Love ya,
Hugs and Kisses,
See you soon.
-Rhea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 3.6K 32
Arhan khan An engineer by profession but work as the ceo of India's biggest company. Everyone fears him as he has the worst temper . His life change...
1.5M 58.1K 75
Previous Title : Tum Jo Nahi Toh Kuch Bhi Nahi He was sitting emotionlessly. He looked toward her in anger. She also looked at him but she was confus...
Love Together By Radhi_

General Fiction

774K 42.9K 33
𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 1 𝙤𝙛 #𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 ࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚࿙*࿚ "𝐀𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡 𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭" is the youngest son of the Rajput...
145K 8.4K 32
Wattpad Featured on WattpadRomanceIN in the Hum Aapke Hain Kaun reading list. Dr. Saumya Mathur Three years ago, she lost the only people she loved i...