Betrayed By Fate

By alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... More

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 16 | Flower
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 22 | Brother

107K 3.7K 457
By alice-ayuzawa

Dahlia.

It is nothing special, I just redrew a picture of a wolf, it is messy (kinda)
and added some details from me. This was suggested by briska121
Thank you for that <3

I wanted to draw her in human with ears and a tail (her hair should be auburn but came out more red/brown (what aurburn actually should be!)

***********
(Arian's pov)

I am the kitten.

I am taking Jake's sleep.

I am currently sitting in Jake's lap, curled up against him, his eyes are closed, steady breath, he is still sound asleep.

It is because of the nightmares, isn it ?

That would declare why he has been tierd the last days...he-

He can calm..HE!

Ye- but how? I went even to Seers to get rid of them..and that didn't work.

He was stirring in his sleep I pretend to be asleep, slowing down my heart beat.

"It is time to leave before she wakes up" he mumbled, he softly put me it my bed and tucked me in, he didn't leave immediately, in silence he sat on the side of my bed.

"I wish I knew how to help you except being here... " he whispered for himself, I felt the heat of his hand on my cheek, my body tensed, my heart beat faster, he was going to know that I am awake!

But he didn't.

He let out a tired sigh "Even when you are asleep, you don't welcome my touch" his low chuckle not conveying joy, that much is certain.

He stood up, ready to leave, but before that I could feel his warm breath brushing my face, his lips softly planting a kiss on my forehead head, brushing the strands off my face.

"You really look like a kitten,.." he chuckled softly.

Patting my head before he left "..a cute one" he closed the door after him.

I think my heart is trying to escape my ribcage.

Don't worry, these are just the side effects of having a mate, you know..the usual zoo's and elephants in your stomach, the fireworks that come with every touch, and the tingles that feel like some ants are on you.

You could practically say you are on drugs, congrats!

Da..hlia?

Huh?

...forget it.

**************************

I abruptly looked up at the couple that entered the kitchen, and made things at least less awkward. I was sitting in silence with Jake who looked like he was about to collapse on the counter any minute from lack of sleep.

But what snapped my attention was their scent, I stared at her trying to identify the
Scent. Her cheeks took a rosy colour on, she sheepishly looked away. Zaire glared at Jake, productively wrapping his arms tight around her waist.

He marked her.

You are welcome Jenn.

You are the reason he didn't in the first place.

Details.

"Take a seat freashly marked love birds, the pancakes and eggs are still hot"

Like their last night.

Haha- DAHLIA!.

What? It is true.

Jenn mumbled a soft thank you, her cheeks darkening to almost a red rose , Zaire sat down Jenn in his lap, she tried to wiggle out, complaining that she is embarrassed.
Zaire tightened his grip, growling lowly in her ear, words came out but only heard by the person in his lap..who now is completely red, strawberries would even be jealous at her.

"ZAIRE!" She hit him, seemingly not affected by her hit, he smirked down at her, his cocky smirk reassuring me that I indeed don't want to know what he told her...let's begin the morning 'clean'.

"I think my headache became worse" Jake mumbled.

He finished his coffee, going through his hair, making it messier than before. He noticed my stare and gave me tired smile.

"I will take a nap, Zaire the pape- why do I even bother? You aren't going to leave the Luna anytime soon so the papers are for later anyway " he grumbled

I waited until he was in his room, before I followed him. I feel guilty that I am the reason he doesn't sleep...

I knocked softly, I let myself in, the door wouldn't open wide until then I noticed that a body is on the floor, not affected that I rammed the door in him.

He is completely out!

Are we sure he's not drunk?

DAHLIA!

He might be?

Help me put him on his bed.

I put him in the bed without any problems..except, he didn't let go of my hand, I tried to pull away but...I am afraid he will wake up.

Now I am stuck..

I admit, it is calming to be near him...just holding his hand, feeling his warmth that brings these tingles with it.

I slowly reached for his hair, hesitated but still dared to touch his silky hair. I took a strand between my fingers playing with it.

"What am I doing here?" I whispered to myself. I glided my hand along his definned jaw line.

His skin is softer than expected.

"No kiss?" the voice of Aether startled me that I was going to fall off the bed, thankfully he grabbed me in the last second by my wrist.

"AETHER!! you could've just told me that you are awake" I turned to him, to meet sleepy ice blue eyes, Jake gave me a dozy smirk.

"I didn't realize that we are already at the creepy Edward Cullen stage?"

My cheeks caught heat "Are you sure you aren't the one who reached that stage before me?"

Oh shit! I wanted to ask him that later.

"What do you mean by that?" his face clouded by confusion.

Now there is no way around it.

"Were my nighmares that bad that you had to stay by my side every night?" I asked directly.

He looked stunned at first, letting out a breathy chuckle he leaned on the headboard.

"And I though I could be your good knight who saves the night" he sighed.

"You scream and toss around, I tried to wake you up but that wouldn't work so I would stay until you calmed down, it was the only thing that seemed to work.."

"I want to ask you what are you dreaming of but I am afraid that I am the reason"

"it isn't your fault Jake..E.Ehm- "

"You can't tell me the reason yet..isn't that it?"

"Did I talk?" I asked, realising that I might have talked.

"You were screaming for someone to stop, you sounded like you wanted to desperately escape, to vanish" I didn't realise that he was still holding onto my wrist until he pulled me to him.

"Who is it?" His voice took a deep pitch, he looked me dead in the eyes, his darkening blue orbs not breaking the eye contact.

Did I forget to mention that we are still on the bed, ah and that he pulled me on him, now I am hovering over him trying to get off but seem to be glued by his grip.

I am starting to panick, Dahlia?

If you didn't notice I wasn't helping you at all this time. You did it all on your own.

What! Dahlia..I can't do this.

My body started to tremble, my face going pale, he let go of my wrist, I was about to pull away but he stopped me by entwining his arms around me pulling me into his chest.

I protested by trying to wriggle out of his embrace which didn't work.

My breath was ragged, I was panicking more and more for the second.

His head was buried in my hair "relax, I am not going to hurt you. There is no danger" he whispered soothingly.

My body became stiff in his hands, my mind racing with thousend thoughts.

He kept talking, patting my hair, I eventually relaxed in his embrace.

I feel tired.

Jake looked at me "Arian, I am sorry I lost control. I promise that it will not happen again...unless"

"Unless what?"

He gave me a cocky smirk which fit him Perfectly "Unless you want it" he winked.

"Since when are we so flirtatious Mr.Beta?" I yawned mockingly.

"Since I am working on winning your heart" his eyes staring dead serious into mine.

A deadly growl shaking the house, Jake looked alarmed around tightening his embrace.

"It came from downstairs, Jake. It sounded like Zaire"

"Let's go, I tried linking him but he blocked me out"

Jake went down the stairs to check the situation, he wouldn't let me go with him because it might be 'dangerous'. Pff

He gave me a sign that I can come down-

Ok, where is the door?

In the kitchen on the counter.

Oh, yeah I thought I imagined it.

The atmosphere was strained, Jenn was stiff in Zaire's iron grib, while he was breathing heavily trying to control his rage. Glaring at the figure in front of them who gladly returned the favour and glared at Zaire.

Jenn in the middle looked torn apart, scared but happy.

The was man shorter than Zaire but had a not less intimidating glare, dark blonde hair and green eyes-

-Wait! Isn't that!?

"Zaire, stop! He is my brother!" Zaire looked shocked between Jenn and her brother.

As shocked was I.

Her brother continued to glare holes at Zaire, who's grip is still around Jenn.

"I would appreciate it, if you would take your filthy hands off, of my little sister" he demanded lowly between gritted teeth.

"Eric, how did you find me?" Jenn asked softly, the tensions were high in the room.

"That doesn't matter now, what does is, why are you here?"

"I am his mate" she motioned at Zaire who had a triumphant smirk on.

"WHA-"

"Eric, stop it." My voice cold, his gaze snapped to me, wide green eyes, and a open mouth, his face was repainted with pure shock.

"Ari what are you doing here!! Lu-" I cut him off.

"Let's clear this situation with Jenn and Zaire first. questions later" Jake snaked an arm around my waist, glaring at Eric.

Now he has two males glaring at him to death.

Admit it, Jake looks sexy when he is Jealous.

She had a dirty wolfy grin, that I wish I could just punch it away.

Eric returned Zaire's glare with confused stare, his eyes stilled at Jake's arm around my waist.

"Your new lover? Since when were you one for relationships?" Eric asked.

I wish I could punch him to death right now.

"I am her mate" Jake gritted out, now both of his arms around my waist.

Eric face became red from laughing his guts out "...you haha are haha...mates? Good joke"

He wiped a fake tear from his eyes, Zaire, Jenn, and Jake looked at him weird.

He looked at them noticing their stares, all humor left Eric's face, he seriously looked at me "Are you serious?" Shock written all over his face.

"St..op Eric, not now" I hesitated, his face was so perplexed.

"Not now? Are you kidding me?! You found your f*cking mate!!"

"NOT NOW" I couldn't control myself and lost it.

"Fine." He gave in.

We went to the living room which thankfully had a door.

*************************

I took long to update, I am sorry but it was kinda hard to write a chapter, everything I wrote..didn't seem good enough.

I would write and stop read again and erase what I wrote.

A little writers block you could say but I think it is just because I had no Idea what to write to bring 'Eric' in the story.

2K!! I can't believe it, I wanted to update before I get 2k and boom wake up and seek that you beat me.

Thanks to all of you, and I am sorry if I will bring more cliffhangers in the story *evil smile* who doesn't love cliffhangers?

There will be a lot of mistakes so ignore them, because I am too lazy to go through the chapter ;)

Vote

Comment

Share?

Enjoy <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 162 6
"I know we've just met but I want to ask you out on a date." There was a beast like glint in his eyes that bothered a tiny part of me. I clutch on to...
161K 4K 33
{rewritten version of Possessive Hearts} "Where do you think you're going?" He spoke. His big strong hands pinning me against the wall. The scent of...
355K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
414K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...