A Letter To Every Girl

By makayla_caldwell

If you feel that no one cares,I do,you can come to me. I pinky promise stamp it that I will be there. Enjoy:) More

Letter #1
It's Okay to Not Be Okay
Shout Color
Dear Brother
Beautiful Parts
Society
SHOES AND QUOTES
Motions Of The Heart
Story Of Me: The Lost Daughter
No Control
Memorize
Words
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm A Girl
The Boy With Galaxies For Hands
Untitled
For My Father
Aggravation In A Nation
A Lover Lost
Back Again
What I've Got
19 Year Old Newbie
Bluish
Salvation
Your
Never Finished
How To Propose//How To Shred A Heart
To my future daughter
To The Dylan(s)
Hold To Your Heart
Star Marks
Untitled
Lover Unnamed
Crucify
To The Girls That May One Day Date My Brother
Queen
In Response, "From The Thief"
Blueish Greyish
The Glass In My Chest Shattered
Gwenith Guadeloupe
To The Boy I Still Love
Happiness
Ride Or Die
To No One In Particular
can't-cer
The Search
CARTER
Daisies
CARTER
Hands
Donations
Bullet Shelled Whisper
The Harlot
To Dylan
Don't fall in love with a poet
In Response to "Colours"
She Is Beautiful
The Stars
To Carter
The Beauty Of Red
Bruise and Bleed
Open Letter To Me
When Love Knocks
Guys. This is sweet.
The Hurt
Wedding Bells

To the North Star:

14 2 1
By makayla_caldwell

Dear mom, I cannot tell you how foreign that word sounds on my tongue. How it feels uncomfortable like sleeping on a bed of nails and equally as scary. Angela, mother, thank you for naming me after you, dad and my grandmother who was the few to participate in a sit in and never got recognition. My middle name, you wrote that it was the first thing God had ever given you: Grace. I hear you used to write poems about us, and how the tables turn me writing a poem about you. I know how you were on your death bed months before my fourth birthday and how your body wasn't healthy enough for kids but you gave birth to my older brother Kae'Vaughn Deangelo Davis Caldwell, born with a deformed hand, and me Makayla'Rae Grace Caldwell, born on the brink of death, premature and could fit in the palm of my fathers hand..hands like a pebble compared to yours. Heart beat too rapid, and I think my heart was jumping with joy to finally gaze upon the woman that had housed me, I had spent so much time being cradled in your soul that we were bright yellow, golder than gold.
You left me 18 Indian dolls, collectors items, and when I get the last one it has a note in its hand, and I can't wait until my 18th birthday to read what you had to say to me.
Dear mom, the words are not as foreign, they do not feel like sandpaper, they feel like the missing link in my vocabulary. They sound like a symphony of I love you and I care about you and you mean so much to me. You mean so much to me.
Angela, a angel. My mother, the woman who brought me into this world I hope you're smiling down. From my four year old fantasies I still look up to the stars, and the north one, that shines so much brighter than the rest is you, and one September night on the 23rd day one joined you, right next to you. That is your husband. I hope that one day we are able to form a constellation, they will name us agápi, the Greek word for unconditional love. You will be the last star I see and the first star I see before sunrise, the woman who allowed me to experience a sunrise.
Dear North Star: I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 100 93
This is my poetry and many more to come. thank you for reading . If you feel what I do, then I know it's real. "All poetry is written by me , do not...
2.2K 284 129
Sometimes I just need a way to express how I feel when I can't put it into words, I'm sure we all feel that way whether you're a teen or young adult...
1.7K 53 36
*Completed* This book can best be described as a plethora of my thoughts combined together to form the words that my mouth fails to speak. Before y...
70.7K 2.8K 101
"I know that sometimes for people, I feel like too much; But let me kiss away the phantom pain that the scars remind you of, Let me kiss the burns o...