Secret Santa

By spunkyactionbaby

Cliche it might be, but I think I know who my secret santa is. More

Day 0
Day 1
Day 1 part 2
Day 2
Day 3
22 days after
Day 4

Day 5

667 54 25
By spunkyactionbaby

December 16, Friday

Exactly two minutes and 30 seconds left before I meet my mysterious secret santa.

Mrs. Finley arranged our chairs into a circular position. People started to fill in the chairs. I was seated right beside the window and behind my chair is the painting that I made for Chad. It was covered in multiple layers of tracing paper and I decided to put a small Christmas card on top of the wrapping to indicate my greetings and my name.

I scanned the room to look for possibilities. I haven't identified my secret santa until now. Hope decided to fall down inside me as I sensed that my secret santa has not yet arrived.

He must be late though.

Mrs. Finley entered the room and greeted the class.  She gave us a few speeches before we started are supposed activity. She mentioned earlier that some of our classmates from the football team can't attend our class today since they are busy for this morning's pep rally. Even Minette is not present in today's class. I heard she is leading the cheering squad today at the pep rally along with her minions.

As for that information, Mrs. Finley said that we should leave the gifts to those who are not present on her table.

I left my gift to Chad at Mrs. Finley's table. It appears that mine is the biggest one and people keep on asking me what's inside the wrapper.

When everyone is all settled, Mrs. Finley formally started the secret santa activity. She called the student seated on her right side. The student then stood up and talked about her gift. After that she approached the boy beside me and gave him her gift.

The cycle began as the boy stood up and announced his little speech and gave the gift to the person whom he had picked on the first day of our secret santa activity. As for me, I was getting bored. Since Chad is not present, I am not required to stand up and announce my little speech about my experience as a secret santa. It seems like that I have wasted my time seating here and knowing that the person you came for is not present.

The activity was done and all of them have received their gifts, except for me.

Oh god, where's my secret santa?!

A boy raised his hand to call Mrs. Finley's attention.

It was the boy seated on my left and we're three seats apart. I looked at him suspiciously and I can judge from the corner of his eye that he was also looking at me.

I knew him.

He was one of the volunteers who help our athletes in our school, particularly the football team. They call him "errand boy" because he's the one responsible of taking care of our football boys. I believe he's doing that to gain extra credits and I strongly assume that this boy belongs in the same specie as I am.

Is he the one?

"I have something for Julie Dyers, Mrs. Finley." said the boy as he lowered his hand.

"Err Donny, is this another gift? Because I remember that you already gave yours to Missy." Mrs. Finley questioned him and Donny stood up and went in the middle of the circle.

"One of the football players asked me to do this and this gift is for Julie Dyers." He approached me and I looked at him shockingly. He gave me a letter with an elegant flower patterns as an envelope and a box covered in a pink gift wrapper with a blue ribbon.

I took it from him and as he walked away I grabbed the end of his shirt. He was surprised and when he turned around he gave me a "What the hell" look.

"Uhm... who ordered you? I mean, do you know who my secret santa is" I asked him.

He looked at me curiously and for a second he looked down on the floor and faced me again.

"You'll find out."

***

I decided to go home after homeroom period. There was nothing much to do and most people will attend the pep rally.

Running down the slippery streets of our neighborhood, I managed to fall down because of my clumsiness and my eagerness to go home.

When I arrived at my house, I was panting and sweating despite the cold weather. I immediately went to my room and slammed the door behind me. I took off my bonnet, gloves, scarf and coat.

Because of my undying curiosity, I opened my backpack and retrieved the letter and the gift.

I was torn which thing should I open first, the letter or the pink box? But I bet I should open the gift first before the letter.

Inside the box is a pot with a soil on it. No sign of a small plant is evident on the pot, it's just pure soil. Weird as hell, I tore the envelope of the letter, not minding the intricate floral design.

***

Dear Julie,

  First of all, I want to apologize for not showing up today. I totally forgot that today is our pep rally and I just asked our errand boy to do this stuff for you. I must be a douche bag for ditching you but I seriously forgot to tell you. And I can tell that you're also frustrated. So am I.

  So have you opened my gift? If yes, then what do you think? You must be curious why the pot contains only pure soil, don't worry I inserted a seed on it. It's a rose by the way and I want you to take care of it. Don't forget to feed it water and don't even try to expose it too much outside. Just keep it in and try to give it some fertilizer. In just a few weeks you'll see the first leaf and the rest will be majestic.

  Sorry for being a "plant nerd", cause I have to admit that I'm one of them. I seriously have my own garden in my house and my mom and dad actually help me in taking care of them. I have this huge collection and I hope someday, you can meet my little "plant friends"

  And another revelation, I actually knew that you are my secret santa, with those cheesy letters, I got a hint that it is actually you who is sending those gifts. And I have to say that I liked all the things that you gave to me. Your artistry is awesome and thanks for giving me a gallery inside my room, I love looking at your paintings.

  I just really hope that after this we will not be awkward with each other. I hope we can be closer and be together and I hope that can we exchange greetings whenever we meet in the hallways. And I hope I can see you today waving at me as they introduce me on stage.

  I'm not expecting too much but I took this as an advantage to get closer to you. I did this letter thingy o know you better, so that I will be prepared when we meet personally. So please, after you read this letter and if you still want to see me, go here in the auditorium and cheer for me. I'll be looking for you and I'll try my best to spot you. Besides, I have a little surprise for you after our pep rally.

Love,

Chad

P.S. Boxes of chocolates are waiting for you.

***

In a wink, I was running outside with only my coat on. The sidewalk is slippery but I didn't dare to be careful.  I was in a road runner motion, like a snatcher running for his life. I have to go back to school and see him.

I must go back to Fairfields High.

When I arrived at the auditorium, I tried to squeeze myself in the crowd. I managed to find a spot near the stage. When they called his name, yelps and cries started to echo the room. I waved my hand hoping he could notice me but the poms poms are blocking my view. He was scanning the crowd and tried my best to shout his name but the crowd's noise is louder than my voice.

When everybody calmed down, there was an eerie silence. The crowd stopped shouting, the drummers stopped banging there drums and the cheerleaders stopped dancing and cheering. At last, he finally saw me and our eyes locked for a minute. A wide smile appeared in his face and people started looking at my direction. Not caring the people's shocked expression; I smiled back at him and gave him a wave.

 I swear, it was a glorious feeling.

THE END!

***

Thanks for reading my first ever story in wattpad! Finally! I just finished a story! Despite the number of requirements that I have to do for school, I managed to find time and conclude the ending.  I know this story is kinda bland but I still love you guys for sticking around! To those who left a comment and voted for this story, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! And to my readers, I LOVE YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING SECRET SANTA!

Special mention to those who corrected me with my grammar and gave me some criticisms, your opinions really improved my writing!

This thing has no sequel and I'm sorry for leaving you an open-ended ending. I believe it's up to your fantasy minds to decide the ending for this story. Also, I have to say sorry for keeping you wait for so long to update you guys! I'm really sorry!

But best regards to everybody who supported me! I love you all! And thank you very much!

XOXO

Alexi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 6.3K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...