It's All Over

بواسطة SuperCrush

Many strange things are happening to Tess, she feels like she is being targeted by motorcyclists. Then one da... المزيد

What If... What Would You Do?
Chapter 1: Party Like There's No Tomorrow
Chapter 2: Last words
Chapter 4: Nightmares
Chapter 5: Don't Judge a Book by its Cover
Chapter 6: Ruined
chapter 7: The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Chapter 3: The Truth Hurts

53 6 0
بواسطة SuperCrush

Author's note:

sorry the last chapter was so short, i had terrible writers block. but this time, i will give u alot 2 read 2 make up 4 that :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom drove me up Tyler's driveway. His house loomed over us, casting a long, dark shadow since the sun was positioned behind it. He lived in one of those old Victorian styled houses dated back in the 1940's. A new patch of paint covered some of the dry, pale paint that was peeling after facing weather for 70 years. The wooden stairs creaked as I stepped up them to the front door. There was no doorbell, so I gently knocked. My knuckles turned white after a few seconds when I knocked again.

The hinges that kept the ancient door from falling off squeaked as the door opened. Tyler stepped out and smiled at me," Hey!" He nodded in my direction, then turned to my mother," Nice to see you."

My mother forced a smile and nodded slightly, her eyes narrowing. Tyler turned away," Come on in." My mom gave me a long hug as if it was the last time she would see me. I was surprised she was letting me come over, since she didn't like Tyler. But I had told her there was something troubling me, I guess she thought I was going to break up with him. Though she might be right, once Tyler learns the truth, he might end it.

I stepped inside his house that smelled of old lady perfume and dust. We entered the living room and sat on the couch. Tyler flipped through the channels on his T.V. that matched the house, it was just a small square box with 5 channels, so it didn't take long for him to flip through them.

"Tyler, I have something to tell you something," I fiddled with my thumbs. He removed his arm from my shoulder that I didn't realize was placed around me.

"Yes?" He asked, not really paying attention.

"At the beach party the other night," I hesitated. Should I tell him? I asked myself. I took a deep breathe," Derick kissed me..."

That sure got his attention. "What!" He screamed.

"We were talking, and he just leaned in to me! I didn't kiss him back, I swear!" I held my hands in surrender.

He stood up and pointed towards the door," OUT!" I grabbed my stuff and rushed to the door. Tyler slammed the door behind me. Tears streamed down my face. I fumbled with my phone, trying to send my mom a quick text, but the battery died. I wish I could have driven myself home the 6 miles, but i didn't have my licence, I was only 15.

I started the treacherous hike home. It felt like one of those movies where this girl is driving, but her car breaks down. She starts walking and a car splashes water on her, and then her heel breaks. Except what happened to me was much worse. One, it was raining. Two, I slipped in a puddle. Three, as I was crossing the road, a car almost hit me. Four, a tree almost fell on me after being hit by lightening. And five, I got lost.

I walked on the slippery sidewalk, dark clouds loomed above me. Suddenly, the hum of an engine interrupted the silence. A motorcycle pulled up next to me, followed by many others. All had burly, scary men gripping the handle bars. The one that was next to me had a leather jacket, the sleeves ripped off. Without the sleeves, I could smell his armpits, which strangely smelled of pee. He sneered at me, his yellow teeth slowly decaying, I shuddered.

"Hey, babe. Why don't you sit your ass down on my bike, and I can take you for a ride, if you know what I mean," His little gang punched one another and laughed.

I looked away and tried to walk faster. He followed me on his bike. When he saw I wasn't going to respond, he got off the bike. He walked toward me with outstretched hands, as if he was going to grab me. Immediately, I reached for my mace, which I usually carried in my purse with me, but I couldn't find it.

I shook my head, backing off. The man laughed. Then he lunged for me. A scream emerged from my mouth. He reached all over my body. I squirmed and wriggled. My foot made contact with his groind, but he barely flinched. One of his men from his gang grabbed my hands and forced them behind my back. The motorcyclist traced the length of my body, first my neck and arm, then my waist. When he reached my leg, I slipped my hand from his henchman's grasp and punched him hard in the nose.

He stumbled back, which gave me an advantage. I kicked him in an unknown area, it was hard to tell from how fat he was, but it was a soft spot. He fell to the ground. The rest of his gang attacked me, but there was too many of them. One of them tied my arms behind me and put a gag around my mouth.

Before they could dump me on the back of a motorcycle, a dark car screeched to a stop. A boy in his teens jumped out with a crowbar and started doing some major damage. Men fell to the ground one by one. I tried to run, but three men surrounded me. They kicked me to the ground.

The boy with the crowbar had defeated everyone but the thugs around me. I moaned in pain on the ground. They stopped kicking and faced the boy. The smallest attacked first, and the boy knocked him down in one strike. The next one lunged at him with a stick in hand. The boy knocked the stick out of his hand and stabbed the motorcyclists in the groind.

The last thug was huge. He removed a chain from around his waist that he had been using as a belt and swung it around. The boy stepped back. I whimpered as the chain made contact with the boy's left eye. He didn't hit back. The man ran for him, but as he did, his pants fell down, revealing unicorn underwear. The boy smirked and hit him with the crowbar.

The boy looked around at the fallen gang, then he noticed me. He ran over to my side and untied the rope and gag. I looked up at the boy's face," Derick?"

"yeah, and shh," He put his finger to his lips and carried me to his car. Derick lay me down in the back seat, just as I blacked out.

                                                                     ***

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. A queen sized bed had a mold of my body imprinted in the temperpedic mattress. A laptop sat on a desk, lasers dancing across the screen, and a window was opened slightly to let a soft breeze in.

I sat up and looked for my bag. It lay on the floor at feet. I shuffled around in it, searching for my phone, but the battery was still dead. I tossed the phone back in the bag, and kicked it angrily. My foot hit something hard. When I looked down, I saw the crowbar from the night before. I didn't even blink as I stared at the weapon. Tiny blood stains dotted the gray metal.

Then there came a knock on the door. Without thinking, I snatched the crowbar and crept next to the door. The door handle twisted, and I tensed. The door opened and I swung the crowbar. With ninja like reflexes, an arm reached out and grabbed my arm, then took the crowbar and threw it. The window smashed into thousands of little pieces.

"Nice job," I smirked, examining the broken shards on the floor. When I turned around, I saw Derick. He had a black eye from when the chain had hit him, and scratches covered his face and arms.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" I reached out and touched his eye.

He winced," Yeah, I'm fine. You're the one who got tied up by some thugs and blacked out in my backseat."

"Thanks for that by the way. But you should really put some ice on that," I insisted.

" Don't worry," He glanced around the room.

"Holy shit! My mom is probably freaking out!" I reached for my bag.

"It's fine, I found her number in the phone book and called her. You worry too much," Derick noted.

"So where am I?" I asked.

"My apartment. I usually come here once a week, to spend some time away from my annoying family. Your lucky I was here tonight. You got attacked just down the street," He kicked the glass shards into a pile in the corner.

I nodded and gave Derick a small smile. Derick left the room and motioned for me to follow him. The apartment wasn't very big. There were only two bedrooms, a small kitchen, a living room, one bathroom, and a tiny eating area.

Derick opened the fridge and offered me a soda.

"No thanks. Do you have any water?" After being knocked out, I didn't think a soda was a good idea.

He poured me a glass,"Why were you even walking down that street? Those guys pretty much own it, it isn't safe."

I turned away. I didn't really want to tell him that Tyler and I had broken up, and that I had to walk home in the rain because my battery died. Or that I didn't even know where I was.

"Is everything alright?" He asked. Derick reached out to touch my shoulder, but quickly pulled away.

I couldn't hold the tears, or the truth, back. I told him everything that happened, Tyler breaking u with me when I told him the truth, how my phone died, how I got lost, and what the guys had been doing before he had arrived.

Still shedding tears, I looked back up. Derick was staring at me. Then, before I could do anything, Derick leaned in and kissed me. But this time, I didn't pull away. We leaned into each other.

When we finally pulled away, I was out of breathe. Derick looked away," I... uh... Sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

I touched his arm," It's okay." We stood there for a few seconds, not saying anything.

Derick cleared his throat," Well, I better get you home." I nodded. He put his jacket over my torn clothes. Grabbing my bag, we headed out the door.

After walking down a dark hallway, we came to the elevators. Derick pushed the up button.

"Um, Derick. Shouldn't we be going down?" I pointed out. He didn't reply. The familiar Ding! erupted from the elevator. Derick took my hand, and lead me in to elevator, pressing the 15. The elevator lurched as it went up. We came to the top floor. He dragged me to the stairs, which lead us to the roof.

"Uh, Derick? What are you doing?" I asked. He put his finger to my lips, Then he covered my eyes.

"No peeking," He teased. His hand smelled of germ-X. When he finally took his hand away, I gasped. From the roof top, you could see for miles. The sun peeked out from behind the trees, playing peek-a-boo! I ran to the edge of the roof and closed my eyes. The breeze played with my hair and birds sang. Derick came up behind me and chuckled. I opened my eyes and turned around.

"What are you laughing about?" I asked.

"I thought you would enjoy this after..." He trailed off.

I nodded," It's bueatiful! But I should really go."

"Okay," He put his arm around my shoulder.

I gave him a warning look. He removed his arm and held his hands in surrender. I laughed. We headed down to the lobby and looked for his car in the parking lot.

"Oh shit!" I whispered.

"What?" Derick asked. He followed my gaze to where his car was parked, and there was Tyler, leaning against it, glaring at me.

واصل القراءة