Leah Potter: Found at Last (A...

By megan4813

Set during Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix., Leah Jacobs (Potter), 15, has lived at an orphanage al... More

Chapter 1: Bellatrix Lestrange
Chapter 2: Unanswered Questions
Chapter 4: Dark Times
Chapter 5: Choices
Chapter 6: Revelations
Chapter 7: Safe
Chapter 8: Answers
Chapter 9: Night of Tears
Chapter 10: Why and How
Chapter 11: Discovering Harry
Chapter 12: Uncertainties and Speculations
Chapter 13: Reliving
Chapter 14: The Escape
Chapter 15: Discovered?
Chapter 16: Reunited
Dreams and Reality

Chapter 3: Lord Voldemort

2.8K 92 10
By megan4813

Chapter 3: Lord Voldemort

I stood there, frozen in fear, and heard the snake-like man say "Now I never did say what we were going to use her for, did I Bella?" His voice had an icy coldness to it.

"No, my Lord." she said, inclining her head in acknowledgement. "I just assumed - given the nature of our situation-"

"I know the nature of our current situation." he hissed, suddenly angry. He turned back to me and I shuddered as his gleaming red eyes found mine. He lifted a thin white finger and ran it down my cheek, leaving an icy trail where it had been. It was all I could do to not run, to keep from crying out. I stood my ground, willing myself to calm down and not freak out.

"I believe this one will be sufficient for my plans." he said to Bellatrix while still looking at me, a cold smile appearing on his face. "Now your, Leah Potter-" he spat out 'Potter' like it was a curse. "will find out what happens to those who do not heed Lord Voldemort's wishes. You will also discover what will happen if you do anything to hinder our plans. Bella, back!"

Bellatrix retreated to the wall respectfully, leaving me alone in the center of the room with the man. He, 'Lord Voldemort', stood facing me, an evil gleam in his eyes. I found my voice at last.

"What do you want with me?" I yelled, trying to sound braver than I felt.

"Only that you join our cause..." he said delicately. "CRUCIO!"

It felt like I was being burned from the inside out, hot daggers piercing my skin and causing me to fall to the floor, screaming and writing in pain. I was screaming for him to stop, to end it, but he just laughed a high, cold laugh. I knew there would be no one to hear my cries, my pleads for help. No one to rescue me. 

I could hear Bellatrix glorifying in my agony, laughing a cruel and sadistic laugh. Finally I gave into the pain, accepting darkness and silence.

~~~

At twelve Grimmauld Plave, in a guest bedroom with two beds set out and an empty portrait hanging on the wall, a boy named Harry Potter woke up with a start.

-----------------------------------------

12 Grimmauld Place

3rd Person POV

Harry Potter lay on his bed, breathing hard. The dream had seemed so real... he tried to wipe away the image of the girl writhing on the floor, her shining red hair spread around her, her green, almond-shaped eyes pleading for release, her screams still ringing in his ears. He shook his head, trying to get rid of the images, but it only succeeded in making his pounding headache worse. 

"Harry... what'r you doing up so early?" Ron Weasley asked, yawning tiredly. Harry looked at his watch in the faint light coming through the windows. The hands read six-thirty. He groaned softly.

"Just going to the bathroom Ron. Go back to sleep."

"Alrigh'." Ron said sleepily, yawning again; moments later snores filled the bedroom.

Harry looked around at the room he had slept in since arriving a week prior. He'd only been able to come to his godfather's house because he'd been attacked by Dementors, guards of the wizard prison, and he needed to go to the Ministry of Magic for a trial for using underage magic to save his and his cousin's lives.

The Minister of Magic wasn't too happy with Harry however. He, like most of the rest of the Wizarding World, didn't want to believe that Voldemort was back after what had happened during the Triwizard Tournament the year before. Fudge and the Daily Prophet were going on and on about the lies Harry and Dumbledore had made up. Harry still had nightmares about that fateful day when Voldemort had returned, about Cedric being murdered. He also had been having dreams about dark corridors ending in a locked door for months. Always the same door.

And then there was his most recent dream about the girl. The girl being tortured by Voldemort. He felt sick as he replayed the vision in his mind. Who was she? Why did she look so much like my mother?

He thought about telling Professor Dumbldore what he had seen, but Dumbledore had maintained a stony silence ever since Voldemort had come back the previous June. He hadn't talked to Harry, hadn't interacted with Harry, hadn't even made eye contact with him during the trial the day before. It was as though the headmaster had been avoiding him, and Harry was too bothered by this to actually tell anything to him.

He thought too about telling either Hermione or Ron, but counted that out almost immediately. Both of them were terrified of Harry's normal nightmares, what would they say about his vision of a young girl, about their age, being tortured.

No, Ron and Hermione wouldn't understand. Harry briefly considered telling another adult such as Sirius or Mrs. Weasley, but they were sure to worry. They would tell everyone in the Order, then all of them would be fussing over him. He didn't want any more attention than he already had.

Harry glanced out his window as the first bright ray of morning sunlight burst through the dirty panes of glass. His watch read seven 'o clock. He made his way down to the kitchen, yawning all the way. When he entered the kitchen he found Tonks, Mad-Eye, Sirius and Bill Weasley gathered around the dining table, while Mrs. Weasley was at the stove cooking up sausages and eggs. All of them looked around as he entered the room.

"Ah, Harry dear. Up early again I see. Would you like some breakfast? The scrambled eggs are almost done and I have some hot sausages here." Mrs. Weasley said, giving him a smile.

"Yeah Mrs. Weasley, that'd be great." Harry answered tiredly. He sat down at the table and layed his head down on his arms, his scar still prickling painfully.

"Bad dreams?" Tonks asked sympathetically.

"Yeah." Harry mumbled into his arm. And they're just getting worse. He added silently.

Just then Mrs. Weasley spooned a large portion of eggs and three sausages onto a plate and slid it towards him, then magicked a piece of toast onto the plate. She waved her wand and the salt and pepper shaker flew from the end of the table toward Harry, alighting right in front of his nose.

"Come on Harry dear. Eat up." Mrs. Weasley said, then looked concerned. "Are you sure you're alright dear? Are you feeling okay? You look a bit peaky..."

"I'm fine, really. Thanks for the food Mrs. Weasley." he gave her a small smile and inhaled the aroma of freshly scrambled eggs. His stomach growled at the thought of food and he realized just how hungry he was. He shook some salt and pepper onto his eggs and began to eat.

Harry had just finished his third piece of toast when Ginny and Hermione came down to the basement kitchen, both of them with their hair looking a bit messy.

"Good morning mum." Ginny said, sitting next to Bill. "Do I smell eggs cooking?" She gave a small yawn and flicked her long red hair back over her shoulder as her mother dropped a helping of eggs and a few sausages onto her plate.

Harry got up, still preoccupied with what he had seen in his dream, and made his way through the house up to the drawing room that held the tapestry depicting the Black Family Tree. It was still a dingy room, but after they had cleaned it out Harry had found it was a perfect place to just sit and think.

"Harry?" Harry turned to see his godfather, Sirius Black, standing in the doorway looking rather concerned.

"Hey Sirius." Harry said, trying to cover his apprehension, but didn't totally succeed.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Sirius asked, heading over to the moth-eaten couch and motioning for Harry to sit as well. He did.

"It's nothing Sirius, really." Harry said, trying to muster up a smile that slipped off the moment he saw Sirius' disbelieving face. "Okay, fine..." he said in defeat, and proceeded to tell Sirius about the dream he'd had concerning Voldemort, Bellatrix Lestrange and the red-haired girl who looked so much like his mother. Sirius sat silently, staring hard at Harry through the retelling.

"Who do you think it is?" Harry asked, concern for the unknown girl evident in his eyes.

"Who do you think it is?" Sirius asked, surprising Harry. He hadn't expected Sirius to actually believe him.

"I-I don't know..." Harry said, thinking back on the dream. "I just know she looked a whole lot like the old pictures I have of my mum, only younger, maybe my age... You believe me don't you?" he asked suddenly, feeling apprehension flood his stomach in ice-cold waves.

"Yeah..." Sirius said, trailing off. He stood up suddenly and walked over to the window, apparently forgetting Harry was in the room. His eyes shone with a mixture of anxiety, urgency and fear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, another chapter! :D I have a bunch of chapters written, but none of them typed, so that's what I'm working on along with my other fanfictions right now. :) 

Shout outs to RanaAlFayez and spirit13 for their awesome support!! :D (spirit13, you get the next chap.'s dedication!) ;)

Hope you like this one, I did. :) I sort of like the little chat between Sirius and Harry, even if it isn't in much detail. Sort of gives them a more father-son type relationship. I want to upload the rest of my fanfictions this weekend, so plan on a new chapter by next week definitely and earlier possibly. :)

Thanks for reading!!! :D I hope you enjoyed it!!!!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT to express your love (or dislove I suppose) for this chapter and the story in general! :) Megan out!

~Megan <3

Continue Reading