Worlds Colliding (The Origina...

By heartofice97

All rights go the creators of The Originals and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. he... More

characters & trailer
main character theme songs/ships & outfit links
chapter 1 - Gather Up the Killers
chapter 2 - No Quarter
chapter 3 - Haunter of Ruins
chapter 4 - Keepers of the House
chapter 5 - I Hear You Knocking
chapter 6 - Bag of Cobras
chapter 7 - High Water and a Devil's Daughter
chapter 8 - Voodoo In My Blood
chapter 9 - Queen Death
chapter 10 - Phantomesque
chapter 12 - Voodoo Child
chapter 13 - The Feast of All Sinners
Bloopers

chapter 11 - A Spirit Here That Won't Be Broken

1.1K 23 33
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 4.07 "High Water and a Devil's Daughter", in the alley, The Hollow reached out to grab Caitlin by the head, slowly entering her body to possess her, but not before a birthmark like Mikayla, Hayley and Hope's was seen on her shoulder through the black smoke and blue light. Caitlin slumped forward when the Hollow took possession of her. She looked around curiously, tilting her head. She let her eyes glow blue, smirking slightly, letting the blue glow fade from her eyes.

Hayley: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Originals)"

From 4.09 "Queen Death", in the abandoned house, Elijah was trapped in a boundary spelled salt circle, writhing in pain with the cursed weapon in his back.

Caitlin/The Hollow stood with him. "When you die, so too does your entire sireline." She tilted her head, letting her eyes glow blue. "The great sacrifice which will return me to flesh and blood."

From 4.09 "Queen Death", in the compound, Kassandra, Klaus, Freya, Hayley, Mikayla, Kaylin and Nicola were talking about the other part of their plan for that night concerning Elijah.

Freya was holding the pendant. "If Elijah is going to die one way or another, then I can try placing his soul inside the pendant."

From 4.09 "Queen Death", in the abandoned house, Klaus, Freya, Nicola, Kaylin, Kassandra, Hayley and Mikayla walked up to the boundary spell but couldn't get inside. Freya continued her spell to pull Elijah's soul into the talisman to save him; as she did, the pendant glowed blue, while Elijah writhed in pain as his soul was being torn out of his body while the Hollow was killing him. Elijah slowly died in front of them, his skin desiccating as he drifted off into death. 

From 4.09 "Queen Death", in the bayou woods, Inadu, in flesh and blood, pulled herself out of the tree, completely naked, covered in what seemed to be goo or slime.

Auria: (voice over from 4.09 Queen Death) "The spirit that's been haunting this city has gained the power that it needs to be reborn in the flesh."

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in the warehouse, Kacie and Eliza were talking.

Kacie turned to Eliza. "So, Eliza, you were helping Kol and Rebekah for a while now."

"Yeah," Eliza agreed. "I know what you're getting at, Kacie, and nothing happened between me and Kol like that. We're friends. We had a lot to do and a couple of people to help."

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", outside the compound, Hayley smiled. Riley placed a hand on either of her cheeks to kiss her passionately for the first time. Hayley returned the kiss in kind.

From 4.08 "Voodoo In My Blood", in the compound, Kacie and Mikayla were sitting on the couch, drinking and talking.

"I can't help but wonder what Tyler would think of all of this," Kacie told her.

"Wouldn't he want you and Tory to fight for your family and somehow find peace again?" Mikayla asked. Kacie looked at Mikayla, nodding. "He would be proud of all of you, Kacie."

Kacie was relieved and touched for Mikayla's advice and the reassuring words she said, smiling a small smile. Mikayla smiled knowingly, sympathetically and understandingly.

From 4.09 "Queen Death", in Elijah's study, Kassandra, Klaus, Freya, Hayley, Mikayla, Hope, Kaylin, Nicola and Rae were all gathered around the pendant. Rae lightly put a finger on the broken pieces of the pendant, psychically seeing into the pendant and Elijah's mind like a vision from the pendant to Rae, who passed it on to Hope, who passed it on to Freya.

Kassandra: (voice over from 4.09 Queen Death) "My brother's soul is in that pendant. We need to bring him back."

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in the coffin room, Rebekah and Freya stood next to Elijah's body.

"His original body is where he belongs," Freya told her. "And now that his mind is stable within the pendant, I can bring him back. I just need a large enough sacrifice."

"You're thinking what I'm thinking?" Rebekah asked.

"We use Auria and Lindsey's weapon to kill the Hollow, save our brother," Freya answered.

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in the cemetery, Auria, Marcel, Luke, Lindsey and Ryan were in Lafayette Cemetery. Auria and Lindsey were standing at the alter, coating the thorned stake weapon in the Hollow's and Nicola's blood so they could remake the weapon to where it would harm Inadu, reverse engineering the blood to try and find a cure for Caitlin.

Marcel placed a tray that contained vials of venom on the alter next to them. "Venom from Tory, Kacie, Mikayla, Hayley, Riley, Luke and Ryan, in case you guys need it to make the weapon all-powerful to kill the Hollow."

Ryan nodded. "Added with her blood and Nicola's blood and your magic, it should kill her."

"If we can get close enough to use it," Luke told them.

"That's why we have Nicola Salvatore, the Huntress immune to magic, stab the all-powerful witch," Marcel told them. "If anyone can get close enough to kill Inadu, it's Nicola."

"And a weapon like this being used to kill something like Inadu, it would create a massive surge of power," Lindsey told them. "A strong enough sacrifice than can bring Elijah back from the dead, and then some."

Auria was thinking. "Like Davina."

"You're saying there's a chance to bring your friend Davina back?" Ryan asked.

"Might be a chance," Auria corrected. "Her soul may be too shredded for me to bring her back even if I used the power of the Hollow's death, if we can kill her. But I have to try."

"So you're saying don't get your hopes up but have a little faith?" Luke asked. "Story of our lives."

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in Noah/Caitlin's apartment, Noah and Caitlin were lying in bed.

Noah was holding Caitlin's weak form in his arms to keep her awake so she didn't fall back into a coma. "Auria and Lindsey are reverse-engineering the Hollow's blood to find a way to cure you. We're gonna save you. I promise."

"The Hollow is unlike anything we've ever faced before," Caitlin told him. "We can't do this on our own. We're going to need all the allies we can get. Or else this fight's over before it starts."

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", outside the penthouse building, Kassandra looked confused as to how she got there, looking at the penthouse building in front of her.

"Confused as to how you came here, Kassandra?" Inadu asked. "I lured you here... again, without you knowing. What if I told you that I already brought Lucien back to life and mended his mind?"

From 4.10 "Phantomesque", in Lucien's Penthouse, Lucien was inside a circle of salt, trapped there, shirtless, in jeans. He had the same slit mark on his hand that Inadu did.

Kassandra rushed inside, shocked to see him. "Lucien."

Kassandra tried to walk into the salt circle, but couldn't pass the barrier.

Lucien was just as affected to see her as she was to see him, but he was no longer twisted from mind compulsion, control, or a hex. He was himself. "Kassandra." 

Inadu walked in. Lucien and Kassandra glared at her.

Inadu showed them the cut on her hand. "He and I are now linked." Kassandra turned to look at the cut on Lucien's hand, that wasn't healing because of the Hollow. She turned to Inadu. "So, if you want to keep him safe, then you belong to me."

Kassandra glared at Inadu furiously, though she was relieved to have Lucien back, worried about what could happen to both of them now.

----~----

Day One

Morning - Lucien's Penthouse

(Song:) Closer J2 feat. Keeley Bumford

Lucien was spelled into the penthouse, but no longer trapped in a boundary spell.

Kassandra walked closer, managing a small, nervous smile. "It's good to see the real you again."

"What do you mean, 'real me'?" Lucien asked. Kassandra looked down, a little nervous about explaining the things that she had seen. Lucien was concerned because Kassandra had never been nervous before. "Kassandra?"

Kassandra looked up, sighing. "The Ancestors, and the Hollow... they gave me visions and hallucinations of you, to try to bend me to their will. Antagonizing me with you, viciously, I might add, to force me to attack my family... and turn off my humanity so that I would try to kill them." Lucien looked worried and concerned by this, a little guilty at the thought of even a hallucination of him causing her pain. Kassandra knew that he would feel this way, shaking her head. "I know it wasn't you. And I am thrilled to have you back, Lucien. I'm ecstatic."

"But?" Lucien asked.

Kassandra sighed. "But the Hollow brought you back. She linked you to her. You have no idea what we're dealing with."

Lucien managed a small smile, trying to make her feel better. "Hasn't stopped me before."

Kassandra gave him a half-amused look. "I've wanted you back for so long, but..."

"But you couldn't take the Hollow's deal without making everything worse, for you, me and your family," Lucien finished. "I understand, Sandra."

"But she's brought you back to force my hand," Kassandra told him. "This is the same spirit that almost made me kill my brother and is the reason I had myself locked away behind a boundary spell so that I wouldn't hurt anyone else, taunting me with visions and hallucinations of you, promising to bring you back if I joined her side... After everything she did, I want to kill her. But I can't if you're linked to her."

Lucien walked closer reassuringly. "We'll figure it out, darling. We always do."

Kassandra slowly nodded.

Lucien was gazing off, seeing memories of what happened and what he had done, overwhelmed, though he was in control of himself and his thoughts. He was devastated at the thought of causing so much pain and grief when it came to Kassandra.

Kassandra was worried about him and what he was going through. "What are you seeing?"

"What I've done," Lucien answered. "It's like... seeing a movie in my head, instead of my own life. I can't believe that I would..."

Kassandra shook her head, walking closer, looking Lucien in the eyes. "Don't." Lucien looked at her, his eyes glassy with tears. "I know that you blame yourself for everything, the same thing I did when I came back. Don't do that."

"I remember everything, Kassandra," Lucien told her. "I even remember Rosalita getting into my head. I remember it all. The things that I did, to you, to your family... I never wanted to do those things. Never. Please believe that."

"I do believe that," Kassandra told him softly, starting to form tears in her eyes. "I know, Lucien. I know that everything you did, it wasn't because of you. You have to believe that, too. Otherwise you won't be able to forgive yourself or move on."

"From someone who knows what I'm going through because she's been going through it herself," Lucien told her. Kassandra looked at him sadly, nodding barely. Lucien was filled with self-loathing and guilt, tears in his eyes. "I am so sorry, Kassandra. I am more sorry than I've ever imagined that I could be. Please forgive me. I know that I don't deserve your forgiveness, but..." Kassandra managed a small smile at the irony, looking down. "What?"

Kassandra looked up. "When I was saved by my family, from the hex, and my emotions came back, I didn't think that I deserved forgiveness, either. But they still forgave me, for everything, even if I didn't forgive myself. Even if you don't believe that you deserve my forgiveness, you already have it, because I know that what happened is not because of you. I need you to believe that."

Lucien was incredibly relieved, letting a few tears fall, sighing heavily. Kassandra smiled a small smile.

Inadu walked in. "It is very emotional in here. I was wishing for that to be the case."

Kassandra turned to glare at Inadu. "I asked for some time with him alone before you use me to do your dirty work. You've been dead for 1500 years. I'm sure you can spare an hour."

"Every second counts if you want to keep Lucien breathing," Inadu told her.

Lucien rolled his eyes. "Oh, lovely. What is it you need, then? Is she to handle your errands? Or your laundry?"

Inadu looked at Kassandra. "It's actually quite simple. I have long wanted to be mortal, but now that I am alive, I can die. In fact, your own family is relentless in their quest to kill me."

"Look, if you want me to put in a good word, that ship has sailed," Kassandra told her.

"I've already taken precautions to protect myself," Inadu told her. "Such as, I brought Lucien back as a beast, as your equal, so that when I linked myself to him, I would be rendered unkillable." Kassandra glared at Inadu, while Lucien rolled his eyes. "I also have a totem that magnifies my power to what it is today." Inadu looked at Lucien. "You will safeguard my totem and remain linked to me..." She looked at Kassandra. "Until I'm done with you and your family. But even with the totem and the link, I am at a disadvantage with your friend the Huntress."

Kassandra rolled her eyes. "Of course you would need my help against Nicola Salvatore. She's immune to your magic, and her blood can kill you, along with Auria and Lindsey's weapon, and you need my help to fight Nicola because only a Mikaelson has the strength to stand a fight against her without getting slaughtered. And being that I am stronger than any of my siblings and have the venom to kill them, because I am now also a beast, I also have the means to kill Nicola."

Lucien was confused. "Huntress? Auria and Lindsey's weapon? You don't mean Lindsey Davis, do you?"

"Lindsey Davis-Thompson, and yes," Kassandra answered. "Lindsey married her werewolf, Ryan Thompson, and had two children, Emma and Danny, half-witch, half-werewolf. Even Kaylin has a daughter now. Rae."

"How does Kaylin have a daughter?" Lucien asked. "Who's Rae? Since when did Nicola get so strong? What the bloody hell is going on with the Salvatore girls?"

Kassandra looked over her shoulder toward Lucien. "You've missed a lot the past five years, darling."

"You are a clever girl, even if you are half-mad," Inadu told her. "You know how Nicola loses control in kills of those she hates, and she loathes me. The link to your love protects me from death, but it does not protect either of us from suffering. If you falter, if any harm comes my way, Lucien will suffer with me. And should you fail me, I will reverse my spell that brought him back to life and return him to ash."

Lucien and Kassandra glared at her.

(Song Ends)

----

Worlds Colliding (The Originals)

----

Abattoir Compound - Hope's Bedroom

Hope was standing at the window, looking outside, listening to the silent nothing in the Quarter.

Klaus slowly walked in behind her.

Hope knew he was there without looking at him. "The Hollow, she's getting stronger."

"You can sense her?" Klaus asked.

"When we first got here, there was always music outside," Hope told him. "People dancing, laughing. But since she came back, it's so quiet. Like she's draining everything out of the city." She turned toward Klaus, walking closer. "She already hurt Aunt Sandra, and took Uncle Elijah. And soon she will come for the rest of us."

Klaus knelt in front of his daughter, holding her shoulders. "Listen, Hope, I know you're scared. But over the years, a lot of bad people have stood against our family, and all of them have fallen. The Hollow is no different."

"No, she is different," Hope told him.

Klaus looked concerned by how worried Hope was.

----

Coffin Room

Nicola was standing next to Elijah's coffin, looking at his desiccated body, looking at him sadly. She heard a crackling noise, looking toward where the pendant that held his soul was hanging from a candelabra, walking closer to pick the pendant up, looking at the talisman to see that it was starting to crack, knowing that it was not good, walking hurriedly and worriedly out of the room.

----

Noah/Caitlin's Apartment - Living Room

Noah was watching over a nearly asleep Caitlin, keeping her awake.

Tory was siphoning the magic of the Hollow out of Caitlin to keep her awake and alive, but it didn't cure her.

Marcel was watching worriedly, while Lindsey and Auria were working over Inadu's blood to reverse engineer it into a cure.

Eliza, Tory, Lindsey, Kacie, Luke and Ryan were getting ready to leave with the thorn stake.

Caitlin looked at them weakly, swallowing. "We're not getting any closer to a cure, are we?"

"Yes, we are," Marcel answered. "We just need more power."

"What kind of power?" Noah asked.

"The kind of power we can only get from the Ancestors," Auria answered. "There's only one that will want to save Caitlin, because Davina's her best friend."

"So Auria's going to try to summon Davina and channel her to cure you," Lindsey told her.

"There's the little problem of the Ancestors may not allowing Davina to help," Luke told them.

Eliza gave him a look. "Luke. Seriously. Learn to filter what you say."

"No, it's okay, Eliza," Caitlin told her. "I want the truth, and most people are scared to give it to me, but Luke's not."

Luke smirked a little, sympathetic but trying to lighten the mood for everyone to make it easier. "Well, luckily, I'm not most people."

Noah looked at Caitlin. "Whatever we have to do, we're going to figure out a way to get you out of this. There's no way I'm losing you."

"Eliza, Kacie, Luke, Ryan and I are gonna take the stake to the Mikaelsons so that we can go after Inadu to kill her and hopefully have all of this behind us," Tory told them. "Lindsey's gonna stay with Hope, Rae, Emma and Danny. And once again, a Forbes, two Lockwoods, and the Davis-Thompsons get willingly pulled into Salvatore-Mikaelson situations."

"I believe what Tory is trying to say is, wish us luck," Kacie told them.

Caitlin managed a small smile, nodding.

"Yeah, good luck," Marcel told them.

"We're gonna need it," Kacie told them. "We're gonna finish this. Soon. Promise."

Auria looked at the others. "Thank you guys, for everything. Really. You can say whatever you want about your families being involved in a millennium old battle against the Hollow, but you don't have to help us try to save Caitlin."

"Yeah," Noah agreed. "Thank you, so much."

Lindsey smiled a small smile. "There's no way that we could let somebody die because of this thing. Not if we can save them."

Caitlin smiled weakly in appreciation. "Thank you."

They nodded.

Marcel smirked. "Go ahead. We'll summon Davina and save Caitlin."

"We're not the only ones that need good luck, so good luck to you, too," Ryan told them.

"See you guys when the morning comes," Eliza told them, walking out of the apartment.

Tory, Luke, Lindsey, Ryan and Kacie nodded to them, picking up the thorn stake, following Eliza, leaving.

----

Abattoir Compound - Ballroom

Kol, Rebekah, Klaus, Kaylin, Nicola, Freya, Hayley, Mikayla and Riley were gathered around the table in the ballroom.

"Rebekah and I need to go out there, try to find Kassandra," Kol told them.

"Kassandra was supposed to return home but never did, and now Kol's worried, as am I," Rebekah told them.

Klaus sighed. "Now, what's the problem here?"

Freya was holding the cracking pendant. "Despite the spell the children and I cast, the very integrity of the pendant is growing unstable." She put the pendant down on notes scribbled in what seemed to be Arabic. "It won't be able to hold Elijah's soul much longer. We need to find a way to resurrect him tonight, or we could lose him forever."

"To do that, we'll need more power," Hayley told them.

"Let me guess, a grand sacrifice," Kaylin told them.

"I say we kill our enemy, and sacrifice her, and then I can channel the power from the Hollow's death, raise Elijah's body and place him back where he belongs," Freya told them.

"We've tried everything," Mikayla told them.

Eliza, Kacie, Tory, Luke, Lindsey and Ryan walked in.

"Then you're in luck," Tory told them. She held up the thorn stake, handing it to Freya. Freya took it, looking it over in awe, impressed. "Auria and Lindsey finished the weapon."

"Infused with Auria's magic, magic from my, Kol, Lindsey and Ryan's dark objects, the venom of Tory, Hayley, Mikayla, Kacie, Luke, Ryan and Riley, from the Lockwood, Labonair, Thompson and Grey bloodlines that the Hollow and Rosalita created, the Hollow's blood, and Nicola's blood, all on a weapon made by Inadu herself added with Rayvnne, Donovan/Luna and Davis magic," Eliza told them.

"I say it has poetry to that," Lindsey told them smugly.

"A bit overkill, don't you think?" Riley asked.

"No," Kacie answered. "No, Riley, I think it's just the perfect amount of kill."

"We were all worried that whatever weapon we used wouldn't kill the Hollow," Ryan told them. "We made a weapon that will, without a doubt, kill her."

"But it can't just be anybody who uses it," Kacie told them. "Not all of us can get close enough to the Hollow to use it."

"In other words, Kacie means, not all of us are immune to magic and the Hollow's mind games," Tory told them.

Everyone looked at Nicola.

Nicola smirked, walking closer to take the thorn stake from Freya, holding it up for everyone to see, looking it over. "All right. I can use this to take the Hollow down. No promises that I won't lose control on her. Even if she's not a vampire, she messed with all of us, and made all of us suffer and angry. I intend to make her suffer."

The others were impressed, smirking.

Luke chuckled. "Awesome. Yeah, let's do it."

"First, we have to find the Hollow," Freya told them. "I'll be back."

Freya walked out of the room.

----

Study 

Freya was standing over a table, casting a locator spell. "Dauha naer do smrti. Dauha naer do smrti. Dauha naer do smrti."

Rebekah and Kol walked closer.

"It's a rather odd locator spell," Kol told her.

"I used a more simple locator spell to trace Kassandra for you, since you were both worried about her," Freya explained.

"And?" Rebekah asked.

"And Kassandra is at the same place she always goes to after a fight with one of her family, to cool down and have time to think before she comes back," Freya answered. "She's at Lucien's penthouse. Kassandra's fine."

Kol sighed, nodding. "Lucien's loft is a morbid place to go after a family fight, but what do we expect from the likes of Kassandra? But we made up immediately after the fight, so why would she go there when she didn't need to cool down?"

"I don't know, Kol," Freya told him.

"Maybe because talking about Lucien and other Mikaelson exes made Kassandra want to go there, yours specifically," Rebekah told him. "Davina, Rosalita. Maybe now that Eliza Forbes is in the city for a little while longer..."

Kol smirked in amusement. "Rebekah, you are just as bad as Kassandra is about teasing me about Eliza Forbes and other Mikaelson exes."

Rebekah and Freya smiled.

"Now that we know where Kassandra is, I'm trying to trace the Hollow's magic," Freya explained. "I almost have it." The Ouroboros sigil appeared on a spot on the map. "She's in the garden district."

"That's the LaForge House," Rebekah told them. "At one time, it was the center of high society, but that all changed when Dr. LaForge tortured and killed his friends and family. Claimed until his dying day that an evil spirit made him do it. That house has been derelict ever since."

"The perfect lair for someone who relishes tragedy," Kol told them. Another, smaller Ouroboros sigil appeared across the map from the larger one where the Hollow was indicated. "What's that?"

"If the serpent at the LaForge House represents the Hollow herself, then this must be some sort of totem she's using to magnify her power and protect herself," Freya answered. "Dahlia used to use these when she was up to something particularly awful. It will render the Hollow all powerful. We will have to destroy it before we face her."

"Lovely," Kol told them sarcastically, pulling out his phone. "I could do with some fresh air, and some fresh blood."

Kol made a call.

Freya folded up the map to give to Rebekah and Kol. "Take the map. It's been spelled to track the totem. Don't go alone."

"One step ahead of you, Freya," Kol told her. He heard the call pick up. "Kassandra, don't you think that going to your dead lover's loft for thinking is a bit morbid?"

Kassandra was in the hallway of the penthouse. "Hello to you too, Kol. Let me guess. You had Freya cast a locator spell to find me once you and Rebekah began to worry. Don't be worried. I just needed to think."

"And that's what Freya said to ease our minds as well," Kol told her. "Last night, you told me that you were going to be on your way home."

"Yes, well, I needed more time to myself," Kassandra told him, sighing.

"And you haven't been answering your phone why?" Kol asked.

Kassandra looked down in guilt, but knew she was being watched by the Hollow, so she had to lie. "My phone died. What's up?"

"Something's floating around with a trinket that's fueling our enemy's power," Kol answered. "What say you help me and exterminate this scoundrel?"

"I'd love nothing better," Kassandra told him.

"Perfect," Kol told her. They hung up. Kassandra clearly felt guilty, but didn't want to lose Lucien again, clearly having a plan to double cross the Hollow already in mind. Hope and Rae walked in to join Rebekah, Kol and Freya. Kol saw them. "Oh. Hope, Rae, hi."

"Lindsey and Ryan just brought Emma and Danny," Hope told them. "Lindsey's gonna stay and watch us while she fixes stuff to help Aunt Sandra and Nikki."

Rebekah smiled. "That sounds like fun."

"Maybe, but Rae, Emma, Danny and I are bored, and we want something to do," Hope told them.

Kol knelt in front of them. "Hey, you know what I used to do, when I was bored at your age? Magic."

"Hope, Emma and Danny can do magic," Rae told them. "I can get into people's heads and release bombs."

"I guarantee you can do more than just that, Rae," Kol told her. "You are a Salvatore psychic. Kaylin said that you received your powers from Cade, who could bring people back from the dead with just a thought, create fires and earthquakes with his mind, and give psychic powers to others. And you've no doubt heard in our memories what Rosalita was able to do when she was just an immortal psychic. What do you think you'll be able to do?"

Rebekah smiled. "Kol, don't give Rae any ideas. Like you said, she is a Salvatore, so of course she could get a dangerous idea like the rest of us."

"I'm just being honest," Kol told them. Freya chuckled. Kol looked at Hope and Rae. "All magic is rooted in psychic energy, and the two of you are unique in your own. As well are Emma and Danny Davis-Thompson. You could be the most powerful creatures of all time."

Hope and Rae smiled.

Freya and Rebekah were impressed with how sweet and adorable Kol was with the girls, smiling.

----

Lucien's Penthouse

(Song:) Can You Hold Me? - NF feat. Britt Nicole

Kassandra walked into the penthouse to join Lucien.

"What are we to do now?" Lucien asked.

"My family has been trying to help me with my own mind," Kassandra told him. "They have all they need to mend me, they just need time to make it right. We don't need the Hollow, Lucien. All we need to do is leave here."

Lucien looked nervous. "Your family. What will they think now that I'm back from the dead... again?"

Kassandra was trying to make him feel better. "Well, Nik and Kol might make a joke about how you don't know how to stay dead." Lucien chuckled, nearly laughing at that, making Kassandra smile. "I don't care what they will think, because all that matters is that I have you back. And I am going to free you from the Hollow. I just need the help of my family and friends to do it."

"Your friends?" Lucien repeated.

"Yes," Kassandra answered. "Due to Kaylin, Nicola and Rae now being with my family now, apart of our family, and because of mind control of Rosalita and Sirens to see things the way we do, realizing that we're all more alike than we thought, the friends of the Salvatores have come to help us, and help Marcel Gerard, Noah Dumaine, Caitlin Harris and Auria Rayvnne, in more than one way since all of this with the Hollow began. It's their friends that helped save my family from my venom and poison, actually. Tory Donovan, Kacie Lockwood, Luke and Ryan Thompson, Lindsey Davis-Thompson, Lindsey and Ryan who brought their children Emma and Danny here to the city for Hope and Rae's company, and Eliza Forbes, Kol's ex crush that is starting to look more like his girlfriend as time goes on."

Lucien chuckled in amusement. "Yes, I remember Tory Donovan and Lindsey Davis-Thompson, the Doppelganger witches. Tory is Rosalita's Doppelganger." Kassandra nodded. "Luke and Ryan Thompson are the two Basroq wolves, right, the sons of Malik, who I killed when I was under Rosalita's mind control?" Kassandra nodded sadly in answer. "Shocking that a Doppelganger witch like Lindsey has had children with a royalty wolf like Ryan, creating these kids Emma and Danny, but not as shocking as everything else in our lives. And then you've told me about Eliza Forbes before I even died, how she was one of your only friends after being undaggered. Kacie Lockwood is Tory's sister, yes, another hybrid?"

"Yeah," Kassandra answered. "Even Hayley Marshall has a new werewolf boyfriend, someone Mikayla Labonair saved from the Hollow, named Riley Grey, who helped us save Caitlin Harris from being possessed by the Hollow."

Lucien was stunned. "Caitlin Harris was the Hollow?"

"Possessed by, yes," Kassandra corrected. "The way we expelled the Hollow from Caitlin's body was amazing. It was a sight to see. Me, Noah Dumaine, Hayley, Mikayla, Kacie, Tory, Luke, Ryan, Riley..."

Lucien smiled a bit in amusement to her rambling, but knowing it was because of her damaged mind, was also worried and concerned. "Seems like Kaylin, Nicola and Rae Salvatore joining your Mikaelson family was probably one of the best things that have happened to your family, given your family's list of allies now, all of whom are quite capable of themselves." Kassandra smiled. "And though you did explain how Nicola became the Huntress and how she became so strong, you never did explain about how the hell Kaylin has a daughter now and what Rae is."

Kassandra smirked. "I will explain that later, because that is a very long story. But all of them can help us, all of them."

"You mean by breaking the link between me and that monster?" Lucien asked. "How do you expect we go about that?"

"Well, Tory's a tribrid now," Kassandra explained. "She can siphon the spell away to free you." Kassandra pulled Lucien closer to hold his hands. "I am going to save you. I will not lose you again. I can't. I won't."

Lucien smiled, pulling Kassandra into his arms, holding her in relief, able to finally relax when he held her in his arms. Kassandra returned the embrace, taking a deep, shaky breath of relief, as if she could finally breathe again. After a moment, they pulled away, looking at each other, smiling small smiles.

"Don't worry about me, my love," Lucien told her. Kassandra was even more relieved to hear the real him call her that again, closing her eyes, sighing. "We are equals now, even if what happened was tragedy. We're stronger. We can handle ourselves."

"Now so can the Hollow," Kassandra told him. "If we're to kill her, we have to break the link that protects her."

Lucien brushed back Kassandra's hair comfortingly, caressing her cheek, holding her. "We'll finish this. I promise."

Kassandra smiled a small smile, nodding in agreement, content and happy with having Lucien back with her. They looked at each other for a long moment that was filled with intense longing and relief. Lucien still had his hand on her cheek, kissing her passionately, sweetly and slowly. Kassandra returned the kiss in kind, holding him close. They pulled away after a moment, looking at each other in a mixture of love, relief, and happiness.

(Song Ends)

Inadu walked in, interrupting the moment and annoying both Kassandra and Lucien. "I wouldn't make promises you can't keep. I need your help now. Kassandra, come with me."

Kassandra turned to glare at Inadu. "You want me to hurt Nicola while you hurt others I love? No."

Inadu gave Kassandra a look, using magic to get into her head again, causing her great pain, making her hold her head.

Lucien was concerned and worried, holding Kassandra, glaring at Inadu. "What are you doing to her?"

"Preying on the weaknesses in her mind left by the hex and making them worse to make her a bit more cooperative," Inadu answered. "Your darling Kassandra was left vulnerable to a hex for five years, and it changed the very chemistry of her brain to where she is not as mentally strong as she used to be. Or emotionally, for that matter. She was healing from the damage when I first got a hold of her. The only reason her mind hasn't healed completely on its own without help is because I refuse to let it do so, so I can use her for my means. If you both want to protect her sanity, thereby protecting others from the possibility of her lashing out and killing, and if you want to be free of me, then obey me."

Kassandra and Lucien glared at Inadu as she continued to cause Kassandra mental and magical agony.

----~----

Abandoned House - Outside

Kol approached the same abandoned house from 4.01, 4.02, 4.05 and 4.07 with the map.

Eliza appeared. "You're not seriously going in there alone, are you?"

"No, I was waiting for Kassandra, or you," Kol answered. "Thanks for meeting me, Eliza."

"You call, I come," Eliza told him. "That's what friends do. Told you it would be nice to have one, Kol, even if you think you don't need one."

"Funny," Kol told her sarcastically. Eliza smiled. "The Hollow has some acolyte protecting a totem that magnifies her power. Trouble is, we have to end this tonight. Nicola's got the means, the only one who can get close enough to use Auria and Lindsey's weapon. We just need to make sure she's vulnerable. You don't have to put yourself in danger like this."

"What kind of friend would I be if I left you here alone until Kassandra gets here?" Eliza asked, walking fearlessly up the stairs toward the door.

Kol was impressed and amused, smirking, following her.

----

Inside - Living Room

Kol and Eliza walked into the living room of the abandoned house, looking around.

"Your family pretty much runs this city," Eliza told him. "Along with Caitlin, Auria, Marcel and Noah. Marcel's the King of the Quarter, Noah's the prince, Caitlin's the princess, and Auria's the queen of the witches. And the Mikaelsons rule the city with Harris, Rayvnne, Gerard and Dumaine. Why don't you guys condemn this dump?"

"I'm not really focused on the house, darling," Kol told her. Eliza smirked slightly. They heard footsteps creaking. "Kassandra? Are you here? You were supposed to wait for me. Did you get bored and impatient, Sandra?"

Lucien stepped into view from behind the wall. "That does sound like Kassandra." Eliza was confused as to who he was, having never seen Lucien before, but was cautious. Kol looked at Lucien in complete and utter shock. "Hello, Kol."

"Lucien," Kol told him.

Eliza looked at Kol in shock. "The Lucien?"

Lucien smirked. "Yes. The Lucien, I guess." Kol rolled his eyes. "Eliza Forbes, right? Kassandra's told me all about you and the current influx of friends due to the Salvatore girls being with the Mikaelsons. Kassandra told me all about your ex crush relationship with Kol, Eliza, and your friendship now, and even how you were the one that shot their mother with a crossbow and killed her when you were still human back in Mystic Falls. That's quite impressive, if you ask me."

Lucien stepped closer.

Kol stood between Lucien and Eliza, trying to step forward, realizing that they were trapped beneath a circle that was on the ceiling. "What..."

"What the hell?" Eliza asked. "A dark object? Seriously?"

"Lucien, what the bloody hell is going on?" Kol asked. "Where is Kassandra?"

"Kassandra is fine, Kol," Lucien told him. "Just in a bit of a situation. As am I."

"She gave into the Hollow, didn't she?" Kol asked. "That's why you're back."

"No, she did not give in," Lucien answered. "She has every intention of destroying the Hollow, who brought me back as the beast that I was before my power was taken away when I died, linking me to her so that the only way I could die is if the Hollow dies, forcing Kassandra's hand, making her play by her rules."

Kol and Eliza were horrified, but not shocked that the Hollow had done this, frustrated.

"Like Klaus and Alex," Eliza told them. "When they were linked, before we found out that a stake couldn't kill Alex while she was linked, that only white oak could. When the link was broken, Alex could be killed by normal wood again. The totem enhances the Hollow's power. The link to an Enhanced Original makes her unkillable."

Lucien nodded. "Kassandra is trying to find a way to break the link so we can still kill the Hollow."

"We destroy the totem, and she's back to normal power," Eliza told them. "We break the link, and she's back to being killable."

Lucien smirked, impressed. "Clever girl." He looked at Kol. "I see why you like Eliza Forbes so much. You care for so little, that it's hard not to notice when you do." Eliza looked at Kol, but Kol looked away. "The other downside is that the Hollow's been toying further with Kassandra's mind when she refuses to obey, which makes her worse. The sooner we end this, the sooner we can save her from being destroyed completely."

"Then what is with the bloody boundary spell?" Kol asked. "If you're really on our side, release us."

"Oh, I can't," Lucien told them. "The Hollow set up this trap for you. And I can't stay here long enough to help you out."

"And why should we trust you?" Kol asked suspiciously.

"The Hollow cleansed my mind when she brought me back," Lucien told them. "She's the reason Kassandra's hasn't healed. I do this, she releases her. Whatever you may think of me, Kol, the only thing that has remained constant even in my madness was that I only wanted to protect Kassandra. I never wanted to hurt her. And you know I would have never if it wasn't for your ex-girlfriend." Kol looked irritated by the mention of Rosalita, but knew he was right. Eliza looked sympathetic for both of them. "My madness is gone. Let me help you save Kassandra from hers."

Lucien didn't wait for an answer, rushing out of the house.

Eliza and Kol were left in shock, but annoyed to still be trapped.

----

Abattoir Compound - Ballroom

Kaylin was sharpening a blade.

Klaus walked closer. "Kol's not answering. Neither is Eliza, or Kassandra. Not even sunshine, darker now more like Mikaelsons, but still, Forbes, not answering. 

"The sooner we end this, the better," Kaylin told him.

"No, we have to assume that Inadu's totem is still intact," Klaus told her. "We cannot attack her until we destroy it. Rebekah, Freya and I will go after Kol and Eliza, find the totem."

"Fine, but I won't let the others go after the Hollow alone," Kaylin told him.

Klaus gave her a look. "Kaylin."

"Look, Nik, I know you want me to be safe, okay?" Kaylin asked. "I want Hayley, Mikayla, Kacie, Tory, Luke, Ryan, Riley and Nikki to be safe, too. They're on a suicide mission, and I can't lose anyone else I love. The Hollow can kill all of them, and they need help. We're out of time. And Labonairs, Lockwoods, Thompsons and Grey, and the Huntress are the best bet we have to defeat the Hollow." She gestured to the pendant. "The cracks are getting worse. You, Freya and Rebekah will find Kol and Eliza and destroy the totem. We will go after Inadu. Forbes and the rest of us will be okay, including you Mikaelsons."

"What about Hope and Rae?" Klaus asked.

"Lindsey will be here with them, Emma and Danny," Kaylin told him. "She's channeling her Davis witch side to protecting the kids. We don't have another choice."

Klaus sighed, nodding, walking closer, picking up knives from the table, handing them to Kaylin. "Here. For you, tonight. Anoint these with Nicola's blood. They'll protect and serve you well." Kaylin took the knives. "I don't want anything happening to you Salvatore girls. Be careful, Kaylin."

"You, too," Kaylin told him.

Klaus and Kaylin both smiled small smiles, looking at each other for a moment, kissing passionately as they were about to part ways for a dangerous mission.

----

Courtyard

Tory was about to leave when she got a call from Kassandra, walking away to answer it.

Lindsey was sitting with Hope, Rae, Emma and Danny, all of them smiling and practicing magic. 

Hope, Emma and Danny were levitating ropes and using magic to untie them, while Rae was using her psychic powers to shake a dead plant, learning how to set it on fire with her mind. The four kids laughed together at how far they were coming in magic, very advanced for their ages.

Lindsey smiled, very proud of them, happy to be teaching them. She looked up to see that Ryan was about to leave with the others. She followed Ryan to the door, catching his arm. "Ryan." Ryan turned back. Lindsey leaned closer to kiss Ryan for a long, slow, soft and passionate moment. Ryan returned the kiss in kind. They pulled away, looking at each other. "Make sure all of you come back."

Ryan smiled, brushing back Lindsey's hair, using the words he had said to her the day after they had gotten married years before. "If there's one thing for certain, it's that I always come back, Lindsey Davis-Thompson. Emma and Danny, Hope and Rae are doing a great job. Make sure they keep it up. We'll all be back, I promise."

Lindsey smiled, letting Ryan go, watching him leave.

----

LaForge House - Outside

Hayley, Riley, Mikayla, Kacie, Luke, Ryan, Nicola and Kaylin walked up to the house, preparing for the fight. 

"So, Klaus, Rebekah and Freya are looking for Kol, Kassandra and Eliza, and Tory suddenly had to bow out of this for a mysterious reason," Luke told them. He nodded sarcastically. "Yeah, sure. This should go perfectly. Because the Mikaelsons aren't here for backup, not even Forbes is. Sure we got Salvatores, Thompsons, Lockwoods, Labonairs and a Grey, but..."

"Maybe that's all we need since we're the wolves with the weakness for the Hollow," Riley pointed out.

"Let's wish," Ryan told them.

Kaylin handed out the knives that Klaus had given her. "Nikki and I sealed these with her blood. One for each of us, to protect ourselves and weaken Inadu, until Nikki kills her with the thorn stake."

"And of course she has her sword for backup, because why shouldn't the Huntress always travel with her sword?" Kacie asked sarcastically.

Mikayla chuckled.

Almost everyone walked inside.

Hayley hesitated.

Riley turned to face her. "Are you okay?"

Hayley nodded. "Yeah. I never thought twice about fighting or dying for family before. But now, with you... I don't want to die and leave you behind, Riley. Or Hope. She doesn't deserve this."

"It's okay," Riley told her. "I got your back. You will make it home to Hope. I'll be right there with you, Hayley."

Hayley and Riley both smiled small smiles, nodding, kissing slowly and softly, walking inside.

----

Inside - Foyer

Luke, Ryan, Mikayla, Kacie, Nicola and Kaylin were already inside the church-like house, looking around.

Hayley and Riley walked in. The door slammed closed behind them.

"I guess she knows we're here," Mikayla told them.

They looked around the foyer, seeing dead bodies all around with blood trailing from their eyes. They walked toward the next room.

Ryan was suddenly magically thrown across the room, falling to the floor, hitting his head, unconscious. Riley was magically thrown into the wall, falling to the floor, unconscious.

Luke, Mikayla, Kacie and Kaylin's necks were magically snapped, leaving them to fall, only Hayley and Nicola standing.

Hayley rushed toward Riley to check on him.

Nicola saw Inadu, glaring, rushing closer to try and stab her with the thorn stake, but she passed through her as if she was an astral projection, turning around, startled.

----

Kaylin's Dream 

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Kaylin seemed to be waking up in a dream scape of the Salvatore Boarding House back in Mystic Falls. She was on the couch, sitting up, looking around, confused.

Stefan and Damon walked toward Kaylin with alcohol glasses. "Kaylin."

Stefan smiled. "There you are."

Kaylin looked at them in shock. "Stefan? Damon?"

Damon raised his glass. "Been waiting for you, sister."

Kaylin slowly stood, looking at her brothers in shock, sure that this was a dream or a trick, but it felt so real.

----~----

Kaylin looked around the boarding house. "All right, this is a dream. This has got to be a dream or a trick."

Damon shrugged. "I'm no expert, but I'm guessing you're going through some kind of psychological break right now. I mean, it's about time, after 170 odd years of sketchy behavior and traumatic experiences." Kaylin narrowed her eyes at him. "You've been through hell."

"So your mind just took you somewhere peaceful, calm, where you were once at peace," Stefan told her. "At home, with your brothers. It says a lot about how much you miss both of us and wish that we could be apart of your, Nikki and Rae's lives more. We're human, living our happily ever afters. Where's yours, Kaylin? Where's Nikki and Rae's?"

Kaylin couldn't deny that she was relieved to see both of her brothers even if it was only just a dream while she was knocked out in the real world, flustered and processing. "So, if I'm unconscious, then I need to wake up."

"I know," Damon told her. "We know. We're on your side. We'll get you back in the fight, before the Hollow finishes whatever she started."

Kaylin looked at them in confusion, still puzzled by how different they seemed to be.

----

Reality

LaForge House - Living Room 

Nicola, Hayley and Luke were waking Riley and Ryan up. 

"Ryan," Luke told him. "Ryan, hey. Ryan."

"Riley," Hayley told him. "Riley. Hey. Wake up, Riley." Ryan started to sit up, having a gash on his head that was bleeding profusely all down his face, but he was healing quickly. Hayley and Luke handed them their knives that they had dropped while they fell. "Here."

Riley groaned in pain. "What happened?"

"The Hollow jumped us, knocked you two out, snapped my neck, along with Kaylin, Mikayla and Kacie's," Luke answered. 

"Before I could get to her, she disappeared like an illusion, and Kaylin, Mikayla and Kacie disappeared with her," Nicola told them. "I've been looking for them ever since." 

Hayley helped Riley stand, keeping him steady. "Come on, Riley."

Luke helped Ryan stand. "And you, my brother, look like you just walked out of a slasher film. You okay, Ryan?"

"Yeah," Ryan answered. "I'll heal. I'll be fine, Luke."

"Come on," Hayley told them. "We've gotta find Mikayla, Kaylin and Kacie."

----

Locked Room 

Mikayla was chained to a chair, unconscious. A man was injecting her with wolfsbane and drawing her blood.

Inadu walked closer. "No. More wolfsbane. I want them alive, but barely. They still has a part to play."

Inadu cut into Mikayla's other arm, drawing her blood.

Mikayla was dreaming of Jackson.

----

Isolated Room

Kaylin was chained to a chair, unconscious. A man was injecting her with vervain and drawing her blood. Kaylin was still trapped in her hallucination with Stefan and Damon.

----

Dining Room 

Kacie was unconscious, dreaming of Tyler.

----

Foyer

Ryan was walking along, looking around. He was hallucinating that one of the bodies on the floor was Lindsey with her throat slashed, in horrified denial, walking closer. "Lindsey. Lindsey? No, no, no." He ran to kneel next to her. "You're supposed to be... This isn't real. No, you can't be dead. You aren't dead."

Lindsey suddenly looked at Ryan, her eyes glowing blue like the Hollow. "Not yet. But I will be."

Blood dripping from Ryan's head seemed to be trailing in the direction of the Hollow, levitating off of the floor.

----

Living Room

Hayley, Riley and Nicola were searching for the Hollow, Kaylin, Mikayla and Kacie. Nicola was holding her sword and the thorn stake in either hand.

Kassandra rushed closer, throwing Hayley and Riley into the walls to make them fall.

Nicola looked at her in shock. "Kassandra. What the hell?" 

Kassandra turned to face them, sighing. "I'm sorry. I truly am."

"You've got to be kidding me," Nicola told her.

"Nope," Kassandra answered. "I know right now, you're rather cross with me. You should know I have my reasons."

Hayley and Riley stood.

"Blah, blah, empty promises to bring Lucien back, blah, blah, right?" Riley asked.

"Not empty," Kassandra told them. "She already brought him back and linked herself to him. She wanted me in return. All I'm supposed to do is keep all of you distracted. I say that I am doing a fine job of that so far. So, what do you say? Care to go a round?"

----

Night - Abandoned House - Living Room

Kol and Eliza were still trapped in the dark object boundary spell.

Kol was looking at his phone, trying to call someone. "No cell service to call someone... anyone." He sighed, putting his phone away. "Which means we can't tell anyone about what we know, about Kassandra, about Lucien, about the Hollow, and we can't call for help."

Eliza took out her lighter. "You know what? Why don't we just burn the house down?"

"Don't be dramatic," Kol told her.

"I'm not being dramatic," Eliza told him. "I'm not running late for a manicure, Kol. Everyone is on the life or death list tonight. I say we burn this place to the ground and go help."

Kol laughed sarcastically. "Oh, brilliant idea. Except for the fact that you are not an Original and can't survive being burned alive."

"Everyone is out there fighting, and I'm not going to be stuck in this house while they are," Eliza told him.

"Eliza, I'm not really keen on the idea of losing anyone else that I care about," Kol told her. "And that means resurrecting Elijah before time runs out, getting out of here to help Kassandra be free of this monster. And it also means that, on the off chance that I might not be able to get you out in time because we're trapped in this bloody circle waiting for the building to burn down, which you could burn before the object above our head does... Not really liking the idea of letting my friend... only friend, actually... burn alive in an attempt to get us out of here, Eliza. Turns out I've hit my quota of heartbreak for the decade."

Eliza was surprised by what he said, but touched.

Klaus, Freya and Rebekah walked in.

"How ironic," Freya told them. "Two geniuses and lovers of dark objects, trapped in a dark object like a magical butterfly net."

"Tell me you weren't overwhelmed by some brain-dead witch," Klaus told them.

"No, we were a little distracted and shocked by the sight of Lucien Castle alive and well," Eliza told them with honest sarcasm.

Klaus, Freya and Rebekah looked at them in shock.

"What?" Rebekah asked.

"The Hollow resurrected Lucien as the beast to link herself to him, making her virtually unkillable until that link is broken," Kol told them. "He has the totem that the Hollow gets her power from, and we can't destroy it until that link is gone."

"When Lucien took off, he said that Kassandra was trying to get Tory to siphon the link so we could finish this," Eliza told them. "Kassandra has to distract the others from fighting the Hollow until that link is gone and the totem destroyed, and Inadu's been messing with her head again, to the point that she will fight them to keep them away from the Hollow until it's time."

"But with the Hollow in Kassandra's mind, Sandra..." Rebekah trailed off.

"She could lose control just as much as Nicola could," Klaus finished.

Freya was worried. "We have to get there. Now."

Klaus and Rebekah rushed out of the house with Freya, leaving Eliza and Kol still trapped. Eliza and Kol weren't surprised that they left them there, but were a little frustrated to still be trapped, exchanging a look, sighing.

----

Mikayla's Dream

Day - Bayou

Mikayla was standing with Jackson, at peace but knowing that she had to wake up. "I have to snap out of this. If I don't, who knows who will die?"

"You do know it's okay to move on, right?" Jackson asked. "If you like someone new... even if it's someone that you didn't expect you could move on with. Before you triggered the curse, you told me that you were a drunk party girl that would kiss anything that walked if you were drunk enough. Didn't matter if it was a boy or a girl. What did you call it?"

"Bi-curious," Mikayla answered.

Jackson chuckled. "Bi-curious. Still, you chose me. You married me, and then you lost me. But you deserve to be happy, after all the pain you've been through. And it's been five years. I mean, it's an old, sad story, the one of Mikayla Labonair-Kenner. Searched for family her whole life, found a sister who was pregnant with a miracle child from a family of monsters, who turned into her family and got her husband killed. Spent so long trying to move on, and when she finds someone like her, a friend of hers, a hybrid like her, someone she might like, she avoids it because she's scared of losing someone she loves again. A Lockwood"

Mikayla was growing uncomfortable, backing away. "You're not helping me. You're stalling me." Jackson grabbed Mikayla harshly by the arm, pulling her closer. Mikayla pushed Jackson off of her into the tree behind him. Jackson started to laugh evilly. "No." Jackson walked closer, making Mikayla back away. "No, you're not you. You're the Hollow."

----

Reality

Night - LaForge House - Isolated Room

Mikayla woke up, chained to a chair with IVs of wolfsbane and blood in her skin, breaking free from the chains, pulling the needles out. She stumbled to a standing position, a little weak from being injected with wolfsbane for so long, sighing, walking toward the door, trying to open it, but it was spelled closed. 

Jackson appeared. "You're wasting your energy."

Mikayla was cloudy from the hallucination, trying to push it out of her head. "You're a vision. You can't hurt me."

Jackson chuckled in amusement, walking closer, picking up a meat cleaver from nearby. "You still don't get it, do you? The Hollow is more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Jackson drove the meat cleaver into Mikayla's chest, making her groan and gasp in pain.

----~----

Kaylin's Dream

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room

Kaylin was standing with Stefan and Damon, drinking bourbon with them, knowing that she had to wake up. 

"You know, we get it," Damon told her. "Little sis Kaylin is in full Supergirl mode today. What's it like, over there in the Big Easy?"

"Not so easy," Kaylin answered, taking a drink.

"Yet you, Nikki and Rae stay for the Mikaelsons," Damon told her.

Stefan chuckled. "It's okay, we're not judging you anymore. Why wouldn't a monster like yourself from a family of monsters like us fall for the biggest monsters out there?" Kaylin looked at them, suspicions confirmed that this wasn't her subconscious fabricating this, nodding sarcastically, rolling her eyes, finishing her drink. "Come on, Kaylin, talk to us. It's not gonna kill us."

"You were right when you said that we were no different from the Mikaelsons," Damon told her. "Stefan was a Ripper that butchered an entire village, including kids, on Christmas day, and even killed your ex-boyfriend who happened to be one of your best friends, twice. I tormented and tortured you two and Nikki of you for the better part of two centuries. We helped turn you and Nikki into monsters who fell in love with monsters. And Rae was brought back from the dead by the Devil. Imagine what kind of monster she could become."

"Yeah, I knew it," Kaylin told them. "This isn't real." She turned to walk away. Damon appeared in front of Kaylin, pushing her back into Stefan, who restrained Kaylin tightly to the point where the hallucination made it feel like it hurt. Kaylin broke free, rushing to push Stefan back next to Damon, who both started to laugh evilly. "And you're sure as hell not my brothers." Stefan and Damon circled around Kaylin from either side to try to corner her, but Kaylin remained still, defiant, and unafraid. "You're the Hollow." Stefan and Damon lunged toward Kaylin. Kaylin reached into both of their chests to rip their hearts out, letting them and the bodies fall. "One sure fire way to piss me off, you evil witch bitch."

----

Reality 

Night - LaForge House - Locked Room  

Kaylin woke up, chained to a chair with IVs of vervain and blood in her skin, breaking free from the chains, pulling the needles out. She stumbled to a standing position, a little weak from being injected with vervain for so long, sighing, walking toward the door, trying to open it, but it was spelled closed. 

----

Abandoned House - Living Room

(Song:) Fire N Gold - Nick Tangorra

Kol and Eliza were still trapped, sitting on the floor.

Kol was flicking the lighter in his hands.

"All right, we're not gonna get anything done like this, so..." Eliza trailed off, punching her hand through the floorboards, ripping them up, making a large hole in the floor.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" Kol asked. "Eliza."

"The main gas line's got to be down here somewhere," Eliza told him in a singsong voice, pulling out a gas line. "At least it will help torch the place faster, unless you prefer a slow burn."

Kol made a face in frustration. "Oh, for God's sake. Do you have a death wish?"

"No," Eliza answered. "I just wanna get out of here to help your family and my friends, no matter what it takes."

"You're talking about an explosion that would very likely kill you," Kol told her.

"Not if I toss the lighter up at the dark object, have that burn first and rush out of here like a vampire out of hell," Eliza told him, standing, taking the lighter from Kol, waiting for the gas to spread. "It's not the first house I would've fled before it exploded. I've faced down actual Hellfire, Kol. I'm not scared of a little tiny explosion."

Kol stood. "I know that going through what you went through with the Sirens turned you darker, Eliza, but you haven't just gone a little darker. You've also gone mad."

Eliza smiled, shrugging. "Do you want to wait it out?"

Kol sighed in frustration, trying to take the lighter from Eliza. "Give me the damn thing." Eliza backed away to keep the lighter away from him so he wouldn't try to stop her, but backed right into the boundary behind her, unable to pass out of the boundary, making a face. Kol smirked because she couldn't keep it away from him, stepping closer to take the lighter from Eliza, right in front of her. "We both knew that wasn't gonna work." Eliza looked at Kol, disappointed that she wouldn't get the chance to blow up the house. Kol gave her an amused look. "I'm most likely to strike a spark without killing you." Eliza smiled sheepishly. "Get down."

Eliza got as far away from the ceiling as she could. Kol sighed, holding the lighter up far above their heads to strike the lighter, starting the fire that burned the dark object instantly, wrapping an arm around Eliza as the fire exploded toward them, rushing them both out of the house at his fastest to get out before Eliza could be killed.

----

Outside

Kol and Eliza stopped a distance away from the house to watch it explode. They were both a little burned but not nearly as bad as it could have been, both awed and amused by the explosion in front of them, looking at each other, rushing away.

(Song Ends)

----

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard

Lindsey and Tory were here with Hope, Rae, Emma and Danny, making sure they were okay.

"So, if you siphon the link from Kassandra's resurrected boyfriend Lucien, they'll both be free from the Hollow and we can finally stop her?" Emma asked.

"After we destroy the totem," Danny added.

"Right," Lindsey answered. "This is the tricky part. The link and the totem have to be broken at the same time."

"So while I siphon the link from Lucien, I need you guys to break the totem," Tory told them. "All right? You'll be able to help."

Lucien walked toward them. "And this nightmare will finally be over. Tory Donovan. Lindsey Davis-Thompson. Long time, Doppelganger witches." He looked at Tory. "Or should I say tribrid for you now?"

Lindsey rolled her eyes. "I met you once in Mystic Falls when I helped Tory set up a boundary spell to keep you away from Kassandra and her family, and Kaylin and Nicola, after Kacie, Luke, Ryan, Hayley, Mikayla and I saved Tory from captivity in your business where we found out you killed Luke and Ryan's dad, Lucien. Hardly call that a meeting."

"True," Lucien agreed. He looked between Lindsey and Tory. "Sorry about that, by the way. Should probably apologize to Luke and Ryan soon, too."

Hope looked at Lucien critically, though she obviously wasn't scared of him. "So you're Aunt Sandra's Lucien."

"You're Hope Mikaelson," Lucien replied. He pointed at Rae. "Kaylin's daughter Rae Salvatore." He pointed at Emma and Danny. "And Lindsey and Ryan's children Emma and Danny Davis-Thompson. Kassandra told me a lot about all four of you."

Hope hesitated, not sure to trust him. "Rae?"

Rae knew what Hope meant, looking at Lucien, reading his mind. "He's telling the truth. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. He wants to help us."

"Yes, I do," Lucien agreed. "And I am sorry for everything."

"I know," Rae told him.

"And how do you know?" Lucien asked.

"Because I can read your mind, and I can see that you never wanted to hurt anyone that you did, and you want to make up for it," Rae answered.

Emma and Danny were reassured by this, nodding.

"Rae's very smart and she knows everything," Danny told him.

"Just like Hope is protective," Emma told him.

Lucien nodded in amusement. "I can see that. And you are all miraculously well-adjusted, considering you're all part of this extended family."

Hope, Rae, Emma and Danny smiled, while Tory and Lindsey smirked.

"Do you love my Aunt Sandra?" Hope asked.

"Very much," Lucien answered. "And given the choice, I would never have hurt her or your family. I promise never to again. All I ever wanted was to protect her. I'm so sorry for everything else."

Hope looked at Tory and Rae to make sure he was telling the truth, and since they could read his mind, they knew that it was the truth, nodding reassuringly. Hope nodded, taking her bracelet off.

Rae looked at Lucien. "If you ever hurt Kassandra again, I will mind control you to jump off a cliff. And I mean ever."

Lucien chuckled.

"Yeah, she's not kidding," Tory told him. "Rae will do it."

"Rae is just as protective of Kassandra as Hope is," Lindsey told him.

Lucien smiled. "Then we'll all get along rather well."

----

LaForge House - Dining Room

Kacie was hallucinating Tyler as the Hollow. "Why are you doing this?"

Tyler grabbed Kacie, pushing her against the wall behind her. "You, and Tory, you lost your entire family in Mystic Falls. You come here, to help the woman that killed your brother, and the man that killed your mother." He turned away, spreading his arms, laughing. "And now you're gonna die here."

Kacie pushed away from the wall. "No."

Tyler turned to Kacie, using magic to push her back against the wall.

----

Hallway

Luke heard Kacie groaning from the hallway, walking toward the room. "Kacie!"

Luke tried to break the door open, but it was spelled closed.

'Tory' appeared as the Hollow, her eyes glowing blue. "If you were stronger, then..."

Tory shrugged.

Luke turned to see that the hallucination of Tory had her heart ripped out. "You're not real."

Tory chuckled, showing Luke the hole in her chest where no heart was. "But this is real. This is the vision of me that keeps you up at night. The fear of what you know to be inevitable if I keep sacrificing myself to save others. Especially those who don't deserve it, which is why you stayed around for me, because you know that they will be the death of me."

Luke rolled his eyes, bored and annoyed with the hallucination, unimpressed and unfazed, turning away to try and break the door to the dining room open.

----

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard

Tory grabbed either of Lucien's arms to begin siphoning off of him to break the link. Lindsey, Hope, Rae, Emma and Danny were standing around the table that held the totem. Lindsey was showing them how to drain the totem of its power at the same pace that Tory was siphoning from Lucien. While Lindsey, Hope, Emma and Danny were doing a spell to drain the totem, Rae placed a hand on either side of the totem, using a little of psychic energy to shake the gem-like magical object, making the glowing blue start to fade as cracks began to appear in the totem. The power that they were all using was causing a magical and psychic earthquake around them.

----

Noah/Caitlin's Apartment - Living Room

Auria had created a circle of salt on the floor for where Davina could appear. As she did the spell, her eyes were bleeding slightly as the Ancestors tried to get her to stop, though she kept on, eventually bringing Davina's spirit into the circle.

Noah, Marcel and Caitlin looked at them in shock.

Davina smiled a small smile. "Marcel. Noah. Caitlin. Auria."

----~----

Caitlin knelt on the outside of the circle to kneel across from Davina weakly, emotional from seeing her again, but happy. "Davina..."

"It's okay, Caitlin," Davina told her. "I don't know how long I have, because the Ancestors don't like that you're trying to see me, trying to bring me back, but Auria made me gatekeeper, which means I get the final say. I had to see you, to help you. To save you, to thank you. And Marcel, Noah and Auria."

"Wh--what do you mean?" Noah asked. "Thank us for what?"

"For visiting me," Davina answered. "And for talking to me."

"You heard it?" Marcel asked. Davina smiled. "You--you were there."

"I was always there," Davina told them.

They smiled.

"Come on," Auria told them. "Let's heal Caitlin."

Davina nodded in agreement.

They all chuckled in relief and happiness, looking so emotional but happy that they could cry.

----

LaForge House - Living Room

Kassandra, Hayley and Nicola were still fighting. Kassandra backhand punched Hayley in the face, sending her flying across the room, making her fall. Nicola punched Kassandra in the face.

Riley walked closer to try and talk her down. "Kassandra, listen to me. You're not thinking clearly."

Kassandra chuckled bitterly without humor. "I haven't been able to think clearly for five years, Riley."

Hayley pushed herself up. "So you would betray your family because the Hollow linked Lucien to her?"

"Betrayal is sort of our family's specialty," Kassandra told them. "If you would give me a bloody second to explain, you would understand."

"The Hollow has been preying on your weakness for too long," Riley told her. "She's preying on the weaknesses of everyone in this house right now. It needs to end."

Hayley rushed toward Kassandra to push her back. "She raised Lucien to get you to betray your family, and you, vulnerable as you are, from the effects of the hex, and from how long the Hollow has been tormenting you, you gave in."

Kassandra rolled her eyes, grabbing Hayley, turning to throw her into the wall, making her fall. "At least learn the full story before you leap to judgments."

Kassandra turned to block two hits from Nicola. Nicola spun to kick Kassandra, punching her twice, turning to push her into the wall. Kassandra couldn't help but chuckle.

"You're gonna have to kill me if you want to stop me from killing the Hollow to save your brother, Kassandra," Nicola told her.

"I don't want to kill you, Nicola," Kassandra told her. "I don't even want to fight you. But it's better than letting you fight the Hollow at this moment in time, because all of you could end up dead."

Hayley stood. "Really? Or is it so you can keep your precious Lucien alive, even after everything that happened? You don't owe him anything, Kassandra."

Riley and Nicola knew that was only going to make Kassandra mad and actually fight them.

Nicola was beyond annoyed. "Shut up, Hayley." Kassandra angrily rushed toward Hayley, pushing her against the wall. Nicola pulled Kassandra away from Hayley, pushing her away. Kassandra started to lunge toward Nicola, until Riley put himself between them to stop the fight before it got out of hand. Nicola looked at Kassandra, sighing. "You want to tell us the full story? Fine. Tell us the story."

Klaus, Freya and Rebekah walked inside.

"Actually, let us," Klaus told them.

"Lucien told the full story to Kol and Eliza, who told us," Rebekah told them. "We know what is going on, Kassandra, and we can help you."

Kassandra was annoyed by all of this.

----

Dining Room

Kacie was still trapped with her hallucination of Tyler.

"You saw it," Tyler told her, walking closer to point a knife at her. "The violence, the betrayal, the bloodshed. The Original hybrid killed our mother, and made your life a living hell. Nicola killed me. Yet you and Tory still help them, as if you think that you're not going to be the next bodies on their lists. Do you really think that I'm proud of you, Kacie, like Mikayla reassured you I would be?"

Kacie pushed Tyler away angrily. "Enough. Don't you dare bring up Mikayla. Nicola wasn't in control of herself, she was under a Siren's mind control. When Tyler made a move to kill Hayley while she was pregnant with Hope, Klaus didn't kill him. He brought him home. You're not my brother. You don't deserve to wear his face. You don't get to talk like you're him."

----

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard

Tory held either of Lucien's arms to siphon off of him to break the link. Lindsey, Hope, Emma and Danny were standing around the table that held the totem, doing a silent spell that would drain the totem of its power at the same pace that Tory was siphoning from Lucien. Rae held a hand on either side of the totem, using a little of psychic energy to shake the gem-like magical object, making the glowing blue fade to a darker blue as it was almost gone, as more cracks appeared in the totem. The power that they were all using was causing a magical and psychic earthquake around them.

----

LaForge House - Dining Room

Kacie gripped her hallucination of Tyler by the throat, pushing him against the wall.

Tyler smirked. "You're right. Even if he tried to be good, your brother was a monster just like the rest of you. And you don't like to be reminded of that."

The Hollow took form of Mikayla in the hallucination. "So would you rather see my face?" Kacie glared, overwhelmed with anger. "I mean, what's wrong with liking Mikayla? A hybrid that has more morals than most, with the same animal instincts and urges as you. Wolves are wild things that don't really care who you are as long as you satiate a hunger or longing, and vampirism only heightens those needs and wants. I like you, too, you know. But, like you, I fight what I feel. Let's face it. Valentina Petrova wasn't the first or the last girl you've kissed or slept with."

Kacie rolled her eyes, turning to push the hallucination of Mikayla away, knowing she was really speaking to the Hollow. "You get off on pretending to be everyone's loved ones, don't you? My brother, Mikayla, everyone else?"

Mikayla was less amused, holding her hand toward Kacie, using magic to throw her through the door.

----

Hallway

Kacie crashed through the door, landing on the floor in front of Luke, who had been trying to get the door open.

Luke looked at Kacie in surprise.

----

Abattoir Compound - Courtyard

Tory finished siphoning from Lucien the same time that Lindsey, Hope, Rae, Emma and Danny finished destroying the totem. They watched as it shattered and the blue glowing light fade completely. The power that they were all using was causing a magical and psychic earthquake around them.

----

LaForge House - Living Room

Klaus, Freya, Rebekah and Kassandra had finished explaining to Riley, Nicola and Hayley.

Mikayla and Kaylin walked in from one side of the room.

Hayley looked at her sister in relief. "Mikayla."

Nicola sighed in relief. "Kaylin."

Kacie and Luke walked in from the other side of the room.

"Kacie," Freya told her. "Luke."

"Are you guys all right?" Rebekah asked.

"Did they break the link and totem?" Nicola asked.

"I hope so," Klaus told them. "But we can't wait."

Freya held the thorn bush toward Nicola. "You need to stab the Hollow."

Nicola took the weapon. "Let's do this."

"Where's Ryan?" Luke asked.

Ryan walked onto the stairs. "Up here. I was looking for her while everyone else was preoccupied."

Luke looked at Nicola. "You're the best advantage we got. Be fast, be brutal, or we're dead."

----

Upstairs Room 

Inadu was stirring a knife in a spell mixture from a bowl. "Cencahua ezhuia. Cencahua ezhuia. Cencahua ezhuia. Cencahua ezhuia." The blood in the mixture started to boil. "Cuauhtzicoa calpanpilli. Cuauhtzicoa calpanpilli." Inadu put the knife down, drinking the concoction. She heard the others walk in, using magic to snap Mikayla's bones, making her fall, using magic to throw Nicola's weapon to the floor. "First, I will break your body. Then I will break your spirit. Your spirit is nearly broken already, isn't it?" Freya used magic to throw a knife into Inadu's throat, making her groan in pain. Klaus, Kassandra, Rebekah and Kaylin rushed toward Inadu, pushing her against the wall, restraining her while Hayley, Mikayla, Kacie, Luke, Ryan and Riley each stabbed her with their knives that were laced with Nicola's blood, making her scream in pain. Riley stabbed Inadu in the throat, like she had made him stab himself in the throat. Inadu cast a powerful infliction spell that caused them all, except for Nicola, intense pain, throwing them down. Nicola stabbed Inadu in the stomach with her sword that was laced with her blood, spinning to kick her legs out from under her, making her fall to the floor, kneeling down to pin her down, raising the thorn stake. "Do it. Do it!"

Nicola smirked, slashing the thorn stake into Inadu, only a few times at first, then more and more as she felt more angry and more out of control, splattering herself in blood.

Klaus and Kaylin pulled Nicola away from Inadu's dead body.

"That's enough," Kaylin told her. "That's enough."

"She's gone," Rebekah told them. She looked at Kassandra reassuringly. "She's gone."

Everyone was relieved. Luke and Ryan were breathing heavily. Hayley and Riley embraced and kissed. Kaylin wrapped her arm around Nicola's shoulders to keep her anchored to control and help her calm down. Nicola wrapped one of her arms around Kaylin as well, both of them also celebrating the fact that she killed Inadu.

Mikayla and Kacie looked at each other, both obviously thinking about what the Hollow had said to both of them about each other about liking the other but fighting it.

Rebekah and Freya each held an arm around Kassandra, who was just now registering what happened. Klaus walked closer to embrace his sisters, all of them relieved that this seemed to be over.

----~----

Abattoir Compound - Rae's Bedroom

Rae was in bed, almost asleep, when she heard voices, getting worried, sitting up.

Doors all over the room slammed closed, startling her as the room started to shake in a mild magic earthquake.

Blue light started to appear.

Rae looked at the blue light nervously.

----

Noah/Caitlin's Apartment

Caitlin was nearly unconscious, barely awake enough to register that Noah and Marcel were sitting at her side, watching Auria while she concocted a cure, while channeling Davina's power to do so.

"Don't fall asleep, Caitlin, or we might not be able to wake you up, not until we cure you," Noah told her.

"Yeah, well, if you cure me..." Caitlin trailed off.

"When," Noah corrected. "When we cure you."

Marcel nodded in agreement. "When we cure you, yeah. What were you gonna say?"

"I was gonna say 'when you cure me, remind me to get a week worth of rest'," Caitlin answered. "I'm freaking tired, guys. I need sleep."

They chuckled in amusement from how she said it.

"A week worth of sleep after we cure you to health coming right up," Auria told her.

"Auria, I know that you want to try to bring me back," Davina told her. "That you think you can use the Hollow's death to resurrect me."

"You don't think it'll work?" Marcel asked.

"I think that my soul was shredded by a stone in the veil and it'll take a lot of power to do it," Davina answered. "Power that you might have, but the kind of power the Ancestors can stop Auria from using."

"Auria's not gonna let the Ancestors stop her from saving you, Davina," Noah told her.

"Auria, remember that you still have the ability to die," Davina told her. "Please don't die for me. I'm already dead. There's no reason for you to be, too."

They were sad but understanding of this request, agreeing.

"Okay," Auria told her sadly. "I won't let myself die. But you know that I have to at least try."

"I love you, Auria, which is why I won't let you die to bring me back to life," Davina told her. "I love you, too, Marcel, and I love you, Caitlin. I even love you, Noah."

Noah smiled. "Yeah, I can definitely feel the love of the 'even you' statement."

Davina and Caitlin smiled.

Caitlin chuckled. "We love you, too."

"Thank you," Davina told them. "For being my family."

"You're welcome," Marcel told her. "Thank you, for everything."

They smiled small smiles.

----

Street

(Song:) Carry You - Ruelle feat. Fleurie

Kol and Eliza walked past a fire truck that was on the way to the house they blew up.

"Eliza, are you all right?" Kol asked.

"Just a little disappointed that you blew up the house instead of me, and we missed the fight because of it," Eliza answered.

"Yes, well, if you had blown up the house alone, you probably would've ended up dead," Kol told her.

Eliza turned to face Kol in surprise. "You really care so much if I lived or died?"

"You spent months helping me search for the things we needed to help Kassandra, and all you asked for in return was that I helped you find ways to help Nicola," Kol told her. "Even listened to me rattle on about a girl that I loved and lost while in this very city. Normally, I would be back to my old, vicious ways by now because of Rosalita's mind control, but I changed, just as you have. I changed back from Rosalita's influence, and you changed because of influence of Sirens, which happens to be because of Rosalita wanting you and your friends to suffer, too. You know, I haven't had many friends in past thousand years, and those I did have, they ended up dead, or with a fate worse than death. I wasn't looking forward to losing another, Eliza."

Eliza looked at him sympathetically. "It's been five years, Kol. You're allowed to stop torturing yourself. You're allowed move on." She walked closer. "You might be scared of losing someone else, but none of us are afraid to die. We can't be with what's going on."

Kol smirked in amusement, shaking his head. "I'm not scared of anything. It's just that when pretty things like you are drawn to bad things like me, they tend to end up dead."

Eliza shrugged. "Technically, I died before I even became a vampire, even if it was for a moment. Means I've died twice. I'm still here. So are you."

Kol chuckled slightly. "Still. It might be in everyone's best interest to keep distance."

"Yeah?" Eliza asked. "Are you trying to convince me or you?" Kol smirked a little. Eliza smiled understandingly, kindly. They looked at each other intensely for a long moment, finally kissing for a long, passionate moment as if they did out of instinct, surprised themselves, pulling away. "This is a different meaning of the word 'friendship'."

"Yeah, well, the next time we need to blow up something, I'll let you strike up the explosion," Kol told her.

They both chuckled, smiling small smiles, kissing again.

----

Abattoir Compound - Kassandra's Room

Kassandra walked into her bedroom, looking around. "Lucien? Lucien."

Lucien walked toward her. "I'm here, darling."

Kassandra looked at Lucien in relief. They both smiled, walking closer to embrace each other.

"It's over," Kassandra told him. "She doesn't have control over us anymore." Lucien smiled. "I need you to know... that even after everything that happened, I never stopped loving you." Lucien was relieved to hear this, holding her close. "And now that you're here, it feels like I can breathe again. It feels like I'm alive again. Like I don't want to die." They pulled away, looking at each other. "I've always loved you, Lucien."

Lucien stroked back her hair, happy and relieved, though still a bit overwhelmed with everything, he was comforted and reassured by her. "I love you, too, Kassandra. No matter what's been done, no matter what happened, that has never changed. And I will spend the rest of my life trying to make up for what happened. I will find a way to make this right."

Kassandra smiled a small smile, nodding. "You don't have to, Lucien, but I know you will."

Kassandra looked at Lucien for a moment, placing a hand on his cheek, smiling, kissing him deeply, sweetly and passionately for a long moment. Lucien wrapped his arms around Kassandra to pull her closer to deepen the kiss. They pulled away, remaining in each other's arms, leaning their heads together, breathing deeply in content happiness, relieved to have each other back, small smiles gracing their lips.

(Song Ends)

----

Coffin Room

Freya had hung the talisman over the candelabra. Rebekah, Klaus, Kaylin and Nicola were watching her. Freya started to burn sage, wafting it over Elijah's body.

Mikayla walked in, handing a knife to Freya. "Hayley asked me to give you this knife."

"She's not going to be here for when Elijah wakes?" Kaylin asked.

"She said there was something she had to do," Mikayla told them. "Guess she's going to see Riley." She managed a chuckle, still thinking about her hallucinations of Jackson, shaken up by it. "Oh, well, you know as well as anyone how the Hollow meddles in your mind, clawing at your oldest wounds, making them new again."

Kassandra slowly walked in, looking at them hesitantly. They turned to look at her.

"I'm not really sure where to begin, but, uh..." Kassandra trailed off. "I guess we should talk."

"There's not much to talk about," Klaus told her. "The Hollow brought Lucien back as a beast to link herself to him in an attempt to become invincible and to make you follow her orders. Instead, you told us about the link, had Lucien warn Kol and Eliza so they could warn us, so that Tory, Lindsey, Hope, Rae, Emma and Danny could break the link and destroy the totem, and you helped us kill the Hollow."

"You did all this while she was in your mind, after she brought back the love of your life to be just as indestructible as you," Rebekah told her. "You didn't betray us, Kassandra. You proved that you never will again."

(Song:) Love and War - Fleurie

Kassandra was touched and relieved to hear all this, that they didn't blame her or judge her, smiling.

"We told you that we wanted to make sure you were happy, and no one made you happy like Lucien did, Kassandra," Freya told her. "You were absolutely miserable before. At least now, you have the Lucien you knew and loved back. He won't be a threat to us. He'll be an asset."

"We're happy for you, Sandra," Rebekah told her. "Really, and truly."

"Really?" Kassandra asked.

"Of course," Nicola answered. "Keelin, Tory and Lindsey are close to figuring out the perfect ways to help both you and I. You got Lucien back. I'm about to get Elijah back. And we're both about to get our sanity back."

Kaylin smiled. "Seems like both of you are about to get everything you wanted." 

Kassandra and Nicola smiled in response to Kaylin's smile and statement, also causing Rebekah and Freya to smile as well. Klaus smirked at all of the girls smiling at each other and bonding.

Kaylin gazed off, still thinking about the hallucination of Stefan and Damon.

"Kaylin, are you all right, love?" Klaus asked.

Kaylin nodded. "Yeah. I was just thinking... that I need to call Stefan and Damon. You guys bring your brother back. I'm gonna go call both of mine."

"I take it your sudden need to talk to your brothers is because of whatever the Hollow showed you tonight," Klaus told her.

"Yeah," Kaylin answered. "I'm fine. I just want to make sure they are."

Mikayla, Kassandra, Rebekah, Freya and Klaus nodded in understanding, smiling small smiles.

"All right, love," Klaus told her.

"Tell them hi for me, okay?" Nicola asked. She turned to look at Elijah. "I would say hello myself, but..."

Kaylin smiled a small, understanding smile, rubbing Nicola's shoulder. "But you want to be here for when he wakes. I know."

Nicola smiled a little.

Kaylin chuckled, walking out of the room.

Rebekah looked at Freya. "Are you ready?"

Freya nodded. "Yeah. The Hollow killed Elijah for her own ends. It's only fitting that we use hers to bring him home. Klaus, Kassandra, you're the strongest here. Allow me to channel your power. Give me your hands." She took Klaus and Kassandra by the hands, channeling their power and the Hollow's sacrifice to bring Elijah back. "Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen." The pendant started to glow blue. "Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen."

----

Bayou

Riley was sitting on the porch of his home.

Hayley walked closer with beer. "Hey, Riley."

"Hi, Hayley," Riley told her. "I expected you to be at home when they brought Elijah back."

Hayley shook her head. "No. I needed someone to talk to, outside of my family, and you're the only person I could think of. Can we go inside and talk?" She pulled out the beer. "I brought a gift."

Riley smiled, nodding.

----

Inside - Living Room

Riley and Hayley sat together, drinking beer.

"Riley..." Hayley trailed off. "I didn't say this before, so I'm gonna say it now. I have a long, complicated relationship history with the Mikaelsons, and it's about to be more complicated."

----

Abattoir Compound - Coffin Room

Freya was still doing the spell to bring Elijah back by channeling Klaus and Kassandra's power and the power of the Hollow's sacrifice, while Mikayla, Rebekah and Nicola watched. "Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen."

Hayley: (voice over) "I had Hope with Klaus, yes. But I had started to fall for Elijah, even though I never completely did."

----

Riley's Home - Living Room

Riley and Hayley were sitting facing each other, drinking beer.

"I met him at a time in my life when I was scared, alone," Hayley explained. "I know that's messed up."

Hayley looked at Riley for a long moment, leaning closer to kiss him for a long moment, placing their beer bottles aside. Riley returned the kiss, though he was still concerned and confused. Hayley straddled his lap, continuing to kiss him passionately.

Hayley: (voice over) "I guess I never really... saw what love was supposed to look like."

----

Abattoir Compound - Coffin Room

Freya was still doing the spell to bring Elijah back by channeling Klaus and Kassandra's power and the power of the Hollow's sacrifice, while Mikayla, Rebekah and Nicola watched. "Verha hel igjen. Verha hel igjen."

----

Riley's Home - Bedroom

Riley and Hayley were still making out, pulling away, leaning their foreheads together, breathing deeply, opening their eyes to look at each other. Hayley took her jacket off. Riley placed a hand on the small of her back, pulling her closer, laying her on the bed behind her, kissing her. For a moment, they just looked at each other, both of them smiling slightly, breathing just a little heavily.

Hayley: (voice over) "But I don't want that for Hope. I want to be with you, Riley. I want a lot of things."

----

Abattoir Compound - Coffin Room

Freya was still doing the spell to bring Elijah back by channeling Klaus and Kassandra's power and the power of the Hollow's sacrifice, while Mikayla, Rebekah and Nicola watched. 

Elijah's skin started to return to color as he came back. He opened his eyes, taking a deep breath.

Hayley: (voice over) "As for the Mikaelsons... I know what they are. I guess I always knew."

----

Riley's Home - Bedroom

Hayley rolled Riley onto the bed, kissing him, pulling her shirt over her head, letting it fall, sitting there, pulling her hair back.

Hayley: (voice over) "The truth is, I'm a monster, too."

Riley rolled Hayley to the bed, kissing her deeply, more passionately than before.

Riley: (voice over) "We all are. We've all done terrible things, Hayley."

----

Abattoir Compound - Hope's Bedroom

Hope was laying in bed, sleeping restlessly, tossing and turning slightly.

Hayley: (voice over) "Except for Hope, Rae, Emma and Danny. They're innocent, pure. And I want to make sure Hope stays that way."

----

Riley's Home - Bedroom

Hayley and Riley were still in bed, holding onto each other underneath the sheets.

Hayley gazed off. "I know what I have to do. I just have to be brave enough to do it."

Riley looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean, Hayley? What are you gonna do?"

Hayley didn't answer, looking at Riley, continuing to kiss him.

(Song Ends)

----

Abattoir Compound - Hallway

Kaylin stood in the hallway, trying to call Stefan, but with how late it was, she didn't expect him to answer, though his voicemail was enough to give a little comfort and reassurance.

Stefan: (voicemail) "Hey, it's Stefan. You know what to do."

Kaylin sighed, chuckling lightly. "Hello, brother. I called Damon, and I got his voicemail, too. I know Nikki and I haven't been keeping in contact with you and Damon as much as we should, but we want both of you to have your human happily ever afters without worrying about us. I just wanted to make sure you're okay." She looked down the way to see that Rae's bedroom light was on. "So, Stef, when you get this, give me a call. It would be nice to hear your voice. The real you, anyway."

 Kaylin hung up.

----

Rae's Bedroom

Kaylin walked into Rae's room. 

Rae was standing at the bedroom window, looking at herself in a handheld mirror. She heard the door open, placing the mirror down, turning to face Kaylin. 

Kaylin smiled. "I saw the light under your door. I already tucked you in."

"I don't like to sleep when things are happening," Rae told her.

"Yes, I know," Kaylin told her.

Rae walked closer. "You woke Elijah."

"Yes," Kaylin answered. "And he's very excited to see you and Hope." She picked Rae up, putting her down in bed. "In the morning, hmm?" She tucked Rae in. "There's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?"

"We protect family," Rae told her. "Like the Originals are Hope's protectors, and you and Nicola are mine. And they protect me, too, because of you."

Kaylin smiled, nodding. "Yeah. Tomorrow, I am going to show you everything I love about New Orleans. The music, the dancing, the art. It's time to get a good look at the kingdom, princess." Rae smiled. "Goodnight, Rae."

"Goodnight," Rae told her.

Kaylin stood, walking toward the door, turning off the light, walking out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Rae turned over in her bed, letting her eyes glow blue, revealing the Hollow was possessing her, closing her eyes to go to sleep.

----~----

4.12 "Voodoo Child" Trailer

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in the compound, Kaylin, Hayley, Mikayla, Freya and Kacie were talking.

Kaylin was thoughtful. "I've been thinking all morning..."

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in the Rayvnne tomb, there was a ritual set up around Phelan's journal. Auria was kneeling in the middle of a circle in front of it.

Kaylin : (voice over from 4.12 Voodoo Child) "About what happened last night."

EVIL

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in Noah/Caitlin's Apartment, Noah was caressing Caitlin's cheeks.

"I don't think she's gone," Caitlin told him.

COMES HOME

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in the compound, Rae/The Hollow looked at Hope, Emma, Danny, Lindsey, Tory and Freya.

Witch: (voice over from 4.12 Voodoo Child) "Even now, she's locking herself in..."

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in the cabin in the woods, Klaus, Elijah, Nicola, Kassandra, Kol and Lucien were confronting a cabin of witches and vampires.

"The greatest psychic this world may ever know," the witch told them. "The only one who can control Originals, beasts and the Huntress."

Klaus transformed angrily, rushing toward the witch to bite him on the neck, feeding.

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in the compound, Rae/The Hollow revealed half of the Ouroboros symbol on her arm to Kaylin. "Once this is complete, I'll be in her body... permanently."

ONLY TWO CHAPTERS LEFT

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in the compound, Kaylin was furious, despaired and in denial. "I want my daughter back."

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in the courtyard, Kassandra turned to face Inadu in annoyance, glaring. Lucien walked closer. Inadu raised her arms toward Kassandra and Lucien to cast a spell.

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", in the courtyard, Eliza, Kol, Nicola, Elijah, Klaus, Kassandra, Lucien, Luke, Ryan, Marcel, Auria, Noah and Caitlin walked into the courtyard of the compound.

From 4.12 "Voodoo Child", on the outside balcony of the compound, Hayley and Riley were talking.

"I'm on your side," Riley told her.

Hayley shook her head. "I should never have brought Hope back here."

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE ORIGINALS)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 3.1K 13
Imagines/ One shots Including: Spencer Reid Derek Morgan Aaron Hotchner David Rossi Luke Alves Matt Simmons
127K 3.9K 74
The Vampire Diaries Book 1 in the Soulmates Series Season Two - Season Four The Originals Season One - Season Five Kol Mikaelson x OC
223K 6.9K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...
40.7K 608 26
All rights go to CW and Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, all except for the fan made characters. Heartofice97: Alexandra "Alex" Gilbert, Kacie L...