Fallen for an Angel

By TheWitchAndTheCat

"I have no family. I have no past. I have no friends. I have no surname. What is love? I do not know, because... More

Fallen for an angel (MxM)
Prologue
CH. 1 Blood and snow
CH. 2 A normal life
CH. 3 Those crossing paths
CH. 4 Two lives, two worlds
CH. 5 The dices have been thrown
CH. 6 A pure heart, a tainted soul
CH. 7 Forgive and forget
CH. 8 That's who I am
CH. 9 Words only for me
CH. 10 Time for duty
CH. 11 No more turning back
CH. 12 Inked past, inked life
CH. 13 Nothing is black or white
CH. 14 Deceiving sweet quiet
CH. 15 Instinct never lies
CH. 16 Promises
CH. 17 Hunting the stars
CH. 18 And so the game begins
CH. 19 Behind the mask
CH. 20 Red as fear, white as love
CH 22: Lurking in the darkness
CH. 23 Stars hunting for their Angel
CH. 24 The shadows in our souls connect our hearts
CH. 25 Slowly tying loose threads
CH. 26 The poison of a red queen
CH. 27: The nightmare of an angel
CH. 28: I am Roman with the Stars
CH. 29: Gambling with the Stars
CH.30: A choice of duty and love
CH.31: A life with my angel
Epilogue

CH 21: Enemies at the gate

12.1K 556 104
By TheWitchAndTheCat

Dear All,

I am sorry because I said I would post a new chapter of Fallen for an Angel on Monday, but somehow my Wattpad page didn't work.

However, as promised here is the new chapter...after very long time indeed.

Thank you very much for the comments and reaction on my new chapters of "Loving you is Forbidden", as always I totally love reading your comments and messages.

Let me know what you think of this chapter, I'll be looking forward to reading your feedbacks ^^

I posted a picture of Eamon O'Kelley (--> an actor I hightly esteem: Liam Neeson) and a song that due to the pace it seemed fitting the chapter nicely.

This one is dedicated to all of my fans/readers particularly loving Enna and Roman love-story :) Thank you for always supporting me.

And now, enjoy it!

-TheWitchAndTheCat-

ROMAN POV

More snow silently fell down from the sky and touched my skin, confused with the blood on the ground.

"You are dead, Roman with the stars." He hissed too boldly as he almost chocked for oxygen, his hand moved to the right and took hold of my gun, pointing it at me.

"You are dead." I said and two sounds followed my words.

The quietened explosion of a bullet and the faint snapping and cracking of bones.

...

The corner of my lips twitched a moment as the shot hit my shoulder, missing the bone as I slightly shifted when I saw the barrel ready to fire, and then my hands let go of the lifeless and limp head of the man that bent to the side as the broken neck of a puppet.

I pushed the corpse aside and surveyed my wound, seeing that blood was spilling even though not at a life-threatening amount. It still had to be treated and get stitches and it was good the bullet exited my flesh hitting the trunk right behind me. I grunted not in pain but in annoyance because when I stood up the loss of blood was evident on my side; however I had to dispose of his dead body and of the bullet in the trunk and disposing of the corpse meant that nothing and nobody would have been able to find it. I valued several options and opted for dismembering and burning. However, first I cut a piece of fabric from my undershirt and wrapped it around my shoulder, to limit the loss of blood; then I proceed with meticulous calm and watched over the fire that flame after flame devoured the remaining of this little rat that played with the wrong predator.

A dark and vicious smile rose on my lips as the flames and embers burned deeper in front of me, consuming everything of it. It was good this place was so deserted and isolated, no houses or farms around. Nobody would notice the fire lit inside the ruins of that old building.

I waited until it was extinguished and it took its sweet and long time; what was left I buried deep in the ground in scattered places, along with his weapons. I changed the wrap around my shoulder because blood was dripping from it and I knew something had to be done in a matter of a very short time, because the loss was starting to have its effects on me.

I weighted whether it was advisable to drive and if I had the full concentration to do it without risking some car accident, but it was clear that it was my only option and there was one place only that I could visit in these conditions. I cracked my neck and took a deep breath, forcing concentration and focus to reach their highest. I couldn't afford losing grip on them right now.

One efficient survey of the surrounding to cancel or mask at its best possible evidences of what had happened before.

The dead rat's car had been left on the side of the road and I decided to use the phone found in some hidden inside pocket – once more my pride stirred in dangerous annoyance thinking that they truly believed such hi-man could take me down, could deal with Roman with the stars. He carried his phone while trying to hunt me down; utterly unbelievable, but very precious finding for me. I gave an anonymous call to the police that an abandoned car had been spot on the street; when I returned to it I moved it in a different place, far from there and walked back to my own car.

I hoped he would not mind me knocking on his door in this way, but I knew he lived alone.

As I walked back to my car, snow quietly fell from the grey and cold sky, slowly caressing my skin; my steps halted a moment and my eyes gazed at that heavy sky, with my thoughts running to my angel. I had promised to meet him on Tuesday, but things had taken another turn and there was no saying when it would be prudent to be back in Dublin. Prudent and safe for him, even though he already was in a potentially dangerous position if that man, Cillian Flannery had got tangled in a deeper and rather stupid way. I could not shake this feeling away from me, still debating what to do with that piece of information.

Enna had to be warned, but how without raising suspicion and putting my angel in a difficult and risky position?

I felt somehow tired and my eyes still stared at the snow, seeing his face in front of me and almost feeling his hands on my cold skin. His voice almost caressed my ears, murmuring some sweet words and giving me the final push to completely hone my focus.

It was already very dark and I kept on secondary roads, leaving the car far from his house. My eyes quickly inspected the surrounding, taking in all the small details that they could catch in this dark hour. I had studied the way to this place from a map found in that hit-man's car, having stole the information about its whereabouts when I checked on my angel's family and friends. I let go of a silent sigh. It was a miracle that such ethereal creature was willing to love and mend such a wrecked man like I was, and to take all of what I asked him for. Enna had to know I was alive and breathing and craving for his touch.

Before knocking on the secondary door that gave access to the garden turned into a vegetable garden and orchard, I had peered into a window to assess whether he had company or not, but he seemed alone. Good. Yes, very good indeed.

I knocked on the door and hid in the shadow given by the flowerless wisteria hanging around it; it took little for the door to open and I simply said one word and of course he understood me immediately.

"Eamon," I quietly said with firm voice and I could see he straightened up and shot his eyes on me, searching in the darkness around me.

It took him a few seconds only to grasp the situation and looking around, without saying a word, he motioned me to let myself in the house. He closed the door behind me and immediately studied my face.

"You look pale and clearly exhausted. I took from the stain I can see under your jacket that you lost a considerable amount of blood," he said with apparently calm face, but it was clear that much more was thundering inside his mind. And he had all the right to, as he had all the right to kick me out if he wished to. This was man was not worried for my sake, but worried for his son, because in front of his eyes stood the crude reality of what I was.

"I had an exchange with someone and I got shot," I explained in a matter of fact tone. "I am not a man to ask for help, but I cannot go to a hospital. I am sorry to come here, but you are the only safe and logical option." He shook his head at my words and then my eyes darkened a moment, feeling my head light.

"Follow me," he said, knowing I would not accept help in being carried wherever he had in mind to. Which was a bathroom turned into laundry. "Sit there and wait a moment." He stopped at the door and stared at me with hard eyes. "I do not even want to know how you found this house and I don't want to know what happened before. I will help you because of Enna. Just one question: is he...?"

"The man I dealt with is dead and impossible to be found. Nothing will lead to you, do not worry. My angel is safe in Dublin and I will not be around him until I decide it is good for him." He nodded and went to leave, but I stopped him.

Eamon had to know, because he was a man that would not utter a word unnecessarily and of course, he would never put Enna in danger by acting impulsively. Yes, he had to know and see what was best for his son.

"I let Enna out of this as I did promise you. But someone close to my angel was there on Sunday," I said with calculated and cold voice, because the memory had been enough to trigger my sense of protection for my love.

Eamon swallowed down and his face grew tense and pale, staring at me without daring to say a word. He thought about it for over a minute and then he shook his head because realization probably hit him, knowing not many people gravitated around his son and clearly he could not be that piece of shit I had decided to deal with before leaving for Ukraine, promise or not promise made to my angel. My Enna will have to forgive this one, too. I will beg him to forgive me if he could, because for my angel and soul I would gladly be on my knees bowing my head in front of him, begging for his forgiveness.

That piece of shit could only be dealt with in one way and this time there was no promise that would hold me back; since I left him in Dublin, a feeling of uneasiness kept me company and deepened in my bones. I could feel that my angel was not safe, even though I had no logical or real explanation for that. I only knew that a filthy piece of shit like that man would not withdraw by a mere order from the police; his eyes spoke enough that night. He was insanely obsessed with Enna and my having injured him in front of his object of obsession probably worsened it. I should have listened to my instinct that night and kill him with my own hands. For now, in this shitty situation, the only option was to hope for my soul to be safe and tell his father to keep an eye on him.

And then...shit. There was that other complicated issue that for now I had no idea how to handle. Enna had to stay out of it, this was out of discussion.

"You mean..." my eyes darkened even more and I braced my arm on the nearest object, the sink. He caught it and quickly gave me instructions, "just lie down and do not move. We will talk later when you will feel better."

"Thank you," I simply said.

"I will look for some sedative injection I should still have around and then I can stitch that wound of yours."

"I do not need that. I almost do not feel pain." He eyes imperceptibly widened at that and then left the room.

I knew a man like him would be able to attend such wound, even if the stitches were rather crude, but I did not care; I was grateful he decided to help someone like me without asking questions.

"I suggest you take these pills." I nodded and chucked the pills down my throat. "You can use these clothes and I am sure you want to dispose of yours, correct?" I nodded once more and he shook his head, muttering to himself that he could not understand how his son could have fallen in love with someone like me. A tired smile tugged on my lips and then my eyes felt like closing, because I needed to rest and replenish my energies.

Eamon understood it and without saying anything, he led me to another room that probably was meant to be for guests. I gave a quick look around because it was out of habit, as if to assess possible routes of escape and if everything was in the right place, but then I caught sight of a picture on a drawer: it portrayed Enna together with his father and his sister. Beside another picture stood and it revealed Enna, his sister, their father together with a rather beautiful woman with fair long hair. She was my angel's mother. My eyes looked away immediately, because it felt as if intruding into that part of his life. Enna hadn't said much about her yet and it felt as if he was waiting for the right moment and right then, being here shot and in the middle of this operation, my soul tainted and my hands dirty, this was not the right moment.

"You can rest there; this is Enna's room whenever he wants to visit me. Beside you will find Ciara's room and a bathroom if you need," he said piercing me with a hard stare.

"Thank you," I simply replied before lying down on the bed and thus he left me there alone.

My eyes closed and the image of Enna, smiling with his ethereal and beautiful eyes, with those glossy and alluring lips, with his soft and pure expression wrapped around me. I could almost feel his lips on my skin, his hands softly caressing my hair, and voice murmuring me something...I missed my angel more than anything else. I opened my eyes a moment and I stared at the ceiling, then moving them on the nightstand on the right side of the bed; there stood an icon of the Virgin Mary, very similar to the one inked on my skin but bearing a completely different meaning, and for a moment I simply stared at that in silence. I had never prayed in my life and to be fair, I had no faith, but in that moment, knowing in which position I stood, knowing the complexity of the situation, the risks and deadly dangers, being aware of the promise I made to my angel, of the deep love I felt for him...I dared my mind to think of a few words: "let me fulfil the promise I made to my angel".

After an amount of time that I could calculate, Eamon came back to where I rested and sat beside me, carrying something to eat and water.

"You need it," he simply said handling me food.

"I am indebted to you, Eamon," I replied, but he shook his head and sighed out loud.

"Don't give me that bollocks, Roman. I don't give a bloody damn about your gratitude. I do it for my son and because, yes, I will give it to you: if I would have met you in different circumstances, you would be a man that I would like."

"I understand it."

"I don't want to judge you, but you sure understand my point of view." I simply nodded and he kept silent for some time while I ate a bit of food and drank water. It did help me indeed. He broke the silence with a sudden question. "Why you entered such a world? You seem very smart and you hold principles and that is very clear to me. So why did you take such decision?"

"It was my only option," I answered in a matter of fact tone, seeing him taken aback from my straightforwardness. "I had no family. I run away from the orphanage because it was not a good place. I was on the streets and I did try to survive. One day I saved the life of my boss and that is why I am there." It was enough for him, because only my angel could know deeper truths about me.

Eamon kept silent for a while and then nodded.

"I see. I'm sorry for your circumstances." He smiled a moment and then looked straight in my eyes. "A man like you would have made a great soldier and officer."

I said nothing to that, because it was pointless to utter any word; this man had given a great honour in stating such thought.

"Keep Enna out of that shit, clean yourself so you two can live a normal life, and only then you will have my blessing. I have seen enough when I was in missions and at war; you are not a bad person in your heart. However you still live a life full of violence and danger, allowing the man you call boss to use women, to extort money, deal with drugs and God only knows what other sort of bloody deals. I do not want to know and I do not want my son involved with that."

I just stared at him because what he said was the pure truth, but it was my life and my world; until I met Enna. I would never feel regret for my deeds, because they were part of my stories and however, I never allowed myself to sink at unforgivable levels. My self-imposed limits were probably what Eamon called principles, but I was not sure that such word could be applied to a dark man like me.

"If Enna loves you so deeply, even knowing everything about you, what you did and what you are, well, he is an adult and I trust him. Just keep him safe."

"I promise it," I said holding his hard eyes. "But you need to keep an eye to him, too." He closed his eyes and let out a long breath.

"I have not asked you directly and probably I am mistaking. Do we talk about the same person? How you even know...this is not the problem," he groaned as his temper rose, "I mean, are we talking about the same bloody person?"

"Yes Eamon, it was that Cillian Flannery man. He is very friend with Enna, yes?"

"He is like a brother for my son. Are you sure, are you entirely bloody sure? He has no necessity, because he comes from a fecking wealthy family."

"It was him. No mistakes."

"Bloody hell," he swore under breath, suddenly getting up and pacing around the room. "Have you met him that you seem to know him so well?"

"One night I did go to Enna's place and I wanted to see him, but I stopped and stayed hidden outside. That man was there and I did see him very well. It is not a mistake, Eamon."

He sat down and dropped completely silent. It must have been a lot for him to take and process, but as selfish as it was, I had to inform him. He had to share the same burden because I was going to leave Ireland soon and someone, a man like him, had to be alerted to watch over my angel. There was very little to do within my power; I had to first solve this explosive situation and crush the competition and then, I could possibly look into that. But shit, that man was too deep into it. I could only hope the worry was more than needed and rationally thinking, there was no reason to fear for Enna's safety. He was not involved with that man and Cillian never met me, hence on this side we were safe.

Yet I heard something while still in Kiev, something related to that bitch and a possible foreign lover, one out of many on her list. I was not sure of it completely, but a worthless rat like Ruslan could not manoeuvre all of this just together with some Chechens...no. The puppeteer was someone better connected and involved with that oligarch. Shit. I had to call Anton. She was the only possible option. Shit. Eamon interrupted my flow of thoughts with a question.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I do not think that Enna can know this. It is not good; it is very dangerous for him. That man got involved with dangerous people, in a game that he cannot play."

"Why you told me, Roman?" He assessed me with cutting eyes and evident effort in trying to calm his temper and outburst.

"Because you can check on my angel when I will be back to Ukraine," I said with a calm tone of voice, but in truth my hands itched to eliminate this Cillian person that represented a great danger for my love. Even if rationally speaking there was no evident risk, I could feel at ease. I knew I could not eliminate that man as nothing, as I would have done usually without thinking it twice; it was not possible unless I wanted Enna to hate me for my entire life. Unless I wanted to make him suffer in a way I could not bear; bearing his hate could be possible; however bearing his deep pain and sufferance issued by my own deeds could not be possible.

"I will be...how to say?" I paused a moment searching for the word.

"Honest?" He offered me quickly and I nodded.

"Yes, honest. I want to kill that man because he can put Enna at risk. I do not know how or why, I just know the people he deals with." Eamon O'Kelley swallowed down loudly and became pale just for the shred of a moment. "But I will not, because I do not want my angel to suffer."

"Right now I want to kill him, too." He did not mean it; for sure not in the way I meant it. "That blockhead!" He grunted with evident rage. "What the hell has gotten into him? But you are right: Enna cannot know it or he would get himself involved, I know my son too well. He would talk to him or do something very stupid in order to make him reason, because he sees him as an older brother." He heaved another long sigh and passed a hand on his face.

I felt sorry for this man here in front of me, because one the most precious persons in his life had been possibly put in a potential dangerous situation. Without counting the fact his son had fallen in love with someone like me. This was still out of my comprehension, but there was no denying that we were soul mates, no doubts that we belonged with each other and fate had played along in its rather twisted way.

"Eamon, I did tell you because I think you know what to do. I did not do it to...how to say? I did not want to be selfish," I explained.

"I understood that you didn't tell me to simply wash your hands; you might be a dirty bastard that has no problems in cutting open a man's throat, but you are a not coward nor an irresponsible person, even though I would have something to say on the matter, given you involved my son with a man like you...but yeah, you two are sole mates, Enna already explained me this," he grunted and massaged his temples. "I understand why you told me this, Roman. I can imagine how shocked you were when you discovered it and I imagine it also somehow threw your plans upside down."

"I had to think about my actions, yes," I admitted.

He simply nodded and then got up on his feet again.

"Take some more rest; you still look pale and you lost a lot of blood."

ENNA POV, DUBLIN NIGHTIME:

It was dark and cold, the forest frozen in some eerie and immovable silence that took hold of my bones, as I tried to walk around. It was so cold that my lungs almost hurt from breathing and my body violently trembled.

It seemed like snow had to fall, but somehow it was frozen in that heavy and lifeless sky, making the cold more violent and penetrating. I tried to warm my arms but it was useless.

I walked and walked in the dark forest, solely hearing the sound of my feet stepping on the ice-covered ground and then I suddenly stopped, because my eyes could distinguish two shadows. My mouth went wide open to scream, but no sound came out, as if that cold had frozen my words also. I began to run, until my lungs hurt, but I didn't care. I ran and mentally screamed for the name of that shadow that I recognized.

"Roman!" I cried in my mind, "Roman..."

I run more and more, but it seemed that the distance only increased until I saw those figures circling around, Roman holding a gun, like the second shadow.

Fear took possession of my flesh and bones, suddenly making me run faster, breathing heavier. I had to reach my love; I had to be there with my Roman.

My feet moved faster and fear made everything heavier and more painful, as my throat burnt for the cold and the effort, my legs ached and my lungs protested in distress...but I run more and finally I could see my love's eyes that caught sign of me.

"Roman," I tried to say, but my tongue was tied, blocked. I could not speak.

He did not say anything to me, but there was no need. His eyes expressed all he had to tell me, all he felt in that moment.

The other figure moved and I acted instinctively as my ears almost got deafened by the abrupt explosion of his weapon.

"Roman!" I shouted, this time with full and panicked voice, as I jumped on him. His eyes widened in pure terror and his lips cried out something that I could not hear. "Roman..." I whispered and again, "Roman..."

I shot my eyes open and I hastily sat on the bed as I woke up from that nightmare, the phone loudly ringing from my nightstand. My heartbeat was so fast that I could hear it and I could feel it in my throat, as my skin was cold and sweaty.

I took a deep breath and brushed my hair back, as I tried to recover from that vision, knowing only that Roman was safe in my dream and that realization seemed enough to sooth my breathing and my heart.

Roman was safe; no bullet had killed him.

The phone kept ringing.

My love was safe; the rest did not matter.

The ringing became louder and louder and somehow it snapped me out of my daze.

I hesitantly took the phone in my hands, afraid of seeing a number I did not want to see there, even though I had blocked it.

My hands trembled and when I read the name on the display, I took a sigh of relief but then worry immediately fell on me painfully.

"Dad, how are you? What happened? Is Ciara OK? Is..." I halted as my father told me to stop my nervous flow of questions.

"I am grand, everyone is grand. I am here, please open the door."

"What?"

"Enna, please open the door." His tone of voice was hard and rather short, which alerted me and had me move.

I got up immediately and threw a pair of sweat pants on, running to open the door. My dad appeared there rather pale and clearly concerned, trying to mask his other feelings in front of me.

"Dad, what happened? Are you really fine?"

I let him in and closed the door behind me, following his steps to the kitchen. He looked around and his behaviour gave him away; he was being cautious. Awareness drowned on me and I immediately felt cold, my mouth dry and my heart almost stopped dead. This could only concern a one person. I swallowed down but with difficulty because my mouth had gone dry completely and my skin had become made of ice, just like my blood.

"Roman...it's about Roman, right?" He nodded and I stepped in front of him, my entire body shacking in dread. "Is he fine? Where is he? Is he hurt, dad, please..." he took my hands in hi and smiled, trying to reassure me.

"That bastard has a very hard skin. He is fine. He got shot and don't ask me how, but he knew where I live and came to me for help. He is now resting and I bet he won't be happy knowing I am here, but I know you had been worrying for days and Enna, you need to see for yourself...who he really is, what he does, in which world he lives and..." I stopped him at once. There was no need for me to see all of this. I had already understood who he was that night he stopped Michael from hurting me. That night he had eyes that truly meant to kill him and he had not done it for the promise he made and for that reason only. His intentions were very clear and only then I comprehended his nature entirely.

It did not scare me, though. It was Roman and I wanted to know everything of him, every dark and light side, everything.

And I loved everything of my soul-mate.

"Dad, I know who Roman is and what he does and from where he comes from. Believe me; I have seen it in his eyes that night with Michael. He was ready to kill him with his own hands. I know who my love is." I hugged my father and gave him a smile, because I could not express how I felt in seeing how he helped my Roman. "Thank you for helping him, dad, I..."

"Enna, I might not exactly approve of him, but I understand how much you love him and how much he loves you. That man would do anything for you and I mean it, son. I would never deny help in such circumstances." I nodded because of course my dad was this wonderful person that would never let his personal feelings prejudice his actions. "Wear something warm, son, outside is very cold. You two need to see each other."

He had not time to finish his sentence that I was already dashing in my room, throwing some clothes on in a complete daze and confusion, feeling worry and relief floating into me in contrast. I was relieved he was out of danger, given my father helped and given the way he smiled; yet there was no helping the fear that gripped my spine and guts. That dream played in my head for a moment and I shook it away. I splashed my face and mouth to feel better and in a few minutes, we were in the car driving to my father's house.

During the drive I did not speak, as I only gazed outside of the window. My dad told me what there was to know and that was all. Roman had been shot under his shoulder and apparently it was a miracle that no vital organs had been harmed. But it was not a miracle...it was because of the incredible man Roman was. Because of the injury he had lost a lot of blood, but he was not in danger and his wound had been treated and stitched up. For Roman to ask help...he must have lost a lot of blood indeed and I could not imagine something like this happening to him...what was going to happen once he had to go back to Kiev? He told me there were issues in his organization, of course keeping very vague for my sake. Roman was capable of handling such problems but he was not an immortal man...he was human and made of flesh and blood.

I hid my face in my hands, because I felt stupid and ashamed to cry and worry so much, but there was nothing at the moment that could calm me down. Only seeing my love and being in his reassuring and protective arms could chase my fears away. The mere thought of him, imagining his deep and assertive voice, his strong accent, his hands holding me in that tender but shielding way, his magnetic green eyes...capable of inflaming me with a glance only...thinking about him somehow made the trick to render the driving less long in my mind and gave me back my words.

"Is he sleeping you said?" It was hard to imagine Roman sleeping in such situation.

"I gave him a very strong painkiller that would put a horse to sleep," I shot him an incredulous look and went to say something, but he anticipated me. "Don't worry, because that probably wasn't enough for him, but he had to rest and it was the only way, given someone like him would have been already on his way."

"He doesn't feel pain; at least he told me that," I said, mostly to myself than to my father.

"He told me so and I could see he did not flinch when I sewed him back."

I repressed a shudder brought by that image and my dad saw it, because he put a reassuring hand on my head.

"He is strong, Enna. I must admit that I almost never met a man made of his substance." I nodded at his words, because they were true.

We finally arrived and I darted out of the car, looking for my dad to open the door, but instead it opened alone and without thinking twice, I rushed inside the house.

Roman stood behind the door with his shoulder carefully wrapped up, wearing a pair of jeans only. His tattoos stood out under the wraps and I could see he moved the shoulder carefully. My Roman...he was there and he was staring at me as if staring at some holy picture. He had a scratched on his face and his eyes looked tired, even though for a moment completely stopped me on the spot and made me his prisoner. They widened at my sight and then he shook his head, half smiling.

"My angel," he said taking a step toward me and immediately pulling me in his strong embrace.

"Roman..." I whispered as my arms carefully snaked around his back, my mouth resting on his warm and pulsing skin. "Roman you are here and..."

I faintly heard my father stepping inside the house after me and closing the door behind, saying something to us. I had no idea what he said because all of my senses were full of Roman and he held complete control over me and my world.

"Shh...do not worry my love, I am OK as I did promise you." He hugged me stronger and with one hand he slowly caressed my hair. I had to squeeze my eyes very closed to not cry. Roman was here and he was holding me in his arms. He was safe...he was here with me. "Forgive me that it did take so long. There was a...there was a problem, but it is done. Forgive me because I made you worry."

"Please don't say that, Roman...you were shot. Oh God...you were shot," and as I said those words aloud while being his protective arms, reality took over me and I could not help the crying. My love had been shot and he had risked his life. What if...I blocked my thoughts right there and commanded myself to regain some calm.

"Enna, please do not cry for me. I am OK, my angel. I am here with you," his words were like a spell for me and I nodded at them, letting my senses being lulled by their softness and by their lack of doubt. Roman was right: he was here with me and he had come to me just as he promised.

"Forgive me for crying like this and behaving like a silly kid, I..." his lips silenced me completely as they pressed on mine with a mix of gentleness and possessiveness. My eyes closed in response and my fingers locked in his hair as his arm pulled my body completely pressed on his, leaving no space between us. "Roman," I whispered looking straight in his deep eyes, still stirring me by merely gazing at me or at my lips with what I knew was burning desire. "Roman," I said with stronger voice and he caught the change of my tone because some hidden fire burnt in his emeralds and a smile that had nothing of innocent formed on his lips. "Roman, tell me you love me and that we will always be together," I ordered, needing to hear that from his own voice more than ever.

"As you wish, my angel," he answered going with a swift and sudden move to pull me up in arms, carrying me on them. I gasped at that, thinking of his shoulder and went to say something, but once more his lips silenced. "Shh, do not worry. I do not feel pain and this nothing. This is just a scratch that did make me lose blood more than usual. Enna," he called my name in that commanding voice and shivered at the sound. "Enna, I love you and you are my very soul and life. We will be always together; you have my word."

"I love you Roman, too," I whispered on his lips as I dragged his mouth on mine, locking his eyes with mine. "We will always be together, you promised," I said in the same tone of voice as his, as if commanding those words to hold true and to be fulfilled.

ANTON POV, KIEV – UKRAINE:

Fuck.

I had been followed.

"Fuck!" I swore as I dumped my car in some second street of one of the most run down areas of Kiev.

I had to move my ass and move it very fast, because not only my life was at stake here.

I had been followed and only one person could know about my doings today.

Fuck.

So he wanted to try to take me down in such ridiculous way? Well, that bastard of Ruslan had to try harder. He had to dirty his own hands and then maybe he could stand a chance of dying in one go. Something that would not happen in case he would be so stupid to face Roman.

I had been followed and I couldn't shake these bastards down my neck, shit. After what I heard from Roman the other day, I knew we were at the threshold of this shitty war. I could well imagine what my friend suspected and I began to see it very clearly, too. I had to stay sharp and be boss Boris's shadow, because we could not afford to lose him or to put him under any sort of danger.

I ducked behind a corner and readied my gun, taking a deep breath while counting till five; I had seen the dogs following me for a while and I slowed my driving down on purpose, to see till where they would push themselves. And they fucking pushed after my ass without bothering to cover it much. They were too sure of themselves and I would enjoy sending them to hell. I laughed at the idea and as five was counted, I shot out of the corner and emptied the first magazine on those dogs.

Those bastards had to make me drive to this shitty suburban zone of the city, because the last I wished for was a dutiful policeman that instead of doing the right thing of turning his head to the other side, he would meddle for disturbing and endangering civilians. As if I could care about such shit; they were going to be endangered anyway if free reigns were given to these pieces of shit.

A bullet grazed my cheek and I cursed under my breath and ducked down and aimed at who dared to scratch my handsome face; girls loved it and loved my hungry smirk, so I wouldn't let such dirty dogs waste it.

"C'mon bastards, come and get me if you can," I shouted at them as my bullets hit more targets. Another one hit my arm slashing my jacket, but without slashing my skin. "Your aim is shitty," I mocked them, while dashing behind the shelter of an abandoned car. From the rear-view mirror I could spot one of them trying to climb on the outside stairs of the building behind me, so I didn't give him the chance to prove whether his aim was better or not. I twisted around and extracted the gun I had strapped on my back.

Two bullets were more than enough for that bastard and falling down he probably broke his neck.

One less.

They fired more on me and it was starting to get annoying, because I had to save my bullets and I was stuck behind this fucking car and looking around I could not see better option; my eyes searched for a better spot and somehow found something, even though it was nothing much better, it at least gave me better view and freedom of movement. The shooting stopped for a couple of seconds and I didn't waste the chance to run to the other side of the narrow street, also not wasting the chance to kill one of them. I smirked satisfied as the corner of my eye caught sight of one them falling down in a pool of blood.

One more less.

As I run to a better shelter a bullet hit my arm and I cursed loud as it was fucking painful. How could Roman not feel pain? That man was not human.

I could see them getting closer and I was tired of this game, so I took careful aim and shot dead another one, but something made my blood freeze and a feeling of being watched and hunted like a prey itched me on the neck.

Shit.

He was playing dirty, the bastard.

Where the hell was he? When had he followed me? I had not seem him before and I was sure he was still back in the main house with his whore, but clearly once I got out of here I had to take care of a couple of traitors in the organization.

Damn...Boss Boris.

He was safe and he was a damn hard bastard to take down. And today he was safe.

I didn't like to feel the prey and I looked around to see any hint or a better place but I had no time to think, because two men came after me and I barely managed to turn around to shoot them down.

In that moment I heard his sick laugh and I swore loud.

"Come out, you fucking coward. You are too afraid to face me alone, aren't you?" I knew it was true and I knew he would never be able to take me down alone, but in this situation? Not many bullets were left for me and I had to use them wisely. However, once more I had no time to think has they began to fire at me more and more, this time using a freaking Kalashnikov.

"Shit," I swore...if I did not think of something smart, I was done and dead.

I took a deep breath and decided to act: may God for once have mercy of a damned bastard and sinner like I was.

As I stood up to get rid of those dogs, a couple of bullets hit me on the back with such strength that they knocked the oxygen out of my lungs and slammed me down completely.

I knew that bastard would shoot me on the back. I damn knew it.

I breathed out hard and another bullet hit me on the arm, seeing more blood pooling under me.

The firing stopped and Ruslan finally showed his damn face in front of me, smiling in triumph like a vulture waiting for the prey to exhale his last breath.

"I took you finally down, Anton," he sneered spitting on me. He was going to pay for this...he was going to pay for this.

I coughed out and hissed in pain as he shot me on the leg.

"You never use a bulletproof vest, right? You are such an arrogant idiot. I will enjoy to slowly take the boss down, when the right moment comes and if Roman isn't dead yet, I will take care of it myself," he smirked in his sick way and I spat to him this time.

"You are not match for Roman," I hissed, feeling my blood warm on my skin, as he had probably shot a vein or something like that.

He pointed his gun at me. I simply stared at that.

I was not afraid of death.

Sooner or later it would come for everyone and better to brace it with honour at least intact.

"Do it, if you have the guts," I snarled.

"I could give you a clean death, but where would be the fun? Better to let you here die slowly, making you realize how pathetically you failed and how useless you were," he shot me on my leg again and I knew he had hit something. I repressed the groan of pain and more blood soon pooled behind me.

Fuck.

"You will die like an animal, here, alone...enjoy it, Anton."

That bastard ordered his dogs to get lost and I could see his back walking away. I had no more energy to shoot him as he deserved and he however had taken my gun away.

My eyes felt heavy and more blood poured out.

Was I really going to die here in this way?

EXTERNAL POV, KIEV – UKRAINE:

The man stood motionless in a pool of blood and the freezing wind only made him feel colder than he already was. He was breathing heavily and even that cost him pain and effort.

He had minutes counted, a very short time left, and then darkness would take over him.

He slowly and painfully tried to move his injured arm to look for something in his inside pocket; the move cost him excruciating pain and more blood oozed out.

The man found what he was looking for and his last drop of energy and life was poured into those few words he wheezed to the phone.

His eyes closed before he could finish his sentence and his limb and head slumped down on the ground, looking like a broken doll.

Then darkness took over that man and snow slowly, silently began to fall over his still body.

Authot's chit-chat:

So were you expecting any of this? What are your thoughts about Anton's fate? Who do you think he called?

I shall try my best to post a new chapter next week, because I am already working on it. The problem is the short time I have free due to work... but no worries, I'll manage it :)

I hope you enjoyed it and welcome back to the dark and dangerous, but pure love of Enna and Roman.

Until next chapter, for now, love, hugs and meow!

-TheWitchAndTheCat-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 71.6K 36
WARNING: mature content of boyxboy or better manxman story and actions. The story is R-rated, therefore you know what it means. Thank you for your un...
256K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...
183K 6.7K 30
Ryder and Olexei They were complete opposites. At a young age they formed a bond that no one was able to understand. It was unusual especially, in th...
1.1M 52.8K 92
This story is complete ✅ 'I look at the back of the boy, sitting in front of me and his shining tousled hair. Before I can even realize what I'm doin...