Coffee

By jespah

Captain Kathryn Janeway takes a moment to reflect on a most necessary component of space exploration. There's... More

Coffee

402 21 33
By jespah

It's one of the most perfect words in the English language. 

It conjures up images of Arabia, and Hawaii, plantations in greens and browns. 

It swirls in the cup, a hot bit of the tropics in your hand. And the aroma's like richness and the best parts of adulthood – you know, the independence parts, not the responsibility parts. 

The sounds it evokes are of rain falling on wide palm fronds, as the drip maker slowly reveals its goodness. 

Then there's the taste, of all-nighters and intellectual conversations. 

Kathy?  

I hear my name as I contemplate my morning cup of coffee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 48.9K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
951K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
230K 5.6K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
52.5M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...