withering leaves ❁ yoonmin

By apex1887

► jimin didn't understand it. why was he coughing up petals if he hadn't fallen in love with his soulmate yet... More

II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
thank you !!
bonus : 1
bonus : 2

I

9K 282 67
By apex1887

Please do not read if you are sensitive to death/near-death, abuse, neglect, panic attacks, and cursing. I'm warning you, this story can get pretty heavy.

First published: September 2017

Edited: January 2023

Starting up...
.
.
.
.
.
.

Welcome to ChromeCompany Computers!
Please log in to your account!

Username: bhent.user95j.p
Password: •••••••••••••

Thank you...

Logging in...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Open browser?
yes | no
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Search!

type here

Ency|

Encyclopedi|

Encyclopedia.org|

Search?
yes | no
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Welcome to Encyclopedia.org!
What would you like to search?

type here

hana|

hanahaki sy|

hanahaki syndrome|

search?
yes | no
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hanahaki Syndrome
by Doctor Choi Hyeonjoo,
One of the top rated and most decorated Hanahaki Specialists in South-East Asia. Also a professor of Hanahaki (the symptoms, treatments, and history) at Seoul National University. Has won the Nobel Peace Prize twice for her research.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also check out...
Top Rated Hanahaki Specialists, Hanahaki Stories, Soulmates, Flower Meanings, Hanahaki Toxin, Symptoms of Hanahaki Syndrome, Hanahaki Survivor, see more here!

- - - - - - - - - -

Click the underlined text to be directed to other articles or images!

Hanahaki Syndrome is the earliest known disease to man. Drawings of men and women with petals pouring out of their mouths and noses having been found on the walls of caves that date back to thousands of years B.C.

Despite the number of movies based on this topic, the truth behind this disease is still largely unknown. Hanahaki Syndrome is caused by unrequited love from your true soulmate.  There is no known cure, other than receiving non-platonic, unforced love from your soulmate.

If love is not returned, the subject begins to grow flower petals in the esophagus and lungs. Death can come early (2-3 weeks) by choking on the petals, or as late as 4-6 months. During this time, your brain and organs are receiving an insufficient amount of oxygen, which causes the body to slowly shut down. The petals, when swallowed, also slowly release a toxin which the body becomes immune to after their brain begins to release the endorphins for love.

Surgically removing the petals has proven fatal for all who have attempted. The roots grow into the lungs's capillaries and alveoli and are considered impossible to completely remove. It is now illegal in most countries to attempt to remove the infection.

- - - - - - - - - -

Viewing definition of capillaries: fine branching blood vessels

Viewing definition of alveoli: miniscule air sacs of the lungs which allow for rapid gaseous exchange

- - - - - - - - - -

The flowers coughed up are most commonly cherry blossoms, but rose petals and lily petals have also been quite common. It is believed that the flower petal depends on the soulmate's relationship with each other. Cherry blossoms for a short and fleeting meeting or romance, rose for a long friendship that couldn't become romantic, and lilies symbolize innocence; perhaps a relationship in which one soulmate was not yet ready to love.

Cases of Hanahaki are extremely rare, as soulmates are supposed to be a perfect match. However, most cases have stemmed from one partner being unable to fall in love due to past experiences, or just not wanting to fall in love. You may know your soulmate before you find out you're paired together. You only find out when the youngest of the two turns 18 years of age. So if a 16-year-old meets a 19-year-old who is their soulmate, they will not find out they are paired until two years have passed.

Constant contact with the soulmate of the diseased can prolong the lifespan by weeks, sometimes by months. Completely severing contact and putting distance between the soulmates can lead to near-immediate death (sometimes just 12 hours after the last contact). However, even constant contact with the soulmate cannot keep the diseased alive forever, unless feelings of love are returned.

Only about 4% of all the affected have ever survived, all because their soulmate learned to love them. Once again, the case itself is incredibly rare, and to be a survivor is practically unheard of.

In East-Asia, there have been only 95 known cases in the past 100 years (about one new case every year). Only one survived.

Open article in new page?
yes | no
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Survivor of Hanahaki Syndrome
by Valentine Kim,
South Korean and American Journalist, Korean Drama and Idol Critic. Also a popular author among the young adults with her award-winning novel, titled "Hanahaki: The Idol's Soulmate".

----------

Hanahaki Syndrome was once labeled as a fatal disease. No one has ever survived once they caught Hanahaki. However, one survivor in Seoul has just proven this wrong. This inspiring young man was on the brink of death when he found his soulmate. And you may know him, too!

This incredibly lucky man's name is

[•••]

click to read more

Save article?
yes | no
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

All About Soulmates
By Jenni Cha, South Korean Couple Therapist and Soulmate Specialist

Soulmates are pairs destined to be together. They are believed to be a perfect match, set up by the gods themselves, and were the closest anyone could get to the opposite of them.

This is the true case of "opposites attract" in which your soulmate literally has a personality as far away from yours as you can get. You balance one another out but perfectly fit together. Like a puzzle piece or Yin/Yang. They are often referred to as "halfs", as they are literally half of one person/soul.

Soulmates with unreciprocated feelings can develop a fatal disease called Hanahaki, in which flowers collect in the throats and lungs and essentially choke the victim to death, or release a toxin that slowly shuts down the body's organs.

You will not find your soulmate until the second the youngest one turns 18 years of age. There are many cases in which a soulmate pair have known each other for years, but did not know until the youngest's birthday. It is also usually the younger half who feels the sensation first, and the older half doesn't feel anything until the younger makes contact with them again (by kissing).

Soulmates have described this feeling as a "buzzing, tickling sensation running over your skin", while some have said it "feels like the breath is getting pulled out of your lungs and you can feel your heart beating two times faster". We believe that, as every couple is different, so are their reactions and processes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Close browser?
yes | no

Closing browser...

Logging off...

. . .

. .

.

Welcome to ChromeCompany Computers!
Please log in to your account!

Shut down?
yes | no

Shutting down...

Shutting down...

Shutting down...

Sleep mode activated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 19.2K 22
Yoongi is living a normal life, and he could say that he's already contented with everything. That is until a leprechaun dude with some weird ass mag...
71.8K 6K 60
"You have broken me" I said quietly, staring at the floor as my hands wrapped around my knees as I bought them to my chest. I heard the sigh escape h...
475 56 29
"It's Hanahaki," the doctor said. ~~~ After being abandoned by her ex lover Jungkook, Y/n has not been able to move on. With nothing left but sheer h...
691K 32.6K 20
❝I don't want him to be my soulmate!❞ You whine, disgust written all over your face. ❝Every night he sleeps with a different girl and I have to see i...