Moon's Assassin

By Jenevieve00

Rejected by her mate because she was thought to be weak. He was wrong. //\\//\\//\\ I hear a sorrowful howl... More

{1} "The Idea of My Death"
{2} "Who I Am Now"
{3} "Break Your Heart"
{4} "Dead to Me"
{5} "Scream So Horrible"
{6} "The Fairytale"
{7} "Luna Bellatores"
{8} "Reincarnate"
{9} "Claim"
{10} "More Than Just Claim"
{11} "The Day He Rejected Me"
{12} "Stop. Fight It."
{13} "Dark Sorcerer"
{14} "Agreement"
{15} "Do it, kill them."
16
17
18
20- End
SECOND BOOK
New Cover

19

27.7K 903 103
By Jenevieve00

3 Weeks Later- The packs are at walking up Greenhillan.

As we walk in silence I worry, for I haven't and couldn't change the darkness. It only got stronger and stronger, but no matter how hard I tried to get in touch with Moon Goddess she wouldn't answer. So I did what I must, I kept strong and l will lead our army to War.

Last week all the alphas of all packs all over the world, all over, traveled to us. They decided they needed to be here in order to help the cause, not hide at home. We all new this was the final deal. It was us, or them. And we were gonna make it them.

I knew the rogues were already there, but the Hunter's and the Hunstman were not, they were lying in wait down farther a bit. Patrick had kept his promise and in return I would keep his. He had passed around a picture of his wife and if we see her, I gave the order that she is to be escorted to safety at once.

I break through the tree line, stepping over a rotting log, and into a clearing where the rogues wait. They begin to snarl and smirk when they see me.

"Did you come to negotiate?" A man stepped forward with a scar running down across his face, shaggy brown hair that hadn't been washed in weeks. His upper torso was bare where as his lower half had raggedy old khaki shorts hanging lossy from his scrawny hips.  "No army?" He sneered.

"Of course not. Im almost surprised you can't smell them... oh wait, you can only smell your own stench." I say calmly stepping forward once more. With my second step forward, my pack stepped forward. Eyes void of emotion, half are armed with weapons because their strength is in their human form, where the other half are in easily ripped clothing, ready to shift.

"Ahh, you're dumber then I thought. Only your own pack?" He cackles.

"Well it seems you only have your own as well." I say, knowing very well the few 100 wolves are not all they have.

"That's where your wrong." He smirked at my inquiry, which in turn made me smirk, I was getting him to expose his full strength before I exposed mine. He tilted his head back and let out a howl. Hundreds of hundreds more rogues crawled out of the tree line, already shifted and filling up a third of the large clearing.

"Is that all?" I mock. The man snarls stepping forward once more but one other rogue caught his arm and threw him back into the middle of the rogues.

"Idiot, of course it's not." He let out a piercing whistle and within minutes hunters were filling up along the border and made it to the halfway point of the clearing. A man I recognize immediately as the Huntsman because of the darkness twirling around him steps forward and makes his way to stand off with me.

"You only brought this? You severely underestimated us." His voice was raspy but I can't see his face because of the swirling darkness.

"I am not the idiot that exposed his strength first." I met eyes with Xavier in the tree line and nodded once. He let out an ear piercing howl and seconds later our army came pouring into the clearing. Shifted wolves mingled with human forms as we all squared off with the other side. I looked into the Huntsman's eyes and spoke loudly so every pack and their alphas could hear. "This man? Is mine." My eyes flash exposing my own darkness and my own demon.

"Yes alpha." Is the chorus I hear in return. The various alphas come and flank me. Xavier to my right and Ryker to my left, other alphas on either side.

"Funny, you think I am yours when in reality, you will be mine." His darkness thickens and pulses with each of his words. I knew that this was it, that this was where we either died or lived. And I was ready, because this was my duty, my mission, my purpose.

I howled out a battle roar, my inner self, my alpha and darkness mingle together to make the howl give everyone around me chills as I start to walk forward. The Hunstman yells out a battle scream and starts walking forward to meet me in battle. I start to jog, as does everyone behind me and everyone in front of me. Now, we are full on sprinting to each other. 

We meet in an explosion of teeth and snarls mixed with the flashing of swords against swords, and the occasional shot of a gun. I however, ignore that and focus on the man in front of me. We weren't in combat yet for each of our warriors went at us trying to take us down. So left and right I take out rogues and hunters. He does the same with wolves from packs all over. Eventually I make it close enough to see what he was doing to make everyone drop. He was sending out the darkness and it was too dense for my wolves. With every kill he got stronger and stronger, an I knew now that he was going to wipe out every wolf and hunter here once he gathered enough darkness.

I fought to get to him, ignoring the cuts and bruises I get from my enemy. I send out a warning to everyone.

'Stop attacking the Hunstman, the more he kills the stronger he gets. Stand back.'

Immediately people stop targeting him and focus on the other smaller enemies. He noticing this spins on his heel, and through the darkness I see a stark white smile spreading across his face. I break through and run to him, my eyes flashing my darkness making me stronger yet at the same time weaker.

"You silly Alpha, you should know darkness doesn't defeat darkness. Especially the weaker one." He says laughing like a maniac.

"Silly psycho, you should know darkness doesn't win. There is always light." I snark back my eyes staring where his eyes would be in the darkness.

"Where's your light alpha? I see only darkness like my own." He snickers thinking he had me there.

"My light is my pack, my brothers and sisters, my mate. Those are my light."

"What happens when I kill them?" He says. And as if on cue I hear a scream, I know that scream. I spin on my heel seeing Xavier, three rogues ripping at him. He was phasing between wolf and human trying to rapidly heal. That's when I see a tendril of darkness Worm it's way over there.

No.

I'm about too scream his name when I see Ryker step forward and leap into a rogue, tearing it apart. Xavier steadies his wolf form and lunges back into action. I feel relief until I feel something stab through me. I open my mouth in a silent scream as I drop to my knees.

I look down and see his darkness protruding through me. He was trying to absorb my own. But if he does that, he'll kill everyone. I don't know what to do... how do I stop this? I don't have the light I was supposed to have I don't have the strength to beat him. He stabs me again and that's when I know he's found it within me. However, it's also wen I know what I have to do. I begin pulling his darkness within me. I start syphoning it as if it was gas. I gag and begin to bleed from my eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.  I look around me, there is a red film from the blood in my eyes, it stings every time I blink, however I continue siphoning his darkness. He's roaring and trying to tug out of me, but I hold tightly. I slowly see my wolves overrule the enemies.  And I smile. We will win this.

He stand a third tendril into me to fight me off but I only pull more from him. He yanks me up into the air, his darkness thinning as my own grows.

"What are you doing?!" He screams, I then see his face. It's almost as if a skeleton just had skin over it, his eyes were hollow filled with darkness. I begin to shake and convulse.

"Turning-" I cough twice, blood spewing out. "Dark to Light." More and more darkness fills me, my back snaps as I begin to violently convulse. He eventually can't hold me up longer and he drops me to the ground where I slump forward, the convulsions stopping. I breathe deeply, hearing the sounds of war become less and less, I know we are winning. But I know that if this doesn't work then we will all die.

"You whore! Let go of me!" His voice cracks, he begins to pull at his hair as he can no longer stand up. He falls, and we lock eyes. Out of the corner of my own I see my pack and other packs run toward me. And leading them is Xavier.  I violently shoot out my right hand, and darkness pours out, making a dome around the man before me and myself. Xavier pounds on it, screaming at me. Blood drips down his cuts and I see pure raw fear coursing through his whole being. I feel cuts and lacerations open up all over my body. My old scars reopening as more darkness consumes me. I begin to cry, my tears mingle with the blood.

"This. Will. End. Today." I growl out. Everyone hears me. Everyone. I see Sophie, she's sobbing walking toward the Dark dome, next to Xavier.

At last his final sliver of darkness leaves his body and enters my own. He slumped dead, the only thing keeping him alive was the darkness. Which I took. But I can't control it. It's too much.

I tilt my head up to the top of the dome where I see the full moon shinning down on me.

Dark to Light.

Coal to Diamond.

Dark to Light.

I stumble up and press my hands against my chest where I feel my beating heart, that was slowly pumping to a stop. I grind my teeth and close my eyes as I force my self to heal. I force my blood to stop spilling.  I force myself to turn dark to Light. I curl in on myself, eyes squeezing tightly as I begin to scream. I roll my eyes back into my head, feeling everything inside of me burst, but my outer appearance is sealed. The darkness was turning, it had nowhere else to go but my heart. And my heart, was and is light.

Slowly I see the dome turn a golden white sheer color. I stumble towards the edge where Xavier and Sophie stand. The rest of my pack around them. The rest of the packs stand back respectfully.

Sophia sobs more and more. But she begins to speak through her tears, her eyes meeting mine.

"Dark to Light. Dark to Light." I nods, my own sobs spitting out. I then turn to Xavier and stumble over to him. I place my hand on the dome, the clear light color was making its way toward us, the minute it touched my hand it's would be over. Xavier cries, eyes wild and red as he places his hand on the other side. His larger hand that held safety and love, brings warmth to my cold almost dead one.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too Diana. I love you so much." He says, his voice cracking.

"Please take care of everyone, and be happy." I plead placing my forehead on the dome. He places his against mine and puts his other hand up against the dome. I mirror him, bloody tears spill out of my eyes. I meet his gorgeous green eyes that are my world.

"I will." He says tears falling off his face into the ground. The light was almost to me. It was almost time.

"You will live on forever Diana, Moons Assassin." Ryker says stepping forward along with the rest of the alphas. I nod once meeting all their eyes before looking back to Xavier. I lean back my right hand still on the dome, his right hand on the other side. He shakes violently, eyes never leaving my own.

'I love you.' We mouth at the same time, just as the light reaches my hand. There's a bright explosion and I don't feel anything at first until a horrible burning sensation spreading throughout my body. That's when I drop down the dome falls and Xavier is with me in seconds. He's screaming for a medic. But in the cold air I feel nothing but warmth and instead of screams of pain I let out calming breaths. My eyes meet everyone circling me, before I look back up into the moon that's when I see her. She's just as gorgeous as before, she holds out her hand, tears falling down her face.

"Come darling, it is time for you to rest." Her voice was so tempting. I was so tired. My vision turns bleary and I turn to look at Xavier, one last time before I feel a kiss on my forehead and then,

Xavier's POV

Nothing. She was looking at me and I thought maybe she would make it, then everything just stopped. Her heart. Her breathing. Her soul, just stopped. As her silver eyes closed for the last time a white blast shot out and silver flowers sprouted and grew all around her. She was taken from me, I knew the moon was doing this. Her beautiful body was healed wherever the flowers touched her, no more scars no more hurt or pain. Her hair still that gorgeous silver spread about her like a halo. Her face was in a calm smile, her shredded clothes were torn away as a pure white gown appeared on her, it clung to her hips and flowed out gently, swaying in the wind. White stones shot out of the ground, bright green moss grew on top, the silver flowers trailed up and carried her to the rock. Her arms were folded across her chest. The flowers molded against her framing her whole body, and a slight white slight traveled over her skin and I knew it was a protective barrier to protect her from decomposing. The moon shot down what seemed to be a spot light and it created a beautiful dome around Diana's body.

I fall to my knees, looking on with awe and sadness. That's when a voice speaks out, loud and clear.

"This is holy ground. This is where she died. This is where my daughter saved the rest of my children. You will tell her story, you will remember her, and you will love her." It was the moon. That's when she sent me a personal message. A message that made me stand up and look at my Diana with determination.

As I turned away and begin to leave, everyone makes way for me. Her personal message plays through my head.

"Keep strong, Diana's story isn't over."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 43.8K 53
"Your no mate of mine! You're weak and not worthy of being the Luna." He shouts, but I didn't filinch once. "I, Alex, future Alpha of the DragonFire...
139K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
630K 13.8K 28
"Ha-ha." He laughs, " You're my mate, ha-ha. The Moon goddess must have messed it up this time. Me? Your mate? That's really funny. Who would want yo...
191K 4.6K 33
"You rejected me!! Not the other way around!!" I yelled at him, tears streaming down my face. "I know." He says, he head hangs low. "And I'm sorry...