A Servant for a Mate - Book #...

By TessaT

Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a... More

copyright
Im only Human
Book 1 of 3
Chapter 1~
Chapter 2~
Chapter 3~
Chapter 4~
Chapter 5~
Chapter 6~
Chapter 7~
Chapter 8~
Chapter 9~
Chapter 10~
Chapter 11~
Chapter 12~
Chapter 13~
Chapter 14~
Chapter 15~
Chapter 16~
Chapter 17~
Chapter 18~
Chapter 19~
Chapter 20~
Chapter 21~
Chapter 22~
Chapter 23~
Chapter 24~
Chapter 25~
Chapter 26~
Chapter 27~
Chapter 28~
Chapter 29~
Chapter 31~
Chapter 32~
Chapter 33~
Chapter 34~
Chapter 35~
Chapter 36~
Trilogy
Chapter 37~
Epilogue
Mature Version is UP!
Pg or Mature
A Hidden Princess Finished
Read for Free on Ream

Chapter 30~

787K 9.5K 1.4K
By TessaT

Hope you all enjoy the second part of their date

*****************************

Hour's passed by in a blur. Our conversations short and sweet. The food discarded to the side of the blanket.

As the sun sank behind the waterfall in front of us, we laid on our backs in a deep silence.  It had been this way for quite a while now.

The only part of our bodies touching were our hands. Shortly after facing the sky he reached over and intertwined our fingers. His thumb circling the back of my hand repeatedly.

The silence soothed me. I felt as if nothing in the world could harm us. If only this night could last forever.

"Would you...would you care for a swim?" It surprised me how nervous he had been throughout our date. I thought it was cute when he would stutter or blush while asking a question he wasn't too sure about. I felt special knowing it took him out of his comfort zone to make me happy.

"I would love to, but I wasn't aware there would be a pool. I'm not wearing a bathing suit." The sun may have gone down, but the heat stayed. My skin felt warm to the touch. A swim in the pool would feel blissful against my skin.

The main question here is, will I be able to keep my hormones in check if he only wore swimming shorts.

If Annabelle put her two scents in, I highly doubt it. Her and that dirty mind of hers.

"Your mother sent a bag of your things with the set up crew. If you enter into the cave, you will see it on the right hand side. That is if you feel comfortable swimming with me. We don't have to touch if you don't want to. I'll even close my eyes until you get in the water. Or...Or I could turn my back."

Giggling softly, I lean up on my elbow to stare down at his frightened face. Throughout lunch and dinner he would mumble and become frustrated with himself. Not one word escaped my lips. I felt as if he would shut down if I tried to speak over him.

Do I want to go swimming? Knowing my mother she would have placed a two piece in the bag. I swear giving me a little incentive here and there to become closer to Caden is her goal in life.

"If you do, I swear to keep my purring to a minimal," Annabelle snorts.

"As if I'm going to take your word for it. We both know you would pounce on him, if I gave any indication it was what I wanted." Mentally rolling my eyes, I realized she would nag my head off if I didn't take this chance.

"Being near him is all I ask for Claudia. I know how you feel, as I do the same. Before we land in the sack he has to prove himself completely. A kiss here and there is all we will be doing until the time is right."

Without giving myself a chance to think further and change my mind, I stand up and head to the cave to chance.

The moment I get half way there, two sturdy arms grip ahold of my waist, stopping me mid step.

"Are...are you leaving me?" The quiver in his voice clearly showed in his body as he pressed it flush against mine.

"You were talking about this cave right?" Point in front of me, I try to ease his fear in a nice and gentle way. "Is there privacy?"

"Oh...yes of course. All the guards are further out. If you would like I can have your brother come and hold up a blanket for you." If I didn't know better, this Caden isn't the man I knew before my eighteen birthday. It's as if he is a completely different man. Sensitive and caring wouldn't have come to mind months ago.

"I would like that please." I shiver slightly as his hands pull away from my waist. The sensations I felt from a mere touch surprised me. It scared me. If he were to cheat on me years down the line, would I have the strength to leave him?

Shaking that thought out of my muddled up brain, I gently run my feet through the sensual tiny pieces of sand. I don't know what it is about running my toes in the sand, I love the most. The relaxation, warmth or feeling of being at peace.

If I had discovered this little sanctuary years ago, I doubt even my mother could have dragged me away.

Knowing my brother's they would have built at least a bar and shack. Who cares about working if you can relax to the soothing sounds of a gentle flowing water fall? Or to them, dunking each other until one nearly drowns.

Entering the cave, I see Taylor standing with a red towel in his hands an a smirk plastered in his face. "Enjoying your time m'lady?" Laughing he bows at the waist.

Shaking my head at his antics I dig through the matching red beach bag for my swim suit. Pulling out a two piece I gawk at him. This is clothing? When did they get smaller? Wide eyed, I show them to Taylor.

"What is this?" I squeak out.

"I believe its two pieces of string with triangles." Clear disgust was written on his face.

"I can't go out there in this Taylor!" Outraged I dig once more in the red bag. Mother has to have put another suit in. no way would she have given me this suit to wear.

"Clearly mother is trying to gain a grandbaby soon."

Standing straight up, I stare at him with horror. "What did you just say?" I had to have heard him wrong. No way would mother want a grandbaby from me and Caden at this point in our relationship.

"You heard me the first time, my dear sweet sister. Now change. If we keep that mate of your waiting for too long he might fear you left him and barge inside. Unless you want that sexually frustrated wolf of yours to take over, I would strip and get into that...thing." Pointing at the strings in my hand I see a shudder run through his body.

Giving up, I do as he says. There is no way I'm delaying my time in this cave, if there is the slightest chance Caden would show up.

On my second dig through the bag I found a bathing cover. It was a slightly see through blue flowing top. Big enough to cover the top part of my thighs. I silently sent a thank you to my mother for adding this piece.

Hugging my brother, after wrapping the towel around my waist I leisurely exit the dimly lit cave. Apparently the candles last longer than I thought they would.

Swiftly dashing to the water, I throw the towel and top down on the ground before sinking neck deep. The water felt blissful against my heated skin. Even at night the water felt warm.

Spinning around in circles, I settle my eyes on the sand a few feet away from the water's edge. There standing in complete shock was no other than my handsome mate. What could only be considered lust shone brightly in his eyes.

"Hot damn that man is fine." Annabelle breaths lustfully.

Gulping I stroke my arms backwards. A few more feet between us will do some good. Possibly.

Our eyes never once shift as his toned body causally floats in the water. "Do I frighten you my little kitten?"

I watch as his eyes swirl with black.

Keeping my mouth shut, I fell a tiny shiver rake my body as he continues to glide through the water.

Apparently he saw something in my eyes because the next thing I knew he was backing away. "Please forgive me Claudia. I didn't mean to frighten you." I watched as shame flickered across his features.

"It's alright." Shrugging slowly I ease back a tiny bit more. To be on the safe side. "If you wouldn't mind keeping a few feet in between us, I would appreciate it."

"Yes...of course. Anything you want."

Awkward silence rained down on us.  Lightly rotating my arms and legs, I keep myself afloat. Is he going to speak or will our night end like this.

"I've dreamt of bringing you here for years. Making my own little sanctuary into a place we could get away from the politics." Shifting his body he lays on his back, staring up at the starry night. Following his movements, I gasp at the beautiful sky.

To see this clear sky we would have to go all the way out to no man's land. Which unless you're a rogue, you do not enter. It's a free for all. If a female enters and catches a male's eye, he has every right to steal her away for himself. Even if she is mated.

It's a barbaric way of living, but that's why its call no man's land. No sane women would go there.

"We can still make it our little sanctuary. When life becomes too stressful, we can escape to our own private beach." Smiling, I feel his fingers intertwine with mine. "I could ask one of the carpenters to build a small hunt along with a hammock stand. I might have to take up a second job to pay for it though." I felt a tiny bit of depression leak into my body at the thought of spending more time working.

A soft chuckle breaks me from my mind and inclining depression.

"Kitten do you honestly believe I would allow you to work? To separate yourself from me now that we've both seen the light?"

"How am I to pay for my things? I will need to buy-" Before I can finish my body is turned right side up.

"Claudia, you're my mate. The future Queen of werewolves. To put it nicely, you're rich." Opening my mouth to speak he places his fingertips on my lips, instantly shutting me up.

Without my consent, my tongue reaches out and swipes across his patted tips. The taste of his salty skin with the water make my stomach do a flip. A rather pleasant flip. One I wouldn't mind happening again.

Eyes wide, I freeze. Not knowing what to do.

Risking it, I peek into his glazed over eyes. A painful grunt leaves his mouth watering lips.

"I'm sorry," I softly mumble.

"No, my sweet innocent little kitten. Never say sorry for giving me pleasure."

"You grunted in pain." How he is in pain, I'm not too sure.

"A pleasurable pain, my love. Definitely pleasurable." His husky voice whispers in my ear as he brings our bodies flush. On contact my cheeks blush a deep red as I come to feel the pleasure pain he was speaking of.

Pulling away he gives me a gentle smile. "Because of our past, I will not push my luck tonight." Nodding my head, I pretend the water is extremely fascinating. "What you did, if you desire to experiment once more, please do. If you feel comfortable with me all the better."

Lick his fingers again? Or is he speaking about his body? Maybe his chest? No, I couldn't do that.

As the night went on, we moved from the water to the blue blanket once more. A servant had dropped off a basket full of sweets in the cave.

After our little moment in the water my nerves were going haywire. He tried to feed me a bit of strawberry cheesecake, but my shyness took over. In the end he gave up and we remained silent.

Exhaling I watch at he stands to his feet with a frown. He started to place away the plates and utensils.  Observing him, I notice he continues to blink rapidly. Is he trying to keep back tears? Had I wounded him with my silences?

"Caden?" I whisper. My body tense's with worry. "If I offended you, I'm deeply sorry. I didn't mean to."

Dropping to his knees, he takes my face in between his rough hands. "You could never offend me Claudia. I over stepped my bounds and I realized that too late. Frightening you the way I did, wasn't what I intended to do. I promise I will not force you to do anything you're uncomfortable in doing."

Biting my lip, I gradually nod my head. "I'm sorry for closing in on myself. Being new to all this, I didn't know how to react."

"No, you have nothing to be sorry for Claudia. Not one thing. I was the one who took it way too far. I should have known better." Smiling he helps me stand up. "Come on, I believe it's time for our night to come to an end."

Escorting me through the forest, we come upon the back end of the castle. Lights shining up its towering stone walls, eliminating its beauty. For years, I've loved the romantic contempt of living in a castle.  Of being swept of my feet by the Prince and living happily ever after.

Only time will tell if our ending will be happy.

Stepping in front of his bedroom door, I fiddle with my fingers. After the water incident, I was scared to sleep in the same bed as him. He said he wouldn't force me to do anything I didn't want, but his couch couldn't be that comfortable. Could it?

"It's still early, would you want to visit your family?" Searching his eyes, I try to figure out what he is up to.

"Really?" I question with uncertainty.

"Of course. I should have done this right from the beginning Claudia. If you want, I can call up Theo as well and you can have one of your famous movie nights." Is this him trying to make me feel as home? Comfy near him?

"Yes, I would actually love that." I can't stop the blush that tints my cheeks. I have a feeling, I'll be doing a lot of blushing if he continues to do thoughtful things for me.

Reaching my parents' bedroom door, he brings me in for a warm hug. Not giving it to much thought, I return the gentle gesture. "Thank you for the lovely first date."

"It was my pleasure." He softly smiles.

Feeling the awkwardness starting to settle in, I do the bravest act I've ever done in my life. With quick movements, I lean pressing my lips to his for a swift kiss. Before he knows what is happening, I hurry inside my parent's room, closing the door on a stunned Prince.

I can't believe I kissed my mate.

********************************

ehhh, im not liking this chapter to much, but maybe you guys might.

So did you like it or did it bomb?  

I actually thought up the next chapter as i was in the middle of this one and thats why this one sucked. lol. i just wanted to finish this one to get to the next one. haha. 

Chapter Questions: What does Caden do after dropping her off?

Will she spill her first date with her family?

OH and for everyone who thought Caden was going to tell his father to give him mother the 'D" have dirty minds. lol. i wasn't speaking about that. 

If you wish to read advance chapters or any of my other books, they are all on Reamstories.com/TessaT   The link is also on my page.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 399 33
(A/N. I DO NOT own any pictures throughput the book, no copy right intended. Will have Explicit content.) Sweet Katherine, A werewolf vampire hybrid...
946K 38.8K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...
175K 5.7K 81
His hands cold, his eyes dark holding something that no one knows. A dark aura on him that makes people stay away. He's a loner, everyone avoids him...
341K 13.3K 35
This story is the sequel to my previous story "King of the Vamps". It would be beneficial to read that story first as you will be introduced to some...