The Secret of Life Itself (Fu...

By yuki_no_fuyu

This is a story of a love triangle of all the main male characters. It's Edward, Alphonse, Envy, Wrath, Pride... More

Found Where?
Central City
Home Can Be Brutal
Sorry For The Trouble AN
Laboratory 5
Kidnapped?
An Ideal Sacrifice
A Grand Loss
A Grand Loss Reversed
Author's Note For Votes
Making a Choice
Trying to Find My Friends
Info About The Story
The Alchemist v.s The Homunculus
Xingese in Rush Valley
They Framed Who?!
Fighting The Undying
Inside The Belly pt.1
Inside The Belly pt.3
Father
Authors Note
Ambitions
Is It Ling? Or Is It Greed?
The Ishvalan War of Extermination
520 Cens Promise
The Fühurs Son
4 Panel Comic #1 and Reader-Chan Reactions #1
The Northern Wall of Briggs
Ice Queen
New Romance Interests
Melting a Frozen Heart
The Shape of This Country
Tunnel of Shadows
Week of Shadows
Conflict at Baschool
Info About Author
Scar's Brother's Notes
Bite of the Ant
6k Reads!!!
Homunculus in a Jar
Author's Note
Back To Lior
Remeeting Ed and Al's Father
Dwelling in the Past
Revving at Full Throttle
Plans for the Future
A Cautionary Tale About Guns
Is Greed a Bad Thing?
Tagged
New Story
4 Panel Comic: 3
Announcement
I'll Be Updating Soon

Inside The Belly pt.2

1.5K 45 46
By yuki_no_fuyu

Your POV:

My eyes were closed. I felt myself in a warm thick liquid. It smelled like rotting flesh in here. I looked down and saw that I was in a sea of blood.

"ARGHHH!!!! WHERE AM I?!" I screamed.

I then see Edward holding his ears shut.

"That's exactly what I said." Ed said.

We walked around for a minute.

"Hello? CAN ANYONE HEAR ME? HELLO, ANYBODY?! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS PLACE?! Damnit. IT'S LING'S FAULT, THAT IDIOT PRINCE!" Ed yelled.
"Who do you think you to call me that?" Ling said, obviously outraged.
"Ling!"
"You can't call the future emperor of a nation an idiot."
"Are you alright?"

Then Ed backed up. He had a sneer tugged at his face.

"Hold on?" Edward says.
"What's wrong?" Ling asks.
"Yeah. What's wrong with Ling Ed?" I asked.

He backs up a bit.

"How do I know you aren't Envy in disguise?" Ed asks.
"Oh come on. Do you want me to recite the hotel room service menu from top to bottom?" Ling asks.
"Alright your Ling."
"And what about you? How do I know you're not Envy? You little runt!"
"WHO ARE YOU CALLING LITTLE RUNT YOU JERK?!"
"Ok it's really you."

I just start laughing.

"Haha! You guys are hilarious. Food and being called small! The best ways to know your friend!" I say while laughing.
"How do we know you aren't Envy? What are your kittens names?" Ed asks.
"Yin, and Yang."
"Yup. It's her alright."

We all then start walking around. Everything is on fire. Not only on fire, but covered in blood. There are also random chunks of earth.

"How did we even get here?" Edward asks.
"Last thing I remember, Gluttony swallowed us whole." Ling said.
"So you think this cavernous void, is the inside of Gluttony's stomach?"
"Most likely. Look there. That's the abandoned house where we were hiding. Also check this out."

We looked over to where he pointed the light. There was a pale blue car.

"And that's the lieutenant's car!" Edward exclaimed.
"And I'm guessing all the fire is from the Colonel's attack." Ling said.

*flashback*

Gluttony was sucking in the fire.

*present*

"Oh yeah. That proves it." Ed says.
"Well it does make sense." I said.
"Then how could Gluttony's belly be this huge?"

I then looked at Ling. Ed then looked at Ling too.

"I have no idea. But I sincerely doubt this is a very pleasant place." Ling said.
"Gimme that." Ed said.

Ed then took Ling's torch, and walked over to a chunk of earth.

"What is it?" Ling asks Ed, as Ed gets to the chunk of earth.

Upon closer inspection, it was Al's hand.

Edward's POV:

I made my way to the piece of earth holding the metal hand. I stabbed the ground, with the torch, keeping it in place. Then I grabbed the hand.

"Ling, (y/n), look at this." I said.
"Is that Al's?" Ling and (y/n) ask.
"Why is it just this hand? Maybe he didn't get swallowed. And he's safe. He's gotta be freaking out, wondering where we are now. I wish there was some way I could contact him."

I looked at the hand. I stared at it closely.

Your POV:

"OHHHHAAHHHYAAAAA! CONVENIENTLY AWAKEN TELEPATHIC POWERS!!!!! ELRIC BROTHER TELEPATHY!!!!! OHHHHAYYYYAA!!!" Ed screamed while waving the hand in the air.
"Yeah good luck with that..." Ling said while walking the opposite direction.
"WE ARE COMING!!!!"

I then do what any person would do in this situation.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!! HAHAHA! ED WHY!!!! THAT WONT WORK!!!! HAHAHAH! YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!" I screamed while laughing so hard, I fell in the blood not caring and laughing.

We started roaming again.

"This place is like a wasteland of buildings, and human remains. They're all from different time periods." Edward said.
"I wonder if there's even a way out of this place?" Ling said.
"I wonder too." I said.

I looked around. Ed was right. I see bones, and buildings.

"If not, then I'LL MAKE US ONE." Ed said while clenching his automail fist.
"You will, will you. How and where?" Ling asked.

That little strand of Ed's hair on the top of his head went down. He was thinking.

"I have an idea." I said.
"Let Ed think (y/n)." Ling said.
"I was just trying to help."
"You don't need to. You stay you. That's all you can do. Being us is all we can do."

I blushed at that. Was Ling always that mature?

Ed then transmuted a well looking thing.

"Ok! Now drop the torch!" Ed said.
"Oh I get it now. Here goes!" Ling said, as he dropped the torch.

We all listened for the torch.

• • • • •

"You should've heard it land by now." Ed said sadly, and Ling was crying.
"If we would've jumped in there, we would've fallen to death!" I said.

We then started running.

"A WALL, THERE HAS TO BE A WALL!!" Ling screamed while running.
"THERE HAS TO BE!" I scream, while also running.
"NO MATTER HOW HUGE THIS PLACE IS, IF WE KEEP HEADING STRAIGHT, WE'RE GONNA REACH THE EDGE!!! THERE HAS TO BE SOME KIND OF AN EXIT SOMEWHERE!!!" Ed screams.

*ten minutes later*

"Ugh. This is really starting to get old. Blood doesn't make for good terrain." Ling said, obviously tired.
"We noticed." Ed and I said tiredly.

We kept walking.

"And we're still not any closer to an exit." Ed said.
"I'm starving to death." Ling said, when we walked out of the way of a thing that looks like a furnace.

We still kept on walking. We weren't going to give up that easily. My mom said I was strong.

"As soon as we're out, I'll let you order anything from room service. And you can eat as much as you want...., and sleep as long as you like." Ed said, while Ling collapsed. "Ling?"

He fell. On a reddened log. Great. This is bad.

"I can't ." Ling whimpered.
"Don't tell me you're giving up so soon!" Edward said.

Ling was panting. I sweatdrop. When is he not hungry?

"Are you that pathetic? It's bad enough when you collapse in the street, but HERE?! GET UP! COME ON! QUIT BEING SO WEAK!" Edward said then screamed.
"Just go." Ling said.

Edward snarled. He really needs to stop being stubborn.

"YOU SPINELESS JELLY FISH! ALRIGHT FINE THEN! GIVE UP AND DIE IF YOU WANT, BUT YOU'RE NOT DRAGGING ME DOWN!!! C'mon (y/n)." Edward yelled.

I look at him. Then at Ling. Ed starts stomping away. He really is stubborn.

"I'm seriously leaving you here!" Edward said while turning around. "I'm not messing around Ling!"

A tick mark appears on my head.

"ED, JUST HELP HIM DAMNIT!" I scream.

Ed then ran back, and slung Ling on his shoulder. He held the torch in his mouth. As it looked, Ling was heavy.

"I thought you were gonna leave me behind." Ling said with his eyes closed.
"There's way too many people I'd be letting by dying here! And you've got people waiting for you too right? And plus (y/n) screaming is even more terrifying than getting hit upside the head with a wrench! Now shut up! You're strong enoug-" Ed said while falling.
"Karma! I'm not scary Ed!" I said.

He tripped on a rock. Still karma nonetheless.

Before I could blink, we all were on a circular shaped stone. We were laying down, and looking up. We all were panting.

"So... hungry. I wish we could find something to eat." Ling said, while panting.
"Well actually. Y'know." Edward said, while taking off his shoe and emptying the blood from it. "Leather goods are edible. We've got a meal."

Then Ed transmuted a pot and some water from the blood. He also transmuted a thing to hold up the pot. He then kept transmuting. There was a spoon now. He cooked the shoe. Also he split it in three.

"That should do it." Edward said, as he scooped up the thirds into metal dishes.

"Here you guys go." Edward said, while handing us out dishes.

He handed me a small spoon.

(A RUSTY SPOON!!!!!! I'm sorry. I love salad fingers 😂)

"You don't have athletes foot, do you?" Ling asked.

I saw a tick mark appear on Ed's head.

"MY FOOT IT MADE OF METAL YOU IDIOT!" Edward screamed.
"I knew that!" I chimed in.

I then laughed. And ate. The flavor was like a shoe. All I could say was, it tasted like a cooked shoe.

"Ahhhhhh man, that shoe filled me up." Ed said.
"I'm sorry, Ed, (y/n)." Ling said.
"Why is that?" Ed and I said.
"It's al my fault that you guys are here."

I look at him.

"It is not." I said.
"Besides, this is a joke compared to what my teachers put me through. It just sucks that we have no idea where this place is. But, that's alright as long as we got our help, then we can find an exit outta here." Edward explained.

I looked at Ed.

"You're sure optimistic." Ling said, while chuckling.
"Not really, I'm just stubborn. And, if even think about giving up, I have Al's iron fist to look forward to." Ed said.

I chuckled at that comment. Al is too nice to punch Ed. Wait. Al punched Ed before. Never mind.

Ling then grumbled. He looked over to my left, stood up, then got into a battle stance.

"What's wrong?" I asked.
"There's something out there." Ling said.

We looked out there, and saw ENVY?

"Is that?" Ling was cut off.
"I thought so, I should've known It'd be you guys." Envy said, while walking closer.
"It's definitely Envy."

Then Ed raised his hand.

"PLEASE SHOW ME THE WAY OUTTA HERE!" Ed screamed.

Ling turned to Ed and gasped. Then I saw Envy sit down on a random stone chunk.

"YOU'RE JUST GOING TO START BEGGING THE EMEMY FOR HELP LIKE THAT?!" Ling asks while screaming.
"IF IT MEANS SURVIVING, I'LL BE HIS BEST FRIEND!" Ed screamed.
"ED NO!" I said.
"TALK ABOUT!"
"It doesn't matter because there is no exit." Envy states clearly.

That broke up the argument. All three of us gasped.

"You've really gotten us into a fine mess. I can't believe you got me swallowed with you." Envy said while face palming.
"You just said swallowed. So we really are inside Gluttony's stomach?" Ling asks.
"Well yes and no, see it's a lot more complicated then that. Ask the pipsq-"

Ed tensed and looked angry.

"I mean the Alchemist. And the girl too. They should've realized what place this is." Envy said, while raising his arms up.
"I did notice something when Gluttony swallowed us. It was like I had a familiar feeling." Ed said.
"So I wasn't the only one." I stated.
"So you both do remember then. This isn't the first time you've been through this."

Ed and I stepped back. There was only one place that could be like this. Not covered in blood though. It was described as a sin. The result of a human transmutation.

Edward's POV:

*flashback*

The portal opened between Al and I. The door was behind me, and open.

*present*

Your POV:

"The Portal of Truth!" Ed and I screamed.
"But, it wasn't pitch black, and filled with a sea of blood. It was more like, an entirely white void." Ed said, shaken by the answer from Envy.
"Yeah..." I said, to shocked to give a better answer.

I then look at Envy.

"Oh yeah. So that's what the real one looks like." Envy said.
"The real one?" Ed and I said.
"Gluttony is a failed experiment by our father, to create his own Portal of Truth."

Ed and I look at each other.

"He's... a what?" Ed and I say once again together.
"Despite how powerful our father is, he still couldn't create one. We are trapped inside a defective Portal of Truth. So this place. It exists somewhere in between reality and truth. Envy explained.

I look down. Scared.

"In between?" Ed and I ask.
"And, I can assure you that there's no way out of here. The only option we got is to sit here until our strength runs out. That's it. All we can do is wait here to die." Envy said, sweat is visible on his face.

Ed, Ling, and I looked at each other in shock. The news we just got, wasn't what we hoped for. We wanted to leave this place. Not die here. It's obvious that none of us were happy. Especially Ed.

"No way. Don't think I'm falling for any of that crap! I know you're lying to us Envy! YOU'RE LYING AREN'T YOU?!" Edward screamed.

Envy just sat there, getting even more pissed. His eyes held anger. And... truth?

"So there really isn't a way out? We're gonna die here?" Ling said. Hope draining from him.
"No wait. No... hold on. I can't die here. What's Al gonna do if I die? We made a promise, and, and he needs me to get back to normal. Tch. Damnit! I wanna know who your father is? Who would try to create their own portal? ITS FÜHUR BRADLEY ISN'T IT?" Edward screams.

Envy looks even more angry. Assumptions.

"Tch. What are you serious? Heh, nice try, but King Bradley is nothing more than a homunculus." Envy said.
"Told you so." Ling said.

Edward looked beyond mad.

"The 5th Laboratory, human live sacrifice to make Philosopher Stones. Homunculi. And if the Fühur is on your side, then I'm guessing you're the ones behind Ishval!" Edward said.
"Oh Ishval!" Envy said, with glee.

He started laughing very hard. Like he enjoyed it.

"I couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable job than that. You remember the incident that started the war right?" Envy asked, still joyful about the topic.
"I had always heard it was because a military officer accidentally shot an Ishvalan child." Edward said.

I looked at Envy.

'Wait. No.' I though to myself.

I kept thinking.

"Yup, and the one that proudly pulled the trigger was none other than yours truly!" Envy said, while putting his hand on his chest.

He did it. He actually did it. This is worse than I thought. Edward gasped.

*flashback*

Third Person POV:

A little Ishvalan girl walked up to a military officer. She was holding a teddy and skipping around. The man she was near smiled at her. She smiled back. Then he gave her an evil smirk, while holding up the gun. Her eyes widened, as the man shot her.

*present*

Your POV:

Envy's eyes landed on me. He started laughing again.

"And not only did I kill that child. I also was the one who killed our lovely (y/n)'s parents!" Envy yelled in glee.
"Wait what?" I asked. Shocked to even comprehend.
"How did you think I knew you were an Alchemist? Your parents screams for someone to save them from their fate, it was like music to my ears! The best part, was that I used your safety to make them not tell you who tied them to that bed! Ohhh and not to mention that I set their room on fire first! What a joyous memory!"

I looked at him I fell on my knees.

Mom, dad. I finally found him. The one that killed you. Tears formed in my eyes, as the memories came flooding from that night. I dreaded the day where I would find out who killed you both. Mom, dad. I'm sorry.

Cliffhanger. Dun-Dun-Dun!!!!! I'll update soon. I hope you loved chapter. It took me a couple hours considering the dialogue.
-CRUSIFIXdroid

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.8K 3.1K 40
Psst....yeah you, should check out my story. May be to your fancy 😁 -I don't own the characters or the pictures- Beware there may-CORRECTION- will b...
10.2K 448 8
The Seven Deadly Sins have roamed the earth for thousands of years. Pride, Wrath, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust, Greed, and Envy have stuck together during t...
266K 8.5K 23
Running from your past isn't a great way to face it. Luckily, you have someone that's always there for you But what if that's isn't enough to save y...