SAMPLE - The Hunting Game (Re...

By RamenLady

(Completed. Edited by: RonnyRotten) THIS IS A SAMPLE °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° Rejection has never been sweeter For Pa... More

Trailer
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Cast Pictures
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Noor - Bonus Chapter
Kyle - Bonus Chapter
Epilogue
The Return of Noor
Bonus Chapter - Titus & Patience
Kyle - Bonus Chapter - His Ending
Bonus Chapter 1: Ivana & Killian
Bonus Chapter 2: Ivana & Killian
Another Book??
Rejection Series
The Hunting Game is getting Published
PLOT TWIST!!
JUST FOR YOU!!
Extra, extra! Read all about it!
Get this book for free (limited time only)!
In 3, 2, 1
WE ARE LIVE!!

Chapter 15

208K 9.8K 710
By RamenLady

I felt something fluttered across my face. I pouted and swatted away the offending object that was tickling me. When it was gone I snuggled closer to what seems like a pillow but how did I end up with a pillow under me when I was outside on the balcony. I shot up immediately and my forehead hit Titus's chin. I let out a yelp as I held my forehead and glared at him. He was holding his chin when he looked at me.

"Why did you do that for?" He asked as he frowned.

"Why did you wake me up?" I retorted.

He broke into a grin. "You were sleeping outside in the balcony. I can't have my mate sleeping out there. I carried you inside. You were murmuring in your sleep. Did you have a bad dream? I crawled into bed with you and as if you knew it was me you snuggled into my body."

"I did not." I mumbled feeling heat crawling up my cheeks.

"Oh yes, you did. You snuggled so close to my body I didn't even get to leave. So I held you all night." He teased and I groaned as I flipped over away from him to muffle my embarrassment in a pillow.

I heard him chuckling as he leaned over his warm body pressed to my back as he hovered of me. His lips moved to the back of my neck and I can feel his warm breathing tickling me.

"What did you dream about?" He asked.

I turned slightly to look at him and memories of what I dreamt about flashed through my mind. The Moon Goddess and her riddle were prominent in my mind. I turned completely onto my back and chewed my bottom lip as I tried to remember her riddle.

Titus propped himself on one elbow as he lay down on one side. His muscles flexing as he did that action. Momentarily distracted, I looked at his body and my tongue darted out to lick my dried lips. His messy bed hair look was absolute sinful. It should be banned and consider illegal. No sexy messy bed hair for hot Alphas. I'm going to put in that proposition. He cleared his throat and my eyes flickered back up to his eyes which were clearly amused as he saw where exactly I was looking at. I pursed my lips in annoyance.

"Go away." I muttered and flipped back to my side. His arm snaked around my waist and pulled me back into his chest as he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck.

"You are a difficult female, Patience." He murmured softly as his lips found my skin.

"I thought you were mad at me and intent on hiding things on me." I mumbled finding it harder to be mad at him when he was nuzzling me like that.

He sighed and leaned back a little. "C'mere."

He lifted me like nothing onto his lap. I turned to look at him and all I could think about was how beautiful he looked up close. I wanted to pounce him and eat him up alive. Kidding! He does look delicious though. My eyes dropped to his lips before flitting back up to his icy blue eyes.

"Yes?" I asked.

He chuckled and I guess he was in a better mood today than yesterday. "Amelia is my true mate. I found out when she shifted. We were together for a year. She said that she wanted to wait before we did the mating ceremony. So I waited but she was lying. She was debating if she wanted her chosen or she wanted me as her mate."

He adjusted our position so that he was leaning back against the headboard of the bed and with me between his legs and his arms wrapped around me protectively.

"I woke up one night in pain. I felt like someone was carving into my skin and slowly taking out my organs without any anesthesia. The next day, I approached her and she smelt like another male and his arousal. I knew what she did." He said and I knew what he means. I felt the same thing every single night with Kyle and my sister. "You know what she said?"

"What?" I asked quietly as I felt sorrow for him. Nobody deserves to go through that.

"She said she loves me but she said before she was going to spend the rest of her life with me she wanted to be able to experience what she could of have with the her chosen." He said as if something bitter was in his mouth.

I turned around to look at him. He gave me a smile and I felt my heart moved again in fast beats. He seems to have that affect on me. His hand came out and touched my cheek and I closed my eyes, savoring in the heated tingles he gave me.

"Do you feel that?" He asked and my eyes opened to look at him. When I nodded he spoke again, "I knew you were mine the minute I smelt you on that field. Your scent was so strong, my wolf was howling inside of me demanding to search for the female who had awakened him. When I saw you in that line with that blindfold, I knew it was you. Imagine my delight when I touched you and I felt this-"

His hand moved down to my neck where the heated tangles danced and spread like wild fire.

"I knew you were the one. I knew you were mine and only mine. My wolf wouldn't have it any other way. He has already chosen you as I did too." He whispered lowly. "Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point (The heart has its reasons which reasons know nothing of)."

"Tell me what that means." I asked and when he said it English it made me think about what the Moon Goddess had said to me in my dream.

"So, I have gathered that Amelia has spoken to you." He said as his hand dropped from my neck onto his side.

"She-" I began but was interrupted with a knock on the door. I turned slightly to look at the door. Titus got up from bed and walked over half dressed to open the door.

"What is it?" He asked. I heard some muffled voices on the other end and then they spoke in French back and forth. Whatever it was they didn't want me to know.

I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth but that familiar burning sensation ran through my body again. I clutched at my heart and my body leaned against the counter to help me. A soft whimper escaped my lips and I began seeing white as the world began spinning around me. I closed my eyes tightly to try to blink away the blurriness in my vision. Sharp stabbing pain in my guts began and it felt like needles prickling me all over the places.

I dropped to the ground and curled up into a fetal position as I let the painful tears fall. I haven't fully rejected Kyle yet and the bond with him was still there even though it might not be as strong. I closed my eyes and willed myself to go to a happy place in my mind as it has helped me in the past but I knew what was coming and this was just only the beginning. A few moments later I felt the needles on my skin dig deeper and my gut twisting harder. I let out a cry and used my fist to muffle it as I did not want Titus to see. However, he heard it.

Within a second he was by my side. He examined my body before he knew what was going on and he scooped me up into his chest and carried me over to the bed where he sat down with me in his lap. He began murmuring soothing words as his hand caressed me all over my body.

"You will be fine." He whispered and kissed my forehead. "You haven't spoken the words to him, have you?"

"No." I said through clenched teeth. "Someone was in a hurry."

He chuckled and hugged me closer. "You have to say it. It will help ease the pain."

"I know. I didn't in the past because-"I paused for a moment because I knew why. "I still had hope."

Titus did not look angry instead as I looked into his eyes all I could see was him understanding what I was saying.

"I know it is bad of me. He is my sister's mate now but I thought—I know I am foolish." I said quietly. The nearness of Titus helped eased the pain amazingly. I could only feel tingles of it now.

"You are not foolish. Mates are what we need to survive as werewolves. You were just giving him a chance he didn't deserve. That does not make you foolish." He whispered quietly and then hugged me tighter.

"C-can I call my family?" I asked him. He gave me a soft smile before nodding.

"Get dressed and when you are feeling better, meet me in my office." He said.

The pain has eased completely and I can feel that my wolf and I were a little weak from it but we should still be fine. Our first time feeling it, we were in bed for days. It did weaken us so badly I really thought I was going to die.

He sat me down on the bed gently, planting a kiss on my forehead that sent little shivers through my body and then sniffing my lightly before pulling back and headed to the door. I watched him leave me and then got up and got dressed.

I pulled on one of his t-shirts and slipped on one of his athlete shorts that were too big. I pulled on the strings to tighten it up. I really need clothes soon. We left so quickly, I didn't get to pack. I put my hair up into a ponytail and headed to his office for which I have no clue where it was so I wondered around until I bumped into Noor.

"Where are you going, Patience?" He asked.

I awkwardly laughed as I scratched my head, "I am trying to find your Alpha's office."

He chuckled and waved his hand for me to go over to him, "Let me do the honors of taking you. You are on the wrong side of the house. His office is actually really close to your bedroom."

We made our way up a few flights of stairs back to our floor and then led me to the end of the hallway where another door was there. He knocked on the door before opening it. Titus was on the phone speaking in French and when he saw us his eyes moved from Noor to me.

"Thank you." I said as I turned to Noor. "You have been very helpful."

"Anytime, Patience." He replied and then turned slightly. "I better get going. If I am late for training, the Alpha would eat me for dinner."

I laughed softly at him as he shot Titus a look before smiling and walking out the door. I turned to Titus and he waved me over. I walked over to his side and immediately he pulled me into his lap. His nose was burying in my neck as he spoke French every now and then to answer the other man on the other end. I waited patiently for him to finish and when the call took longer I began touching the stuff on his table, leaning forward a little I played with his post it notes as I wrote little notes here and there.

I felt a pinch at my butt and I squealed a little and I sat up straighter. It was then I felt that apparent hardness on my back. I turned to look at him and he arched an eyebrow. I moved to get off his lap but his grip around my waist tightened. He placed the phone on mute and leaned in to kiss my neck where my pulse beats.

"You need to stop moving your bottom, my beautiful mate. Otherwise, you and I would be doing something you might not be ready for." He whispered and my stomach fluttered with butterflies. I bit my lip and remained completely frozen in my spot. He chuckled as he un-muted the phone. God, he was really crazy. Crazy Alpha mate and now my body was fully aware of every part of our body that was touching and I couldn't stop thinking about what exactly we would be doing if I continued to move around in his lap.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 13.8K 105
OMEGA -The lowest status that a wolf could get in a pack. Regarded as the scapegoat, the pack's personal stress reliever and the pack's personal p...
1.2M 38.8K 47
What happens when fate presents you with a second chance when you didn't hope for it. Not your clique rejection story. Read to find out how! vote an...
869K 32.5K 35
[COMPLETED] After Red found her mate, she was ecstatic, finally she gets to feel that love told only in stories, however everything quickly goes down...
469K 9.6K 36
Eclipse is the omega of the star pack. Her pack treats her like a maid. When Eclipse was younger she always wanted the fairytale ending, but as she g...