Zone Zero (Book 1 of 3)

By krystal-44

***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "Wh... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 35

14.4K 750 103
By krystal-44

We run down the corridor as i listen out for any signs of Alex. As we run past a large metal door i feel a rush of pain and stop in my tracks.

"In here." I call to Logan and begin trying to open the door.

It is locked with the only way to get in being a swipe card.

"Good thing i stole this from our friend Max back there." Logan produces a small square of plastic and with a single swipe, the door swings open.

We rush inside and are met with a long narrow corridor filled with metal doors that all lead to small single cells. Each door has the tiniest of peep holes to see whats inside and we make quick work of checking each one.

Each cell holds a starved vampire wearing next to nothing except their sunken skin as it clings to their bones like latex. They recoil at the sound of our footsteps and its clear that they have been here for far too long.

"What have they done to them?" Logan asks but i don't have an answer for him.

Alex. Are you here?

Evie?

I am elated at the sound of his voice in my head and begin searching faster and faster. Logan must know that I have made some sort of discovery as he follows my lead and quickens the pace.

Where are you Alex?

Is that you, Evie? His voice is faint as I fly through the hallway hoping each cell belongs to him.

"Alex? Where are you?" I call out as I continue checking each cell as quick as i can.

Finally I come to his cell. I look inside through the peep hole and am disgusted to see Alex kneeling on the floor wearing only his pants, handcuffed and chained to the floor.

"Alex!"

Swiping the card and pulling the door aside, I burst into the room and throw my arms around him as he tries to do the same but I feel him wince from the movement.

I pull myself away and look down at his hurt body as it is marked with various cuts and burns that don't seem to be healing.

"Oh my god. What did they do to you?" I begin checking each of his wounds to find that they have all stopped bleeding but are healing much slower than usual.

"I'm not healing at my normal rate." His voice is labored as he speaks and I try to hush him to save his energy.

Logan is standing over us with his eyes gapping as he finally sees what Uncle James has been doing to Alex and others like him.

"Uncle James told me he was dead." Logan mutters under his breath and I choose to ignore it.

Logan is obviously worried at the sight of Alex and I don't have time to baby my brother into getting over what he is seeing. He will have to do that on his own.

I look around at Alex's silver plated chains and see that they are all padlocked to the ground along with his handcuffed hands. The silver is beginning to sear into his flesh as I can only imagine the pain comes less and less bearable.

"Logan, we need to find the key." I gaze up at him with worry plastered across my face and he takes action as quickly as possible by running out the door to find the way to unlock the shackles.

"Evie, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." Alex mutters barely audible.

"It's ok. Im fine. A few war wounds but nothing that won't heal. At least I'll have some cool scars to show off." I laugh the fact that I was shot twice off and pretend as though I haven't felt the pain of the bullet holes throb each and every second since they happened. It's amazing how your mind can almost erase the pain you feel when you have bigger things to worry about.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I thought you were dead. I couldn't feel or hear you." I confess to him as tears build up yet again.

"I thought I was at first. They shot me with some sort of drug that paralyzed me completely. I couldn't move or speak but I could feel everything they did to me. They kept me like that for weeks." He is calm as he speaks, almost as though he had already forgotten about it.

I touch his face as he speaks and he rests his cheek in my hand. To touch him again after thinking he was dead feels so amazingly unreal that I have to remind myself what his skin feels like.

I don't hesitate to press my lips to his and he doesn't object. I kiss him sweetly and softly before resting my forehead against his.

I thought you were dead. I begin to cry heavily at the thought of being without Alex forever.

"I didn't think you would miss me this much." He gives me his cheeky smile as he speaks and I struggle to hold my laughter. We both need to laugh in a time like this.

Running footsteps begin to grow louder from the hallway as Logan approaches us. As he comes into sight I see that he has a set of keys and he swiftly begins to unlock Alex.

Within moments Alex is standing as I begin pulling the silver chains from his skin but he still isn't healing properly.

"Your wounds aren't healing." I touch his skin as I speak, dread filling my words.

"I haven't had anything since I was captured. They were starving me to keep me docile."

I gape at him and immediately offer my wrist for him to feed on as I notice Logan watch on confused.

"You need to feed. Feed on me."

Alex grasps my hand gently and slowly punctures my wrist with his teeth. He begins to drink only to pull away just a moment later spitting out my blood onto the floor.

"They have drugged you. I can't drink from you."

We are both in shock as we stare back at each other blankly. I need to find someone for Alex to feed on. How far away was Max and that big oaf from where we are now? They are our only hope.

"What about me?"

Alex and I both turn our heads in sync toward Logan as he stands with the question hanging from his lips.

"I haven't been drugged. What about me?"

"Logan, you don't have to do that." I try to persuade him otherwise but he has that stern look on his face meaning he won't take no for an answer.

"If he has done half of what you say he has, than I owe him one for saving you. It's the least I can do." Logan looks from Alex to me and back again as he speaks.

"Are you sure? You barely know me?" Alex is hesitant for my sake but I know just how thirsty he is. I can feel just how much control it is taking for him and I am instantly grateful that he is able to show so much restraint.

"I know that my sister cares about you a lot. Enough to risk her life for you, so I'm sure I can handle losing a little bit of blood for that." His response is so genuine and pure that I can't help but smile and be proud of my big brother.

Logan follows my actions from earlier and offers his wrist as Alex sinks his teeth in with the same amount of care he did with me. Almost instantly I can see his wounds begin to fade away as he regains his strength. In a just a few seconds, all signs of trauma have been erased as Alex stands tall as though nothing ever happened.

Alex pulls away from Logan's wrist and nods in gratitude toward him.

At that moment an alarm begins to sound throughout the facility as we all look at each other.

"Time to go." Logan announces as he exits the room expecting us to follow suit.

I turn on my heel to keep up with my brother when Alex grabs me by my arm and spins me toward him before parting my lips with his and thrusting his tongue toward mine. He holds me close with one hand at the back of my neck whilst the other casually finds its way to my butt. He holds me in this embrace for a few more lingering moments as I feel myself get lost amongst him.

Slowly he pulls away and without a word punctures his own wrist and forces it against my mouth. I take it willingly as my eyes stay fixated on his. I watch his smile grow as I obey him wordlessly.

We turn to the door together just as Logan enters with three guns in hand. I look at him quizzically, actually stunned that he is ready to kill members of the same army that he has been a part of his entire adult life.

"They are tranquilizer guns. They work almost instantly." He answers my silent question almost as though I spoke it aloud.

"I don't need it." Alex replies and I see a hint of concern streak across Logan's face.

Logan doesn't want anyone to die needlessly. Please don't kill anyone if you don't have to. I make a soundless plea that I know Alex will hear and hope that he will agree with me.

Alex gives off a halfhearted sigh and reaches for the tranquilizer and I note Logan's face fills with relief. He doesn't want any soldiers to get hurt when they are just following orders.

Just so you know, if I come across this Max guy I will kill him with no hesitation. He doesn't deserve to live after what he has done to you. Alex locks eyes with me as his words fill my head and I realize that he already knows about my previous encounter with Max. I rub my neck softly and give off a soft smile. I am touched by his need to protect me.

We make our way back down the hallway which we came from and come across a room full of lockers and hanging coats as Alex stops and retrieves a grey t-shirt and black hooded jacket and slides them on, covering his perfectly sculpted body.

I pout a little at the sight of Alex's body being covered up and he in turn gives me a wink and his signature cheeky smile.

When we get out of this, I intend to be naked with you for a whole week.

I giggle as his thoughts invade my mind and am thankful that he didn't say it aloud.

"You two ready? This is going to be one hell of a fight." Logan suggests as we reach the door.

"Logan. I bet I can take down more guards than you." Alex wagers.

"I'm a pretty good shot."

"So am I."

"You're on pretty boy." Logan accepts Alex's challenge with a grin and they shake hands like true gentlemen.

I shake my head in disbelief at the sight of my brother and my vampire lover taking to each other so quickly and decide to get myself ready for what will happen next.

I slide the door open and we make our way down the hallway as the siren screams over the top of us.

No soldiers are in sight as we make our way down the narrow stretch until we round a corner and are caught off guard by four burly men as they march toward us.

As though they were in sync, Alex and Logan both put a protective hand on each of my shoulders and push me behind them so that they stand ready to fight.

I hold onto my gun and aim as Logan and Alex set off their first shots as the tranquilizers spiral through the air and hit each target they aim for. The sound of guns going off ring through the air and I hope that there are no other guards around in earshot.

Everything happens so fast as Logan and Alex continue to take men down with their perfect aim. They are both such good shots that I don't even have to use my gun at all.

Before I know it we are standing in a pit of wakeless bodies as Alex and Logan eye each other off intently.

"3." Alex proclaims.

"No way, that last one was mine. Its 2 all." Logan responds in a serious manner.

I laugh under my breath and shake my head at the thought of these two having made a game about shooting soldiers. At least they aren't real bullets I guess.

Logan pulls out more tranquilizer bullets and begins loading his gun again while Alex finds his way to one the sleeping soldiers and takes their gun.

"Hey, I don't want anyone to die. They are just doing what they have been ordered to." Logan protests to Alex.

"I understand what you mean Logan but I don't know if you realized, they are not shooting tranqs at us. They shot real bullets. If a bullet hits me, it stings like hell but I heal fast. You two on the other hand, don't." Alex closes the distance between us and grasps my hand and places the handgun in it.

"If they want a real fight, I intend to give it to them. I have a few scores to settle." He looks directly at me as he speaks and all I hear from Logan is a sigh of defeat. He knows that Alex is right. These soldiers have been ordered to kill on sight and they will not hesitate.

As much as it pains him to do so, Logan raids another few sleeping soldiers and takes their handguns and a few extra bullets. Neither of us want to actually kill anybody but if it is how Alex says, us or them, then I guess we really have no choice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 21.6K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
210K 6.1K 28
Alec's hand gripped my wrist hard, "You're coming with me back to my pack." He stated. "No, I'm not." I pushed myself to say this. His nails were now...
85.3K 5.1K 50
| COMPLETED | ~ | Chapters are being Edited | #Wattys2020 ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• He was a soldier, running towar...
2K 238 14
"Oh Vixen, I'm not going to kill you, No. That would be too easy, I'm going to rip you apart...I'll break your spirit and see you crumple at my feet...