The Butterfly Effect {Zanvis...

By katgamez2000

"A tiny butterfly flapping it's wings today, may lead to a devastating hurricane weeks from now." Def.- n. "... More

Prologue
I - Grief
II - Denial
III - Anger
IV - Bargaining
V - Depression
VI - Acceptance
!!Teaser!!
A/N - Livestream

VII - Sin

642 34 68
By katgamez2000

"I would rather be known in life, as an honest sinner, than a lying hypocrite."

~~~

Left: 15

🌟Right: 21

Route: "B"

"Um...right," I answered after a second, of collecting my thoughts. "We'll go...right..."

Wait, but we weren't-

"Cool!" Ivy dashed off to the fork in the road.

I stumbled after her, getting used to standing on my feet. I was so light-headed, and my stomach was churning. What caused that little scene in my head? It was so...random...

"Hurry up!" Ivy whisper-yelled. "I ain't going back with 'em!"

I nodded, quickening my pace. I caught up to Ivy, only because she stopped halfway down the road. She stared straight ahead of her, expressions blank- as she clutched at something in her pocket.

"Wha...what's the...matter..?" I asked in between heavy breaths. I haven't ran this much in forever.

Ivy reached into her pocket, pulling out a small object. Heading Travis' words of warning, I backed away from her. I narrowed my eye, gritting my teeth.

"What do you have there, Ivy?" I gestured to the object she held, with suspicion lacing my voice.

Ivy shushed me, clicking something in her hand. White lights started flashing in her hand. Wait...is that a fucking bomb?! What the Hell?!

I backed away from her, covering my ears. I whisper-yelled, "what the fuck do you think you're doing?!"

"Shut the Hell up, one-eye!" Ivy shut me up, clicking the object she held.

Instead of an explosion, like I would've expected, a small, white beam projected from her hand. What she held, was like a flashlight of some sort. I cocked my head to the side, surprised that this wasn't a weapon of some sorts.

"What is that?"

"Hard to explain," Ivy spun around, chucking the object into the deep forest. She chuckled, turning back to face me. "It'll keep dem pigs off our trail, though. Trust me on 'dis one."

'Don't trust her'

That's what Travis' spirit had told me... I'm so utterly confused. Is this the 'her' that he was referring to? If so, should I trust her? But, what if he's talking about someone else... Might as well remain a bit wary of her... Ivy is a wanted criminal after all. My fugitive buddy.

"Uh...right..," I cleared my throat.

"Keep going straight ahead," the voice from before, returned.

"Continue on ahead," I followed his instructions.

I threw my hands in the pockets of my hoodie, strolling forwards. I had no idea where exactly I was going. My original destination was left, towards the outskirts of the city. I have no idea what is right... But it seems to be the right way, according to the voice and Travis' spirit thing.

Then, that's when we arrived somewhere...unfamiliar. I looked out, a bit confused on my whereabouts. I've done quite a bit of exploring around the outside of the cemetery, but have never seen this place before. How is that even possible? It's almost like...magic.

The area surrounding the two of us, was almost like ruins. A barren wasteland. I turned to look at Ivy, who was just as confused as I was. Giving a small nod, we proceeded forwards.

"Almost there..."

"We're almost there," I repeated, waving Ivy to follow me.

My feet almost seemed to lead us to a certain destination. It was almost like, I had no control over my movements. They just, did their own thing.

"How the diddly darn fuck, is there ruins, out here in the darn forest?" Ivy surveyed the area, her blue eyes filled with disbelief and wonder.

"No damn clue," I muttered under my breath.

Eventually, the two of us arrived in front of an old ruined building. I nodded at her once again, as we stepped inside. At the far end of the hall, there was a shrine of some sort.

Ivy stood in the doorway, as I took a few steps forward. "If dis is some freaky cult ritual thang, I don' wanna be part of any of 't. You do your own thing."

"Right...stay here...I'll be right back," I walked up towards the shrine.

I knelt down before it, trailing my finger against the surface. It didn't seem like anything too special. Until my finger was able to clear away a bit of dust... Then, I noticed a bit of scripture engraved into the surface.

"To whomever may inquire about the goddess Irene's power, held before the statue, a sacrifice must be made.

First, a section of an article of clothing, of a bearer's cherished one.

Next, the droplet of the bearer's blood.

Then, a confession, of the bearer's worst sin.

And at last, a butterfly's wing."

I stood up, confused. What did all this mean? Why did I have to come here? Is this a task meant for me to do. Nonetheless, I stepped back over to Ivy, contemplating the requests of the scripture.

"So, what next?" Ivy rose an eyebrow at me.

'A section of an article of clothing, of a bearer's cherished one'

I fished into my pockets, pulling out a piece of the cloth of Garroth's flannel. I ripped it off of him, while I was applying the bandages. I have never been more thankful for stabbing my brother, than ever.

'The droplet of the bearer's blood'

"Ivy, weird question, do you have like...a needle or pin, or something?" I asked out of the blue.

Ivy reached into the back of her hair, pulling out a few pins. She then bent down, pulling a couple needles out of her black boot. Holy shit. Is she magic or some shit?

"How else am I gonna pick locks, without hair pins, and needles in your boots? Girl always gots to be prepared," Ivy handed me them. I can prick my finger later. And, worry about the confession until afterwards.

'A butterfly's wing'

I darted outside to the wasteland, looking all over. To my luck, I spotted a small grassland clearing. And to my luck, a few butterflies hung around the flowers there. I smiled under my mask, running back in to Ivy.

"Ivy, can you do me one last huge favour?" I basically pleaded.

"Sure, kid. What 'tis is?"

I pointed outside, at the clearing. "Can you catch and kill a butterfly for me? I need it's wing!"

"This ain't gonna summon a demon, or tornado, or sometin' is it?" Ivy bit her lip, crossing her arms.

"Absolutely not!" I partially lied. I had no idea what it was gonna do. But, it didn't really matter to me. "Please? I beg of you."

Ivy hesitated a moment, before nodding. "I trust you, kid. Be right back."

Ivy walked over to the clearing, where the butterflies were. Moments later, she returned, wing in hand. I thanked her, carefully taking it from her. Jogging over to the scripture, I placed the objects down on three podiums. Patiently, I waited for something to happen...

...

"Zane, confess your worst sin."

My worst sin? I barely know what that is! I have no idea half the shit I've done... Nor, do I wanna confess to them... But, this thing doesn't know me... I can say anything... What is closest to my 'worst sin', though..?

---

VOTE:

A.) "I am a thief."

B.) "I have lied to hurt others."

C.) "I have committed murder."

---

Voting: Closed

~Every Action Has It's Consequences. Choose Wisely~

~~~

*ART AT THE TOP, WAS DRAWN BY Rainbow_RavenX3 ! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 💜💜 *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 1.6K 23
I had never felt this way before, I had never felt the immediate butterflies swarm my stomach as soon as I saw them, but this was different. As soon...
132 14 11
'He's always been like that. So determined yet understanding, a combination that pisses me off to no end and renders me speechless, every time. Yet...
24.6K 653 22
The Butterfly effect. A tiny butterfly flapping its wings may lead to a devastating hurricane weeks from now. Tiny butterfly, devastating hurricane...
26.1K 960 40
CONTENT CONTAINS : MENTAL ILLNESS DRUG USE & VIOLENCE IF YOU'RE EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! • " There's a new photographer comin...