Oblivion (A Stiles Stilinski...

_hogwartian_ által

"Into the mouth of oblivion I step. The sound echoing; like the beat of my heart. No turning back now, no roo... Több

Oblivion - A Stiles Stilinski/Teen Wolf Fanfiction
Chapter 1 - Before the Storm
Chapter 2 - Open Wound
Chapter 3 - Just a Bottle of Wine
Chapter 4 - Risk and Reward
Chapter 5 - Ice Bath
Chapter 7 - Moonstone
Chapter 8 - Virginal
Chapter 9 - Boxing Match
Chapter 10 - Nightmares
Chapter 11 - Warriors
Chapter 12 - Power of Will
Chapter 13 - Gone Rogue
Chapter 14 - Pure of Heart
Chapter 15 - Unhealed Wounds
Chapter 16 - Chaos
Chapter 17 - The Infamous Glen Capri
Chapter 18 - Flares
Chapter 19 - Amazing Grace
Chapter 20 - Taken
Chapter 21 - Currents
Chapter 22 - Burn
Chapter 23 - Locked In
Chapter 24 - Seeing the Whole Board
Chapter 25 - According to Plan
Chapter 26 - Adrenaline Rush
Chapter 27 - Breathe
Chapter 28 - Sacrifice
Chapter 29 - Distraction
Chapter 30 - The Move
Chapter 31 - Aftermath
Chapter 32 - Open Doors
Chapter 33 - The Coyote Den
Chapter 34 - The Beast Within
Chapter 35 - Trapped
Chapter 36 - The Mass Murderer
Chapter 37 - Light to Dark
Chapter 38 - Illegal Endeavors
Chapter 39 - Painted
Chapter 40 - Don't Tell
Chapter 41 - Sleepless Nights
Chapter 42 - Shock
Chapter 43 - No Interruptions
Chapter 44 - Pain
Chapter 45 - The Taste of Memories
Chapter 46 - Only Human
Chapter 47 - The Trickster
Chapter 48 - Gashes
Chapter 49 - Shadows
Chapter 50 - Escape
Chapter 51 - Silence
Chapter 52 - Dust to Dust
Chapter 53 - Decisions
Chapter 54 - Purple Veins
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 6 - Throwing Punches

24.3K 402 115
_hogwartian_ által

 Warning: This chapter contains small portions of self-medication. If that is in any way a trigger for you, read on with caution. If this poses a problem, please do not hesitate to send me a message.

 I sat in the corner of Stiles' bedroom, flipping through the hundredth page we'd printed out. The sky was just beginning to glow pink with the rise of the sun. Stiles and Scott had both fallen asleep about an hour ago, but I kept blinking my eyes awake. I tapped my finger against my leg, studying the blueprint of the bank while comparing it to the break-in report.

 Numerous papers, books, and newspaper clipping scattered the carpeted floor. The three of us searched all night to get every detail on how the robbery went through all those years ago, though we didn't have much luck. We needed all the information we could get if we wanted to pull this off, and if Heather really is locked in there with Boyd, I'll do whatever it takes to make sure we can rescue them. 

 My eyes kept drooping, begging for me to close them even for a moment. I couldn't do that, though. I had to stay awake and keep researching. I have to find Heather. I rubbed my fists into my eyes, but they were still groggy. Exhaustion was wearing my body down to it's last ounce of energy.

 I leaned my head back against the wall, mentally trying to push myself to stay awake. We'd gathered a lot of information throughout the night, but none of it told us how the robbers broke into the vault. We had to have this plan polished to perfection if we have any chance of rescuing Boyd, and possibly Heather, from the alphas.

 A small, orange pill bottle on Stiles' bedside table caught my eye. Holding my breath, I looked over at Stiles, who was fast asleep with his cute little butt sticking up in the air, then at Scott, who was passed out in a chair. I set the papers in my lap off to the side, slowly creeping to my feet. 

 It's wrong, I know it's wrong, but still I grabbed the pill bottle and opened the cap. I sucked in a breath at the sound of the pills against the bottle as I poured two into the palm of my hand. My eyes stayed on the two boys, but neither of them moved. I put the cap on and set Stiles' bottle of Adderall back on his side table where I had found it.

 I popped one of the pills in my mouth, forcing it down my throat with just my saliva. I stuffed the other one in my pocket for later. The medication may not even have an effect on me, with my abilities and all. I just had to try something to keep myself focused and awake. 

 Hopefully Stiles doesn't count his pills. The bottle says to take one to three a day, and as hyperactive as my boyfriend always seems to be I'm guessing he takes the minimum. He shouldn't miss just two pills. 

 I went back to my spot in the corner, blinking again as I shuffled through the papers. I continued to read and scribble down notes until a ray of sunlight completely illuminated the room. My hands shook as I wrote down the dimensions of the vault on my spare sheet of paper.

 "Guys," 

 I jumped, nearly throwing all of the papers out of my lap. Sheriff Stilinski opened up the door and stepped into the room. He held a coffee in his hand, something I could really go for right about now. The pills did help me to focus and stay awake, but the extra pick me up wouldn't hurt.

 "Time to get up," he said. Scott and Stiles didn't move a muscle, entirely consumed by sleep. The Sheriff glanced over to me, raising his eyebrows. "Boys, boys!"

 Finally, Stiles jerked awake. He pulled himself out of his position on the ground and I snickered at the piece of paper that had gotten stuck to his cheek. He ripped it off quickly as Scott nearly fell out of the chair he'd fallen asleep in. 

 "I've got to get to work," said the Sheriff, clad in his uniform. "You three, get to school,"

 "Wait, Mr. Stilinski!" I called out, jumping to my feet. He stopped and turned around as I nearly tripped over Stiles trying to make my way over to him. "Heather?"

 His eyes dropped, causing my heart to sink. "No, nothing yet," he said. He walked out of the room, leaving the door wide open.

 I plopped down on Stiles' bed, my legs feeling as though they'd turned into noodles. I wrung my hands together, bouncing my foot against the ground. Even though we stayed up all night researching, we were still basically empty handed.

 "Ten hours and nothing," I said, letting my head fall.

 "We'll find something," said Scott. 

 Stiles sat down next to me, coiling an arm around my shoulders. It's not just Heather that I'm worried about, it's Boyd and Erica too. I really do hope that it wasn't her body that Isaac saw, but either way, someone's dead. That thought alone is enough to make me sick.

 "Something doesn't make Heather any less missing, Erica any less dead, or Boyd any less about to be dead," I argued. I didn't mean to snap at Scott like that. I know he's just trying to keep us hopeful. My lack of sleep may have been an influence.

 "Well, we still have time," said Stiles. He rubbed his hand along my arm. 

 It's how much time is the question. How long will it take for the force of the full moon to take over Boyd and whoever is with him? After that, how long before they completely tear each other apart? We need to act fast, and we need more information.

 I kicked away some of the papers that had gotten stuck to my bare feet. I pulled one off, about to throw it off to the side when I noticed the picture in the center. My eyes widened as I realized what this meant.

 "Stiles," I said, handing him the paper.

 He looked at it for a moment before standing up. "Oh, Dad!" He called out, handing the paper to Scott and sprinting out of the room. "Dad! Dad!"

 I let my shoulders relax with a huff of air and a small smile even crept on my lips when Scott glanced at me with one of his own. Finally, we'd found something useful. If Sheriff Stilinski investigated that case, we just struck an informational gold mine.

 ☀

 Stiles had dropped me off at my house so I could change and drive myself to school, before taking Scott to his house. No one was home when I arrived, which I was thankful for. I'm not sure how well my father would take my spending the night at my boyfriend's house. Even though all we did was research a bank robbery, I don't think he'd see it in the same light.

 I quickly put on a fresh set of clothes and braided my unwashed hair down my back. I transferred the extra Adderall pill I had taken from Stiles into the pocket of my jean jacket. If tonight was going to be anything like I expect it to be, I'm going to need it.

 Going into the bathroom, I examined my reflection. My mascara was slightly smeared and the thin layer of eyeliner I had applied yesterday had faded. I washed away the leftover make-up, realizing that it wasn't actually mascara underneath my eyes. There were dark circles, most likely from my lack of sleep and high stress. I dabbed concealer over them, not wanting any of my friends to worry.

 After grabbing an apple and a coffee for breakfast, I hurried out the door and to my car. I sped the whole way to school, not realizing how much time I had taken up getting ready. Lydia has turned me too high maintenance.

 I made it into English just before the tardy bell rang, smiling at Stiles as I sat down. The anxiety of what was going down tonight was going to make it difficult to make it through school. Hopefully my classes can provide a good distraction. I need to get my mind off of all of this.

 Stiles walked with me to my locker after class. He leaned up against the wall as I put away and pulled out my necessary books. His gaze caused my cheeks to burn red. "You know," I said, a small giggle escaping. "I'm still not over the whole condom incident in Finstock's class,"

 He gave an uncomfortable laugh, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah," he drawled. "About that,"

 "You really had to bring it to school?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

 "Well, I, uh...I just...um," he stumbled, trying to come up with an explanation. He shifted on the balls of his feel, dragging his nails along his arms. "I'm sorry,"

 "It's okay," I said. I placed a soft hand on his shoulder, feeling him relax slightly under my touch. "Although, it really should have been used,"

 It took him a moment to pick up on what I was saying. He gave a half smile - what I think was an attempt at being sexy - and straightened himself up. The elbow he was leaning against the lockers slipped, and I helped him catch himself before he could hit the ground. He looked around quickly to see if anyone else had noticed as I laughed at his clumsiness.

 He smiled again and brushed off the jacket he was wearing, trying to play it off like it didn't just happen. I snickered into the palm of my hand, the incident becoming funnier the more times I played it back in my mind. Stiles gave me a look, squinting his eyes and raising one eyebrow.

 "You think that was funny?" He asked. 

 I shook my head, still cracking up. I swallowed my laughter and tightened my lips to hold back my smile. "No, no definitely not,"

 "Really?" Stiles questioned, taking a step in front of me. 

 "Mmhm," I mumbled. 

 He let out a playful scoff. He shut my locker door, slinging an arm around my shoulders. Pressing a chaste kiss to the side of my head as we began walking to class he said, "You're a terrible liar."

 I walked out to my car after school. I was hoping to swing home quick and grab something to eat before we headed over to Derek's loft to go forth with our planning. My fingers pressed down on the unlock button, causing my doors to click open.

 Just as I was about to reach out to the handle of my driver's side, someone stepped in front of me. I sighed and clicked my tongue. I swear, this chick is stalking me or something. Sure, she has knowledge that I'd like to be in on, but I don't trust her enough to give her the details about what I am.

 "Thought about our little plan of exchange yet?" She said, crossing her arms. I was surprised she could even blink with how big her false eyelashes were.

 "No," I said. "I actually have bigger things to occupy my time with,"

 "Like the alpha pack?" She asked, cocking a brow. A sickly sweet smile then made its way onto her lips. "Or trying to find your friend...what's her name, Heather?"

 I tightened my mouth into a scowl. My reaction seemed to have pleased her as she gave a cocky laugh. I balled my hands into fists, fighting the urge to use the boxing skills Dad has taught me and knock the bitch straight on her ass.

 "You know, it's a full moon tonight," she said. "You better watch yourself,"

 "Please," I said, challenging her with a raise of my eyebrows. I leaned in slightly. "This isn't my first rodeo. We can handle ourselves,"

 She scoffed. "If by we you mean you and that boyfriend of yours, good luck. You really think that some weak little human can protect you?"

 I pictured punching her in the face, as to resist the urge to actually do it. No one talks about Stiles that way. He is far from weak. Hell, he's stronger than I am. We've all been through a lot the past few months, but Stiles overcame it without the assistance of any supernatural powers.

 "You're the one who'd better watch themselves tonight," I said, my voice like stone. I pushed past her, not even bothering to buckle my seat belt before I took off out of the parking lot. 

 I have enough crazy werewolves to deal with tonight. I didn't need to add her to the list.

 ☀

 "Okay, you see this right here?" Stiles laid out one of the blueprints of the bank he'd acquired from his father. Using a red marker, he pointed to a specific location on the map. "This is how they got in. It's a rooftop air conditioning vent. It leads down inside to the wall of the vault, which is here," 

 He uncapped the marker and circled the area he was talking about. Eric and I glanced at each other for a moment. We were both uneasy about this plan, but something had to be done. If there's a way to save Boyd and whoever is with him, we have to do it.

 "Okay? One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft," said Stiles, pointing to another location. "Now, that space is so small it took them about twelve hours to drill into that wall - which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof, through that one little shaft on the wall. Boom,"

 Stiles slammed a hand down on the table as he finished his explanation. He put the cap back on the marker and tapped it against his hand. I chewed the inside of my lip, knowing that pulling this off would be a long shot.

 "Can we fit in there?" Scott asked, leaning over the table.

 "Yes we can," said Stiles. "But very, very barely, and they also patched the wall obviously so we need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit - "

 "Look, forget the drill," said Derek. He held himself up with both arms leaning on the table. He hung his head down, the way he always does when he's thinking. 

 Stiles pursed his lips, furrowing his brow and looking over at Derek. "Sorry?"

 "If I go in first how much space do I have?" Derek asked.

 Stiles drummed his fingers along the table. He glanced over at me and Eric with an annoyed expression. It's the same one I usually wear every time Derek opens up his mouth. My attitude towards him must be rubbing off.

 "What do you think you're gonna do, Derek?" Stiles said, standing up straight. "You gonna punch through the wall?"

 Derek rolled his shoulders back and folded his arms. He wasn't all that much taller than Stiles, but he probably has twice the body mass. He huffed up his chest and shifted his weight from foot to foot.

 "Yes, Stiles," he said, wearing a smirk. "I'm gonna punch through the wall."

 "Okay big guy, let's see it. Let's see that fist, big ole fist. Make it, come on put it out there, don't be scared," taunted Stiles. Clenching his jaw, Derek lifted up his balled hand. "Big bad wolf yeah, look at that,"

 I looked over at Eric and rolled my eyes, holding in a snicker. There was something satisfying about the way my boyfriend was berating Derek's ego at the moment. It's something that's been long overdue.

 Stiles grabbed Derek's wrist and placed a flat palm vertical just a short distance to Derek's knuckles. "Okay see this? That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid - "

 Without warning, Derek punched Stiles' hand. "Derek!" I hissed, running over to my boyfriend's aid. Sending a glare back at Derek, I walked Stiles to the other side of the table. I held the hand Derek had injured in between my own.

 "He can do it," groaned Stiles. I noticed his face soften as I healed his hand. He sent me a thankful smile and I gave his hand a squeeze. 

 "Was that really necessary?" I asked Derek, tilting my head. 

 He ignored my question. "I'll get through the wall," he said. "Who's following me down?"

 I looked at Eric out of the corner of my eye. He was staring at the floor, his shoulders rising and falling with each slow breath. I don't want him to go, but I know he has to. By choosing to take the bite, he also took on a great responsibility to protect those in danger. 

 Derek's gaze drifted to a spot in the corner of his loft. I followed his eyes to see Peter sitting in the shadows on a spiral staircase. Hatred burned up inside of me. I clenched my hands into fists, focusing on breathing so I wouldn't loose my cool. 

 "Don't look at me," said Peter. "I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly with Isaac out of commission you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."

 I moved closer to my brother as Peter spoke. Eric would be the one to crack before me. It's hard enough not to try and kill Peter when it's not a full moon. Really, the only thing keeping Eric from ripping out his throat again is me. If Peter dies, I die, and I really don't think Eric can handle losing a sister for the third time.

 "So I'm supposed to just let them die?" Derek asked. 

 "One of them's already dead," said Peter. My hands were shaking in anger.

 "We don't know that," said Derek. 

 I'll give him one thing, he does care about his pack. If only he'd cared that much about me. My life would be completely different if he'd just listened to Eric. Maybe things could have been better, they definitely would have been easier. I guess we'll just never know.

 "Do I have to remind you what we're up against here?" Peter said. "A pack of alphas. All of them killers, and if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids and they're going to be missed,"

 "Can someone kill him again, please?" I said, placing a hand on my hip. 

 He looked at me with mockingly innocent eyes. I responded back with a sarcastic smile, squinting my eyes. I swear if it wouldn't kill me too I would kill him myself. He deserves it for all the bad things he's done. He killed Mom and Zoe. He took away two of the most important people to me and flipped my world upside down. There's no forgiving that.

 "Derek," said Peter, looking up at him. "Seriously, not worth the risk,"

 Peter sat back, folding his arms. If Heather's in there with Boyd, and if she has been bitten and is under the power of the full moon, then it is worth it. We have to save her. I don't care if I have to go into that vault myself.

 "What about you two?" Derek asked, looking down the table. 

 "Well if you want me to come - "

 "Not you," said Derek, cutting off Stiles. 

 "Scott and Eric," said Stiles, bobbing his head. 

 We all stared at the two werewolves, who exchanged glances before Scott spoke. "I don't know about Erica, but if Boyd's still alive then we have to do something."

 "We have to try," added Eric. He looked over his shoulder and sent a glare towards Peter, who let out a deep breath.

 "But?" Derek pressed.

 "Who's the other girl?" Scott asked, looking away as he thought about it. "The one locked in there with Boyd,"

 There's a chance that it could be Heather, but if it's not her, then who the hell is it?

--------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading!

I'm seriously still not done with the second episode and this is chapter six. I was going to try and finish it but I don't want chapters to get too long. Season 3a is going to take me like fifty chapters I swear... 

Five straight updates where is my medal? I don't have school tomorrow so look for another chapter then. After that it may be a while because I get pretty busy during the week.

Also, it only took me seven and a half months, but I finally found an actor to play Cole Brisbane, Emma's dad. Dylan McDermott will be the fourth member of the Hot Dads of Beacon Hills Club. I literally decided this at four am and I was really excited for some reason?

Enough of this ridiculously long author's note.

Thanks again and don't forget to comment, vote, and follow!

GIF not mine.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

-Alyssa

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

13K 1K 12
When 16 year Unique Name ™ found her hot and rich mate Damien under unpredictable circumstances, her story progresses like every other werewolf book...
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
872K 40.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC