The Sun, The Moon and The Oce...

By nicolerobinsaan

♡ranked #8 in selflove (omgomgomg) ♡ Escaping her distasteful home in the outback, Sophia Rollins seeks to st... More

author's note :)
extras
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
thank you so much!
HUGE ANNOUNCMENT
HELP AUSTRALIA

chapter twelve

917 42 7
By nicolerobinsaan

above is a snap of Sophia sharing her banana cream popsicle with Sydney

ALL I COULD do, standing there in the middle of my family and lip locking with Cooper, was just close my eyes. Cooper's lips were warm and damp, and he kissed me hard. I didn't understand why he had decided to lean in and make my day, and make our audience's jaws drop. But I didn't care, the butterflies in my belly fluttered their wings rapidly, my cheeks became the color of a tomato and even though my body was freaking out, my heart felt soft and secure.

It felt so natural standing that close to him, feeling that much of his skin against mine, and it felt so familiar and safe.

He pulled away too quickly and gave me a smile, which I returned and I only wished he could see how bright it was. If I wasn't feeling nervously strong before, I definitely was now. As much as I wanted to follow Cooper back to the buffet table, I had other business to attend to.

I turned back to Jonathan, "What was it you needed?" He composed himself again, as he reacted totally opposite to mine and Cooper's smooch as my parents did. "Oh, Penny needs you."

My mom shook her head and faced Jonathan herself, "What is it she needs, Jon? Whatever it is, I surely can help." There she went again, pushing me aside like I was useless and incapable of good things. But I was, like that blind boy I just kissed or the things I created with a paintbrush.

God, how I wanted to prove her wrong.

Jonathan cleared his throat, "I apologize, Mrs. Rollins. But this is a job only Sophia can accomplish, considering she is Penny's maid of honor."

Next thing I knew I was standing in the bathroom on the beach near the venue which was surprisingly nicer than one would expect, watching Penny and her friends frantically fix my sister's hair. As I stood in the corner, I didn't know how to deal with the wave of emotion Jonathan just laid on me.

Why the hell was I her maid of honor? I was no one special.

Suddenly, my sister and I made eye contact in the mirror and her face lit up. "Sophie!" She squealed before spinning around and bringing me in for a long embrace. I held her just as tightly, not realizing how much I had actually missed my sister. Penny never acted like my parents had, treating me like I was always less and shaking their heads at anything I presented to them which I was proud of. In fact, she was the exact opposite. Penny would talk to me like a sister would, encouragingly and also annoyingly at times. She didn't think she was any better than me, I was her little sister. She made it clear she wanted the best for me, she always awed and complimented the paintings I would be working on during the afternoons she'd come home. She'd always tell me, "These are amazing, Soph. I don't understand why you don't showcase them or something."

Penny also didn't understand that she was the favorite, at least from what I could tell. She probably didn't notice the amount of applause she received from our parents but I didn't know how to blame her. Penny was just doing what she did best, being a student and just a good person. I was envious of that, I never had gotten an A in my life and things got to me easily.

"I am so glad to see you, Soph," Penny spoke, pulling away. "I was afraid you didn't get my text message seeing that you never responded."

Penny was looking as beautiful as ever, she always did. Her make up was natural, dewy and soft with light red lipstick. Her light blonde hair was pulled back into a half up half down hair style, gleaming hair pins holding her hair rose bun in place. But to my surprise, her dress was short. Laced long sleeves ran down her arm and sheer lace covered her collar bones. The skirt was flouncy and reached up to her knees.

I furrowed my eyebrows a little bit, not expecting a short dress at all. I expected a luxurious gown, not a dress that showed off my sister's smooth legs. I ignored it and responded, "Actually, your groom just told me the big news, so I apologize if I seem a little shaken up."

Penny's eyes widened and shook her head, "You seem fine, it's alright." I looked Penny up and down and I felt tears swelling in my eyes. I was so caught up in worrying about my parents that I didn't even think about what it's going to be like seeing my older sister on her big day.

"No, Sophie," she whined, noticing my watering eyes. "I can't cry now, I'm not even married yet." I laughed a little and sniffed, trying to stop myself. "I'm sorry, you just look so beautiful, Pen." I heard Olivia and Same awe in the background.

I decided to ask questions, "Penny," I breathed, "Why the hell am I the maid of honor? I don't deserve it."

Penny snickered, as if she was expecting the question. She rested her hands on my shoulders, "Sophia, I picked you because you're the one who taught me how to live."

What the hell did that mean? She was the one who was out doing things with herself like going to school, having girls night and having dates with Jonathan. I sat around at home and felt sorry for myself until I decided to get my ass to Carins.

The confusion on my face pushed Penny to continue, "I know it sounds crazy," I nodded. "But when you left for Queensland that morning, I knew you were doing something right and I wasn't. This whole time, yeah I've been working on my dream, but I feel like a big part of that dream was trying to please Mom and Dad. Planning this wedding, I realized I don't need to be perfect. I didn't let Mom help me with anything," I raised my eyebrows at that, "Hence the dress," she laughed.

"But also, Sophia. I wanted you to see how important you are. I mean, girl! You drove across the country to fulfill your dream!" She boomed, and I gave a laugh. "You threw whatever Mom and Dad have ever said about you behind you and kept moving forward. You're such a talented artist and look at you now, three months in and you haven't complained or anything. You're doing such a good job, Soph. You deserve a lot more recognition than you think you do."

I smiled at the small speech she gave me but I wasn't sure if I was to believe it or not. But before I could even thank my sister for telling me all those nice things, Sam spoke up, "I hate to break the mood, but the ceremony starts in five minutes."

So within those 5 minutes, Penny called all her guests up to the floral arch where her and Jonathan were to be married. All of us stood in our designated spots, me closest to Jonathan since Penny was yet to walk down the aisle with my father, Penny's four bridesmaids to my right and Jonathan's best man, Justin, I think, with his four groomsmen on his left.

I searched the crowd for Cooper, and as I found it harder to spot him, I started to feel extremely guilty for leaving him in the dust. He didn't know anyone, not even to mention the fact he's blind. I frowned a little bit, but then saw a familiar wagging tail.

There he was.

I was surprised I didn't find him sooner because he was so much taller than everyone else. He stood humbly, as he always did. He didn't look very bothered, and knowing him was probably giving himself props for the sass he sent my parents way earlier. Then I remembered our kiss and my blush suddenly became pinker. How I wanted to taste those lips again.

The sound of the wedding march pulled me out of my daydream and everyone in the crowd seemed to sit a little straighter as they turned to watch. Penny and my father stood at the end of the aisle, a huge smile on my sister's face. I glanced at my mother to see the grimace on her face, probably because of the short dress. I giggled.

They slowly waltzed down the aisle, Penny's additional veil flowed next to her heels, and she looked so stunning. Jonathan thought so as well, when I looked over at him I could tell he was fighting tears in his eyes. At that sight, my eyes started swelling too.

As the ceremony went on and the priest announced it was time for the vows. Jonathan went first. Penny and him exchanged teary eyed smiles with each other before he began. Then he started, "Penny, these past five years have been unforgettable, and I hope we have many more unforgettable five years to come. You're the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes upon, even if you don't believe me. You have made me believe in myself when I thought I was at rock bottom. You are my sun, my moon and my ocean. You light up my life and bring warmth to my heart, you keep me safe and shield me from the monsters and together we are the ocean. We help each other move swiftly throughout our struggles or storm together like a sailor's worst nightmare. You are the best thing I have ever had the pleasure to come across."

They kept the vows short and sweet, and I loved it. My mother sat sort of uncomfortably, her ego was taking up most her attention rather than her own daughter's beautiful wedding.

I looked at Cooper who had a small curve of a smile on his face and I remembered how he was the sun and the moon, and I wondered if together we could be an ocean.

------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I'VE BEEN ON VACATION and haven't been able to connect to wifi. not to mention wattpad did not save my writing, so i had to rewrite half of this chapter. well, anyways, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter. its super sweet and soft and i love it. thank you all for your support!

don't forget to comment and vote! i love hearing from my readers :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 189 17
Being mesmerize my fairytales, Alison yearns for an enthralling love story, etched in stone as a tale rolling on from one generation to the next. He...
83K 1.7K 81
Good grades, affluence, and opportunities, Sophia Parrish has everything a 17-year old girl could possibly want. That is, until a summer vacation wit...
34.1K 982 32
This is the story about Morgan Robertson... Morgan's childhood was taken away when she was burned with the same flames that ended het father's life a...
43 2 31
Have you ever had a reason to fall in love and hope they would cling on for life? No? Than this story might take you for a leap. Terri loves her best...