The Immortals

By TheZephyraTwins

Unable to age in both appearance and time, Uriel is forced to move from town to town so that people do not fi... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Girl Next Door
Chapter 3 - Welcome to Rosewood High

Chapter 2 - An Unfriendly Truce

71 3 2
By TheZephyraTwins

For all those interested, the picture on the side is of Ren ;3 --->

______________________________________________________

Uriel immediately hated the guy about a million times more now that he saw him. He looked way too overly nice to be actually nice, which usually meant that he was a dick. Who the hell did this loser think he was to pick up Rosie and claim her as his chick? Uriel mentally slapped himself. Oh ya, this loser of a weirdo was her boyfriend. Uriel had the rising urge to walk up to this retard and punch him square in the face and throw every insult known to man his way.

Rosie ran up to Ren and wrapped her arms around him. He embraced the hug, lifted her chin slightly and pressed his lips against hers in a gentle kiss. After a few moments, he pulled away, looking at her through his black eyes.

“Where’ve you been? You invited me over and then just disappeared on me. By the way, what’s with the kid, anyways? Don’t tell me you’ve gone jacking off with this pest behind my back.” His voice was pretty deep, yet it stayed calm all the way through. He seemed unpleased at the sight of someone else with his girl, especially since that someone was a guy.

Uriel really wanted to punch him out now. What kind of guy did this loser freak of nature think he was? Though he did wish that sometimes he would be mean enough to steal another person's girlfriend, notably, this loser.

Uriel clenched his fists and hissed. "No, she didn't. I have enough common sense not to fuck a girl I meet on the first day, especially when I know she already has a boyfriend. Though you seem like a nice piece of work, if I may say so myself."

Ren kept an emotionless expression, however he was now only staring at Uriel. Rosie looked back at Uriel, her smile having disappeared for a moment. “Please, don’t start a fight here. Let’s all try to get along, shall we?” She turned back to Ren and gently took his hand. He then got up from his leaning position on the door, and then they both walked up closer to be standing in front of Uriel.

Rosie then continued cheerfully. “I’d like you to meet my boyfriend, Ren. Ren, this here is Uriel. He just moved in today, so I was only off giving him a tour around the place. Is that a problem with you, or am I not allowed having any guy friends anymore? You’re already friends with most of the guys I hang with, anyways, so what’s the big deal with Uriel?”

Ren looked down at her, then back at Uriel. “I just don’t see why you like this punk. He seems… never mind. I’ve been taught better than to say something others may find offending.”

Uriel glared. "Who's the punk here, jackass?"

Ren only shrugged. "You are, as I just pointed out. Or would you rather I call you 'kid', or better yet 'jerk', for having taken time out of my date."

Uriel glared at Ren. A sudden gust of wind blew by and Ren's bangs blew away from his face.

Uriel grabbed his head in pain and fell to the ground. He saw images of a younger boy with the same tattoos smiling at him. But not much else, the vision was going by too fast for Uriel to comprehend any of it.

Uriel kept his hand clenched in his hair and the other steadying him on the ground, and asked, his eyes closed. "Do I... do I know you?"

Ren kept an emotionless expression once again, and shrugged in confusion. “How should I know? It’s the first time I’ve ever seen you in my lifetime, kid. If I’ve only ever seen you once before, I don’t usually keep track of who I just so happen to bump into on the street.”

He turned to Rosie, and then wrapped his arm around her, placing his hand on her other shoulder, then pulled her closer to him. He looked back a Uriel, and then continued in his calm as always voice. “Not that I want to be rude, but we kind of have somewhere to go. I was planning on getting there before the sun sets, so you wouldn’t mind leaving us alone, would you, Ariel? That’s what a date usually is, just two people.”

Uriel shrugged. "Whatever. Hope you two enjoy the sex while it lasts!"

Uriel quickly turned and walked off calmly, trying to keep the image of Ren and Rosie having sex out of his mind. But it was futile.

The image of his lips on hers wouldn't leave his mind, and it was beginning to piss him off.

Once Uriel walked into the house, he slammed the door behind him. His mother walked up and asked worriedly. "Is everything all right, hun?"

Uriel unwittingly glared and replied sharply. "No, everything is not alright mother. The girl I like has a boyfriend who's a fucken prick!"

His mother sighed. "What did he do?"

Uriel replied bluntly. "That's just the thing. It's what he didn't do that pisses me off!"

His mother sighed. "Oh honey, you should know by now that getting into relationships is pointless, especially with the fact that you'll live forever. Your girlfriends and wives will all die while you remain seventeen years old your entire life."

Uriel sighed and muttered. "Whatever. I'm goin’ to my room. I'll have supper later."

He ran and took the stairs two by two, took a left down the hall, entered his room and slammed the door behind him.

He flopped down onto his bed, and thought about the fact that while he lived forever, those around him that he loved would grow old and die.

And he had absolutely no say in it whatsoever, even if he wanted to.

The next morning was peaceful enough. It was a little chilly outside, yet there was no wind and the sun shone brightly through the minimal clouds. The fog added to the beauty of the mountains behind Uriel's house, with the snow on the mountain capes reflecting brightly under the rays of morning light. Uriel walked outside, then stretched out his arms, smiling as he looked around. By far the most beautiful morning I've ever woken up to,he thought to himself, enjoying the beauty. His smile then vanished when he had remembered what had happened the night before. He sighed, then started walking down the trail, going left as usual, in the direction of Rosie's house. As he walked down the path, he saw that Rosie was walking down in his direction. As she saw him, she quickened her pace, waving to Uriel and smiling sweetly.

"Mornin', Uriel! Beautiful, isn't it? I was just coming to see you!"

Uriel shook his head. "It's okay. By the way, how was your night of sex? Was it all that you expected it to be?"

Rosie froze for a moment, her smile vanishing. Instead, she partially glared at him, then answered. "If you consider having a picnic on a hillside watching the sun set behind the mountains having “sex”, then it was wonderful, thank you very much! I'll have you know that we've never done it before, and I don't plan on doing it with him until I know for sure that our relationship will last!"

Her smile then reappeared, then she continued sweetly. "Anyways, I was coming to see if you and your mom would like to come over for breakfast. My parents are just dying to meet you both."

Uriel shrugged. "Ya okay, whatever. I'll believe you maybe fifty years from now, but not today. Anyways, ya, that can be arranged, do you want me to go get my mom right now? Or do you maybe, I dunno, wanna hang out a little first?"

Rosie only kept smiling, then said calmly. "Actually, if you can go get her now, that would be great! I have to go back, though. I promised that I'd help set up the table and cook and stuff. So I guess I'll see you in a bit, right?"

Uriel nodded, smiling. "Yeah, I'll see you in a bit," Just before Uriel turned around, he quickly shot. "By the way, I'd like to bring you somewhere sometime, just the two of us, as friends, of course." Rosie smiled and said happily. "Sure, sounds like fun. Tell me when you figure out a date and day sometime too, it would be really helpful." Uriel smiled and was on his way, a nod of his head as his answer. As quickly as he had come, Uriel ran back home and into the house. As usual, his mother was sitting in the living room, today with a book about cross-stitching. "Hey mom, I bumped into Rosie this morning and she and her parents invited us over for breakfast.” Uriel's mom smiled. "That sounds wonderful dear. Just wait a little till I get changed." Uriel nodded, then his mom got up and walked upstairs.

Uriel waited for about ten minutes when his mom came down in her half casual, half dressy clothing. She threw me the keys, which I caught with ease and said. "You're driving, now let's go."

The next ten minutes which took to get to Rosie's house were spent in silence. But soon enough, they pulled into her driveway, got out, walked over to her door, and knocked.

When the door opened, it was an older looking woman that answered. She was in about her mid-thirties, and her blonde hair was pulled back into a low pig-tail. "Ah, so this must be the famous Uriel that our Rosie's been telling us about! And you must be his mother. It's a pleasure meeting you both. You can call me Lilya. Why don't you come on in and get yourselves settled. The dining room is straight down the hall, second door on your left."

Lilya stepped aside, leaving some room for Uriel and his mother to come in.

Uriel entered the house, followed by his mother. He stood to the side and removed his shoes.

Uriel looked into Lilya's eyes and said. "I'm Uriel, and this is my mother, Sue. If it's no trouble for you, might I ask where Rosie is? It seems strange for her not to answer the door, even though we just met yesterday."

Lilya smiled sweetly at them, then replied. "She's just in the kitchen helpin--"

She got interrupted by a high-pitched squeal. The three went around to the entrance of the kitchen, where Rosie and her father were laughing away, Rosie's shirt drenched with water. She grabbed the sink hose, then quickly squeezed its trigger, sending water flying at her father, who tried to dodge it, laughing away.

"Ryan!" Lilya cried out to him, her face partly furious. "Stop encouraging her!! Besides..." She went over, then quickly grabbed the hose from Rosie. "This is how you do it!!" She spun and sprayed both of them with water, her fury turned to enjoyment.

Uriel chuckled, and attempted to say through his muffled laughter. "Hey, anything I can help you guys out with? I'm more than willing."

Rosie looked over to him, then said through laughter, although partially shocked. "Oh! You're both here! I didn't even realize! Anyways, it's all good, we've got it covered... well, more like it’s got us covered right now. Just go take a seat in the dining room, and the food will be out soon enough."

She turned around to look at her parents, then said happily. "I'll go get changed, and wake up the sleepyhead while I'm at it... that is, if we haven't already waked him up with all this racket." She quickly made her way past Uriel and his mother, then up the stairs that were at the end of the hall.

Uriel wondered to himself who hewas, but safely assumed that it was her brother, and he had arrived at her place sometime in the night for a surprise visit from England. He smiled to himself, he was looking forward to meeting Rosie's brother, Jay.

He made his way slowly into the dining room, in case someone might call him for help, but no one did, and took a seat in the middle seat at the side of the table.

As time went by, the food was slowly brought over into the dining room. There was enough to feed an army, with boles full of bacon, eggs, sausages, and much more. There was also a mountain of toast in the center, the butter and array of different flavoured jams in a small wicker basket on the side.

Everyone was now sitting around the table, they were only waiting for two more. From upstairs they heard laughing, and then a squeal from Rosie.

"Put me down!!" she squealed, still laughing.

Then came a man's voice. It was a little hoarse, as though he were losing it. "If I do now, you'll fall down the stairs, if that's what you want."

Rosie continued her laughing, kind of struggling to speak through her laughter.

"Just put me down!! Come on, I have two legs, you know! Put me DOWN!!"

Uriel turned his head towards the sound, and as the couple came out from around the corner, his smile immediately vanished from his face.

Rosie was hoisted up onto Ren's shoulder, laughing away as though it were some kind of joke between them. Ren had a baggy black t-shirt on which had a skull in the center of it, a pair of loose, black and blue plaid pj bottoms on and was barefoot. His hair was messy as though he had just gotten up, yet his bangs were still covering his tattoo across his right eye. However, his hair wasn't long enough to cover the tattoo that rode all the way down his arm and partially up onto his neck.

"Ren, put me down!!" Rosie yelled out again, still laughing. Ren kind of rolled his eyes, then brought her down slowly, now that they were at the bottom of the stairs where Rosie couldn't tumble down. She teasingly slapped him, still smiling, then backed away a few steps. "Why do you always insist on bringing me down? I was going up to change, might I add. Please don't do that again, you know I don't like it."

Ren once again rolled his eyes, and he slightly shook his head this time. He then said, although his voice seemed to be getting worse. "Then why do you have a riot when I do it? You wouldn't be laughing if you didn't like me doing that, now would you?" Rosie came up to him and hugged him tightly all of a sudden, then turned her head and noticed that Uriel was watching them. Her eyes then went wide in shock.

"Uriel! Sorry, I forgot to mention that Ren had slept over last night. We got back around three in the morning, so he just stayed over instead of going back home. I hope you don't mind. Anyways, I'm going BACK upstairs now to get changed, so don't kill yourselves while I'm gone, ok?" And with that, she ran back down the hall and up the stairs.

Ren shrugged, then simply went over to the chair opposite to Uriel and sat down.

Uriel breathed deeply, pushing down his intense hatred for Ren down and said. "How are you today, Ren? You seem to be losing your voice, anything wrong? I sure hope you don't get sick."

Uriel smiled kindly, as if this was the first time they had met and Uriel was the perfect gentleman.

Though he couldn't help but hate the fact that Ren had to sit just across from his. There was an entire table of places and he just had to sit in front of Uriel, didn't he?

Well, Uriel was not gonna let it get to him. He wanted to be the best person he could in front of Rosie's parents.

Ren simply shrugged again. “My voice always gets this way when I first get up in the morning. I’ve only ever lost it once or twice before, except it was only for about an hour or two, which isn’t too bad.” He brought his elbow up on the table and laid his chin on his hand. He let out a yawn, then gazingly stared out the window from behind Uriel. He then looked at Uriel and asked confusedly. “By the way, what’s with the cheery attitude this morning? I thought you hated me for no particular reason? What makes today any different?”

Uriel took on a relaxed appearance of his own and said cooly. "I wanna make a good first impression on Rosie's family, if you know what I mean. So why don't we start over. Hi, I'm Uriel, and who might you be, Rosie's boyfriend."

Ren looked at him oddly, and then his eye twitched ever so slightly. He then said, his voice the same calm tone. “I don’t buy it. You can give up your act. I know you hate me, and more than likely because you like her, too. I don’t mind you being Rosie’s friend, but just remember that she still is my girlfriend, so don’t try to pull any moves on her. Rosie’s always been loyal to the person she’s with, so I’m sure she won’t be pulling stunts behind my back. But can you do me the smallest favour? It’s more for her, but can you try to act as though you don’t want to kill me when we’re together? I know it would make her happy, considering she doesn’t like the fact of seeing two people in an argument for absolutely no reason. Can you please do that for me?”

Uriel raised an eyebrow, but still replied cooly. "I drop my acts when I choose, not when people boss me round to do so, Ren.  I only like your lil Rosie as a friend, not a female which I am sexually or emotionally attracted to. She's a sweet girl, and I think you deserve each other. So, for her sake, because she doesn't like fights, I'll be nice to you as often as I can Ren."

Ren's eyes seemed to glimmer, as though he was happy, yet he did not smile. He nodded once approvingly, then his gaze went to the entrance of the dining room, where Rosie was just reappearing. She was now wearing a floral-patterned sun-dress that cut just below her knees, and she also had tied her hair back in a pig-tail with a bright blue ribbon.

"I'm here! Now let's eat, everyone!" She took a seat next to Ren, then everyone started grabbing food, filling their plates.

After Uriel finished serving himself, Rosie's mother almost immediately asked. "So, what made you guys decide to move out all the way out to this desolate place?" Uriel answered. "Work promotion." At the same time as his mom answered. "Too noisy where we lived before." They looked at each other, and Uriel restarted. "Too noisy where we lived before."At the same time as his mother answered. "Work promotion."

Uriel rolled his eyes and chuckled. "We moved here because my mom got a promotion and we wanted somewhere quieter to live since where we lived before was way too noisy. City, you know?"

Rosie looked at the both of them incredulously for a moment, not really sure what to think. "Are you both trying to hide something? I mean, how do you mess up an answer as simple as that? Either way, I could agree that it's less noisy around here, but it'll be even quieter this afternoon."

Uriel chuckled, a little nervosity apparent. "No no, nothin's wrong. We've always do that. Moving out so many times, and answering the same question over and over, ya know?"

Uriel's mother nodded, backing up his answer.

Then Sue asked. "Also, what do you mean, it's going to get less noisy this afternoon?"

Ren swallowed the bite he was chewing, then stated bluntly. "She means we're packing our things back up and heading back to our dorms, therefore it'll be quiet around here again for the next month."

Rosie then smiled, then added on. "You see, our school gives us a week's break every month, sometimes less time, and sometimes every two months. We don't know for sure until we go back, really. Sure, we've got our Christmas break and stuff, but that counts as our weeks in both December and January, and usually our next break isn't until the end of February. Anyways, school starts back up tomorrow, so we'll be heading back today and getting our stuff ready and such."

Uriel sighed. Just his luck… again. "That sucks... I'm kinda hoping we go to the same school, though an all year round thing... isn't that... a little, you know, much?!" The next thing Uriel ate from his plate was his egg, though unmeaning to, he stabbed it instead. Unable to take it anymore, Uriel smiled, got up and said. "Excuse me, but I think I need some air. It's kinda hot in here." After Rosie's parents excused him, he quickly made his way to the door, slipped his shoes on and ran outside. He needed to run, to run and run till he utterly collapsed from exhaustion.

His heart wouldn't stop throbbing, all for a girl he would never have. He had to somehow get rid of his stupid feelings, even if it would kill him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...