SAMPLE - The Hunting Game (Re...

By RamenLady

(Completed. Edited by: RonnyRotten) THIS IS A SAMPLE °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° Rejection has never been sweeter For Pa... More

Trailer
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Cast Pictures
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Noor - Bonus Chapter
Kyle - Bonus Chapter
Epilogue
The Return of Noor
Bonus Chapter - Titus & Patience
Kyle - Bonus Chapter - His Ending
Bonus Chapter 1: Ivana & Killian
Bonus Chapter 2: Ivana & Killian
Another Book??
Rejection Series
The Hunting Game is getting Published
PLOT TWIST!!
JUST FOR YOU!!
Extra, extra! Read all about it!
Get this book for free (limited time only)!
In 3, 2, 1
WE ARE LIVE!!

Chapter 17

222K 9.7K 2.4K
By RamenLady

After my phone call with my family, I felt something was wrong. My guts were churning and there was a strange tug in my heart. I worried for my dad and my sister. I worried that Kyle might've told my sister who I was to him.

It wasn't fair. He doesn't get the right to do that. He rejected me and now that I was finally happy he was going to say that he wants me? He was selfish, a coward, and disgusting but then again knowing Kyle, I knew he would do whatever he wants to get what he wants.

I understand that in a way the fact that I hid what Kyle was to me from my sister was wrong because family should have no secrets but who was I to demand my mate from my sister when she was clearly in love with him? Who was I to place myself in between what has been growing between them for years? Moon goddess might've chosen me to be his mate but was the mate bond strong enough to fight against a chosen love? All I knew at that time was she was in love with him and their bond was stronger than mine and I didn't have the heart to hurt my sister and destroy what was her love for Kyle.

Imagine my surprise, when Kyle told me on the day Titus came to get me that he has fallen in love with me over the years. The idea made me snort in hilarity. It showed how selfish he was. He dragged me on his side for years and kept my sister in his arms every night. It was perfect for him and he made his choice.

I should've told my sister then but everything happened so quickly. If I did not leave, Titus will have his Kyle's head. My phone call was to my dad was an intent to speak with my dad regarding the issue of Kyle but dimwit decided to pick up the phone and talk to me.

After the phone call, Titus left to go speak with Christian and I was left wondering down the halls until I found myself in the back of the house. I have no clue how I landed myself here but at least I made it to the lower level. I found a group of young teen females laughing and giggling at Noor as he was training the pack warriors on the field.

Noor was shirtless and walking around with his hands behind his back. He was cute with his tan skin and black hair tied into a ponytail behind his back. It made him look rugged with his broad tattooed chest. He had the darkest protruding brown eyes I have ever seen but I think that was his best feature because it made him look all the more dangerous. No wonder the young teen females were sniffing around him.

"Noor." I shouted as I made toward him. He turned around and smiled when he saw me.

"Patience, what are you doing out here? Where is the Alpha?" He asked looking around.

"He left me to speak with Christian. Honestly, I don't know how I landed myself out here. I was looking for the breakfast room." I replied and he began laughing as he shook his head.

"We need to give you a proper tour." He said.

"That we do. At this rate, I would get lost in a supply closet." I muttered. He grinned at my comment. "So it seems you have attracted yourself a group of young females."

He turned to the group of girls and then back at me. "They do it every day."

"Do you have a mate, Noor?" I asked.

"Not yet but I do hope to find her soon. It would be nice to finally be mated to someone you are destined to be with." He said truthfully and I nodded my understanding.

"So how about you and I-"I was about to ask to join in on the training when I felt a pair of eyes burning through my back. I already knew who it was even before turning around. Titus was making his way down the hill, his forest green Henley stretched tight against his upper chest and muscular arms and his hand shoved into his jean pockets.

"Well, there he is." Noor said. Titus walked up to us a scowl on his face. When he came to my side he placed a hand on the back of my head and placed his forehead on mine.

"Why are you always wondering off?" He whispered.

"Do you want me to remain in our room until you come back?" I argued back because it wasn't going to happen. He looked like he was actually considering it so I changed topic.

"I was looking for the breakfast room."

"You are far from it, ma cherie." He spoke.

"I didn't know where I was going so I walked around and ended up here." I responded. He broke into a grin and I can see the laughter reflecting in his eyes.

He sighed, "It seems we are in need of a tour of the pack house. I would ask someone else to do it but I think it is best if I do it."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders protectively and head up the hill as he spoke again, "By the way, your sister is on her way here."

My feet planted straight onto the ground and he stopped to look at me. My sister was coming? There it was the again. The gut feeling something was wrong.

"Why?" I asked.

"I am not sure but your father called to inform us she left."

"Alone?" I asked.

"It would seem so." Titus replied but I can see how this was also affecting him. He was also wondering what was going on over at my old pack. "I sent Christian to go wait for her at the airport. She should be here in half a day."

I sighed. So my gut was telling me something was wrong after that phone call and now it just kept gnawing at me. It felt like one of those feelings you get where you feel trouble was just right around the corner.

"I hope everything is okay...maybe I should call my dad?" I asked.

He looked down at me and sighed. "He is busy, mate. When a pack loses their Luna it is a total frenzy. Trust me when I say, we should wait for you sister for answers."

Kailyn

The moment I got off the plane and went through the narrow passage, I had no clue how to get to Patience's new pack. All I thought about was running away I didn't realize what I was doing until I got here. Nervousness settled in as I hope someone here spoke English. I walked around until a scent hit me. My heart beat quickened and my hands grew clammy. I tightened my hand into a fist as I felt a pair of eyes looking at me.

No.

This is not happening.

I maneuvered away from the eyes burning through me and began running. I will not look back. This was a nightmare and I needed to get away fast. It was bad enough that my chosen mate was Kyle who was Patience's mate. To find my mate here was a cruel twist in fate. I would not do it. I can't do it because I was ashamed. I mated with a chosen instead of waiting. He deserved someone better. I saw a huge crowd and I knew I could lose my mate in that crowd as well as mix my scent in there enough to confuse him, I quickly headed into it.

My body rubbed against everyone else's as they moved in the same direction. When I emerged my eyes darted around seeking an escape. When I saw a dark hallway I ran as fast as I could down that hallway and continued to make random turns until I found myself a door that was unlocked. Immediately I moved to open it, quickly darting into the pitch black room. I leaned against the doorway and clutched at my chest that was now aching.

Why did fate have to be so cruel and complicated? I was so ashamed of myself. The mistakes I have done and the truth that was hidden was killing me and now I meet the one thing that I never thought I would see.

Distantly, I heard faint footsteps and my body stiffened; fully alert that someone was getting closer. I quickly darted around the pitch black room, seeking a place to hide but tripped over a box and went flying down onto the ground. I covered my mouth from screaming as I felt pain shoot through my ankle. Getting up on my hands I pushed myself back until I hit the wall away from the door and curled up my feet close to me as I waited. My heart was beating so fast against my chest. I think even the other person can hear it, human or not.

The footsteps stopped in front of the door I entered. Oh no. Go away. I held my breath as I waited for the other person to leave. After a moment, the footsteps started retreating and I exhaled with relief. Crawling on my hands and knees I made it to the door where I opened it slightly to peek out. The scent that hit me told me it was my mate who was tracing me. I swallow hard as it was the most alluring scent I have ever smelt before. The ache in my chest again stirred. I would never be able to experience this and it was my entire fault. I have no one else to blame but myself.

I crawled out of the room and then using my hands pushed myself up to a standing position-well half standing up. I was leaning against the wall as my ankle was throbbing. It would take at least a few hours for it to heal.

"Damn it." I muttered, moving slowly I was going to make my way to the information desk and ask for a phone so I can call Patience to come and get me.

My mate's scent still lingered in the air and I found comfort in it. My wolf was definitely happy. Her ears are perked and alert. She wanted to see him but she knew we don't deserve to.

I walked for a little bit before I frowned and looked around. I have absolutely no idea where I was. I sighed and fell down on my butt as I was too exhausted to even continue. I sat down and looked down at my hands, content in just sitting here and drown in my misery with my mate's scent wrapping around me as I can smell he was just here.

A pair of white shoes appeared in front of me. I blinked a few times as I stared at it before my eyes traveled up from the shoes to meet the owner. What I saw took my breath away. The beautiful male standing in front of me was staring at me with an intense russet color eyes. The connection was instant and the pull was strong. I felt my soul literally being yanked closer to his. Subconsciously, I shook my head. No.

I began crawling away from him but his hand came out to grab my shoulder, pulling me back against the wall again. I closed my eyes tightly, refusing to look at him. I could feel his breath on my cheek as his nose touched my face.

"You smell like another male but the bond I have with you tells me you are mine." He said huskily, his voice was controlled and steady but that controlled and steady voice was what scared me. There was a hint of a threat behind it. I swallowed hard again.

"P-please, let me go." I whispered.

He chuckled wickedly, "Why would I do that, mate?"

"Because I am not y-yours." I said quietly even the words were hard to force from my lips.

I felt his hand on my cheek and then down to my neck. The instant cold and pleasurable tingles that spread from that touch had my body melting. It was nothing I have ever felt before even with Kyle it wasn't like this.

"This tells me otherwise." He replied softly. Dear goddess, his voice was so deep and masculine it sent shivers through my body and goose bumps spreading all over my body. The way he had that French accent has me weak at the knees. "Open your eyes."

My shook my head and closed them tightly.

"Open your eyes or I will kiss those luscious plump lips of yours right now." He demanded his voice hard with little patience and my eyes fluttered opened immediately to look back into his eyes.

"You can't force me to do anything. I will have my sister's pack hurt you. They will find me. They live here." I threatened. He arched an eyebrow at me and it was the most sexiest thing I have ever seen. Damn him! Damn mate bond! Resist, Kailyn.

"Interesting." He murmured.

"Yes, her mate is the Alpha! He will rip your head off if you force me to do anything I don't want to." I threatened angrily. "It's best if you let me go."

"Oh, what would be the fun in that? I think I quite enjoy the idea of taking you away." He said nonchalantly.

"Please just let me go." I tried again. "You don't want me."

His eyes darkened immediately to pitch black. "Don't speak for me. You don't know what I want."

I tore my gaze away from him, tears streaming down my face now. He moved to cup my cheeks so that I would look at him and his eyes were back to its normal color. His gaze softened as he saw tears running down my cheeks.

"I have been waiting for you for years. I am not going to let you go that easily, Kailyn." He gently spoke and my heart again came to a stop. How the hell did he know my name?

"H-how-" I began but he interrupted me with a devilish grin.

"You look a lot like your sister. She hasn't met me but I have heard a lot about you two. Imagine my surprise when my mate comes stumbling to me." He said and I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed, clearly confused.

"My name is Micah Beaumont, Alpha of Red Thorn."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 61.8K 47
A story where a True blood Alpha was finding his mate who happens to be chubby. "You're gonna reject me right?" "I-" "You're going to." ________ [TH...
598K 15.2K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
23.5K 873 10
Nunew is born by both beta parent, he have been sure about being presented as a beta as well but things turn up to be unexpectedly and him being pres...
21.3K 275 16
"What don't you understand? I cant have an omega as my Luna! It would be an absolute disgrace to the pack!" my mate shouted, shattering my heart to b...