Too young.

By ThatOneGothicPunk

Curse the day she fell in love with that dobe. More

"Too young."

9.1K 100 28
By ThatOneGothicPunk

Curse the day she even laid eyes on that.. dobe. Curse the day she even met him!

For Sasuko it was hard to admit how much she grown to actually like that dobe. Not just like. But have some soft of feelings for that thing. The feelings of attachment to him made even her stomach turn in knots and made the Uchiha gag. She was repulsed by the sudden intimacy she felt for the hyperactive blonde, not wanting to admit it, she contradicted herself in her mind that she actually adored him. Cause not even the Sasuko Uchiha could admire such feelings towards an idiot.

Sometimes her thoughts for the blonde comforted her, she'd suddenly grow fond of the idea of being around him and finally talking to him without any distractions such as her fanboy. Sometimes she'd actually like the thought of being able to hold his hand, lay her head on his shoulder, steal a kiss.. it was uncanny for her to grow so fond of someone. Sometimes she'd turn to her older sister to ask questions that made it oblivious she adored that idiot.

“Hey Nii-chan..?” she peered inside her elder sister's room oddly sheepish. She entered the room when her older sister motioned her inside to engage in conversation, she'd step in hesitantly with her head down and her fingers fiddling with one another, Sasuko would then take a seat when Itachi patted her bed for her to sit so she could go back to prepare for her mission with her own lover.

“What seems to be your issue, Dear little sister?” Itachi had her back turned to Sasuko when fixing things up. “I'm all ears for you.”

Thanks for paying attention…

Sasuko thought mentally in annoyance at her sister's lack of interest. “How did it feel to have feelings for… Shisui?” She asked hesitantly. “Like, we're you in denial?”

“I was… shy.” her elder sister began. “Yes, I would try to ignore such feelings for my best friend but then I realized I couldn't suppress these emotions for someone I loved. It was very hard for me to accept that I had fallen in love with my best friend since after him-”

Him?”

“Yes, him.” She acknowledged this him then carried on. “I had been so numb after losing him. I thought all love was just a fool. I tried to hide the fact about liking Shisui but every thought about him made my tummy tickle and every time I was near him I wanted our time together to be longer. I got butterflies and beet red..” a genuine smile formed on her features but Sasuko completely oblivious to this took her seriousness about this talk very badly. She was frightened that she was so calm about this along with her sappy tale of… love. Ew. Why? It was her first time being in love. That's why?

“Why do you ask?”

“Nothing.” Sasuko said quickly.

“Is this about your crush, Na-ru-to?” She sang his name teasingly, turning her body around to peer at her younger sister with daring eyes that showed that look of evil for a moment.

Sasuko jolted upwards quickly then stood up on her feet. She stuck her nose in the air then lifted her hands to her hips, defiantly. “None of your business.. I was just asking.” With that she retreated out of her sisters room contently but sprinted to her room once she was out in the hallway.

Itachi poked her head out of the doorway to find her mother standing there with the laundry basket in her hands.

“What was that all about, Itachi?”

“Just Sasuko going through love.”

“At this sudden age?”

“She's sixteen, mother. She's always had these feelings for this boy since she was twelve.”

“You two and falling in love at such young ages. You loved Shisui since you were thirteen.”

Which was like nine years ago. And they are still together.

“I still don't see how you and father approved of that..”

“Ending conversation.” Mikoto was suddenly brushing past her to avoid this talk again. Her own imperfections made even Mikoto Uchiha bothered.

“Wise choice.” She retorted then went back in her room.

Then Sasuko got to the point that she did acknowledge her feelings towards the dobe. She was no longer undeniably denying her intimacy for him. She encouraged these feelings slowly.

“Just how Nii-chan slowly grew to acknowledge this..” She muttered to herself angrily. Her arms folded on her chest, pressing her back against the tree behind her, she sighed. “I need some air..” With that she strolled onto the path to the village only to encounter her crush in less than five minutes.

She had to admit. She liked the feeling of being around him. Her impolite attitude towards him only faded slowly into sudden fondness and admiration for the blonde dobe.

They were in the training field once..

“Gee, how can you throw kunai so well, Teme!?” He glared at the Uchiha with resentful eyes that met her onyx optics.

“...” Sasuko stood from her spot then walked over to him. Coming face to face with him she reached into her weapon pouch to draw out another kunai, she gripped the handle then said, even though it was painful to say but something she always wanted to offer, she offered him “How about I help you then, Naruto?”

He was making that stupid face. His optics were wide with astonishment yet he was puzzled as well that his sworn female enemy had offered to help him practice. His mouth gaped open unable to find his vocals.  

“What?”

When his vocals returned he said “Is this a trick, teme?”

“Why do you ask such a thing?” Her face settled into a scowl.

“You just offered me some practice and called me by my name!” He flailed his arms in the air while saying that “It's freaky!”

“Well you have a name! Dobe!” She shouted at him. She couldn't help but feel slightly upset that their so called “bond” ended up like this. Though it was cute to see him bicker at her. “Yes or no? I haven't got all evening to help you..”

“...Fine.”

For about months she helped him with his training; she offered to also engage in some sparing that turned out to be difficult due to the fact that he claims he might harm her, but, by the end of her convincing they always come to an agreement.

Slowly, they grew comfortable around each other is when he'd suddenly offer her to go eat some ramen. Together.

Sasuko in the inside was bashing her head against the wall in pure hatred towards her love for him. If only she hadn't been put on Team 7 with him.. but then she wouldn't ever have seen him anymore, his smiling face that always brighten up her gloomy mood and face, wake up feeling encouraged to interact with him or even acknowledge his existence. In the outside she was calm and cool, as always.

“Thanks for training with me again, Sasuko, you have very hard fists and fast reflexes! But that's what I like about you. It shows how much of an skilled kunoichi you are.. like Itachi! She's strong, beautiful… probably has no emotions like you. Like love... But still, I know there's a softer side of you.”

Yeah, and like her very vague story of him.

Wait.. what?

Sasuke turned her head to gaze at him with curiosity in her eyes. She dropped her chopsticks into her empty ramen bowl then turned her body around to face him fully. “What do you mean by love?”

“What? It was just an example, Sasuko.” He murmured then lifted his bowl to his lips to slurp up the broth. Not acknowledging to look at her too.

She felt silly to assume that that's what he meant. She was just trying to search for the right time to spill her secret.

Like now.

“I mean… I can.”

Naruto nearly choked on his broth when hearing her words. He set the bowl down and swallowed the broth in his mouth quickly, turning his body to face her, he nearly choked again but shouted “Really!?”

“Duh.. it's an emotion everyone has..”

“Okay duck butt. Geez.”

“Hn.”

“So does that mean you have a crush?”

“Perhaps..”

The blonde frowned. “Oh yeah? Who is this guy? Don't tell me it's Lee! Er… not that I care!” He crossed his arms on his chest and glared at her.

“What? No!” Sasuko’s gaze diverted to the side sheepishly. “He's kind of an idiot but it's nice to see his smiling face that always lights up the room. He's hyperactive, he's strong very clumsy.”

“...So it's Lee?”

“Yeah okay, Naruto, it's definitely Lee.” Sasuko sarcastically said while rolling her eyes in annoyance that she had to make him realize but failed. “I'm in love with him. So Madly in lo-ove.” She clasped her hands together and batted her lashes

“What!?”

“It's sarcasm!” She remained in her pose.

“Oh-h... “

Obviously a bad time since it escalated into awkwardness.

It was pointless to Sasuko at some point to even crave such love from him. It was pointless to even have these feelings for someone who probably only see's you as a friend. But the way he was acting made it obvious that day that he.. did too?

I'm so confused..

One night they both laid on the grass in the training field after they were done sparing, gazing at the dark night sky decorated with lovely pattern of stars filling the entire sky, they both had decided to rest there for a while. Her gaze never left his smiling face. She found it difficult to gaze at the stars when the only thing she's ever wanted to be with was here.

Her softened optics lifted to the dark sky not wanting to ruin the silence between them with words that would've made him react like when they were eating ramen. She inhaled slowly then exhaled through her nose.

“You seem like your thinking about a lot, Sasuko?” He turned his head to gaze upon the lovely pale face and dark eyes enhancing her lovely face. His sapphire orbs observing the way her features were with admiration.

“No…”

“Liar. You look like you want to say something.” Naruto softly said. He turned on his side then propped himself up with his elbow. “Well?”

Sasuko remained quiet while turning to her side to face him. Unable to spill out what she's been wanting to say for quite some time now. It wasn't like it mattered anyways. Her mother always told her “You're too young” or her father would say “Who is he? An Uchiha?”

Then she'd bite back her "No!" And answer with "Father!"

"Just curious." He'd say.

But that didn't matter right now.

Though that definitely would make a lot of issues for both of them.

She felt sudden warmth next to her that made her shiver, she turned her attention to the blonde next to her, his arm around her frame to hold her closer. “...Naruto.” She uttered despite her lips that were unable to move anymore.

“You know? I always wanted to do this.” His raspy tone sounding unusually softer. “I can't ever explain why. I just want you to be around me.”

“They say we're too young to love but I believe that there is no age matter.” She cooed. Her head leaning into the others to press her forehead against his for a moment. Her lids closed for a moment-- “I know what you feel. You can't stop thinking about it but you do. You want to hide that you feel this way but you can't because you know you love that person. You know you love..”

Am I moving too fast?

“Yeah.” Naruto interrupted her. “That's how I feel but I am so unsure about it..” He murmured.

Wrong move..

“Naruto, I feel sure of it,” Sasuko interrupted him. “I know that I love you. In that way.”

“I feel it too.. but.."

Definitely wrong thing to say.

So much for believing Itachi's words.

That night the both of them had shared intimate feelings for one another. It was like weight was off her shoulders but then they returned to the same old Naruto and Sasuko. Like it never happened to them that night, like she said a thousand times. It was pointless. She didn't even try to bring up what happened because she didn't want to destroy their remaining bond she shared with him.

And he even said it himself that they were too young.

Too young my ass!

Hell, her older sister had been in love since who knows how young for this one guy then Shisui and she was only eight! Hinata Hyuga developed a crush on him since she was twelve or younger or something and she still does to this day! Obviously Itachi had a happy ending with Shisui and Hinata's sure as hell that that's the man she wants to be with and so is Sasuko. A bit of a competition but it doesn't matter. Cause she could never see it happening.

Her and Naruto together was a repulsive thought in the first place, To her and her father who already imagined that the guy she liked was an Uchiha boy.

"It's an Uchiha boy.. right?"

Itachi replied softly "I don't want to break it to you, Father. But, no. It isn't."

"...Is he at least intelligent?" Her father looked as if he wanted to facepalm. Yet he remained composed.

"Sadly, he isn't, Father."

Her mother just thought she was too young but Itachi was to her defense that apparently, according to Itachi--

“It's never about age!” Sasuko mimicked her elder sister's words but with a cringe girly voice while laying in her bed. Her hands being her head. She glared at her ceiling above her upon getting deep into thought. “To some people it is. Like that dobe.”

To comfort her, Itachi would train her at the most randomised times as possible just to soothe her. It was relaxing but Sasuko despised that she'd always be back in her troubled mind.

“Seems like he probably likes the thought of being around you rather than with you.” Itachi softly spoken to her younger sister. She sighed softly. “I doubt he understands what love is. He always never had a brain.” they both sat on the porch in the back where they'd train.

“I know.. I just feel stupid to have loved him.”

Still love him..

“Yes. But we all loved someone who never truly loved us back.” her arm came around Sasuko to pull her closer to herself, she pressed her cheek against her cheek murmuring-- “But we may never know why he suddenly ignored the recent events last night too. Maybe because he too thinks liking someone like you is repulsive. Because you're something he probably thinks he never deserves. We may not know.”

Maybe it was all the above. Maybe it was none of what Itachi said at all. Maybe it was because she scared him away.

Even though she hurt inside that her feelings never went accordingly; she continued to be his friend despite that night they practically admitted to adoring one another. It didn't matter, she would be silenced by her own silence. Not every story has a happy love ending. Which was true. She could fantasize all she wanted to about trying to get him and rewrite the bitter end to this fairytale but no matter what, her voice would always and never be heard even if she screamed louder for him. Even if she had to admit again to him nothing could ever work. Maybe he would be better off with Hinata, she'd make a more pleasing partner than she would.

Plus Sasuko never really deserved him at all and Itachi always will have better luck with anything than she has. Like love. Sometimes she really envied her older sister. She was perfect but little did she know she did have her own imperfections like Sasuko did.

Naruto never deserved her anyways. Someone like her who came from a clan filled with hatred, who is cold, who never really was well at explaining and showing this emotion of love, who treated him bad..

The younger Uchiha laid in her bed without moving. The blanket covering half of her body while her upper half was exposed, she had her hands behind her head, pondering in her own thoughts. “Why do I even love that dobe…”

She cursed the day she fell in love with that dobe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 62 6
you're a young teen superhero who saves people but they don't appreciate you because you cause property damage and hurt people even when you try not...
222K 5.3K 41
The multiverse is nothing new to our friendly neighbourhood Spider-man. 8 months into his hero carrier he had to team up with an army of Spider power...
20.4K 602 1
Saiki, on his way home after escaping from a certain pesky someone, bumps into a little girl that kept calling him her father out of the blue. Specif...
235K 5K 101
The story is complete. Please excuse my spelling and grammars! If you dislike and commenting some rude things in this story, I don't need you to be h...