A Servant for a Mate - Book #...

By TessaT

Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a... More

copyright
Im only Human
Book 1 of 3
Chapter 1~
Chapter 2~
Chapter 3~
Chapter 4~
Chapter 5~
Chapter 6~
Chapter 7~
Chapter 8~
Chapter 9~
Chapter 10~
Chapter 11~
Chapter 12~
Chapter 13~
Chapter 14~
Chapter 15~
Chapter 16~
Chapter 17~
Chapter 18~
Chapter 19~
Chapter 20~
Chapter 21~
Chapter 22~
Chapter 23~
Chapter 24~
Chapter 25~
Chapter 26~
Chapter 27~
Chapter 28~
Chapter 30~
Chapter 31~
Chapter 32~
Chapter 33~
Chapter 34~
Chapter 35~
Chapter 36~
Series
Chapter 37~
Epilogue
Mature Version is UP!
Pg or Mature
A Hidden Princess Finished
Read for Free on Ream

Chapter 29~

839K 8.5K 1.2K
By TessaT

Please don't be shy and let me know what you thought. 3rd chapter in 3 days. i think im on a roll right now. hopefuflly i can continue with it

******************************************************

Nearly two hours later, I gaze at the passing trees.

My mother and the Queen, who demanded I call her by her birth name or mother helped me from washing my body to primping and dressing it. To say my face turned a shade darker each time they touched me would be the outright truth. I had been mortified that the Queen of all people saw me naked. 

Not that she minded. Oh no, she was all smiles and complements. I swear she secretly wants me to pop out a grandbaby by tomorrow. Which if I rashly thought about it, I could see her way of thinking. Now that her baby is all grown up, she wants another little one to dote on. Preferably one that doesn't come from her.

After fighting with the two women for nearly twenty minutes I had given up and surrendered to my fate. I felt useless. Coming out of a three week coma made my body weak. Even as a werewolf, I needed time for my body to become accustomed to movement.

Being that said, is why my brother is carrying me to the destination of my very first date. I kept my mouth shut when the Queen called not only him, but Theo and three other's to my new room. My own personal body guards. At least three of them will be. I have no doubt that Taylor and Theo will more than likely be my partners in crime with the other three trailing behind us.

"You know he might shit himself when he sees you Claudi," Theo whispers. He may be my best friend, but that doesn't mean he has the right as of yet to speak ill of his Prince. "You know because all this hotness." He waves his hand in my general direction.

Rolling my eyes I place my head back down on Taylor's firm shoulder. "Shut up Theo, that's my sister you're speaking about." Give it up to Taylor, my ever protective brother.

"Theo, all the gooey details I will have the pleasure of gossiping with your mate about," sighing, I relish when the day comes. I'll have to make sure I hide the two of us girls, otherwise Theo will find a way to kidnap his mate away from me.

"If only you weren't the Princess." Hearing him groan, I get the feeling he is bummed out he can't do anything to me. "You know our fun days have to come to an end right? Otherwise that brute of a mate will probably castrate your brother and me." I felt the shiver race down Taylor's body at Theo's words. Evidently he didn't desire that to happen either.

"I promise he won't Theo. I want nieces and nephews," I giggle out. Oh the revenge I will have when he has kids.

"Good, now keep your eyes open and enjoy your night. It's about time you get to know the man who will comply too your every whim." I listen as his chuckling disappears into the distance.

I wonder how many guards are actually out here.

"Please do enjoy your afternoon baby sis. You deserve it more than anyone I know. Forget the past at least for today. If he screws up down the line you may blow his head off. I promise you that man has changed from what you remember. The only reason he left your bedside was when his mother used her status to force him to take a shower," Taylor whispers softly in my ear. Not wanting the remaining guards surrounding us to hear.

"Truly?" I felt a warming sensation at his words. Caden didn't want to leave my side?

"I've never lied to you and I never will. That man has fallen hard for you. He doesn't know this, but I caught him crying one night. He kept begging you to come back to him. I've never seen a more broken man than I did at that moment. If I were in your position, I wouldn't take anything for granted. I would let the love I had for my mate blossom. I would want to finally be happy."

Choking back tears, I try not to mess up the small tint of make-up my mother applied to my face. I couldn't believe he cried for me.

After waking up, I felt the need to be in his arms. The nightmare I had, still running amok in my mind. I knew in his arms I would be protected. And I did.

Within those firm arms I realized I needed to take control of my life. Living in the past would get me nowhere. Yes, I still had fears of him cheating on me. But if I didn't give him a chance, there would be no future. I would consistently be asking myself, what if? What if he didn't cheat on me in the future and we could actually live happily ever after?

"We are coming upon our destination baby sis. Keep your eyes open and alert. I do not want you to miss out on this." I could hear the wonder and giddiness in his voice. What is Caden doing for this first date of ours?

Minutes after thinking those words, I feel the air become stuck in my throat at the wonder in front of me. The three guards had held back a blanket of greenery making of a wall in front of a cave entrance.

However did Caden find this place?

As we enter the cave, I instantly noticed the hundreds of candles perched in the little holes in the walls or scattered on the caves bumpy floor.

"He did all this for me?" I gasp out to my brother. There had to be a least near a thousand candles lit.

"Apparently it gets even lovelier. That's what mother told me anyways when I came to pick you up." Shrugging his shoulders, we see a dim light indicating the end of the cave tunnel.

Breaching the opening, I feel tears shimmer in the corners of my eyes. Candles mingled with thousands of white and red rose petals around the sandy beach. In the center a light blue blanket protected the wicker basket from the grainy sand.

Above our heads the tree branches created a shelter. Sunlight poured through the tiny slits, creating a romantic feeling.

"This is where I leave you my dear sis in the capable hands of your improved mate. Apparently this was all his idea. The servants only helped out." Kissing my cheek, he places my sandaled feet down in the warm sand. I knew in a few minutes I would be completely alone with the man in front of me and I couldn't be happier.

Standing off to the side of the blanket wearing a two piece white summer suit he looked like a majestic god. I nearly fall over when a shiver of lust hit my core. Good lord, the loose fabric flows softly in the wind, molding perfectly to his harden body.

Am I sweating yet with nerves?

Taking a tentative step forward, I watch as his eyes roam up and down my body multiple of times. Does he like what he sees? Or do I disappoint him?

"Kitten, I more than love what I'm seeing. The blue and white of that dress make your eyes sparkle. Now I know why your mother had you wear a blue ball gown all those years ago. Simply tantalizing, my dear." Reaching me he pulls out a blue tinted rose from behind his back.

Blushing, I fiddle with my fingers nervously. Had he heard all my thoughts?

"You my dear are easy to read. I wouldn't dare invade that beautiful mind at a time like this." Leaning down he softly places a kiss to my cheek. "I want our first date to be memorable for doing something right. Invading your mind isn't."

Gently taking the rose, I bring it up to my nose. Taking a small whiff before forming a breathtaking smile for the gorgeous man two feet in front of me.

"Why kitten?" I blurt out suddenly. Being a wolf, usually the nickname kitten isn't the first to come to a man's thoughts. At least that's what I would think.

"You purr in your sleep," chuckling he threads his fingers in-between mine. Ignoring my horrifying face.

I purr when I sleep? Since freakin when? Theo and Taylor never told me that.

"Do not fret, my sexy purring kitten. I absolutely love it. You did it when I brushed my fingers through your hair or traced them along your smooth skin. You love the feeling of my fingers on your skin and I couldn't be more honored."

Do not look up Claudia. Do not look into his eyes.

Holy crap!

Taking a deep breath I force air into my lungs as I watch his eyes swirl between blue and black. Theo was wrong, if Caden wraps me around his finger any tighter, I'll be the one begging on my knees for a simple touch.

Breaking our staring contest he leads me over to the blanket. The smell of numerous foods enticed my nose. I couldn't believe how starving I felt at that moment.

Laying down on our sides, I watch the ripples of his body flex with each movement.

"The doctor's told me you would be ravenous for the first few days. I figured what way to eat your full than with your favorite foods." Giving him a little smile, I wonder how he knew. "While we were reading your love notes, we wrote down notes. Your hobbies, beloved food choices and preferred way of living."

Nearly choking on the glass of red wine, I attempt to hide my face. Unfortunately my mother decided to French braid my hair to the side.

They took notes?

"Please forgive me. I know those letters were for my eyes only, but I was desperate. There were hundreds of them and if one letter held your true name I had to find it," he pleads with me. Eyes wide open in fear of pushing me once more away.

"You truly didn't know about them? Not even an inkling?" All my sleepless nights pondering if he hated me and ignored my letters were a waste.

"I wish I would have known, Claudia. I truly do. Our heartache could have been prevented years ago." I knew he spoke the truth. The vulnerability in his eyes scared me. "No I had no idea you were leaving them for me. I would give everything to back and find that first letter of yours."

"What would you have done if you had?" Would he have had his room watched? Guards on the lookout for any female or male leaving a note?

"Honestly I can't say. Maybe have had my room guarded inside and out. Though that probably would have scared you away from leaving a note. After weeks of receiving not a single letter, I would call off the guards. Praying with all my heart you would leave one once you felt safe once again." I could clearly see the helplessness in his eyes and it broke my heart to know I that I was the cause of it.

"And if I did return and place a letter on your pillow for the second time?" I question softly as he pulls out a container of chocolate covered strawberries. Dessert before lunch? I'm liking this date already.

"I would do the only thing I could at the time. Write back and pray for a third and fourth letter." Picking up a strawberry he slowly brings it up to my lips. I felt the fear of embarrassing myself in front of him bubble up my throat.

Without contemplating it further, I take the moist berry into my mouth, biting at the end. Closing my eyes, I sigh at the delicious taste.

As a servant I was lucky to have fresh strawberries once a month, if that. If he treats me to chocolate covered strawberries at least once a week he can have me for life. No questions asked.

"If you continue to moan my sexy little kitten, I will not be held accountable for my actions." Nipping my ear he then proceeds to take a tantalizing bite out of the berry in his hand.

Slowly taking a sip of wine, I try to ease my flustered body. Is this what it feels like to openly flirt? If so, how do women do it all the time? I feel as if I were to be standing up, he would have to support my body as my limbs would be the consistency of Jell-O.

"What if I were to leave you a letter on your pillow tomorrow?" I bravely ask. Would he write me back?

"I would respond with honesty. I don't believe I would leave it on our pillows though. Maybe in a locked drawer to insure the safety of the precious item." The glim in his eyes shock me.

Would he truly? Feeling a little giddy inside, I decide that is exactly what I'll do tonight before going to bed. Though he will have to give me a key first. Shaking that thought away I watch as he places the strawberries away and pulls out a different container. How many does the wicker basket hold?

"I might have ruined lunch with those strawberries, but I couldn't help it. Seeing the pleasure on your face was well worth it." Blushing he opens the first container and I wasn't ashamed when I inhaled the delicious scent of all the differently favored shrimp. "Maybe I haven't ruined it after all."

*********************************

Did you all enjoy it?

I know you all have wanted a little get away for the two.

Did i do ok for their first date? Part 2 will be the next chapter.  

Want to read the whole story plus book 2? Head over to Reamstories.com/Tessat (Link is on my profile here on wattpad) enter the code TRYREAMFORFREE and you will have a whole month to read for free.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1.1K 37
It about Ella, she is from Asian that from borneo. Powerful she-wolf than other. Asian have powerful black magic that have no match with other witch...
343K 13.3K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...
3.7K 73 26
Aurora Daniels was quiet. She never made eye contact with anyone. Never spoke to anything. She was too afraid of what would happen if she did. Growi...
13.1K 399 33
(A/N. I DO NOT own any pictures throughput the book, no copy right intended. Will have Explicit content.) Sweet Katherine, A werewolf vampire hybrid...