Love is Blind

Por onfireonfire

When Camila struggles to fit in with her disability, her only friend Shawn seems to pull through, but what ha... Más

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen

chapter eight

4K 186 70
Por onfireonfire

"Hey, we should go now I guess." Lauren sighed as they sat on the steps to the school waiting for Shawn so they could walk home.

"Without Shawn?" Camila laughed. "No way, he'd lose it. He'd be so mad again."

"Yeah well, he kinda just walked by without saying goodbye." Lauren winced as she explained it.

"Shoot, really?" Camila asked. furrowing her brow.

"Yeah, c'mon. I can bring you to the party if you want." Lauren offered.

"Okay. I have to sneak out though. Could you pick me up around ten?" Camila asked.

"I guess I'll just tell Colson that I'll be late. I don't mind doing it for you." Lauren rustled Camila's hair a bit.

"So, have your parents always been this controlling?" Lauren asked.

"Yup." Camila laughed. "Ever since the day I was born."

"How are they about boyfriends, I can't imagine." Lauren laughed.

"Well, I wouldn't know since I've never had one." Camila laughed.

"Wait, really? I mean I know you haven't kissed but..." Lauren raised a brow, "You've never dated? Watch for this step." Lauren finished, guiding her over the step.

"Thanks. And well, I've never dated but I've had crushes before which my parents already get protective about. They have eyes on every boy ever besides Shawn. They trust him a lot. I'm afraid they also ship me with him a lot." Camila laughed.

"Really? I mean it's not that hard to believe, but I trust you when you say you dob't have feelings for him. Do they not?" The raven haired girl questioned.

"They're convinced I'll fall for him eventually as we grow up and become older. As if being young means you don't fall in love and whatever feelings of love you do have aren't valid at all." Camila laughed and shook her head. "I mean what I say though. Shawn is a nice guy, and cute by the feel of his face, but he's just my friend."

__________

As promised, Camila met Lauren outside of her house at 10:00 PM sharp. This time it felt more natural to cling to Lauren's shoulders as the green eyed girl pedaled them towards Colson's house, only in the next neighborhood.

When they arrived, the party was already getting started, tens of people crowding each room of the house and it's balcony.

"You take a seat down here on the couch. I'll be a few feet away, I'm just going to get my laptop set up so I can dj, okay?" Lauren said loudly to speak over everyone in the room. Camila nodded and laid back on the couch, enjoying the sound of whatever radio station was already playing.

"Lauren! Holy shit, you made it! The saturday club mixes on the radio were getting a little old by now. I was thinking you could give us something with a little more than that generic beat, right?" He said before mimicking the stereotypical club beat that played in every remix they heard.

"Yeah, I can do that for you." Lauren smiled, hooking up her laptop to the speakers and opening up Spotify.

Colson nodded and smiled. "Cool. Thanks for doing this for me. All of my friends have shit taste in music. None of them have the diversity you do. Throw in whatever you want in there as long as it can keep the crowd dancing. And don't feel like you need to do it all night, y'know. Feel free to take a break, find me and we can catch a drink. How about that?" Colson pointed to her and nodded as he back up and began walking away.

"Hey Mila, You feeling like dancing tonight? There's beer in the kitchen if you feel like you need some liquid courage, alright? I don't think I forgive myself if you didn't have a good time here tonight." He laughed and continued walking, this time up to Brad and Zayn.

"Colson, my man!" Brad laughed. "So where is that stronger alcohol hiding, huh?"

Colson laughed, "Yeah, I think Justin's supposed to bring it any minute now. For now I'm stuck with some beers in the fridge but you can make yourself at home, you're welcome to chug all of it, man!"

"I'll wait for the strong stuff." Zayn laughed and shook his head. I can stand remembering a bit of tonight if it means I can get completely wasted later."

"That's my dude." Colson laughed, giving him a pat on the back and walking off again. His job as host really did include short conversations with the numerous people who had already showed up and who could tell by the looks of Shawn sitting alone that this one would be his shortest yet.

"Hey dude, what's up?" Colson rustled the boy's hair. "You're just like Cabello over there, sitting down and not dancing or anything. Lighten up a bit, man." He laughed and walked off.

Shawn rolled his eyes and scoffed, looking across the room at Camila, who was completely oblivious to his presence. He sighed, looking down at his cup of soda and standing up, walking past Camila and out of the room. He walked up stairs, past the couples making out against the walls and people grouping towards the top conversing. When he turned the corner and walked down the hallway was when he spotted his project partner.

"Justin!" He called for him as he met the boy at the end. "You know one of these days you're going to have to actually show up to one of the times we have set to work on the project in the library."

Just smiled goofily and swayed a but as he turned to see him. "I'm sorry dude, I'm sorry. I'm just really not feeling it, you know? My laziness goes through the charts during projects that are about things I don't give a damn about." He chuckled and hiccuped mid sentence.

"Jesus, what are you three hiding back here?" Shawn asked as he raised a brow and inspected the two other boys laughing and whispering to each other.

"I'm not hiding anything. This is publicly advertised alcohol, my friend. What, I don't suppose you'd want any?" Justin laughed.

Shawn responded by pouring the rest of his sprite out on the carpet and holding his now empty cup out in his direction.

"Damn really?" Shawn nodded again in confirmation. "No way, straight?" Shawn nodded again. Justin pulled out the clear and blue bottle and poured some into the boy's cup, filling it up half way. "Knock yourself out, dude."

Shawn began walking away, taking a sip of the alcohol and wincing as it burned his throat.

__________

Camila was sitting on the couch, tapping her fingers to the song playing. She wondered if Shawn was here for a split second but then cleared her mind, trying to think of happier things. She was here with Lauren. The girl who was her new friend. Maybe even best friend. Assuming she could ignore the fact that she was quite clearly attracted to the soft skinned girl.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the song began to fade out and the new one began to play. She smiled as she listened to the beginning of the now familiar song, Girls by The 1975.

"Hey c'mon, loser. Let's dance." Lauren smiled and quirked a brow. She reached for Camila's hand and Camila took it as she grinned nervously and allowed the girl to pull her up to her feet.

Lauren led her to the crowd of other girls and boys dancing and found Colson within the crowd. "Hey, Gunner! If you don't mind, I queued up a bunch of songs to play, I'm taking a break."

"Yeah no problem! It's good to see you two ladies on your feet and dancing finally!" Colson cheered and took a chug of his drink.

Lauren leaned in the whisper in Camila's ear. "Feel free to move your feet." both girls smiled and Camila began to pick up her feet instead of swaying back and forth. "How about I go get you a drink, Camz. They have soda upstairs, you like coke, right?"

"Uh, yeah that would be nice." Camila nodded in return.

"Great, I'll be right back." Lauren gave her hand a squeeze before the contact was gone and she could feel Lauren leaving behind her. She sighed and kept dancing, not exactly enjoying being left without her.

"Hey, Camila. Can I ask you something?" Colson asked, leaning in closer and speaking quietly.

"Uh, now?" Camila asked, nervous the boy was finally going to confess to the year of feelings he had obviously had for her.

"It's better now that we're alone." He said and Camila gulped nervously. "Does... Does Lauren ever talk about me? Like does she ever bring me up or compliment me when you two talk?"

"What?" Camila questioned, furrowing her brow.

" I want to get a feel of whether of not she likes me, you know? Cause, well, don't tell anyone but I really like her. She just seems like girlfriend material, you know?" Colson explained and Camila forced a smile.

"Well, she doesn't really talk about you, ever. But don't let that drag you down." She responded. The girl did her best to convince herself that she wasn't attracted to Lauren, another girl who was most likely straight anyways.

"Do you think you could put in a good word for me? Like jut bring me up to her at some point and see how she responds?" Colson asked, hopefully.

Camila shrugged, "Sure I guess. I can do that."

"Oh my god thanks, Mila. You are the fucking best, Cabello and I mean it." Colson laughed, holding on to her shoulders as he spoke and then rustling her hair. "I gotta go talk to some of the other guests and be a host, but keep on dancing. You look super fine, half the boys in here think you're smokin', so keep it up." The tall blonde boy said before walking away.

Camila sighed, deciding that dancing alone in the middle of a party wasn't exactly where she wanted to be. She slowly walked back to the couch she was sitting on before falling back onto it and sighing. Lauren had left her and she didn't have Shawn to stay with. Why did he have go leave her.

Suddenly the music stopped playing. The crowd if teens yelled until one voice spoke up.

"Alright, lame asses, we're playing some spin the bottle!" Brad yelled out. Camila slid to the end of the couch, hoping to avoid the game but Zayn walked over and pulled her up from her seat.

"Come on! You're playing too Cabello." He laughed.

"I'll pass." Camila sighed, pushing him away.

"What, too chicken? That's right because you've never kissed anyone before." Brad laughed.

"Yes I have." Camila argued, furrowing her brow.

"If you had kissed anyone besides that horny guide dog of yours, you wouldn't have a problem with the game of kissing strangers. So come on over and take a seat in the circle." The boy rolled his eyes, holding the empty vodka bottle in his hand as he walked down to the circle.

"Fine." Camila scoffed and Zayn led her to the circle of teenagers sitting down on the ground.

"Okay, seeing as I started the game, it's only fair that I go first. Whoever the bottle lands on gets to kiss me." Brad smiled and spun the bottle to kick off the game.

Although Camila didn't know much about who was kissing who, she tried to smile and force a laugh as each round happened.

"Okay, okay. Now is the moment everyone's been waiting for. In fact I'm sure all of you girls are playing just so that you can have a shot at kissing him. Am I right, Zayn?"

"What, me?" The boy asked.

"No, the other Zayn." Brad laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Alright fine, whatever." Zayn laughed, reaching for the bottle and spinning it. As it began to slow down, Brad forced his hand down on top of it to bring it to a stop as it pointed to Camila.

"Cabello!" He called out and Camila flinched. "Aw, you really hit the jackpot, Camila."

Zayn smiled and quirked a brow, whispering to Brad "Seriously? A kiss is the last thing I want from her unless this were seven minute in heaven and I could grab that ass too."

"Don't worry, I have an idea." Brad laughed, drunkenly. "Trust me, it's way better than grabbing her ass or tits, and way more likely to go viral."

( a/n : guys I want to see Cars 3 so badly )

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

9K 507 10
When Lauren gets hurt one too many times she decides to leave her hometown. But when she gets in a terrible accident she has to go to the hospital. W...
69.2K 1.7K 28
Lauren has moved to New York City with her three best friends to start her college life. She's excited to leave the drama of high school but she find...
65.3K 1.7K 12
This is about Camila being a new kid at school and Lauren hating her cause she's stealing the spotlight away from Lauren and Lauren would do anything...
94.3K 2.2K 31
Camila's Cocky and player side is completely changed when she allows herself to be hurt by someone she never expected. When Camila goes away to war...