Wonderstruck

By amazingness

Its been five years since the war. Five years since the terrible tragedies occurred. Five years since Harry... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Heartbreak at Tiffany's
Chapter 2: Surprises, Betrayals & A Walk Down Memory Lane
Chapter 3: A Howler, A Picture & A Deal
Chapter 4: The Otter and the Dragon Go Shopping
Author's Note & Some Bad News =(
Chapter 5: Letters from Everyone
Chapter 6: The Beaver & the Ferret Call A Truce
Chapter 7: Dinner & Disaster
Chapter 8: Crazy, Beautiful Life
Chapter 9: Once a Malfoy, Always a Malfoy
Chapter 10: The Game of Shadows
Chapter 11: The Slytherin Prince & the Gryffindor Princess
Chapter 12: The Wedding (Part 1)
Author's Note & Changes
Chapter 13: The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 14: The Metamorphous & the Stranger
Chapter 15: Declarations & Water Guns
Chapter 16: Three Malfoys & A Granger
Chapter 17: Three Grangers & A Malfoy
Authors Note & Questions
Chapter 18: Tears, Tiffany's & A Cauldron of Amortentia
Chapter 19: A Rose is A Rose is A Rose
Chapter 20: The Unstoppable Force & the Immovable Wall
Chapter 21: Firewhisky & Fireworks
Chapter 22: Headaches, Heartaches & Epiphanies
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 24: The Calm, Before the Storm (Part 2)
Chapter 25: Alone Again (Flashback Part 1)
Chapter 26: Wonderstruck (Flashback Part 2)
Chapter 27: One Poppy Seed Muffin (Flashback Part 3)
Chapter 28: The Silver Lining
Chapter 29: A Malfoy's Rejection
Chapter 30: Proposal at Tiffany's
Author's Note & Thank You's
The Epilogue- 14 Years Later

Chapter 23: The Calm, Before the Storm (Part 1)

25.2K 815 355
By amazingness

Hello! My vote requirement has been reached, so here I am I (for the second time within the time span of two days) posting again. Except this time it's an actual chapter.

That video on the side just cracks me up. It is hilarious. Or rather, I find it hilarious for some reason...especially the first 15 seconds...

The picture of the dress Hermione is wearing is on the side>>>>>>>

This is one of my favorite chapters, so I hope you like it as much as I do....

Enjoy!

*****************************************************************

“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.” 
― Lemony Snicket

            “Hermione! How much longer are you going to take?” Draco yelled in front of Hermione’s door. “I’m not getting any younger out here!”

            “I shall take however long as I please,” Hermione called out from inside her bedroom as she zipped up her dress. “And no one cares about you anyways!”

            “You see, what you actually mean is that no one cares about my age. People love me regardless of my age.”

            “Sure. If denial helps you sleep better at night.”

            “It does,” Draco added meaningfully, smirking as he did so.

            “Sometimes, I wonder why I still talk to you. You take everything I say and twist it into something perverted!” Hermione complained as she began doing her makeup.

            “Oh, you know you love it,” Draco replied, his smirk getting wider.

            “Trust me, I don’t,” Hermione called out as she finished the last touches on her makeup.

            “Oh, really? I--,” Draco began, his smirk now getting dangerously wide.

            “Shut Up, now would you?!” Hermione yelled, getting tired of being made fun of.

            “I would, if you hurried up.”

            “Merlin! I’m almost done. Fifteen more minutes!”

            “Fifteen more minutes?! In which way are you ‘almost done’? You’ve already been in there for hours!” Draco complained.

            “Well, then a few more hours shouldn’t hurt, right?” Hermione asked with a smile on her face, which wiped right off of her face when she realized what she had just said.

            “Oh, Really? If you sa--,” Draco began.

            “SHUT UP!,” Hermione yelled. “And forget that I said that. I need to learn to think before I open my mouth.”

            “Yes. It’s good—to learn—to—think—before—you open—your mouth,” Draco gasped out between fits of laughter.

            “You are impossible,” Hermione yelled, as she realized what she’d said, yet again, and turned beet red.

            “Fine, I’ll shut up,” Draco replied, getting quite tired of talking to a door. After remaining quiet for precisely three seconds, Draco began again, “I heard the funniest pick up line the other day. Do you want to hear it?”

            “What?!” Hermione yelled, as she finished the last touches on her hair.

            “I’ll take that as a yes!” Draco yelled back. “Your smile is like expelliarmus. Simple, yet disarming.”

            Hermione chocked on air, in the next room.

            “If you were a dementor, I’d become a criminal just to get your kiss,” Draco yelled, his smirk making a reappearance.

            “If you were a basilisk, I wouldn't mind dying just to look into your eyes.”

            “What the hell is wrong with you?!” Hermione screeched from her bedroom, as she put her earrings on.

            “You don’t have to say lumos maxima to turn me on,” Draco yelled, his smirk getting wider with each pick up line.

            “One night with me, and they’ll be calling you moaning Myrtle.”

            “They say I'm like the horn of a crumple-horned snorkack. Explosive.”

            “Ok. I’m almost done. Please, shut up! You are scaring me!” Hermione yelled as she hurriedly putting her shoes on.

            “Since you are not coming out anytime soon, mind if I Slytherin?” Draco yelled, his smirk threatening to permanently etch itself upon his face.

            “I’m done! I’m done!” Hermione yelled. Slowly the door to her room opened and a girl of ethereal beauty floated in. Or that’s what it seemed like to Draco.

            Hermione was dressed in the dress they had bought in Vivienne’s Boutique. But today, she looked even more beautiful than she had before, if possible. Her hair was arranged in soft curls and she was wearing silver jewelry that matched her dress perfectly. But none of this really contributed to radiant glow that she seemed to emit. She just looked beautiful.

            Draco was mesmerized, to say the least, by the sight of her. It seemed to him that everything stopped, the world stopped spinning, time, itself, stopped. He was speechless, stunned, astounded, dazed. But most of all Draco Malfoy was Wonderstruck.

            “How do I look?” Hermione asked, nervously fidgeting with her dress.

            “Huh?” Draco asked, displaying his great eloquence.

            “How do I look?” Hermione asked, now clearly worried. “Should I change?”

            “Are you using the confundus charm? Or are you naturally mind blowing?”

            Blushing and shaking her head, Hermione replied, “Draco, you truly are incorrigible.”

            “Well, you can’t improve perfection,” Draco replied smugly.

            “I believe that your ego is writing checks that your body can’t cash,” Hermione replied with a smirk of her own.

            “I disagree with you on that,” Draco replied, trying his best to hide a smirk. “You know platform 9 ¾? Well, I can think of something else with the exact same measurements.”

            Hermione smacked him with her clutch while clearly trying to hold back a laugh.

            Suddenly, Draco’s face lost all traces of gaiety and was replaced by seriousness. “Ready to go?”

            “Yes,” Hermione replied with a grave face. She took one last long look at him before taking his extended arm and disapparating.

**************************************************************************************************

I hope you enjoyed that, because it was a really fun chapter to write =)

I'll post again when I have 726 votes. Thats about 60 more votes. I count each and every vote (regular chapters, authors notes, bonus chapters, everything), so please vote!

Oh, and don't hesitate to leave your thoughts/comments about this chapter in the comment section below. I love hearing from you guys.

And if you have any creative/original Harry Potter pickup lines, feel free to post them on here. I, for one, find them to be absolutely hilarious =)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 22.3K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
5.3K 214 20
Brumous Grey skies and Winter Days, Filled with heavy clouds or Fog. During the tragedy that is happening in Hogwarts. Ginny Weasley is finding her w...
103K 2.8K 16
This is a short fanfic based on J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. The story starts after the war, and Hermione is dating Ron, all while keeping her...
1.2K 8 40
Embark on a magical adventure with Hermione Granger as she navigates the treacherous path from hatred to love in the enchanting world of Harry Potter...