Un/Traditional ( dark mafia r...

By bitchwhatup28

A DARK ROMANCE He is a manipulator. He is going to hurt me and I can't do a damn thing to stop him. "My brot... More

summary
Prologue : Life is no fairytale
Still a fiancee, not the husband
A girl who cries watching movies
Feelings suck!!!
...and then there were two
Double wedding
Like who?
clueless and naive
blood, sweat and tears.
Monster's around us.
Parental Damage.
butterflies and death
kisses pack a punch.
aloof kid.
death bed.
Likewise.
not nice.
thousand reasons why.
cannot fucking have.
power triumphs love.
Lessons learned.
Even if I tried.
Warm.
Make me proud.
BITTERSWEET.
announcement

human nature

7.9K 261 18
By bitchwhatup28

Unedited.

OK so some of my readers are having a bit of a problem with reading as some of the words or sentences just keep on disappearing. I don't know why this happens but if it happens to you . You can just message me and I will try my best to fix it. Also if anyone knows why this happens please let me know.

After Leon's big confession I hear a loud sound of someone being slapped.

Really hard.

And I back up a bit.

Human beings are all very cowardly in nature.

Most of us when faced with a do or die situation end up running away most of the times. So after hearing that Leon wasn't really Adele's son and someone being slapped. I had a very strong urge to  just run  away.

But I had no where to run off to and the tray I was holding was getting really heavy for me to carry. Yes people I wasn't very athletic shocking, I know.

But I was also just a teensy bit curious to know who had been slapped.
So I walk inside by making a bit of noise so it would seem like I had just come.

And inside I see something I had pretty much expected, Adele was on the floor and Mr.Adami was standing above her.

Leon and Max both stood away from their parents with their fists clenched.

The tension in the room was so thick that you could probably cut it with a knife.

This was a typical scene from a typical Italian mafia family. It didn't matter whose fault it was, women were the only ones who got punished.

Mr.Adami was about to open his mouth again when I clear my throat and all eyes turn to me.

I look at Adele with pity in my eyes but she looks down.

Mr.Adami kicks her near her thighs and she whimpers but doesn't cry out loud.

I look towards Leon and Max and for the first time since I have met them, they look weak.

Helpless little boys who can do nothing while their father hits their mother.

Leon doesn't look like the arrogant ass he usually is,  instead he looks almost... Almost ashamed.

And it makes me realize something.

Something I don't want to acknowledge.

Leon and me.

Him and I.

We aren't so different after all.

Everyone in life is helpless in someway no matter how strong they maybe.

Even an Italian Mafia's Capo.

"If you want to argue some more, you may continue." Mr.Adami says.

But no one dares to say anything.

Mr.Adami chuckles slightly "Ah so no one has anything to say now? No one?" He looks around.

"OK since no one has anything to say so I guess I should say something".

He goes to sit down on the sofa and with a hand gesture calls me closer.

I gulp and walk towards him.

Holding my breath.

Bracing myself.

But all he does is take the coffee mug from the tray and continues speaking.

"So as I was saying, the wedding ceremonies will go as planned and this time there will be no interruptions happening."

He looks towards his sons and says "do I make myself clear?"

The both reply instantly "sì".

"Bene" he says getting up.

"Thanks for the lovely coffee but it's Time for us to go now" Mr.Adami says to me with a menacing smile which I return with a timid one.

And just like that him and Adele left leaving behind silence which is broken by clattering of a vase on the ground thrown by Leon in retaliation of being owned like a little bitch by his father.

                    -------+++-------

Ever since the day I had helped Leon treat his wounds he had started sleeping beside me every night.

He came every night mostly between 2 to 5 a.m and  left before I even woke up which was usually 10 or 11 in the morning.

But I never once acknowledged his presence even if I was awake and even when he pulled me into his arms. I just stayed still and tried sleeping while he held me like a shiny new toy he couldn't wait to play with.

But tonight my mind was dealing with too much shit already that I didn't even hear him enter the room.

But then his signature scent was scattered all around the room.
The air felt thick from the tension and gloominess his body seemed to be oozing. So thick that I found it hard to breathe.

I thought he would head towards the bathroom for a shower as he usually does but to my surprise all he did was sit on the edge of the bed on his side of the bed with his back facing me.

I could see his back and the side profile of his face through the mirror.

He looked extremely exhausted and so worn out that it was even depressing to watch him.

Once again the events that occurred in the living come running to my mind again.

And to be completely honest I couldn't bring myself to even pity Leon. Even after learning about his parentage.

He himself was a child born out of wedlock which I am mostly speculating  but there is no other reason for his real mother to be M.I.A. But he had zero amount of sympathy for Blake who had a similar situation.

"A bastard is always a bastard" he had said. So what exactly did it make him hmm??

And even if I had a teensy weensy bit of sympathy for him, I wouldn't know how to console or sympathize with him.

I wasn't a fan of feelings.

Not at all.

Feeling were always complicated as fuck.

And as "an emotionally handicapped person" a name given to me by a shrink I went to see after Allison's mother death, I always preferred to feel numb.

So what was a girl to do?

I did not have an experience in being consoled or consoling anyone.

I had always cried alone and the only person who actually gave a shit about me died, my mom who chose to kill herself when I was eight.

My sister was always too busy with herself and my friends had enough problems of their on they had to deal with.

My Nana, my mom's mother called me the devil daughter because I looked like my father and she hated him but adored my sister who was a carbon copy of our mother.

Nana didn't really like to acknowledge the fact that Yasmina and I came from the same womb.

And my father well he pretended like I didn't exist. He liked my peppy little sister who looked like my mother better than me who looked like him.

I mean he wasn't even a good narcissist, shouldn't he like me better because of my resemblance to him?
But whatever it's not like I wanted his attention anyways.

"Oh honey but you do" a little voice in my head said. And maybe I did.

My therapist would have had a field day with. She said I had way too many unresolved feelings.

But what the fuck does she know?

I wanted Leon to like me not because I liked him or anything like that.

I wanted him to like me because I did not want to get beaten like Adele and mom.

And helping him or consoling him right now would be a perfect opportunity to do that.

But how?

That's a wrap for this chapter.
Please comment , vote and follow.

Also does anybody like the show 'The Magicians' coz I am obsessed with it. Till next time.
I love you all and have a nice day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 89.1K 71
(THIS WAS MY FIRST BOOK!!, it may not be what you like and that doesn't matter to me because it was long ago, ANYWAY HOPE YOU ENJOY) ALSO ITS NOT EDI...
112K 2.9K 35
"Don't leave." he takes my hand in his and looks me in the eyes that are full of different emotions now and I can't help but stare back, I don't want...
1.5M 49.1K 47
Morelli Mafia Series - BOOK 3 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. After everything, I'm led here. Squeezing my...
746K 16K 64
Earlier known as Devil In Disguise!! "Has anyone ever kissed you, Maria?" He said with a low voice. Well, that got my attention. I was unable to say...