MY PRETEND WIFE

By tita-faye

Richard was a self confessed playboy while Maine was your regular girl. In spite of their differences they ha... More

The Ultimatum
Dilemma
Daydreams
The Proposal
Decisions
Revelations
Yes
Meet the Parents
The Mother in Law
A Mother's Mischief
If The Shoe Fits
Kiss
Mixed Feelings
Sealed
The Wedding Night
Tuscan Honeymoon
Belle Coppie
Anima Gemella
Married Life
Confession
Mother-Daughter Conspiracy
The Separation
Before Goodbye
Sleepless Night
Date in the Park
A Misunderstanding
Epiphany
Reunited
No More Barriers
Hearty Breakfast
A Promise
Consummation of Love

EPILOGUE: Ever After

20.2K 874 101
By tita-faye

Richard had a loving smile on his face as he gazed at the three year old girl from across the hall of the museum. Wearing a yellow sundress with a spatter of white daffodils around the skirt, the little girl looked like a small doll. She was gazing intently at an old photograph that was displayed in one corner. It would be odd to have a three year old girl so interested at a two hundred year old photo but then again she was not an ordinary girl.

She finally looked away from the display as if sensing that somebody was watching her. As soon as she had spotted Richard, a smile lit up her beautiful face and she started to run towards him.

"Daddy!" She exclaimed with happiness as she threw herself into Richard's arms.

Richard gathered the little girl into his arms and hoisted her up into the air eliciting a series a giggles from her.

"How was your day little princess?" Richard asked his daughter as he gave her a big hug. He's missed her cheerful demeanor the entire day. He gazed at her gentle porcelain face that looked so much like her mother's.

Maine found out that she was pregnant a month after they returned from New York. Richard could not forget the joy and anticipation that he felt upon hearing that news. He was going to be a father. It had felt so surreal. It was a mixture of happiness and fear that he could not describe. He had been excited with the prospect of having a child but he also could not take out the fear and doubt that he would end up being like his father. Maine had taken him into her arms and calmed his fears as she assured him that he was nothing like his father.

Looking at his daughter right now, he could not take out that certain feeling of pride within him. She was growing up to be beautiful and smart and at an early age was already showing signs of possessing the talent of taking beautiful photographs. She has already taken a liking in playing with her dad's old camera and Richard and Maine have to admit that her photos were a hundred times better than her mother's. There were times wherein she would request to her father if she could join him when he was working in his studio and he would usually sit her on his lap and show her his finished products. Richard enjoyed very much their father and daughter bondings and is looking forward to actually teach her the art of photography in the years to come.

"It was great daddy!" Charmaine exclaimed excitedly. "Mom brought me to her class today and I played with her students!"

"Where's your mom?" He asked his daughter curiously as she settled herself in Richard's arms. Charm turned her body slightly and pointed her tiny fingers towards the direction of the huge doorway. True enough Maine was walking towards them from that direction.

Richard looked tenderly at his wife. He had to admit that the past years had made her more beautiful. She has blossomed into a bold and confident woman and he admired her for being able to juggle her duties as a teacher and her responsibilities as his wife. She had mastered their business quite well and would sometimes help him out with some of the duties in the company.

Maine let out a smile as she saw her daughter and husband waiting for her at the end of the hallway. Seeing both of them together has never failed to make her smile. She reached out to give each of them a peck on the cheek as soon as she reached them.

"Are you done for the day honey?" She asked her husband.

"Yes, I just finished giving last minute instructions to my assistant and informed him that if there were any problems they could contact mom about it" Richard responded with a smile.

They were leaving for Maldives that day as a celebration of their fourth wedding anniversary. It had been a long time since their last vacation. Things had been busy these past years with Richard settling himself as the company's head and with Maine having her hands full with a baby to take care of. They have finally decided that Charmaine was big enough and that she could be left behind with her grandmother while they were away.

"I think we better leave soon. Mom's already expecting us and she wouldn't be happy if we're late. You know how much she adores our little princess right here" he added as they started walking to the direction of the exit.

"Do you think it's really okay to leave Charm with mom?" Maine asked in concern. They've already discussed this although this did not prevent her from having some misgivings about it. She was still quite wary of leaving their baby girl.

"Charmaine's a big girl already and I'm sure that she will not give her granny a headache. Right baby?" He asked his daughter as he gave her a quick peck on her chubby cheeks.

"Right daddy!" Charm replied. She loves speaking in exclamation. "Charm would be very good and Charm can't wait to stay with granny!"

Maine could not help but smile at her daughter's enthusiasm. "I'm sure mom is going to spoil her like crazy" she said worriedly.

"I don't think we can prevent that honey. She's the only grandchild in both sides of the family. I guess she wouldn't get that spoiled if she had a brother or a sister to share the attention with" he said as he waggled his eyebrows at Maine causing her to slap him on the shoulders.

"Oh! Charm would like a brother or a sister!" She exclaimed happily as she bounced excitedly on her father's arms.

"I think we better start considering that honey given that your parents requested for five grandchildren" Richard teased his wife.

"Hey Faulkerson, we're stopping at three whether you like it or not" Maine replied.

Madame Faulkerson was already waiting at the front door when they arrived at her house twenty minutes later.

"Princess! Come to granny!" Madame Faulkerson exclaimed with a huge smile on her face as she opened her arms to welcome the little girl. Charm ran excitedly towards her grandmother as the older lady lifted her into her arms. After showering her grand daughter with kisses, she looked at Richard and Maine with a smile.

"What time is your flight?" She asked.

"Our plane will be leaving in three hours so I guess we have to be heading out now" Richard replied as he headed over to his mother to give her a kiss on the cheek. Maine followed suit.

"That's good" she said approvingly. "You both need this trip. You've been burying yourself with work these past years. How do we expect to have a brother or a sister for Charmaine if you're both always busy?" She reprimanded them gently. Richard gave a small smile while Maine could not help but blush after hearing her mother in law's comment.

"Don't worry about us" she assured them. "Charm and I would be just fine"

Richard checked his watch. "I think we have to go now mom" he said.

"Go ahead, you kids have fun. You'll love it there Maine" Madame Faulkerson said with a smile. It was Maine's first time to visit Maldives and she's sure that her daughter in law would enjoy it very much given that she's a beach baby.

Maine walked over to her mother in law to take Charm in her arms. Her daughter went to her willingly.

"Take care of yourself sweetheart. Listen to your granny okay?" Maine reminded her daughter as she gave her a big kiss and a hug. "Mom and dad will be back before you know it" he assured her.

Charmaine nodded her little head and gave her mother a hug and a kiss.

"Charm will be a good girl mommy. I promise."

After bidding goodbye, Richard and Maine headed outside the door towards their car. It was a thirty minute ride to the airport and they had to leave soon if they wanted to make it to their flight on time.

Richard held his wife's hand as they were walking down the steps. He had to admit that he couldn't wait to have her all to himself. Don't get him wrong, he loves their little princess with all his heart but then again he also missed spending quality time with his wife. They had planned this trip for a long time and he couldn't wait to spend the next two weeks wooing and romancing his wife again.

Richard halted as soon as they reached the bottom of the steps earning him a puzzled look from Maine. He smirked at his wife as he dropped her hand and wound his arms around her waist instead, pulling her close to him. Maine snaked her arms around his neck as he pulled her in for a searing kiss. They pulled apart a few minutes later both of them were breathing heavily. Maine caught the naughty glint in his eyes and her heart thudded in anticipation of what was to come.

"I can't wait to finally get you alone" he leaned over and whispered seductively on her ears. Maine could not help but blush upon hearing her husband's suggestive comment. Richard was pleased to know that he could still make her blush after all these years together.

Maine whacked Richard on the shoulders.

"You're insatiable Mr. Faulkerson!" Maine exclaimed.

Richard couldn't help but chuckle at his wife. Wasn't she used to him by now? He reached out and caressed her cheeks softly with his fingers. He couldn't believe that he was so lucky to have her in his life.

"Only with you honey, only with you"

Note:

And that's where it all ends... Again thanks for all the support...

'Til the next... 😚😚😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 794 11
The love story that captured the hearts of many.
128K 5.4K 17
Two hearts brought together by fate. Two hearts that fell deeply in love. Two hearts now tied together. Two hearts that will forever beat as one.
454K 28.6K 52
Nicolette and Nicomaine Mendoza are identical twin sisters who fall in love with the same guy, Richard Faulkerson Jr. By twist of fate, it is Nicole...
759K 49.4K 95
How does one move on from losing a loved one to loving the One? Even if the One was the reason why you lost your loved one. Such is the dilemma of Ni...