The Straight-A Streetfighter✔️

By _AddictedToWriting_

Highest Rating: #73 in TEEN FICTION Cover is fan made :) "Being a nerd had destroyed my self esteem enough; I... More

Disclaimer/Info
Chapter 1: Let's Be Real, Nick
Chapter 2: "Study Session"
Chapter 3: Let's Change Things Up
Chapter 4: A Whole New Life
Chapter 5: Faith's Secret
Chapter 6: Now Nick Knows
Chapter 7: The Emotional Fight
Chapter 8: Crippled
Chapter 9: Depression sucks
Chapter 10: Shell of my former self
Chapter 11: Divorce
Chapter 12: Naith doesn't exist
I've been busy
Chapter 13: The Golden Age
Chapter 14: Will You Go Out With Me?
Chapter 15: I Was Right
Chapter 16: She's With Me
Chapter 17: Finally, Some Free Time
Chapter 18: Flashbacks
Chapter 19: Back to Reality
Chapter 20: Stepping In
Chapter 21: Suffering Through The Week
Characters
Chapter 22: Counting Down
Chapter 23: Getting Closer
Chapter 24: Ecstatic
Chapter 25: Above The Clouds
Chapter 26: In A Dream
New NEW book!
Chapter 27: It's Only May
Chapter 28: Hey, Why Not?
Chapter 29: Party Invites
Chapter 30: Is That You?
Authors Note
Wattys2017
Chapter 32: June Bug
Covers
Chapter 33: It's The Weekend
Chapter 34: Drama
Covers and stuff
Chapter 35: Hospital... Again
Chapter 36: Back In Business [LAST CHAPTER]
Epilogue
🙊FACE REVEAL🙊
A Message to EVERYONE
BONUS CHAPTER: Weakling
The New Kid
Escaping Oblivion
Book idea

Chapter 31: Well, That's Nice

1.8K 59 6
By _AddictedToWriting_

'Dad! Dad!' I called as I ran in the woods. It was something I loved to do when I was younger.

He ran to me, as he had just gotten out of his car. He tickled me, and I laughed until I couldn't breath. Maybe even then.

My life was perfect.

"Dad, who's that?" I asked when I saw a lady sitting in his car. He turned to me, a look of surprise and fear flashed across his face. "Oh, its just a friend."

I raised my eyebrows. I was pretty confused.

That was one summer ago. It was the first time I saw her. And from that time, I knew in my heart there was something wrong.

Suddenly memories flashed in my head of the exact moment mom told me they were getting a divorce, and when she told me he was cheating on her.

It was one of the most painful memories in my life.

My eyes shot open, as tears started to flow freely down my cheeks. I sat there for a few minutes, quietly sobbing, and looked over to my clock. 3:15am, well shit. How am I supposed to sleep now, with those memories wandering my mind? As I sat up in my bed, the memories flooded my mind of the first time I'd seen that woman. I had thought of her as a simple friend. But it turned out that it was much more and it played a part in the divorce between my mom and dad. As a temporary solution, I sat there, letting the memories eventually drop out of my conscience, and eventually I fell back asleep. And this time, I had no memories of the divorce going through my head. In fact, I didn't dream.

~~~

I didn't really understand why this was hitting me so hard just now. That, in fact, was the first nightmare I'd had about it. Yes, it took me a while to sort of get over it, but when it was revealed to me that dad was cheating, it hit me again, and this time, it was much harder. Much more effective. I just hope that I can function. I don't want to end high school unhappy!

I was also slightly concerned because since I had a fight today, and sleep actually effected my performance. So, I planned to grabbed Starbucks as I went home after school. But enough planning for after, considering school would start in just under an hour. Since I wanted to have time to relax before school, I quickly went to my dresser and grabbed some clothes. I grabbed some black sandals and went down the stairs to the kitchen where breakfast was being made. Other than the divorce, I did have a pretty decent life. I would prefer staying with my mom other than my dad because it was dad's choice to leave. And though it would fade from my memory sometime later, I will never forgive him.

I ate a meal consisting of some eggs and toast before taking my bag off the hook by the garage and dashing out the front door. I could already tell that today was going to be a tougher one; I could pretty much always tell when it was one of the days where I just didn't feel like doing anything. But nonetheless, I needed to keep a decent grade to be accepted into a good college. Yawning, I turned on my car and pressed the gas pedal, driving off to the hell hole a.k.a. school.

When I pulled up to the school parking lot, I turned on my phone's screen that read 7:01, Wednesday, May 31.

I have to say, I think time is purposely going slower just because it's the end of the school year. I parked in the lot before hastily grabbing my bag and walking into the school. Since the school year is coming to an end, and especially senior year, the teachers are cramming us with finals testing. I swear, it is one of the most annoying things in my life.

Strangely, the few days I decide to skip, I never have any tests. So, today I likely had at least one.

To cut things short, today was nothing short of boring. Well, except for the test in Science, which was probably the definition of boring. And easy.

As I drove home, I thought about what I would do over the summer. Maybe I'd finish college applications, hang out with friends a little bit. Of course I was avoiding the inevitable. I would eventually have to visit my dad, his fiancee, and her bratty, bitchy, completely self-absorbed daughter Tiffany. I would be jumping with joy when I would be done with this whole mess and be able to live my life.

Other than that, I hardly noticed when I pulled into the all-too-familiar driveway and creaking noise of the garage opening.

Oh shit! I thought. I had an hour to get ready and I forgot to grab Starbucks! No big deal, I told myself. I simply turned my car on again and drove to starbucks, picking up an iced mocha before going home to change, warm up, and head to the club.

~~~

The sounds of people dropping on the mat had become a familiarity for me. Especially when I was the one punching said person into the ground. It sounds like i'm a violent person, and in reality, I definitely can be, but i'm not always that way. Being bullied for the past decade or so has hardened me, strengthened me, so emotions toward people that bully me have disappeared into nothing but anger and a twinge of disappointment. Towards friends and family, however, i'm pretty much the nicest person around.

I scanned the area, looking for Julia, and I found her by the weights area, warming up. Julia's schedule was a lot different than mine; It was rare for her to have a fight the same day I did. But nevertheless, we still attend each other's fights, to cheer each other on.

After a few minutes of warm-ups, I had to go. Julia took a seat in the front row by the mat, and I stood in my stance, waiting for the person to show up.

But what had me shocked wasn't their cockiness or weight or that. It was their gender.

There was another streetfighter that was a girl. I had never seen her around here before, maybe she was new? We walked to each other, shaking hands, before backing up to either side of the ring.

"This is Faith 'The Falcon' Lillith against Rebecca 'Raven' Wilde. Take your positions."

I'm sorry, Rebecca Wilde? Are you shitting me that there's another Wilde in my life?

Her hair was blonde with purple highlights. Her eyes were a hazel shade, and she could come off as aggressive and intimidating to many, I could tell.

The bell dinged, and despite my victory, she didn't fight like a beginner. She actually had some skill, and I was surprised. Was she part of the Wildes, the family that raised the most conceited girl I knew?

After the match ended, I approached her. How could she be so different than the Wildes, yet have the same last name? It made no sense.

"Hey, good match earlier. Your last name is Wilde, right? Do you have a sister?"

She turned to look at me, her face filled with conflicting emotions. Her face contorted with disgust. "Ugh, don't even ask. I'm ashamed to be related to those assholes." I raised an eyebrow. "Sorry if it's too personal, but what happened?"

She rolled her eyes, but spoke. "My mom, Jessica, cheated on my dad. My sister Tiffany and I were taken into different custodies. I stay with my dad, and my sister Tiffany stayed with my bitchy mother. And I imagine you've seen Tiffany before?" She asked. I nodded. "Well, our parents treat us different ways, so that's why we look different. Of course,we chose our own styles. I hate the fact that I'm twins with that bitch."

I still had one question. "If you're the same age, then how come i've never seen you around school?"

"Oh. I take an online education, and I get very high grades. I refused to go to the same school as that slut." She said bluntly. It surprised me, but didn't at the same time, that she could insult her sister like that, let alone her twin sister. But hey, if I was in her situation, I would too.

"You seem cool, Faith. We could hang out. Can I get your phone number?" She said in a slightly bored tone. I nodded, and we put each other's numbers into our phones. "Hey, Rebecca, my friend Julia's having a graduation party on June 14. I'm sure she wouldn't mind having you."

She turned around from walking away. "Sounds cool. I'll see you there, and maybe in the ring a few times." She said, smirking. I returned the smirk, and we walked to the exit together, Julia giving her an invite as she walked with us.

I guess I'd gained a new friend, and it was who I would never expect it to be. I admit, I never thought I'd be friends with a Wilde, let alone a twin. But, I guess the future has a way of surprising you.

~~~

Yawning, I made my way up the driveway, into the garage, and in the door. I slipped my shoes off, walking around in just my socks as I grabbed something to eat.

Nothing super interesting happened that evening, as I fell asleep texting Julia and Rebecca.

I just hope I can make it through the rest of the year on a good note.

Hello again everyone! 

Since school is out for me, I am going to try to get on a regular updating schedule. However, i have things i'm doing this summer that may prevent me from doing this. For example, i am attending a fine arts camp for a little under two weeks. So, hang in there!

I would love suggestions for an updating schedule, please comment them right here!

I decided to update a little earlier, as school is out for me and I have a lot more time to write, which is awesome for everyone!

Also, I have decided that the plot needs more time to work out, so instead of 35 chapters, like I had originally planned for, this book could have a maximum of 45 chapters. I doubt it'll actually be that long, but that, I think, is the max amount of time the plot needs to develop at a good pace.

Please don't hesitate to comment about any suggestions or overall insight on how the book is going!

Please email all covers and banners to gkmgirl2@gmail.com!

Oh, and by the way, question of the day: How old do y'all think I am? And should I tell you how old I am? Guesses right here! (tries to do a down arrow but fails) 

-Grace :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 9.2K 28
#515 in Teen Fiction Blair Collins in the nerd of the Hawks High School. She is either ignored, or terrorized by her peers not just for being a nerd...
498K 17K 43
《 Highest Ranking: #5 in Vampire 》 "Is that Marcus? Marcus as in, from our High School Marcus!" Casey squeaked. I spun around, not quite believing h...
386K 12.1K 48
COVER BY @TheStoryWriterWrites Anna Louise Bennet. The school's nerd, loner, punch bag, personal homework slave to the 'popular crowd'. Wears baggy c...
27.1K 662 15
Duck I drop down. The smell of sweat and alcohol fill my nostrils. I feel the air swish above my head as his fist flies over my head. Crack That's th...