The Rebel & The Rogue

By oh_cool

"She sent you to me for a reason, you know." I point up at the sky, well knowing that Artemis is in our prese... More

{0} Welcome!
{1} Ares
{2} Landon
{3} Andrew
{4} Leroy
{5} Athena & Zeus
{6} Nim & Nike
{7} Jonah
{8} Angel
{9} Kyle
{10} Jordayne
{11} Henry
{12} Marvin
{13} Miles
{14} Axel
{15} Mickey
{16} Rex
{17} Rookie
{18} Sia
{19} Cooper
{20} Ares & Rori
{21} Kiles
{22} Stagger
{23} Sapphire
{24} Laslo
{25} Aranlesa
{26} Coby & Chase
{27} Alpha Rogue
{28} Bridie
{29} Aurora
{30} Asher
{31} Darius
{33} Kenzie
{34} Marshall
{35} Artemis
{36} Mila
🤫

{32} Coby

253 18 20
By oh_cool

Above: no one, im lazy

---------

"What?"

I watch as Ares blinks repeatedly, but his eyes never flick back to the same green they once were today. He looks at 'Darius' with a disgusted look of confusion. But I'm sure that the more that he looks at his father, the more he sees the striking resemblance.

"Come on now, son. That's not a way to greet your dad." Darius chuckles evilly, making me want to gag.

"You'll never be my father." Ares growls, placing a finger on the rogue's chest. Darius politely removes it, giving a small smile.

"I've always been your father. You can't change that."

I can't decide if Ares looks more angrier than sad, or sadder than angrier. His jaw clenches, and I swallow. He's definitely angry.

"You raped my mother." Ares spits, trying to cower over someone who is his same height.

"For good reason too. Hasn't your darling Aurora told you?"

All eyes spin to me, and I'm quick to defend myself. Ares' eyes burn through me with anger, but I remain calm.

"You know him? You knew what he is to me and you didn't tell me?"

"It's not like that, Ares. We had a meeting with him, the alpha rogue, remember? Landon organised it. I didn't want to tell you that he was your dad because I knew it would hurt more than not knowing who your dad is at all."

Ares turns to me, and through he corner of my eye I see Darius smile at me. That evil piece of shit. My wolf trembles inside of me, scared of being scolded by our mate.

"You had no fucking right to do that." His face scrunches up at me, disgusted. "And you have some fucking nerve coming here, to see me, after all these years." He turns to his father, shaking his head.

One of the boys begin to cry, probably sensing that his father is angry. The tension feels humid, and suffocating. I remember feeling this kind of energy when I first met Ares.

I squat down at the push chair level, and find Coby balling his eyes out. I unbuckle him, and hold him in my arms. He calms down immediately. But Ares still flicks me an aggressive glare.

"Yes!" Darius suddenly cheers. "Just look at you. You're a true rogue. Even your eyes, look at how red they are. That's my boy."

"I'm not rogue. Not anymore." Ares shakes his head.

I imagine taking the stroller with the twins and walking far away from here. I imagine that we never ran into the alpha rogue. And imagine that Ares isn't mad at me. But that of course, is just my imagination.

"You'll always be apart of you. Just like your sons, it'll always be apart of them."

I can't believe that this is the same man who called Ares a waste of potential just days ago. What's his game? Why is he doing this to me? I gave him what he wanted, we made our deal, and now he's trying to torture me even more.

"Don't talk about me, or my sons like you know us. You don't know us. You'll never even get to know us because you're evil. How can you even look at me in the eyes knowing that you raped my mother? You left her there to die! I'm nothing like you. Nothing."

Darius takes a step back and holds his hands up at the sound of his son's voice raising. Her chuckles though, finding amusement in something so serious.

"Alright, alright. No need to be nasty." He says, still smiling. "I'll be on my way before things blow up even more than they already have. But I will be seeing you again, my boy. You too, Aurora."

He turns his back and I can't believe that Ares let him walk away. I'm surprised he didn't pin him down, and beat the shit out of him quite frankly. Because I can feel his blood boil at every step his father takes away from us.

"You should leave too." Ares tells me, his muscles expanding while his veins pop. He doesn't look at me.

"But Ar---" I begin to argue before being cut off.

"No buts. You had no right to keep something like that from me. And you lied to me. How can I trust you? What else are you keeping from me?" He pauses, making my heart drop. I wish I could tell him. But now, it'll hurt more than ever to know what I'm planning. "Actually, I don't wanna know."

I sigh, thinking back to keeping this from him. I honestly thought that he would be better off not knowing, but obviously not.

I decide that maybe he just needs some time alone. So with Coby on my hip, I take hold of the stroller that his brother is in.

"I just want you to know that I'm sorry. I didn't think you would want to know, I thought I was doing the right thing. But I'll leave you alone for now, and I'll take the boys with me."

He looks at me now, and shakes his head certainly.

"No. The boys stay with me." He puts a hand on the push chair, and I keep my grip on Coby.

"Ares, in all fairness I don't think you're in the right state to look after--" He cuts me off again.

"No. I want them. I need to be with them right now." He tugs on the chair, removing my hand.

"I'm serious. I don't want you with them right now."

My instincts kick in to protect my babies, but at the same time my instincts are telling me to obey my mate. I'm torn, and I wish all three would just come back with me. I don't want to leave Ares alone.

"Give me Coby." Ares holds out his hands, waiting for me to hand him over.

I turn away, holding Coby close to my chest. I'm not giving him.

"No. Give me Chase." I give him a stern look.

"You know what? You take Coby, I'll take Chase. Have a fucking great day, Rori." Before I can even move he's walking away from me with the stroller around his hands. For a moment I think about running after him, but decide it's best not to argue. I hope Chase will be okay with him.

"Guess it's just you and me, little buddy." I sigh, looking into Coby's sweet eyes.

-----------------------

"Well, where's the other one?" My mother pulls out of our hug and ushers me inside.

"With his daddy." I sigh sadly, brushing the hairs on Coby's little head with my fingers.

"Are you alright? What happened?" She asks immediately, folding her arms. She wears her cooking apron and typical mom-jeans, with her brown hair tucked into a bun.

"Just had a little fight, that's all. Thought I'd come home for the night." I shrug, holding on to my baby.

"Oh honey. Boys will be boys. Come on, dinners almost ready. Everyone's in the dining room." She rubs my back gently, making a silly face at tired Coby.

We walk into the dining room and a familiar warm feeling washes over me. I haven't been properly home in what feels like years, and it's so nice to be with my family again.

"Rori!" Dexter jumps up on his feet, from the table to my side. "Hey, little man." He begins playing with Coby's foot so I pass him over so he can have a cuddle.

"I missed you, Dex." I wrap my arm around his neck, hugging him closely. I ruffle up his dark blond hair playfully, kissing him on the head.

I move down the room to give Landon, Dad and Ash a quick hug. The comforting feeling of being at home makes me calm, and forget about what's happened today.

"Thought you moved out?" I take a seat next to Landon, looking at him inquisitively.

"Sapphire is out of town, and I don't know how to cook so..." He shrugs, fidgeting with the cutlery that's set on the table. "Why are you here anyway? Where's Ares and the other twin?"

"Long story," I sigh. "Just got the one for tonight."

"Well can I hold my grandson then?" My Dad asks, looking over to Dexter who is swinging Coby around. As much as it looks unsafe, I let it happen. I can't always be protective.

Dexter pretends to fly Coby over our heads and into the arms of his Pops. Giggles fill the room immediately, as Mum places a big dish of something in the middle of the table.

"Good to have you back home, darling." She tells me, taking off the mits from her hands.

After dinner, I set Coby down for his sleep in my old room. Mum pulled out Ash's old crib from the attic, and I changed him with the diapers and spare clothes in my handbag. I always come prepared.

Landon is first to go home, leaving straight after desert. Mum and Dad are next; all tired from playing with their grandson. Then Dexter, who has to go somewhere early in the morning. Leaving just Ash and I.

We sit by the fireplace, roasting a packet of marshmallows that I found hidden at the top of the pantry. Someone's not going to be happy once they've realized I've found their secret snack.

"So tell me," Ash begins, chewing on sweet goodness. "Why go and offer yourself up to the Alpha Rogue, just to feel guilty about it?"

"Think about it, Ashy." I pause, making sure my marshmallow doesn't burn. "If I die... everyone else lives. I can't help feeling guilty for not telling anyone, either way, I'm going to feel bad."

"Are you going to do it....?" He asks, looking at me with his soft blue eyes. They reflect the flames of the fire back at me, reminding me of how Ares looked today.

It doesn't take me long to answer because I've already decided. I pretend like I don't know what to do, even though I've already made the deal. I try convince myself that I have an option, when really I know that there isn't one.

"Yeah." I nod, rolling my lips. "I have to."

He puts his hand over mine. I let out a deep sigh, realizing that my time is almost over. That I'm lying to everyone. And that in the end, I'm leaving behind my entire family, including two infant sons.

"I'm always here." He assures me. "No matter what you chose, no matter how it ends."

I lean forward and wrap my arms around him. What have I done to deserve someone so accepting? He hugs back, gripping a hand full of hair.

"I have some things to ask of you, Ash. Things that you're gonna have to do once I'm gone." I say quietly, still in his embrace.

"Anything." He quivers, his voice sounding shaky.

For the first time in years, I watch as Ash cries. He tries to hold the waterfall back at first, but his trembling lip makes them gush like rain on a crappy day. He uses his sleeve to wipe them away, breathing in patterns to pull himself together.

"I'm sorry," He tells me, getting to the corner of his eyes. "It's just weird thinking that you're not gonna be here."

"I'm sorry, Ashy."

"No, don't be sorry, for all I know you could be saving my life." He sits up straight, looking at me with glossy red eyes. "Now, what are those requests?"

For fourteen, Ash really was already more of a man than most people in this pack are. In my opinion, I actually think he's more of a man than Landon. My little brother, my best friend ceases to amaze me each and everyday.

"When I'm gone, Ares isn't going to cope. He'll probably get really mad, runaway even. You have to be the person that makes him come around."

I well know that my death will break Ares. He'll go completely tunnel vision, forget all the good things in life. He'll even forget the boys if it gets too bad.

When Ash gives me the nod of 'I'll do it' I continue on.

"The boys... if Ares doesn't come around straight away, or can't look after them - can you get Mum and Dad to look after them. But you gotta make sure it's temporary, I want Ares to raise them. Don't let him turn his back." 

It feels like I'm writing my will, and I'm about to sign the contract. And as much as it pains me to see Ash on the brink of tears, this debrief makes me feel better. It makes me feel less guilty for what I'll be doing next week now that I have a plan in mind. 

"Lastly, watch over the boys. They'll be too young to remember me. I want them to be close with you, Ashy. Don't let my death drift Ares or the twins away from the family. Mum and dad are the god parents if anything happens to Ares, but I want you to be their little guardian angel." With my final wish, I wipe the tear that's been sitting on his nose for the last minute. Ash smiles through the pain, looking tired. 

When the fire dies out and the marshmallows disappear, the two of us head to our bedrooms. We shuffle quietly down the hallway trying not to wake the baby when Ash wishes me goodnight.

"Night, big sis. And hey, will you and Ares be okay after today?" He asks, realizing that I'm back home for the night because of an argument.

"Yeah." I chuckle, trying not to make him worry. "He'll get over it." 

--------------------

Hey, hey, hey!!

Update twice in week? That's what I called avoiding my history assignment haha. 

Love u guys, this books almost over omg. I started it Dec 2015 I think, now we're half way through 2017! Should be finished by August or Sep (depends how long i make it ;) ) 

vote, comment & follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 48.9K 46
Today's the day I'm supposed to find my mate. He was the most gorgeous guy with black hair and blue eyes that was the color of the ocean. He smiled a...
2.8M 49.6K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
284K 6.9K 50
BOOK 1 OF THE BIG BAD WOLF SERIES: "R-Roman, stop," He lingers on each kiss, teasing me with his tongue. Sparks erupt. "You make me so damn angry...
31.3K 1.8K 32
An Alpha female finds her inner Alpha and grows in power. Will she find her mate? Is he her true mate? What are the Rouges planning? Will her over pr...