Stuck With You

By MarleeGrey

One elevator ride may be the start of many things. When a group of Seattle's surgeons get stuck in an elevato... More

Lets Play A Game
Break the Silence
Bad Decisions
Consequences
Raise Your Glass

Just My Luck

5.6K 128 114
By MarleeGrey

Exhausted from days worth of work, five interns strolled the halls of Seattle Grace Hospital in grave need of drinks from Emerald city bar. Cristina Yang, Izzie Stevens, Meredith Grey, Alex Karev, and George O'Malley were making their way to a nearby elevator, too tired to even consider the stairs.

They had been working with each other for two years now, almost done their internship. Whether or not they all wanted to admit it, the surgeons were getting closer as friends. Anyone who saw them considered them to be a family, not perfect by any means, but a family all the same.

"Just to inform you all, I rocked my double bypass this afternoon," Cristina bragged, once again reminding everyone that she was the best, no questions asked.

"My interns doing their jobs like they're paid to do?" Dr. Bailey asked. Sarcasm dripped from her tone as she walked up from behind the group. "Impossible."

"Dr. Bai-" Izzie started, Bailey cut her off.

"Stevens, what did I say about talking to me after the shift?" The resident questioned without turing to look at her intern.

"But you're talking to—" Bailey cut her off again.

"Stevens? What did I say?" She demanded.
With an exasperated sigh, Izzie gave up. "That's better," Bailey mumbled. "I'm going to guess your all going to Joe's?"

George responded for them, nodding his head as goofy grin plastered across his face. "That's right."

"Now, that sounds more like my interns."

~~~

For the first time in days, Mark Sloan was going home, to his own bed, to sleep, alone. These days this was a rare occurrence. After more than a day's worth of doing his job and flirting with coworkers, he was tired and ready for sleep. Sliding into the elevator, he was happy to see Addison Montgomery inside. A smirk was pulled to his lips almost immediately.

"Addie, what a pleasant sight."

"I'm not sleeping with you, Mark," Addison informed without turning to face him.

Mock hurt covered his features as he asked, "is sleeping with me really the first that comes to mind every time we meet?"

The neonatal surgeon scoffed, never meeting his eyes. He stepped closer, treading dangerous waters.

Just as the redhead turned to face him, the elevator doors burst opened.

"Why am I not surprised?" Derek questioned, entering the enclosed space.

"It's not what it looks like, Derek," Addison lamely addressed her ex-husband. She quickly stepped away from the handsome man behind her.

Before Derek could answer a loud shout caught everyone's attention. "Hold the elevator!" It demanded.

Mark quickly shot forward, sticking his hand out and stopping the door in time for a certain Latina to slip in.

"Thanks," Callie smiled.

~~~

Just as Alex pressed down on the button, the elevator doors slid open revealing four other surgeons on their way down. Looking over to Meredith, Alex immediately noticed a blush run across her cheeks. You'd have to be dead not to notice the relationship between the intern and the curly haired attending.

Walking into the crowded elevator, Alex couldn't help but make eye contact with the beautiful redhead in front of him, a small smile pulled at her full lips. He returned it in stride. Finding his place beside the accomplished woman, everyone else followed suit— well almost everyone.

Dr. Bailey stood by the doors shaking her head at the group filling the elevator. There was no way she was cramming herself into that.

"I'll take the stairs," she grumbled before the doors closed.

~~~

Arizona Robbins' day, for lack of better words, had sucked. It had started early when she mistook the salt for sugar in her coffee and couldn't get her car to start, then only negatively progressed throughout the day. Now she was waiting by the elevators as she had been for the last five minutes wondering why the world was picking on her.

She had considered the stairs but with the luck she was having that day, she would probably slip, fall down the stairs, and then a plane would crash into the building. But more importantly she was tired.

So she waited, impatiently pressing the small glowing button.

The hum of a quickly approaching elevator filled her ears like a beautiful song. Pressing the button a final ten times, the doors opened, revealing a crowd of her colleagues.

"Oh, umm... I'll take the stairs," she mumbled. Of course the elevator was full, just her luck. As the blonde stepped back, ready to take on the numerous flights ahead, a female's voice pulled her back.

"There's room right here?" The Orthopaedic surgeon half stated, pointing beside her. Sure enough there was a spot calling her name right beside Callie Torres.

"Thanks."

The elevator quickly began its downward pace. Finally, Arizona could get home and end this unlucky day —or so she thought.

Just as the elevator passed the third floor, it came to an abrupt stop, sending everyone crashing to the ground. Sounds of both fear and surprise filled the enclosed space as lights flickered and metal screeched.

Stumbling into familiar arms, Arizona's feet were knocked from under her, taking the Latina behind with her. Both woman fell, knocking heads on their way down.

Hitting the front of the elevators with a crash, Alex was a cushion for Addison as they went tumbling down together. Landing in a heap, both Doctors groaned as they hit the metal below.

Losing her balance, Izzie Stevens stumbled backwards falling on her butt in the back corner of the elevator, George O'Malley hot on her heels. Landing across her lap, a deep blush cut across George's face as he scrambled to move off.

When the elevator had stopped, Meredith had been pushed backward in the others attempts to stay standing. With a short yelp, she went tumbling down to the ground landing flat on her back.

Not a moment later Mark Sloan was falling too, catching himself seconds before he would have made contact with the pretty intern. Elbows locked on either side of her shoulders, their faces were inches apart.

"Hello," Mark grinned, loving the reaction he was getting from the younger woman.

"That's enough of that," Derek growled, forcefully pulling his childhood friend off his girlfriend.

"That was innocent," Mark grinned.

Helping Meredith into a sitting position, the Plastic surgeon did his best to take in his surroundings through the darkness. To the back left of the elevator, in the corner, George was shuffling off of Izzie mumbling apologies. Beside Izzie sat Meredith, Derek's arm thrown around her as she leaned against him. Then, straight across from himself sat Alex and Addison. A deep blush cut across Addison's features as she got off Alex, leaving Mark with a tinge of jealousy. Cristina was complaining beside Alex, and in the far corner of the elevator sat Arizona and Callie, both wearing pained expressions and rubbing their foreheads.

"Is everyone alright?" Derek asked, scanning over the group just as Mark had. A series of "yeah's," and "uh huh's," were heard.

"Hey Cal?" Mark started, getting her attention. "Try the emergency button."

She did as asked and pressed the small red button. Immediately upon contact, shrill screeches were released throughout the enclosed space while red lights flashed on and off.

"TURN IT OFF!" Someone shouted through the irritable sound. For seconds, Callie desperately searched for the button, finally hitting it and shutting off the awful noise.

"What was the point of that!" Cristina yelled, rubbing her ears as if to erase the sound. "Somebody tell me where I can find the idiot who made that!"

Pale light illuminated the small space moments later.

"Let's try opening those doors," Callie suggested.

Being closest to the doors, Cristina, Alex, Callie, and Arizona stood. Together they dug their fingers into the small opening.

"On three." Everyone readied, gripping tighter. "One...Two...Three!"

Pulling against the metal, the Doctors grunted in effort, opening a sliver just big enough to see they were stuck between floors before it shut tightly again.

"That's just great," Cristina grumbled.

"It's not that bad," Meredith informed. "It shouldn't take too long."

"Easy for you to say, you've got McDreamy," Cristina grumbled pointedly to Meredith who was sitting comfortably against Derek. "Bambi's got Barbie, Evil Spawn's got Satan, Alabama's sitting cosy with Bone Crusher over there—"

"What is she talking about?" Callie questioned, oblivious to who Cristina was referring to. Alex, Izzie and George understood the gibberish Cristina was talking and blush spread like wildfire across their cheeks.

"—And you know what?" Cristina demanded, ignoring the others confusion. "I'm just stuck with all of you."

Let me know what you think!
~M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 3.1K 62
A Natasha Romanoff and Winter Widow story. Completed. Third book in the three part 'Run' series. First title is 'Run' and second is 'Ready Set Breath...
77.9K 1.1K 32
Hey this is girl one shots and stuff for Gxg! Also, it'll be where I had other story ideas but can't write a full story on it yet! Example; being L...
30.6K 932 19
I really hope that SVU doesn't end, but when it does, this is how I want it to go down.
14.4K 302 22
❝Just smile, baby doll!❞ ❝Shut up!❞ Script form indeed.