Amnesia

By boobearhazza1D

"It's more than a disease; It's a curse" More

Amnesia

198 10 3
By boobearhazza1D

"There's this thing I have. Some call it a disease, others call it a malfunction in my imagination. It's called Amnesia. It's a partial or total loss of memory. Some days I wish I hadn't been born with such a curse, and others I wish I could have it constantly. But at this point in my life, I wish it wouldn't even exist, and in this case, it's more than a disease; it's a curse."

"Dude I've been waiting for this day for like ever i can't believe this is going to happen." I said, putting on he outfit that I had gotten together weeks and weeks and months before this day had even come.

"What if you're sunshine notices you?" My friend, Priscilla, had asked me, also waiting for this day to come along.

"Please, I'm grateful I'm even getting to experience this, lets not get too carried away." I said, laughing at the thought of that actually happening. It was so hard for me to make this day happen in the first place, so imagine how hard it would be to see the love of my life.

"Well that's a lovely way of looking at it, some girls are going just to 'meet someone future famous' honestly those girls don't even deserve to go." Priscilla explained to me.

"I agree, but there's nothing we can do about it. And I'm not going to complain, I'm still shocked at the fact that I'm going to be going." 

"Well hurry up so we can leave and meet your future babe!" She started to rush me. "how long can it possibly take for you to get ready. You've planned this outfit for months." 

"I just need to make it perfect." I said, finishing up my make-up.

"Why am i friends with a perfectionist. Big mistake." She complained to me.

"Hey! Don't be mean!" I said, finally finishing my outfit for the day and making it complete. "There, done." I said, grabbing my bag and my phone.

"You look like you're going to be sick." She said, taking her purse as well as we both headed down the stairs, and out the door.

"I don't know, I'm just really nervous. I mean I'm seeing the people who practically made me who I am today, It's hard to believe this is actually finally happening." 

"Wow. You really love them." Priscilla decided to state the obvious.

"But its not only love, it's so much more than that, it's unexplainable. It's like, everytime i see them i can literally look down at my chest and see how hard my heart is pounding, They mean so much more to me than a band. They seriously make me feel like i can take over the world, and they will be by my side when i do it."

"Damn. I never knew you were obsessed this hardcore." Priscilla laughed, focusing on the road and my blabbering on and on about this band.

"It's not funny I'm serious! You just don't understand."

"Hey. I'm taking you to their concert, aren't I?"  She proved her point.

"And I can't thank you enough for it." 

"We aren't leaving that place until you meet that Michael kid." She demanded basically. 

"It's okay if i don't meet him, Priscilla."

"Haley. You're meeting him. You two need to meet." She insisted, I wasn't going to argue, I wanted to meet him more that I wanted to wake up breathing the next day. He took my heart in literally a heartbeat, and never decided to give it back.

"I'm starting to get really really nervous, I've never felt like this before." My hands started to shake and my head started pounding, but not in a bad way; in more of a good way.. (If there's even a good way your head can be pounding..) but either way it was a really good feeling that I had never felt before, and it was just getting worse and worse. 

"Don't worry, right when you see your heroes, all of that nervousness will go away. I wouldn't be surprised if you fainted."

"DON'T JINX IT." I screamed at her. I started to get even more nervous, and i was scared how I was going to react when I saw them. "Holy shit were here." I said, shaking my hands, feeling my heart do that thing whenever I saw them, but I didn't even see them, so I don't know why I felt like that.

"Come on! What if they come out and meet everyone! There's like barely anyone out there!" Priscilla said, trying to get me to unbuckle and get me out of the car.

"Just give me a minute okay." I started to freak out. I always had these moment when my 'freak-out-scale would go from a 1 to a 97; and i could never control myself. And that is what was happening in this moment.

"Remember, just take deep breaths, realize what moment you're in, and just breathe. Just be in the moment." I started to take really really deep, fast breaths. "Okay not that deep. just take my hand, I'll walk out with you. There's no reason to freak out okay?" I took off my seat belt, my whole body was shaking, I couldn't find any words to speak or any breath to even breath. Priscilla came to grab my shaking hand, and made me walk to the sidewalk. I was shaking so bad I could barely even control myself to walk properly. I felt a wet stream fall down my cheek, but I was in too much shock to wipe it, or even move my hand. He was there. The love of my life was standing there, Two feet in front of me. I looked at Priscilla, but i couldn't hear anything. My freak-out-scale had gone from 97 too infinity in a matter of seconds.

Then he started walking towards me.

Suddenly, I heard everything. Priscillas voice, the voice of the other girls, and i felt everything; Priscillas hand, my knees shaking, my hands shaking uncontrollably, and the tears streaming quickly down my cheek. Priscilla let go of my hand, I snapped my head to her in a panic, but then a soft hand grabbed my chin, making me face forward, into their eyes.

"Why are you crying, love?" 

I lost everything in this moment. All my feeling, all my hearing, it seemed like it was only me and him, just us, but for some reason I couldn't find my voice, I couldn't find anything.

"Why don't I take you into the bus, get you some water?"

I wasn't sure if I was in reality or just in a very vivid dream. He grabbed my hand, started walking me towards his bus. I still couldn't feel any part of me; i felt like I was slowly starting to black out, but I couldn't. I needed to see if what was happening was real, if all these dreams, all these visions, all these thoughts had actually come true, on this day that I have waited so long for.

We walked into the bus, the driver closed the doors. I stood there once he let go of my hand, it was almost like my life let go of me. 

"You can come back here sweetie." I heard his sweet voice, and his cute chuckle as he finished his sentence. "Here's you're water." He said, handing me a cup. I lifted my shaking hand, taking the cup and taking the smallest sip I had ever taken. "It looks like you could use a little more water honey." He laughed again, and I started to feel my tears again. I took a bigger sip, but I didn't want to finish it, I didn't want to finish this moment. "Did you want to have a seat? We don't need to go back out there quite yet." He said, offering me to the couch. I slowly sat down and he left me, sitting there all alone. He came back out with his guitar, suddenly all the feeling had left me again. "So tell me about yourself? Like what's your name and such?" He said, tuning his guitar.

"My uh- Haley. My name." I struggled to find words and my voice.

"You don't have to be nervous love, I'm just a person." He said, giving me his smile. He wasn't just a person to me though. He was everything to me.

"You're not just a person to me. You mean everything to me." I said, feeling my voice change as the tears shot out of my eyes. He just looked at me, with a straight face, not saying a word. "I'm sorry." I said, starting to cry more. of all the things I could of said, I said THAT.

"No no no no stop crying please, you're going to make me cry." He scooped me up into his arms. I only had dreamed of this moment happening, and there was no way i ever thought of it becoming a reality. He smelled so good, I wrapped my arms tight around his neck, Felling every part of him that touched me. I felt his hot breath go down my neck, then i felt a wet drop. He looked at me:

"See what you made me do?" He said, a tear falling down his cheek; "Girls as beautiful and sweet as you should not be crying over me, I'm not worth it." He said. I wiped his tear, as he did to mine.

"You're worth the world and beyond to me, Michael." I said, he wiped my tear away as well. We went back in for a hug. While all of this was happening, I was waiting for the moment that my eyes would shoot open, And I would be lying looking at a blank ceiling, laying in my bed and covered in soft blankets, but instead-

"Would you like to go to lunch with me Haley? The show doesn't start for another few hours."

Continue Reading