A Month To Live

By OmfgItsBecky

What would you do if you had a month to live? With overbearing parents and inattentive friends, Raegan decide... More

A Month To Live (1)
A Month To Live (2)
A Month To Live (3)
A Month To Live (4)
A Month To Live (5)
A Month To Live (6)
A Month To Live (7)
A Month To Live (8)
A Month To Live (9)
A Month To Live (10)
A Month To Live - Bradley (11)
A Month To Live (12)
A Month To Live (13)
A Month To Live (14)
A Month To Live (15)
A Month To Live (16)
A Month To Live (17)
A Month To Live (18)
A Month To Live (19)
A Month To Live (20)
A Month To Live (21)
A Month To Live (22)
A Month To Live (23)
A Month To Live (24)
A Month To Live (25)
A Month To Live (26)
A Month To Live (27)
A Month To Live (28)
A Month To Live (29)
A Month To Live (30)
A Month To Live (31)
A Month To Live (32)
A Month To Live (33)
A Month To Live (34)
A Month To Live (35)
A Month To Live (36)
A Month To Live - Bradley (37)
A Month To Live (38)
A Month To Live (40)
A Month To Live - The Thirieth (41)
A Month To Live (42)
A Month To Live (43)
A Month To Live (44)
A Month To Live (45)
A Month To Live (46)
A Month To Live (47)
A Month To Live (Epilogue)

A Month To Live (39)

18.1K 588 244
By OmfgItsBecky

'Hey,' Bradley said, poking me. 'Wake up.'

'No,' I grumbled, pulling the covers up higher over my head to escape the morning light.

'Yes,' he chuckled, tugging the cover down again.

'What?' I asked, opening my eyes and scowling up at him.

'I've got to go for a few hours,' Bradley said. His hand was pressed next to my head to support himself as he leaned over me.

'Mmm... why are you telling me what I already know?' I murmured.

'I thought leaving a note would be mean,' he smiled. 'Girls don't seem happy with guys when they leave notes on the bed. You know, in the movies.'

'You're mean for waking me up,' I grumbled. 'But also kind of adorable for that last part,' I added reluctantly. I reached up and patted him on the cheek.

'Sorry,' he said, smile widening.

'Stop lingering and go to your football thing,' I yawned, shoving his arm so he almost lost balance.

'Yeah, yeah. Don't miss me too much.'

'Oh, Bradley I will,' I said sarcastically. 'Please don't leave me here in your bed... all alone.'

'Your request is tempting,' he said slowly as if actually considering it. 'But I really have to go,' he added with a wink before pulling the covers back over me again and pushing away.

'Shut up and go,' I mumbled. Go now so you can return quickly.

I snuggled back down into the bed. The sheets and pillow drowned me in his scent and I ended up passing out again for another couple hours.

I was woken up by Remi in the end and she forced me downstairs to make a nice breakfast. She really was rather useless with any kitchen skills. After eating, I ran back upstairs and got washed and dressed before making up Bradley's bed. I ended up collapsing on it a few seconds later and just laying there spread eagled.

'Raegan,' Remi called from the doorway. 'Get your ass up!' I mumbled something indistinctive before pushing my face away from the mattress and rolling onto my back. 'Tara's on her way over,' she told me. 'We wanted to just watch a load of movies and eat crappy food,' she added. 'Plus we need to interrogate her about George!'

'Okay, okay,' I agreed hastily.

'Hey grab Bradley's comforter, I'll get mine too and there should be another one in the cupboard at the top of the stairs,' she shouted as she headed off down the hall.

I scowled at the newly made bed before yanking the comforter back off and wrapping it around my shoulders as I made my way downstairs.

Tara arrived not long after, sporting a slight hangover, just as I pulled the popcorn from the microwave and poured it into a bowl.

'Hey,' Tara says as I turned to face her. 'Popcorn,' she added with a dreamy look on her face.

'Remi is going all out on the junk food,' I smirked

'I swear they have a whole cupboard full.'

'We do, I have a secret stash and I suspect Bradley has one too,' Remi said as she waltzed into the room, tying her hair up. She pulled open a cupboard on the other side of the kitchen and reached on the tips of her toes for the top shelf. Her hand closed around a bag and she pulled it down. 'I love jelly worms,' she commented.

'So does Bradley,' I chuckled. Now I knew where both of their stashes were. All the junk food was under my control.

'You would know,' Tara snorted

I rolled my eyes and headed towards the lounge, dumping the popcorn bowl onto the coffee table as Remi tipped out a brown bag full of candies. I grimaced at the liquorice. Gross.

'How're you not the size of a whale?' I asked her interestedly.

'Fast metabolism,' she grinned. 'I already picked out the movies,' she added, flicking on the TV. 'So now we get onto the subject of you and George,' Remi said once we were all cosy in the couch.

'There isn't much too it,' Tara laughed, rolling her eyes. 'We were on the phone kind of late and all of a sudden he says 'I'm coming over.' So he does come over and then he just asks me to be his girlfriend!' Tara explained. 'I told him yes and that was it. I made him go home though and he actually left,' she laughed.

I remembered then that George had mentioned someone persuading Tara to take a chance on him. He thought I'd managed to convince her but I literally had no time to do so. Maybe Remi?

'Who made you see the light?' I asked.

'What d'you mean?' Tara said.

'George said someone persuaded you to take a chance on him,' I shrugged. 'He thought it was me.'

'Oh that,' Tara said, rolling her eyes. 'Yeah it was Bradley.'

'Bradley?' Remi and I said in unison in matching surprised tones.

'Yeah, he spoke to me about it last week,' Tara nodded. 'Him and George are like best friends, aren't they? So I kind of expected it.'

'I guess so,' Remi said, shooting a smirk towards me. 'Now someone just needs to thank him for us.'

'Just play the damn film,' I scowled, snatching Bradley's comforter off the floor and wrapping it around me like a cocoon.

Remi had chosen a romcom saying that this was one of the only chances she had to watch any girly films. We were surrounded by the guys most of the time so I didn't mind.

'Stupid bitch, why would you trust that guy?' Remi snorted.

'Even after those other girls already warned you about him... and yeah look he's a cheater,' Tara sighed.

'People in films are stupid,' I tutted.

'So are you guys,' someone said from behind us. I jumped in surprise at George's sudden appearance and was instantly grateful that we hadn't been watching a horror. I honestly think I would have had a heart attack.

'Who invited you into my house?' Remi demanded.

'I did,' he said shrugging. He leaned over and pulled Tara's face towards his planting a kiss on her lips.

'Ew not in my face thanks,' Remi scowled.

'You can't talk,' Tara scowled poking her in the side.

'I just did,' Remi quipped.

'Stop arguing, children,' Bradley said, stretching his arms above his head as he came in the room.

'How was your guy's football thing?' I asked, turning towards them.

'Long and long,' George replied. He sat down on the floor, leaning his back on Tara's legs.

'It wasn't that bad,' Bradley laughed.

'That's because coach is in love with you,' George snorted. 'We are definitely not watching this,' he added with a scowl.

'Hey, you don't get to decide,' Remi said, whacking a cushion over his head. Keep your man under control, Tara.'

'I need to buy him a leash first,' she smirked.

'I'm not a dog!' George exclaimed, jumping in to defend himself.

'Close enough,' I muttered. I jerked my leg away when I see him take a swipe for it and laughed. 'Too slow.'

'Are those my gummy worms?' Bradley asked accusingly from his perch on the armchair.

'They're Remi's,' I informed him. 'But mine now,' I added, dangling the last one in the air teasingly. He made a swipe for it but I pulled my hand back swiftly.

'No stealing,' I warned.

'It's called borrowing and not giving back actually,' he corrected, making a grab for my hand. I tucked it under the covers out of sight and he gave me an accusing look. 'That's my comforter too!'

'Blame Remi,' I said innocently.

'It was all Raegan,' Remi said. 'She wanted a small part of you with her she told me.'

'Liar!' I laughed, glancing over at her.

'I knew you'd miss me, Raegan, but this is taking it a bit too far,' Bradley tutted.

'I was going to give you this but I've decided against it now,' I mused, pulling the gummy worm out from under the cover and sighing. I was about to bite into it but he grabbed me.

'Oh no you don't!' he said as I tried to wriggle from his grasp. I ended up falling ass first on the floor and wincing.

'Oof,' I complained. 'This is still mine,' I added, biting the worm's head off quickly. 'Mhm tastes so good.'

'I'll still eat the rest,' Bradley snorted, reaching down. I caught hold of his hand and yanked him down onto the floor beside me. I had to use my whole weight and even then it was a struggle. He was a hell of a lot stronger than me.

'You guys are like kids,' George snorted.

'Shut up,' I rolled my eyes at him. Bradley was inching towards me so I tossed myself under the covers for protection.

'Annoying,' I heard him complain. A second later he joined me under the comforter, pulling it up above his head too. 'Please?' he said with a pout.

'You're such a child,' I laughed, offering him the other half of the worm.

'I know,' he smirked. He slowly leaned forward and took it out of my hand with his teeth, making me narrow my eyes.

'Animal.'

'You shouldn't have taken the worm away then,' he replied.

'Your conversation sounds pretty dirty from out here,' Kyle said.

'It's exactly what it sounds like,' Bradley called out as I scowled.

'It is not!' I replied, punching him in the chest.

'Don't lie, sweet cheeks.'

'Idiot,' I scowled, turning onto my stomach and yanking the covers below my head as I propped myself up on my elbow.

'Why has everyone suddenly appeared?' I asked, noticing Lisa and Davy together in an armchair whispering together.

'It's a Saturday,' Lisa said, turning her attention from Davy. 'There's nothing to do around here,' she added.

'Wish we lived in a more eventful town,' Remi complained.

'Yeah this kind of sucks, sitting around all day,' Davy sighed.

'We could play strip poker,' George suggested. Remi and I burst out laughing as Tara scowled at him.

'You're a moron,' I grinned. I looked down and lifted the comforter slightly to see Bradley's face. 'Wake up,' I said, flicking his forehead.

'I woke up early, leave me alone,' he yawned.

'Nine isn't that early,' I pointed out.

'It is for me, you make me sleep in nearly every morning,' he said, opening his eyes and squinting up at me.

'I don't make you,' I smirked.

'Liar,' he said, reaching up and pulling on the ends of my hair.

I jumped as I heard a sudden round of coughing and indistinctive words. Everyone had started getting to their feet and leaving. Tara and Remi were giving each other a meaningful look.

'What's going on?' I asked.

'Leaving,' George said.

'Where?'

'Away from you two.'

'Huh?'

'We're going to go out and leave you two to play with the "jelly worm",' he snorted.

I opened my mouth to protest but Bradley spoke up first, cutting me off.

'Sure, leave faster if you're going then,' he said swiftly.

I looked down at him but he simply tugged on my arm until I laid down beside him and tucked his arm under my head.

'At least wait until we're gone,' Remi complained before closing the door behind them. I heard the faint sound of their retreating voices and the front door closing. I raised my eyebrow at Bradley.

'I'm tired,' he said in explanation. 'It's better without them all here.'

'I'll go too then,' I smirked, making to get up.

'No you will not,' he grumbled, pulling me back down.

'Why?' I asked softly.

'Because you're my favourite,' he murmured.

'Oh.'

'Shh, I'm trying to sleep,' he said, closing his eyes

'How can you sleep on the floor?' I asked.

'I can sleep anywhere,' he said slowly. 'Coach kept bugging me today about the football thing,' he added after a long pause.

'I thought you wanted to sleep,' I replied, turning to find his eyes already on me. 'He still trying to get you to accept the offer?'

'Uh-huh,' he said, keeping my gaze.

'Just accept it, you know you want to,' I said. 'And you may as well give it a try.'

'I'm still debating,' he murmured, finally looking away.

'Time waster,' I mumbled, turning my face to the ceiling. 'You know you'll accept it eventually.'

'Is someone getting impatient?' he asked. He curled his arm up, the one which was under my head, and it forced me to face him.

'No,' I scowled.

'You are,' he smirked, slipping some of his fingers into my hair. 'But I'm the king of patience.'

'Hmm, I suppose I haven't really seen you angry a lot,' I murmured. 'That's more like control though, not patience.'

'They're practically the same thing,' he replied, fingers grazing over my ear.

'I suppose...'

'But I'm good at both,' he said quietly.

'But you're not modest,' I smiled.

'Never said I was,' he winked.

'Idiot,' I laughed.

'Is that my nickname or something? Because I need you to come up with something a lot more endearing than that.'

'No, your nickname is Brad,' I smirked. He scowled slightly. 'I knew you didn't like being called that. Why d'you hate it so much?' I asked curiously, shifting my cheek against his arm slightly.

'I don't,' he admitted with an unamused smile. 'But I prefer not to be called it.'

'Why?' I asked. 'Did your mom used to call you it?' I added as the thought struck me.

'Not my mom,' he said.

'Your dad?'

'Nope,'

'Remi?'

'No-one in the family,' he said, pulling a face. He usually only wore that expression when we were talking about-

'Tommy called you it!' I said slowly, a smile growing on my face.

'Unfortunately, yes,' he scowled.

'And it reminds you of him. Ah, you miss him, that's cute,' I laughed, reaching over and pinching his cheek. His scowl only grew.

'I do not miss him!' he grumbled.

'You want your best friend back,' I teased.

'I don't!'

'You're denying it too much!'

'I'm going to sleep,' he announced, pulling the covers back over his face, leaving only his hair visible

'You don't have to hide it from me,' I grinned, trying to hold back my laughter.

'I wish you went off with the others,' he complained loudly.

'I can still go,' I said, quickly attempting to get up. His arms snagged around me, though, and he pulled me back down to him.

'No, you're warm,' he muttered, pulling the cover over us both and forcing his arm under my head once more. 'Like a human hot water bottle,' he added, as his other hand pressed against the small of my back until my body was flush against his.

I felt my breath catch in my throat. It was one thing snuggling up to him at night in the dark but in the daytime it all seemed kind of different. More real. His chest and stomach were rock solid compared to my own softness but oddly enough we kind of fit together well. I couldn't help but snake my arm around his waist to draw him, if possible, closer. I felt him let out a low breath, not a sigh but something else. His fingers wound into my hair again and started trailing across my scalp. He knew I liked that and I felt myself melting into him.

'It'd be better if we weren't on the floor,' I mumbled against his chest. I was attempting to be subtle at breathing in his delicious scent.

'I don't want to get up.'

'Lazy.'

'No... well yeah,' he admitted. 'I like being lazy with you,' he added quietly after a long moment.

'Me too.'

* * *

We ended up snoozing for a while and hanging out watching movies for the rest of the day. We ate a shit load of junk food too and didn't even bother making a substantial lunch.

Kyle and Remi returned to the house at about four and Bradley left me with them as he went to get changed into comfier clothes to lounge around in. He should have done it hours ago. I was just thinking about what we could have to dinner when Kyle surprised me.

'Hey, Raegan can I talk to you?' he asked.

'Why am I not involved?' Remi demanded curiously.

'It's about your birthday next month,' he smirked at her.

'You'd better be planning something good,' she warned. 'It's my eighteenth after all.'

'You'll only have the best,' I said slightly guiltily. I wouldn't exactly be there to see that. I swallowed nervously.

'Okay go,' she said, dismissively.

Kyle and I made our way upstairs to the other lounge and I chewed my lower lip nervously. I had the suspicion he didn't want to talk about Remi's birthday at all.

'It's Saturday,' Kyle said as we both sat down on one of the sofas.

'I know.'

'And the thirtieth is on Wednesday,' he added.

'I know.'

'And Bradley certainly doesn't know yet. You haven't mentioned it to him.

I let out a shaky sigh. 'He doesn't know.'

'What have you gotten yourself into?' Kyle muttered, running his hand through his hair roughly.

'A fucking mess, that's what,' I replied.

'So on Wednesday you're going to...'

'Take the day off school and tell him,' I said slowly.

'And how exactly are you going to simply "tell him"?' Kyle asked, looking over at me in disbelief.

'Any suggestions?' I asked dryly.

'I... really have no idea,' he said, shaking his head slowly. 'I mean how can you just... tell someone that?'

'Doctors do it all the time,' I mumbled.

'But they don't know the patient like a friend,' Kyle sighed. 'And you guys are more than just friends - even if you'll barely admit it.'

'I'll admit it,' I shrugged.

No point in hiding anything from Kyle. It was kind of strange how easy it was to talk about all this stuff with him. I supposed it was because... well we weren't anywhere near as close. He found out about my condition when we barely knew each other so he kind of knew from the get go. We were definitely closer now but it was nothing near to Bradley and I.

'I guess this makes it even harder for you to-'

'I know,' I said, gritting my teeth. 'I really... I-' I broke off. I didn't allow myself to put into words the way I felt about Bradley. It was easier to pretend otherwise that way. 'Maybe in another life, y'know,' I murmured.

'I know you said you didn't want pity, Raegan but... fuck you're making it difficult for me right now,' Kyle said lowly, running a hand over his jaw.

'Don't,' I whispered. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath. 'Please just don't,' I added firmly, forcing my feelings back down in the tightly locked box where they had to remain for the time being.

'I'm sorry,' he said with a sigh. 'I wish I could just... make things right for you, you don't deserve this at all.'

'Shit happens,' I said gruffly.

'I know but-' he broke off suddenly and I wondered for a moment if he was about to tell me something really emotional. Instead my heart just about stopped beating in my chest when he said 'Bradley.'

I snapped my head around instantly and saw Bradley in the doorway frozen. Thankfully, he wasn't looking at me. His eyes were focused on Kyle and I could see conflicting emotions crossing his face. How much did he hear?

'You... know?' Bradley asked in a tight voice. I felt my stomach drop and I truly considered running to the bathroom because of felt like I was going to throw up all over the carpet.

'Yeah but Bradley she didn't-' Kyle began quickly, getting to his feet. I jumped up too and was surprised that my shaky legs even supported my weight.

When his eyes turned to me I could see the hurt before he replaced it with a hard look.

'I'll just leave you guys alone then,' he said coldly.

'Bradley,' I whispered, my eyes widening. 'Please-'

I broke off at the angry look he gave me and within a second he'd left and slammed the door behind him. I felt my lower lip wobbling and squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to control my emotions.

'Fuck!' I yelled, wanting to punch something. There was nothing really appropriate around, though, and as it wasn't my house I had to hold in my self hate for now. 'What the fuck am I doing?' I asked myself before heading towards the door. I needed to fix this with Bradley immediately and not slum around in self pity city.

'Raegan,' Kyle said, making me pause just as I reached for the handle. It took almost all of my self control to not ignore him and run after Bradley. 'Maybe it would be easier if he stayed mad at you,' he murmured. I turned to him with a confused look. 'Easier to say... goodbye,' he clarified hesitantly.

He was right really. Leaving this tear between me and Bradley would make it easier on him in the end But then again, I'd be lying more.

'I... I can't do that,' I said slowly.

'Then,' Kyle sighed, offering me a weak smile. 'I'd hurry up and go after him.'

I didn't waste another second. I yanked open the door and headed for his bedroom, hoping that he had gone there rather than leaving the house. I was counting on the fact that even though he'd be beyond pissed at me, I was sure he'd give me time to explain.

I pushed open his bedroom door and slammed it behind me immediately as I spotted him. I leaned back against it so he couldn't attempt to escape. He scowled at me and paced slowly up and down his room. His look made me wince. He'd never looked at me like that before. He was super angry at me.

'Bradley-' I started, pushing myself away from the door.

'He knows?' he asked furiously before I could go on. 'You told him willingly? You didn't even tell me!

'I didn't-' I began.

'I can't believe you told him,' he ranted, turning away and pacing faster.

'Bradley!' I exclaimed, lurching towards him. 'I didn't tell him!'

'Then how does he know?' Bradley demanded in a louder voice, not focusing on me properly.

'He found out!' I yelled, trying to grab his attention. It seemed to work because he blinked and turned to face me. 'That fucking Benny guy from my old school told him! We saw him at the carnival... remember. I wasn't even there else I would have stopped him!'

'Found out?' Bradley repeated slowly.

'Yes,' I sighed angrily. 'Why else would he know? Why the hell would I tell him? I mean, no offense - I like the guy but shit he's not exactly the first person I'd go spilling my problems out to!'

'I don't know,' Bradley grumbled. 'You two seemed quite comfortable talking about it just then...'

'He was trying to help me! Besides,' I added with a scowl. 'Since when do I have the hots for every guy I talk to?'

'Why couldn't you ask me for help?' he asked, apparently ignoring the last part. 'I thought we were -' he stopped and let out a long breath.

'It was about you,' I murmured

'About...?' he repeated.

'How to... tell you,' I said, hoping my voice wouldn't crack. I suddenly felt all the energy drain from me and rubbed my temple suspiciously as I leant back against the door. I had the feeling that this sudden stress would bring on a headache any minute now.

'Oh,' he said meekly.

I let the silence hang between us and glared at the floor.

'Raegan...' he said hesitantly.

'What?' I asked him, almost a growl.

I guess I was pissed that he thought the worst of me. Any idiot could see how I felt about him, I just assumed he'd know I wouldn't intentionally hurt him. Except for... well the whole having to tell him I was going to-

He sighed.

'Look I just got... annoyed okay?' he said, rubbing the back of his head and stopping in front of me.

'Okay,' I replied stiffly.

'Raegan,' he said again. 'I'm sorry. Please... come on, you'd assume the worst too.'

'I guess so,' I muttered before taking in a breath. 'Whatever Bradley,' I said, shaking my head sharply and looking up to meet his eyes. 'It's... different with you. You should know that,' I looked away, unable to hold his gaze. 'Sorry for keeping it from you. I just knew this would happen.'

'It's not your fault,' Bradley said immediately. 'I was just...' he paused and said the last word too quietly for me to hear.

'What?' I asked, narrowing my eyes at him

'I was jealous,' he grumbled.

I blinked at him and noticed his cheeks were slightly pinker than usual. He was acting annoyingly cute right now and it was causing me to slowly release my anger.

'Jealous?' I repeated slowly.

'Yes,' he said grudgingly.

'That's... kind of sweet,' I said, unable to hold back a slight smirk. He scowled.

'No it's not,' he growled in response.

'It is,' I smiled. 'There's nothing to even be... jealous about, though,' I added, smile turning into a frown.

'Yes there is,' he said. 'You're my-' he broke off.

'Your...?' I prodded when he didn't go on.

'Doesn't matter!' he said, shaking his head and trying to backtrack.

'Idiot,' I frowned. 'What were you going to say?'

'Nothing important,' he said, avoiding my gaze.

'You're no fun,' I sighed.

'Tough,' he replied, the corner of his mouth tilting up in the slightest.

'So you're not pissed off anymore?' I asked slowly.

'Not at you,' he said, eyes drifting to the door behind me.

'Kyle didn't do anything wrong!' I exclaimed.

'Call me childish, but I'm still pissed off at him. He found out before me.'

'You're having a strop?' I snorted, raising my eyebrow.

'No, I'm just being jealous again,' he shrugged,

'Why?' I asked, shaking my head. 'He found out by accident but I'm willingly planning on telling you!'

'I blackmailed you,' he pointed out.

'You did...' I admitted. 'But... I think I probably would have told you anyway.'

'You would have?' he asked, frowning as he looked me over. 'Why?'

'You're my favourite too,' I muttered.

'I am?'

'Obviously,' I sighed. 'I don't know why though,' I grumbled,

His expression warmed then as he met my eyes and I felt any remaining awkwardness between us melt away.

'C'mere,' he murmured, gesturing for me to come forward.

I pushed away from the door without hesitation and stepped into his open arms slightly harder than necessary.

'Eager?' he laughed in my ear.

I ignored him and only squeezed my arms tighter around his waist, clenching my eyes shut. I could feel his heart beating strongly in his chest and let out a sigh of relief. Arguing with him was definitely on the list of shit I never wanted to do again.

'Let's not fight again,' he said, seeming to read my mind.

'Agreed,' I whispered. Although, I was pretty sure it was inevitable.

'And let's not talk to Tommy either,' he added.

'Where did that come from?' I laughed.

'The green beast,' he muttered after a few moments.

'You're jealous of Tommy?' I asked in surprise.

'Let's pretend I didn't say that,' he said slowly.

'Why?'

'Because I'm also jealous of George.'

'What?' I exclaimed, jerking backwards slightly to meet his eyes. 'What're you talking about?'

'George takes you away from me,' he shrugged. 'And Tommy is planning to I'm sure.'

'Take me away...?'

'Yes,' he confirmed. 'You're mine,' he growled in my ear playfully, making me laugh at him. I slid my arms up around his neck and squeezed.

He wasn't wrong though. I was totally his. Body and soul.

'I hang around with Remi and Tara a lot but you're not jealous of them,' I pointed out.

'No competition,' he murmured.

'Competition?'

He didn't reply but he rubbed his cheek against the top of my head affectionately and I felt my heart squeeze.

'Can't believe you thought I'd tell Kyle,' I muttered. 'You really are an idiot.'

'Your favourite one,' he replied with a low laugh.

'God, I wish I never said that,' I scowled.

'It's fine seeing as you're my favourite too,' he whispered by my ear.

I couldn't help but slide my hand into his hair and gently caress him. He made a low noise, which I felt rumble through his chest, and I pulled away slightly to give him a questioning look.

'I like it when you do that,' he admitted in a murmur.

When his dark eyes met my own, I felt a sudden wave of longing crash over me and swallowed as I attempted to control myself. I think he seemed to sense the slight change in me as his eyes dropped from mine and his hands slid lower until they were resting at my hips. He pulled me fractionally closer. This made me snap out of it.

'Good because I like doing it,' I smiled, tightening my fingers in his hair to prove my point. I realised that, that was absolutely the wrong thing to do. When he met my eyes again I could definitely see the heat in them.

'Mmm, keep doing it then,' he suggested quietly.

I lowered my cheek back to his chest, knowing that if I looked at him any longer, it would be impossible to resist temptation. I deserved a fucking medal for this. I stroked back his hair and was incredibly grateful when there was a quiet knock at the door. I took this as my chance to make my escape but his hold on me turned to iron as he said 'come in' to the intruder.

'I heard raised voices,' Remi's voice said quietly. I tried to pull away from him to see her but he refused to let me escape.

'Everything's fine,' Bradley replied evenly, running his hand down my back.

'Kyle seemed pretty worried,' she added.

'There was a misunderstanding,' Bradley replied.

'I realise you can't... tell me but please don't start fights with my boyfriend, Bradley!'

'It's my fault, Remi,' I told her, attempting to pull away again. I scowled as Bradley's grip restricted me, his hand clenched in the back of my t-shirt.

'No,' he breathed only loud enough for me to hear. 'It's no-one's fault,' Bradley said louder. 'I went a bit crazy but I didn't start a fight!'

'Good,' she said. 'I'm going to go find him,' she added. 'He's probably gone out for a walk or something. He better not catch a cold.' I heard the door close behind her as she left.

'This could be considered assault,' I informed Bradley in a playful voice.

'Could be,' he agreed, turning his face into my hair. 'But it's not.'

'I don't think you're my favourite anymore...' I mused.

'Of course I am.'

'And how d'you know that?' I asked him, smiling as I turned my face up into his neck.

I couldn't resist pressing my lips into the small indentation he had just above his collar bone. I felt him stiffen against me and his fingers curled tightly in the back of my top.

'If I wasn't, you would have gone with Remi to find Kyle,' he said, stumbling over his words.

'You're keeping me captive!' I pointed out.

'You haven't asked to be let go yet,' he whispered.

I almost groaned at my own idiocy. He had me there, all right.

'You're so annoying,' I murmured, feeling my cheeks heat up. I tucked my face back against his neck to hide from him.

'And you still haven't asked...' he teased.

'Just shut up and don't let go,' I breathed, tightening my arms around him. He laughed and I felt his hand stroke the back of my head tenderly.

'I won't,' he promised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67 0 35
When Hailey moves into a new town she instantly clicks with Lucas and his friends. The only problem is Hailey found out that her cancer has returned...
3.8K 263 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
32.6K 686 48
Genevieve loves her friends, her family, wants nothing more than to live a "perfect life". She's painfully shy, has never had a boyfriend, and works...
2.8K 237 30
"I guess that's the thing about time. It might not heal wounds; but it does smooth them over." When Jack Summers is diagnosed with terminal cancer, h...