Chasing Lost Love (Sequel to...

By Bts-trash40

In a world of amnesia you forget certain people, events, and even yourself. A part of you dies. That's exactl... More

Chapter 1: I Miss you
Chapter 2: Loneliness
Chapter 3: I'm in Love
Chapter 4: Confused
Chapter 5: Abandoned
Chapter 6: Moving
Chapter 7: So it Begins
Chapter 8: How it All Started
Chapter 9: Battle within
Chapter 10: Can I Trust You
Chapter 11: Renewing
Chapter 12: A Day Out
Chapter 13: Reaching
Chapter 15: Run
Chapter 16: Coming For You
Chapter 17: On a Hunt
Chapter 18: Sleepless Nights
Chapter 19: A True Battle
Chapter 20: The Final Chapter

Chapter 14: Lessons

21 1 10
By Bts-trash40

A/N: Here's another semi-edited chapter, so please excuse any grammatical errors. As always, happy reading lovelies 😁😁

Marissa's Pov

I open the front door to reveal a smirking Taehyung with a nervous Jungkook. Jungkook was blushing like crazy, which makes me wonder as to what happened on their way here. They entered the house, none of us speaking, is waiting for the others to arrive as well.

"You look like you're getting a little better," Taehyung observes. Jungkook slaps him in the back of the head, looking to me apologetically. I chuckle lightly at his comment, looking at Jungkook.

"It's okay Kookie, he's only making a truthful observation. To confirm your accusation, yes, I am getting better thanks to Jin and Henry," I state, looking between the two males.

They nod their heads in understanding, sitting on the loveseat together as I go into the kitchen to bring out some refreshments. My heart drums in my chest because I'm going to have to tell them of the threat I had received. I hate to bring up their old friends and what's going on, it's a touchy subject for everyone.

Namjoon has been over more frequently, eyeing me carefully each time. Something tells me he's up to something, but I know if I leave this house I would be in even more danger. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm a little more safe being here with Yoongi than I would be on my own. I just have to suck it up and deal with him, even if I dislike the idea of being in the same house as him.

With drinks in my hand, I saunter back into the living, smiling slightly to myself when I see Jungkook curled into Taehyung's side with Taehyung stroking Jungkook's hair. The way he looked at Jungkook was something out of a romance movie. You could see the love, the adoration he had for the younger male in his eyes. They truly were always meant to be, and I enjoyed watching the two of them interact so lovingly with one another.

Trying to keep quiet, I placed the drinks on cup holders on top of the coffee table that's sat in the middle of the furniture. They both jump up when they finally notice my presence.

"You almost gave me a heart attack," Jungkook pouts, making me look to him in amusement.

"Maybe if you weren't so snugged up into his side you would've noticed me," I tease as I stick my tongue out at him. Jungkook reciprocated the action, Taehyung looking between the both of us while shaking his head.

"Sometimes I really wonder how old you two are," Taehyung sighs out.

"She's the childish one," Jungkook whines. I laugh hysterically at them, them breaking out in laughter as well.

I wipe the tears out of my eyes from laughing so hard while clutching at my sides. They both start to straighten up as well once the laughter dies down, all of us having bright smiles on our faces.

I walk back into the kitchen to bring out some crackers and a variety of different cheeses, chips and different types of dips, and cookies. I chuckle to myself at the cookies, I'm going to have to tease him about that.

Carrying some of the items slowly, I finally have everything laid out on the table. The two males look at me with raised eyebrows as I sit in the armchair, heaving a sigh of contentment while laying my head back with my eyes closed.

"You're a bit excessive, don't you think," Taehyung asks after he looks at all of the snacks displayed before him.

"We have other guests coming," I say without opening my eyes to look at them.

"Who else is coming over," Jungkook chimes in. I lift up my head looking to the boys.

"Well, we have Henry and Jin, you two, Yoongi, Jackson and Jaebum, and Jimin. I think that's a lot of people in my opinion. Plus, my two kids once their grandmother drops them back home." They look to me, shaking their heads.

I pout at them, but as I was about to say something, the doorbell rings. I get up reluctantly, opening the door to see who it was that was disturbing my somewhat of a tranquility state. Standing there was a smiling Jackson and a very disturbed Jaebum.

Even after all this time, he's still nervous to be around me. Does he not know me by now? As long as you try to fix your mistakes, I forgive you. He has proven himself, so he needs to stop being nervous around me.

When they both walk in, I gently grab onto Jaebum's wrist, having him look down then back to me as he furrows his brows in confusion. I just smile at him sweetly, dragging him with me into the kitchen. Jackson looks to me in confusion, but I give give him a nod of reassurance to let him know that everything is okay.

"Is everything okay," Jaebum asks when I stopped dragging him with me. I turn to face him, still smiling brightly at him.

"When are you going to stop being so nervous around me," I question him. He looks at me, shock written all over his face as he shuffles his feet nervously. He purses his lips in a straight line, seeming to be lost in thought before answering my question.

"What do you mean?"

"Jae, I can see the nervousness written all over your face, I just want to know when you're going to knock it off."

"How could I? After all-," I put my hand up to cut him off then and there. I already knew what he was going to say. He doesn't need to say it, there's no reason for him to be this nervous around me, not after I had accepted him.

"That was in the past Jae. It's been a while since it happened, so don't blame yourself any longer. Was what you did wrong? Yes, it was very wrong, but you've been behaving really well. Do I forgive you for what you have done? Wholeheartedly, so please, don't linger on the past any more than necessary." My voice was soft as I stared into his eyes.

I can see his body relaxing a little, but he still held his nervousness. I guess it's not going to go away in such a short time, but I hope that one day he'll be able to be around me as himself, and not as a man stuck on his past decisions.

"It won't be that easy for me to forgive myself, even if you do forgive me," He finally speaks after a long silence fell between us.

"That's understandable. The hardest people to forgive is ourselves, even if there are people who have forgiven us for our past mistakes. I just hope that one day, you're able to become one with your past and accept it for what it was so you could move on to the future. There are people who care about you, so don't be stuck for too long." I place my hand on his shoulder as I squeeze it comfortingly, going back into the living room to see that Jin, Henry, and Yoongi have decided to join us.

I sit back down into the armchair, Jaebum joining us to join Jackson on the floor as Yoongi sits next to Jin and Henry. I just look between everyone as they chat with one another without a care in the world. I sigh to myself, my heart being the own sound I can hear as it pounds ferociously in my chest. I can see everyone's lips moving, but their voices sound so distant.

All of their smiles will soon fade away and become frowns.  What's now happiness will become worry. I don't know if I'm ready to do that to them. They've worried enough, but they're my friends and they deserve to know.

I can't tell them until our last guest arrives though. As if right on cue, the doorbell rings yet again. This time, Yoongi gets up to answer it. I get up to stop him, but he's already at the door.

Worriedly I follow after him, and it's a good thing I did. When Yoongi answers the door, the two boys become frozen. One was looking at the floor as the other was holding onto the door to keep himself steady.

My heart broke at the sight because these two have been friends for the longest time, but then they had to mess around. One played with the other's emotions, but the other knew that Yoongi didn't hold those types of feelings for him.

I look back and forth between them, not one daring to move. The tension in the air was a suffocating one. Deciding to break the awkwardness, I grab Jimin's arm to pull him in.

He hesitantly follows me into the living room, not saying a word to me at all. I hate to see him in this state, but there's not much I can do because I'm just as heartbroken as he is.

He sits on the floor cross legged as he stares off into space. Everyone in the room have quieted down, turning their attention to the pink haired male sitting on the floor.

I sit back down as I look to everyone. It's now or never. I have to tell them.

"Everyone," I call out. They all look to me as I look to Yoongi. "I have something to tell you all," I continue on.

They all share glances with one another then look back to me. The only ones who know what all of this is about are Jin, Henry, and of course Yoongi. This is all nerve wracking. I can't do this, my mind is in too much of a disarray.

A firm grip on my hand calms my beating heart and my million thoughts. This all too familiar touch makes me warm up inside. I look over to Yoongi to see a blush creeping up on his cheeks.

I shake the thought out of my head, taking a deep breath before telling them what I have to. "It's about Jonghyun. He's after me, and now he's on the move. He has his men at every airport and dock. There's no way I can escape the country at this point." Everyone stares at me, their faces dropping into frowns.

I can't stand to see them look at me that way. This is why I didn't want to tell them.

"This is some sick joke, right," Jackson is the first to speak up. I look to him, shaking my head.

"You're not being serious right now! You can't be serious! What would the most dangerous man in the country want with you," Jungkook yelled. Taehyung had his arm wrapped around his shaking husband. There were tears in his eyes that were threatening to fall.

"He's, he's Yoongi's long time enemy who's after me because of," I couldn't continue. My own tears were falling. It felt like I was being choked.

"It's because of Jimin's mom and Minho," Yoongi finishes for me.

A glass slamming against the wall startles me. I look up to see Jimin heaving heavily. He looks at me, his expression hard to read.

"I'll end this," He grits out. What does he mean? I plead him with my eyes to explain it all. "Don't worry, I'll put that wench right where she belongs. She was never really a mother anyway."

Jimin was beginning to scare me. I didn't want him to act recklessly. We all need to come up with a plan together. One that is fail proof and can keep us all alive. We're all a team.

"Calm down Jimin," Jin whispers. Jimin peers at him, getting up to clean the glass he just threw.

None of us speak after that. The silence falls upon us as if someone had just died. It was gripping my throat, causing my breathing to become ragged.

I feel a pair of arms pull me onto their lap. I don't know who it was, my vision was slightly blurred. I think I was having a panic attack. I'm not sure what's going.

The person was rubbing my back as they rocked me back and forth. They cradled me in their arms tightly. It gave me a sense of security. My breathing started to calm down.

My vision was clearing and I looked up to see that it was Yoongi who held me in his arms. He looked at me as I looked at him.

"Are you better now," His raspy voice spoke into the deafening silence.

"Y-yea," I stuttered. Being in his arms felt like home. I missed them.

"Good, you had me worried. Have you been taking your medicine?" I widened my eyes.

How did he know about my anxiety medication? I didn't tell anyone about them, except for Henry.

"H-how did you kn-know?"

"I found them in the medicine cabinet. I didn't mean to pry through them, and I wasn't planning on telling you that I had known about them, but I think this situation calls for me to ask you." His voice was calm and stern. It sent chills down my spine.

I look to the floor, not willing to answer him. If I'm being truthful, no I haven't taken them since Jin had helped me out of my slump. I've been doing fine without them, or so I thought.

"Your silence gives me my answer. Marissa, I need you to take them until the doctor says you don't have to take them anymore. Promise me that." His voice held so much concern to it. It made me happy to finally hear it again.

I just nod my head in agreement, me falling asleep in his arms as he continues to cradle me. I fall asleep with a small smile on my lips and a pair of lips firmly pressed on my forehead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510 38 35
Cassandra Shaw has been stupidly in love with Yoongi for the past five years. Even if he doesn't know she exists, he is all she can focus on most of...
16.3K 511 31
Amber lost everything. First she lost her home when she was forced to move. Then she lost her family in an accident. And after that she lost her frie...
1.2M 41.4K 61
When Y/n leaves her fiance, Min Yoongi, she doesn't realize it will drive him to a dangerous obsession or just how far he'll go to get her back. Can...
452 23 5
When a long term relationship with who he thought was his soulmate ends, Yoongi falls into a deep depression. Even his best friend and roommate, Jimi...