The Exception

De amn1011

When unexplained reasons push Josh Williams away from his dysfunctional, backstabbing family, he must go to g... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Q and A, Sequel Announcement, and Appreciation
"The Deception" Preview: Chapter 1

Chapter 33

394 21 0
De amn1011

*Selena​ ​POV*

Staring​ ​at​ ​the​ ​blank​ ​walls​ ​around​ ​me,​ ​I​ ​felt​ ​almost​ ​emptiness.​ ​It's​ ​almost
impossible​ ​to​ ​tell​ ​how​ ​long​ ​I've​ ​been​ ​here​ ​in​ ​this​ ​room.​ ​To​ ​me,​ ​it​ ​could​ ​have been​ ​years​ ​since​ ​I've​ ​been​ ​in​ ​this​ ​room.​ ​

I​ ​felt​ ​like​ ​I​ ​was​ ​having​ ​a​ ​hard​ ​time remembering​ ​how​ ​I​ ​got​ ​here​ ​in​ ​the​ ​first​ ​place.​ ​The​ ​more​ ​I​ ​struggled​ ​to​ ​recall, the​ ​more​ ​resistance​ ​I​ ​felt​ ​pulsating​ ​through​ ​me. 

"Oh,​ ​Selena.​​ ​You​ ​are​ ​one​ ​tough​ ​wolf​ ​to​ ​crack. If you would just relax, you would slip into a peaceful tranquility.​ I'm only trying to keep you happy..."

I can't even remember why I am fighting at this point. The only thing I am focused on is fighting.

"Though, I have to admit I'm impressed. I've​ ​never met​ ​anyone​ ​with​ ​such​ ​intense​ ​control​ ​over​ ​their​ ​mind​ ​before.​ ​The​ ​only​ ​wolves I've​ ​met​ ​who​ ​have​ ​put​ ​up​ ​such​ ​an​ ​intense​ ​mind-link​ ​block​ ​have​ all ​been​ ​Alphas."

As​ ​he​ ​was​ ​talking,​ ​I​ ​felt​ ​my​ ​mind​ ​starting​ ​to​ ​remember.

Oh​ ​yeah.​ ​Alpha​ ​Jordan​ ​taught​ ​me​ ​how​ ​to​ ​effectively​ ​put a block up.​ ​But I​ ​can't​ ​for​ ​the​ ​life​ ​of​ ​me​ ​remember​ ​why...

Slowly​ ​but​ ​surely,​ ​parts​ ​of​ ​my​ ​memory​ ​seemed​ ​to​ ​be​ ​fading​ ​away.​ ​Despite​ ​my attempts​ ​to​ ​remain​ ​calm,​ ​this​ ​feeling was​ ​causing​ ​me​ ​to​ ​panic. 

"Hmm,​ ​I​ ​must​ ​have​ ​had​ ​a​ ​slight​ ​oversight.​ ​I​ ​couldn't​ ​have​ ​possibly​ ​predicted that​ ​you​ ​would​ ​have​ ​had​ ​Alpha​ ​blood.​ ​But,​ ​lucky​ ​for​ ​you,​ ​I​ ​like​ ​a challenge."

"Stay​ ​out​ ​of​ ​my​ ​head,​ ​Aaron,"​ ​I​ ​slurred.

Suddenly,​ ​his​ ​twisted​ ​laugh​ ​could​ ​be​ ​heard​ ​right​ ​next​ ​to​ ​my​ ​ear.

"Oh?​ ​Don't​ ​like​ ​that,​ ​huh?​ ​I​ ​think​ ​I​ ​may​ ​have​ ​found​ ​something.​ ​A​ ​slight​ ​sliver of..."

Suddenly,​ ​he​ ​went​ ​quiet​ ​and,​ ​much​ ​to​ ​my​ ​horror,​ ​I​ ​saw​ ​the​ ​room​ ​began​ ​to morph​ ​and​ ​twist​ ​as​ ​if​ ​it​ ​were​ ​being​ ​melted​ ​by​ ​intense​ ​heat.

Shutting​ ​my​ ​eyes​ ​from​ ​my​ ​dizzying​ ​surroundings,​ ​I​ ​tried​ ​to​ ​stay​ ​focused​ ​on one​ ​thing.​ ​Whatever​ ​Aaron​ ​was​ ​trying​ ​to​ ​do​​ ​was​ ​starting​ ​to​ ​take​ ​an effect​ ​on​ ​me.

"Open​ ​your​ ​eyes,​ ​Selena.​ ​I​ ​want​ ​to​ ​show​ ​you​ ​something​ ​I​ ​know​ ​you'll​ ​enjoy." His​ fake ​innocent​ ​voice​ ​was​ ​enough​ ​to​ ​make​ ​anyone​ ​cringe.​ ​

Though, I​ ​shook​ ​my​ ​head,​ ​hoping​ ​that​ ​I​ ​could​ ​shake​ ​off​ ​the​ ​strange​ ​feeling​ ​I​ ​was​ ​beginning​ ​to feel​ ​all​ ​around​ ​me. 

Unfortunately,​ ​my​ ​body​ ​began​ ​to​ ​betray​ ​me​ ​as​ ​I​ ​felt​ ​my​ ​eyes​ ​beginning​ ​to twitch.​ ​I​ ​wanted​ ​to​ ​keep​ ​my​ ​eyes​ ​shut,​ ​but​ ​it​ ​was​ ​almost​ ​as​ ​if​ ​they​ ​were​ ​slowly being​ ​forced​ ​open​ ​against​ ​my​ ​will. 

"No..."​ ​I​ ​muttered​ ​softly​ ​before​ ​my​ ​eyes​ ​finally​ ​opened​ ​just​ ​enough​ ​for​ ​me​ ​to​ ​feel​ ​my​ ​heart​ ​tighten​ ​in​ ​my​ ​chest.

I​ ​wanted​ ​to​ ​look​ ​away,​ to forget what was happening but there was no escape. ​It​ ​was​ ​all​ ​around​ ​me.​ ​In that moment, I suddenly​ ​started​ ​to​ ​feel​ ​the atmosphere​ ​become​ ​thick,​ ​cold,​ ​and​ ​wet.

​​As I began to panic, the​ ​atmosphere​ ​momentarily​ ​suffocated my cries as the thick air filled into my lungs. ​Quickly, I shut​ ​my​ ​mouth​ ​and​ ​tried​ ​to​ ​close​ ​my​ ​eyes,​ ​but I​ ​couldn't.​ ​My​ ​body,​ ​softly​ ​suspended​ ​in​ ​the​ ​thickening​ ​air​, ​was​ ​no​ ​longer​ ​able to​ ​move.

I​ ​was​ ​drowning.​ ​And​ ​I​ ​don't​ ​mean​ ​figuratively.​ ​I​ ​was​ ​quite​ ​literally​ ​engulfed​ ​in my​ ​worst​ ​fear.​ ​

Having​ ​been​ ​forced​ ​to​ ​look​ ​at​ ​my​ ​surroundings,​ ​I​ ​found​ ​myself underwater​ ​in​ ​freezing​ ​cold​ ​water,​ ​much​ ​like​ ​that​ ​night​ ​I​ ​almost​ ​drowned. Any​ ​attempts​ ​to​ ​scream​ ​out​ ​only​ ​seemed​ ​to​ ​exhaust​ ​me​ ​and​ ​muffle​ ​my​ ​cries for​ ​help.

In​ ​my​ ​mind,​ ​I​ ​attempted​ ​to​ ​cry​ ​out​ ​to​ ​Jake,​ ​but​ ​to​ ​no​ ​avail.​ ​I​ ​knew​ ​my​ ​cries
wouldn't​ ​reach​ ​him​ ​here. 

"Well,​ ​that's​ ​interesting...​ ​I​ ​would​ ​have​ ​expected​ ​you​ ​to​ ​cry​ ​out​ ​to​ ​your​ ​mate. Regardless,​ ​Jake​ ​can't​ ​help​ ​you​ ​here.​ ​He​ ​cannot​ ​protect​ ​you.​ ​You​ ​are drowning.​ ​And​ ​you​ ​will​ ​die​ ​here."

You. Are. Drowning.

My mind echoed softly as my survival instincts fought my whole sense of logic and reasoning.

I​ ​knew​ ​what​ ​he​ ​was​ ​trying​ ​to​ ​do.​ ​Aaron​ ​wanted​ ​me​ ​to​ ​freak​ ​out.​ ​He​ ​wanted​ ​me to​ ​scream,​ ​protest,​ ​and​ ​lose​ ​control​ ​of​ ​myself.​ ​If​ ​I​ ​reacted​ ​wrongly,​ ​he​ ​would surely​ ​know​ ​how​ ​badly​ ​this​ ​fear​ ​could​ ​potentially​ ​cripple​ ​me​ ​if​ ​I​ ​let​ ​it. 

"Hmm,​ ​maybe​ ​this​ ​isn't​ ​enough..."​ ​He​ ​muttered. 

Suddenly,​ ​the​ ​space​ ​around​ ​me​ ​got​ ​smaller​ ​and​ ​smaller​ ​to​ ​the​ ​point​ ​that​ ​I could​ ​see​ ​I​ ​was​ ​stuck​ ​underneath​ ​what​ ​appeared​ ​to​ ​be​ ​ice​ ​or​ ​glass.​ ​My​ ​breath was​ ​running​ ​short​ ​as​ ​I​ ​was​ ​beginning​ ​to​ ​believe​ ​this​ ​illusion.

Don't panic, this isnt really happening...

Attempting to prove it to myself, I tried ​to​ ​breath​ ​in​ ​only​ ​to​ ​feel​ ​choked​ ​by​ ​the​ ​water​ ​that​ ​came flowing​ ​through​ ​to​ ​my​ ​lungs.​ ​Panic​ ​started​ ​to​ ​set​ ​in.

No​ ​way,​ ​I'm​ ​really​ ​drowning...

With​ ​all​ ​the​ ​strength​ ​I​ ​had​ ​left,​ ​I​ ​started​ ​to​ ​fight​ ​back.​ ​Banging​ ​on​ ​the​ ​glass,​ ​I tried​ ​desperately​ ​to​ ​free​ ​myself​ ​only​ ​to​ ​struggle​ ​against​ ​the​ ​water​ ​around​ ​me.

Every​ ​blow​ ​was​ ​cushioned​ ​by​ ​the​ ​water​ ​as​ ​I​ ​was​ ​unable​ ​to​ ​use​ ​enough​ ​force​ ​to shatter​ ​the​ ​ice.​ ​The​ ​more​ ​panicked​ ​I​ ​got,​ ​the​ ​more​ ​real​ ​this​ ​illusion​ ​felt.

Please​ ​Jake,​ ​Josh,​ ​anyone.​ ​Save​ ​me...

With​ ​my​ ​last​ ​attempt​ ​at​ ​freedom slipping away,​ ​I​ ​slowly​ ​drifted​ ​away​ ​as​ ​I​ ​gave​ ​into​ ​the​ ​water around​ ​me​ ​and​ ​felt​ ​my​ ​consciousness​ ​fade. 

*Josh​ ​POV*

"Speak​ ​fast,​ ​Witch,​ ​we​ ​don't​ ​have​ ​all​ ​day,"​ ​Jake​ ​spitefully​ ​growled​ ​as​ ​he plopped​ ​down​ ​on​ ​the​ ​nearest​ ​couch.

Nathan​ ​nodded​ ​in​ ​response,​ ​"I'll​ ​try​ ​my​ ​best​ ​as​ ​I​ ​know​ ​you​ ​guys​ ​want​ ​to​ ​find Selena​ ​as​ ​quickly​ as​ ​possible.​"

Nevertheless,​ ​Jake​ ​rolled​ ​his​ ​eyes,​ ​probably​ ​holding​ ​himself​ ​back​ ​from​ ​making a​ ​sarcastic comment​.

"I​ ​know​ ​you​ ​both​ ​probably​ ​know​ ​what​ ​a​ ​Wielder​ ​is,​ ​but​ ​I​ ​know​ ​Jake​ ​doesn't know​ ​the​ ​story​ ​about​ ​how​ ​Aaron​ ​came​ ​to​ ​be."​ ​Nathan​ ​looked​ ​to​ ​me,​ ​asking​ ​me for​ ​permission​ ​with​ ​his​ ​eyes.​ ​He​ ​knows​ ​how​ ​sensitive​ ​this​ ​topic​ ​is​ ​to​ ​me.

"Go​ ​on,​ ​but​ ​keep​ ​it​ ​relatively​ ​short"​ ​I​ ​prodded, slightly concerned for what would happen to my cousin if Jake got more impatient.

"Ok.​ ​As​ ​you​ ​know,​ ​Witches​ ​are​ ​powerful​ ​beings​ ​with​ ​powers​ ​far​ ​beyond​ ​what​ ​a healer​ ​possesses.​ ​Throughout​ ​time,​ ​Witches​ ​were​ ​often​ ​enemies​ ​with werewolves​ ​for​ ​obvious​ ​reasons.​ ​Werewolves​ ​posed​ ​a​ ​threat​ ​because​ ​of​ ​their inhuman​ ​strength,​ ​while​ ​witches​ ​possessed​ ​the​ ​abilities​ ​to​ ​potentially neutralize​ ​a​ ​werewolf​ ​using​ ​magic​ ​imbued​ ​staffs​ ​made​ ​of​ ​silver.​ ​In​ ​medieval times,​ ​with​ ​magic​ ​being​ ​rare,​ ​the​ ​myth​ ​about Werewolves​ ​being​ ​weak​ ​to​ ​silver began​ ​to​ ​crop​ ​up,​ ​prompting​ ​villagers​ ​to​ ​go​ ​to​ ​the​ ​witches​ ​to​ ​buy​ ​this "silver". Since​ ​the​ ​witches​ ​were​ ​making​ ​money​ ​off​ ​of​ ​this​ ​scam,​ ​some​ ​werewolves secretly​ ​began​ ​to​ ​orchestrate​ ​what​ ​is​ ​now​ ​known​ ​as​ ​the​ ​Salem​ ​Witch​ ​Trials. This​ ​posed​ ​a​ ​threat​ ​to​ ​most​ ​witches​ ​in​ ​that​ ​day,​ ​leading​ ​to​ ​most​ ​of​ ​them​ ​being wiped​ ​out."

"Get​ ​to​ ​the​ ​point,"​ ​Jake​ ​threatened.

"Ahem...​ ​Right."​ ​Nathan​ ​cleared​ ​his​ ​throat.

"Point​ ​is,"​ ​Nathan​ ​continued,​ ​"No​ ​one​ ​would​ ​have​ ​ever​ ​expected​ ​witches​ ​to​ ​get along​ ​with​ ​werewolves.​ ​​ ​August​ ​of​ ​1692,​ ​a​ ​Werewolf​ ​fell​ ​in​ ​love​ ​with​ ​a​ ​Witch. The​ ​Witch​ ​became​ ​pregnant​ ​with​ ​their​ ​child,​ ​thus​ ​marking​ ​the​ ​first​ ​record​ ​of-"

"A​ ​Wielder," Levi said, finishing his sentence.​ 

​Jake​ ​suddenly​ ​stiffened in response. 

"Yep.​ ​Two​ ​months​ ​later,​ ​she​ ​gave​ ​birth​ ​to​ ​a​ ​half-witch,​ ​half-werewolf​ ​hybrid.​ ​A very​ ​powerful​ ​being​ ​that​ ​defies​ ​nature​ ​itself.​ ​Even​ ​in​ ​this​ ​wolf's​ ​young​ ​age,​ ​he was​ ​able​ ​to​ ​master​ ​his​ ​unnatural​ ​talents.​ ​He​ ​not​ ​only​ ​was​ ​able​ ​to​ ​shift even ​earlier than​​ ​an​ ​alpha,​ ​but​ ​he​ ​was​ ​also​ ​able​ ​to​ ​wield​ ​magic​ ​as​ ​if​ ​he​ ​were​ ​a​ ​fully trained​ ​witch.​ ​You​ ​can​ ​see​ ​why​ ​this​ ​would​ ​be​ ​extremely​ ​dangerous."

"Yeah, no​ ​kidding,"​ ​Colt​ ​scoffed​.

"In​ ​October​ ​of​ ​1692,​ ​this​ ​Wielder​ ​attempted​ ​to​ ​use​ ​his​ ​magic​ ​on​ ​a​ ​girl​ ​who happened​ ​to​ ​be​ ​a​ ​witch​ ​in​ ​hiding.​ ​She​ ​was​ ​horrified​ ​at​ ​the​ ​monster​ ​that​ ​was created​ ​by​ ​the​ ​Witch/Werewolf​ ​offspring.​ ​So,​ ​she​ ​accused​ ​the​ ​wolf​ ​and​ ​he​ ​was shot​ ​with​ ​a​ ​silver​ ​imbued​ ​bullet,​ ​ultimately​ ​killing​ ​him.​ ​Unfortunately,​ ​as​ ​luck would​ ​have​ ​it,​ ​there​ ​was​ ​another​ ​Witch/Werewolf​ ​couple,​ ​John​ ​and​ ​Sarah Bradstreet​ ​respectively."

I​ ​turned​ ​my​ ​head​ ​slightly,​ ​"Wasn't​ ​that​ ​the​ ​one​ ​that​ ​they​ ​had​ ​a​ ​hard​ ​time
killing?"

"Yeah,​ ​a​ ​lot​ ​of​ ​the​ ​details​ ​have​ ​been​ ​lost​ ​to​ ​time,​ ​but​ ​because​ ​of​ ​Aaron,​ ​I​ ​know what​ ​happened."

"Because​ ​of​ ​Aaron?​ ​What​ ​are​ ​you​ ​talking​ ​about?"​ ​Jake​ ​questioned.

"There​ ​is​ ​a​ ​reason​ ​why​ ​every​ ​time​ ​a​ ​wielder​ ​is​ ​born,​ ​they​ ​become​ ​more
powerful​ ​and​ ​harder​ ​to​ ​kill.​ ​Normally,​ ​werewolves​ ​die​ ​and​ ​later​ ​on,​ ​the​ ​inner wolf​ ​is​ ​transferred​ ​into​ ​another​ ​werewolf​ ​upon​ ​their​ ​coming​ ​of​ ​age.​"

"Yeah, but we already knew that!" Jake slightly raised his voice. I shot him a look that made him slightly relax.

"​Well, yeah, but Wielders​ ​aren't​ ​like​ ​that, Jake," Levi said. 

"Correct," Nathan said, "​A​ ​Wielder​ ​is​ ​it's​ ​own​ ​unique​ ​entity.​ ​Every​ ​time​ ​a wielder​ ​dies,​ ​all​ ​of​ ​them​ ​collectively​ ​get​ ​transferred​ ​into​ ​the​ ​next​ ​Wielder, including​ ​the​ ​wolf​ ​that​ ​was​ ​already​ ​transferred​ ​when​ ​the​ ​Wielder​ ​is​ ​born."

"Wait,​ ​wait,​ ​wait."​ ​Jake​ ​waves​ ​his​ ​hands​ ​to​ ​stop​ ​Nathan,​ ​"You​ ​mean​ ​to​ ​tell​ ​me that​ ​if,​ ​say,​ ​50​ ​Wielders​ ​died​ ​in​ ​the​ ​past,​ ​all​ ​50​ ​of​ ​those​ ​Wielders​ ​goes​ ​into​ ​the next​ ​Wielder​ ​that​ ​is​ ​born?"

"Yeah.​ ​Not​ ​only​ ​does​ ​it​ ​make​ ​each​ ​successive​ ​Wielder​ ​more​ ​powerful​ ​than​ ​the last,​ ​that​ ​also​ ​means​ ​that​ ​Wielders​ ​are​ ​the​ ​only​ ​beings​ ​that​ ​can​ ​actually take someone's​ ​wolf," Nathan emphasized.

"This​ ​also​ ​makes​ ​sense​ ​as​ ​to​ ​why​ ​Wielders​ ​are​ ​born​ ​masters of​ ​magic​ ​and​ ​born​ ​with​ ​the​ ​ability​ ​to​ ​shift​ ​before​ ​they​ ​turn​ ​15​ ​like​ ​alphas​ ​or​ ​18 like​ ​any other werewolf," Levi said thoughtfully.

Now​ ​that​ ​is​ ​something​ ​that​ ​I​ ​didn't​ ​know.​ ​Does​ ​that​ ​mean​ ​that​ ​Aaron​ ​could​ ​have potentially​ ​taken​ ​Brooke's​ ​wolf?

I​ ​shudder​ ​when​ ​I​ ​think​ ​about​ ​what​ ​this​ ​could​ ​possibly​ ​mean​ ​for​ ​Selena.

"What? ​That​ ​psycho​ ​could​ ​be​ ​taking Selena's​ ​wolf​ ​right​ ​now!"

"Don't​ ​panic​ ​just​ ​yet,​ ​Jake..."​ ​I​ ​attempted​ ​to​ ​be​ ​the​ ​voice​ ​of​ ​reason.

"Oh, forget​ ​that.​ ​I​ ​don't​ ​know​ ​why​ ​you​ ​are​ ​so​ ​calm​ ​about​ ​this,​ ​Josh!​ ​If​ ​I​ ​were​ ​you,​ ​I would​ ​be​ ​livid​ ​if​ ​I​ ​knew​ ​that​ ​monster​ ​could​ ​steal​ ​Selena's​ ​wolf!"

Nathan​ ​shook​ ​his​ ​head,​ ​"But, he's​ ​right,​ ​Jake.​ ​It​ ​takes​ ​a​ ​long​ ​time​ ​for​ ​a​ ​Wielder​ ​to simply​ ​take​ ​someone's​ ​wolf.​ ​Plus,​ ​I'm​ ​sure​ ​there​ ​isn't​ ​a​ ​DIY​ ​tutorial​ ​video​ ​out there​ ​to​ ​teach​ ​wielders​ ​how​ ​to​ ​take​ ​a​ ​someone's​ ​wolf.​ ​Most​ ​of​ ​the​ ​time,​ ​it happens​ ​naturally​ ​when​ ​a​ ​Wielder​ ​dies​ ​and​ ​another​ ​Wielder​ ​is​ ​born."

"Well,​ ​now​ ​I​ ​guess​ ​we​ ​know​ ​why​ ​Werewolves​ ​found​ ​Wielders​ ​to​ ​be​ ​such​ ​a threat," Colt said.

"​Perhaps​ ​we​ ​didn't​ ​know​ ​it,​ ​but​ ​our​ ​inner​ ​wolves​ ​could​ ​tell​ ​that​ ​we needed​ ​to​ ​stop​ ​the​ ​Wielders.​ ​Which​ ​is​ ​why​ ​it​ ​was​ ​forbidden​ ​for​ ​a​ ​Witch​ ​and​ ​a Werewolf​ ​to​ ​be​ ​together,"​ Levi added.

​Jake​ ​ran​ ​his​ ​fingers​ ​through​ ​his​ ​hair.

"So,​ ​how​ ​do​ ​we​ ​defeat​ ​him,​ ​Nathan?"​ ​I​ ​tried​ ​to​ ​refocus​ ​us​ ​on​ ​the​ ​task​ ​at​ hand.

"The​ ​only​ ​way​ ​we​ ​can,"  Nathan breathed.

Both​ ​Jake​ ​and​ ​I​ ​looked​ ​at​ ​each​ ​other​ ​before​ ​looking​ ​back​ ​to​ ​Nathan. 

"Set​ ​the​ ​wolves​ ​free​ ​from​ ​Aaron."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

413K 11.6K 42
Madison Walcott: She's a twenty two year old werewolf with a dark past she'd rather forget. Trying to move on with her life and make the most of it...
62K 1.6K 41
(Not edited ) Every heartless sole wants her for power revenge or simply love.Kate is a young white werewolf a powerful one she is the Alphas daughte...
25.6K 1K 11
Jackson Rhodes is on the run from his home pack. His Goddess-given mate assaulted him and then rejected him. He has nowhere to go. Until he comes upo...
558 29 3
THIS IS AN EXCERPT. Find the full, edited version of Fighting Fate on Galatea. This novel is the first in the Fated series. The second novel is Vici...