Innocent romance (A maid sama...

Autorstwa Violet_167

Misaki and Takumi are two strangers engaged to each other. They want to try to make this marriage work or is... Więcej

-Prologue-
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 3-
- Chapter 4-
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6-
- Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
- Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
- Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
Chapter 18
-Chapter 19-
- Chapter 20-
- Chapter 21-
- Chapter 22-
- Chapter 23-
- Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-

- Chapter 2-

699 14 1
Autorstwa Violet_167

Takumi sat watching her trying to figure out if she knew about him and Mei.

"It's really popular. I'll buy you it."

Misaki smiled. "I almost thought something bad about you but I know you aren't stupid enough to do that."

Takumi didn't know whether to be happy she put her trust in him or to be sad she did and he was going to hurt her in the end. He shook those thoughts out his head. She was known to be a man-hater. There was no way she will fall in love with him anyway for him to hurt her. She would probably chase him away before he knew it.

Takumi smiled a smile faker than a bootleg movie. In the end this would benefit the both of them. He knew it would and even if it didn't, as long as he had Mei nothing else matters. Misaki could hate him with all her might but that wouldn't matter either.

"I'm glad you are able to trust me now," He said reaching forward to take her hand. Unfortunately for him, Misaki slide her hand away from his.

"Not so fast. I trust you but not enough for you to touch me," Misaki smirked resting back in her chair. "I trust that I will allow you to get to know me better and I trust you will do the same. But, let's not be not so close to each other."

She eyed his hand as though saying to take it even further away from her. Takumi got the hint and moved his hand even further away from her. That was it. This woman was extremely annoying.

Mei returned again but not with the food yet.

"I'm sorry I forgot to take your drink orders," Mei apologised forgetting that she only took down their food order.

"Uhmm....No problem. I'll have orange juice with ice," Misaki said putting down her menu after she picked it up to check the drink list.

Mei was ready to leave when Misaki stopped her. She didn't take Takumi's order.

"You forgot Takumi's order," Misaki reminded Mei. This girl didn't seem to know how to do her job. Misaki won't say anything as she was not that type of person but she believed if you are doing a job you should try your hardest not to make any mistakes. Maybe she must be new and doing training but then a manager would have at least told them.

"I'll just have a glass of water," Takumi quickly answered not making eye contact with Mei.

When Mei was finally gone Misaki decided to start a conversation.

"So what do you like to do in your free time? Reading? Biking?" Misaki questioned trying to start some sort of conversation with this unreadable man. She could tell this would be a very boring marriage if there was no effort put into it.

"Nothing really."

Misaki squinted her eyes. The least he could do was ask her a question back or give a better answer.

"Favorite food?" She gave it another try.

"I eat mostly everything," Takumi answered so bored again. If she can't handle the way he answered maybe she should stop asking so many questions.

"I guess that's okay."

Misaki decided upon not asking anymore questions. Why should she be the only one trying? She was starting not like this guy even more. More than that she was starting to despise him. A great way to start this engagement huh?

Mei could not have arrived with their food at a better time. The tension between Misaki and Takumi was so thick you could cut it with a knife. In fact Takumi was annoying Misaki so much she felt like she would stab him with a knife but she held her emotions back.

"Here is your order ma'am and sir," Mei stated placing the food on the table. To be honest she was a little nervous being around the woman who thought she was getting married to her boyfriend. She was so nervous she spilt Misaki orange juice on her outfit. "I'm so sorry ma'am. I'm sorry."

Misaki cleaned off the spot with her napkin. "It's fine just be careful next time. It's fine."

"Let me help you please," Mei insisted.

"It's fine you can go do your job. I'm not angry," Misaki said over and over again. Today must be a bad day for Misaki.

Takumi didn't like the situation one bit. He watched Mei tried to help Misaki over and over then after Misaki dismissed her she left.

"She was trying to help," Takumi spoke to Misaki. Just because she wasn't rich like them didn't mean she should be treated that way.

Misaki on the other hand was trying to find out where this was coming from. "What do you mean?"

"She tried to help and you wouldn't let her."

"She was drawing attention from everyone especially her manager who would fire her on the spot and embarrass her. I told her I was fine so her manager knew the situation was handled," Misaki said getting annoyed. He was trying to get to know her and the first thing he thought of her was being rude when in fact she was nice. "You know what Takumi. Have fun and enjoy your meal alone."

Misaki grabbed her purse and left Takumi alone in a restaurant. Screw him and what he thought. He deserved to eat alone. She would go home and enjoy a glass of wine alone. No man was worth stressing over.

Takumi glared at the empty seat before him. This woman was so frustrating. Mei returned again to take up Misaki's plate.

"I'm sorry if I upset her," Mei told him sadly. She knew it would put him in a bad position with Misaki but it wasn't entirely her fault. Misaki was making her both nervous and angry seeing her with Takumi. But what she could see from afar the date was terrible.

"It's nothing to be sorry about. I'll see you tomorrow after work and I'll call you tonight," Takumi smiled.

Mei smiled also. "How about I take back these dishes and bring out your favorite meal?"

"Thanks."

- Misaki & Takumi home-

Misaki sat alone in their big home by herself drinking wine and watching movies. She prefered this kind of thing over being with Takumi any day. Although he claimed to want to make things work she knew he was lying but she told him she would start to trust him so he better not mess up anything else after this.

So you got three melons?

She switched off the Ice age movie putting down her empty glass on the table beside her. She felt tired after today. Misaki hadn't even noticed that outside had become dark until she looked at the time. He could stay out for all she cared.

Misaki stood up and took her glass to the kitchen and washed it herself. No harm in doing it herself. She really hated having maids around. She felt like she could do her chores on her own. It was just because her mom and Takumi's parents gave her the workers that she allowed them to continue to work here but she still washed her own clothes and cleaned. The only thing they had to do was cook because she can't do that.

Misaki then switched off the downstairs lights to save electricity. She made her way up the stairs and into her bed not worrying about what would happen tomorrow when she met Takumi again.

Late in the night when Misaki was asleep Takumi returned home not even bothering to let her know. He washed up and went straight to bed. This engagement had to end quickly. He didn't want to marry someone he had no feelings for.

He laid back in bed thinking over today's events. Maybe what Misaki did really helped Mei not mess up her job and he misunderstood. But he didn't think she needed an apology for that.

The next day came sooner than either of them would've liked. Misaki prepared herself for worked then went down to eat the breakfast the cooks prepared. Walking downstairs she could see Takumi's figure moving around.

"Good morning," The maids and cooks said when they saw her. Everyone but Takumi said good morning.

"Morning," Misaki muttered. She hadn't even reached the kitchen fully and Takumi was out the door. "Great."

-Misaki work-

Misaki went to work feeling like she did any other day. She had not once thought about saying anything to Takumi first as he needed to apologise. He had ignored her this morning as if he did nothing wrong.  What was his problem? Can't he tell when he was wrong or did his ego not allow him to do that?

She thought of him as a nice guy. One she could probably tolerate. But boy was she wrong. She could tell this nice guy act was a facade. Who did he think he was trying to fool? Did he think she was stupid? He'll understand she wasn't one to be played with.

Her office door opened revealing a good friend from since high school Sakura. Sakura was the complete opposite of Misaki. Her pink haired friend was the type of person who almost like the male attraction she received occasionally. Sakura had dated enough guys to know how this whole relationship thing works. Misaki only dated about once in her life and that relationship surprising ended well but she wouldn't say she still thought about the guy.

"How is living with your soon to be going?" Sakura questioned sitting down in front Misaki. She pushed her pink hair to the side.

"Hell. I detest him," Misaki answered right away. Maybe Sakura can give her a little advice with how to deal with Takumi.

"You two only just started living together," Sakura chuckled knowing from experience how men could annoy her best friend.

"I know and I tried my best to make things less awkward but he just...." Misaki slammed her hand down on the table frustrated. "I should try and marry a woman instead. Some are easy to live with."

"I don't think that's a good idea Misaki. You need an heir," Sakura said between her laughing fit.

"Don't doctors put sperm in you nowadays?"

"Do you really want a baby from a random mans sperm?"

Misaki frowned. "No. Ugh why are men so terrible. How are you and Kuuga?"

Recently Sakura started dating a singer by the name of Kuuga. He was really popular and also Sakura's crush from high school.

"It's going great. He's a great boyfriend~"

Misaki tried to get away from all the cute things she was spreading because of her boyfriend. She just hoped this relationship lasted.

"What do you think I should do about Usui?" Misaki asked willing to go with anything her friend had to offer.

"Confront him and say what you're feeling. You don't need to be with him if you feel angry around him all the time. It's an arranged marriage so if he walked away nothing should bother you," Sakura suggested thinking of a way it would be best for Misaki. "The woman I grew up with never let a man worry her."

Misaki sighed thinking over a whole plan. "You're right. It's either we have the same mindset to make it work or we end it. What if he's purposely trying to end it?"

"That's stupid but why don't you stay in this engagement a little longer then?"

Misaki smiled. Sakura could get a little evil when she wanted. She would have a discussion with Takumi tonight to see what will she do regarding this engagement.

-Takumi work-

Unlike Misaki who spent the day thinking about him, Takumi spent his day thinking about Mei. He would go spend some time with her tonight before he go back to his home with Misaki.

He knew she was expecting an apology from him when she saw him this morning but he didn't give her one. He didn't like the woman but his guilt was saying he should apologise or she'll give him hell.

He didn't have the time nor energy to put up with her. If she kept this up after he left her no man would be that close to her and she'll end up alone. He knew the feeling and it was terrible. Mei had thankfully saved from that sad life and showed him a life with happiness. 

Today he decided to spend the day with Mei so he was leaving work earlier than expected. He grabbed his car keys and headed out the busy building. He would trade this place for Mei any day. His family was the one stopping him from marrying Mei. He knew what they could do and they won't make a life with Mei peaceful.

He just wanted this engagement to end quickly.

-Mei Apartment-

When Takumi arrived at Mei's apartment, as usual she had prepared him food and dressed up nicely for their short time together. Just being around her lightened his mood.

"Finally you came,"Mei greeted setting up the table.

"Traffic was longer than I expected," He answered taking off his jacket. He helped her set up the table.

"How did things go between the two of you?" Mei questioned resting her hand on her hip.

"Misaki? We haven't spoken to each other," Takumi resting up against her sink. "I think I should apologise to her."

"I don't think you have to," Mei whispered but Takumi heard it.

"Why?"

"Well they told me not to come back to the restaurant. I guess your fiancee was upset after all," Mei said folding her arms.

"Misaki did that? Are you sure?" Takumi asked. He might not have liked Misaki and may have misunderstood her but she never really seemed like that kind of person. He had to admit he was being biased because the situation involved Mei.

"Don't you believe me? It happened on the same day so of course it's her."

"I believe what you say all the time but livin-"

"Takumi sweetie. You don't really know her. Why are you defending her and not me? Do you perhaps like her?" Mei said furious.

"No, it's just-"

"Just what!" Mei yelled.

"First of all calm down. Let's not think about this ok? Let's just enjoy you and me," Takumi told her wrapping his arms around her into a hug. He waited for her body to calm down.

"I'm sorry Takumi," Mei spoke resting her head against his shoulder. "It's been stressful lately."

He kissed her forehead softly. "I know."

Mei sighed. "Our lives are so hectic."

"I agree. Now what did my charming girlfriend cook for me this time?"

Takumi looked around at all the different dishes. She never failed to amaze him with her cooking. He brought her a gift but seeing her mood wasn't really up for a present he'll give her another time. Right now he'll just want to make her happy by being there.

-Misaki & Takumi home-

Time went by slower in their home. Misaki sat on a couch waiting for Takumi to return from work. Any minute now he would walk through that door and she would voice her issues to him.

The front main door creaked open letting her know he was finally home. She decided wait for him to come to her and so he did.

"Good evening," Takumi said. He stood with his hands in his pockets.

Oh now he had manners?

"Good evening," Misaki replied back.

"Look I'm just gonna apologise for assuming something about you when we're trying to get to know each other. I'm sorry," He sincerely apologized.

"That's good to hear. Now, why don't you stop this nice guy act?"

Takumi didn't quite understand her.

Misaki stood up and walked over to him. "This nice guy act you're playing at doesn't fool me so tell me the truth about why you're in this engagement?"

"Listen I don-"

Takumi pulled his hands out of his pockets and out dropped Mei's gift. Unfortunately, Misaki picked it up first and opened it seeing a necklace.

"You can't buy me something and think that would make things right Takumi. So tell me why are you in this engagement?"

"To get married to you," Takumi lied.

"Yeah right. Just know Takumi you can't get away from this marriage unless I say I don't. I suggest you make things easier for the both of us and just be who you are and not be someone else," Misaki suggested. She just wanted to know the real him.

"Fine. I'll show you my real self but you won't like it Misaki."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

5.5K 233 19
Misaki lives with her mother, father and two sisters in the land of seika. They may seem like your everyday family but they are not. Misaki is the ou...
22.4K 1.1K 19
when two strangers who don't know each other get married because of family's choice and they are completely opposite and think can never fall for eac...
3.2K 33 49
Mitsuha Miyamizu is a 25-year-old hardworking employee working in The Tachibana Industries as a jewelry designer. She leads a rather simple life and...
7.6K 419 11
OK so sorry that I deleted this book, I didn't realise people actually like it that much. Here is the description: (Sorry if it's crap.) Hinata final...