Modern Vampire

By WritingMyHeart

A whole week is missing from Crystal's life, only in that week her life transformed into something different... More

Modern Vampire
How It Begins; the prologue
(1) Wake Up Call
(2) Nicholas Imalogalu
(4) Confession
(5) Ryan
(6) A Day Of Firsts'
(7) Zombie Smasher
(8) Secrets
(9) Night Time Visit
Author's Note
(10) Grey Eyes
(11) Date Night
(12) Back to School
(13) Order In

(3) Velvet Blood

255 17 4
By WritingMyHeart

I’m standing on the edge of the earth on a grassy hill it is peaceful, reserved and verdant, it’s very refreshing. The blue sky is cloudless. I can smell the beautiful nature surrounding me.  A guy is standing beside me. He is a beautiful man soft delicate light brown skin, no hair but he has an oddly shaped long white beard,  he has big blue eyes, you know the forget me not type, they are like aquamarine gemstones. He is wearing a long purple toga with a silver silk belt. Calmness radiates from him.

 He looks placid and speaks smoothly as his words are alluring. He looks like the kind of guy who people would look up to and come for advice. He looks like someone who is very important. He reminds me of some sort of wizard but I doubt he is a wizard, well it wouldn't surprise me if he was as last week I didn’t think Vampires were real but they are, so right now anything is possible.

“Crystal I am Lord Khalunga!" He speaks not making eye contact, he stares into the distance. How did he know I was here? Was it my presence? So this is the creator mentioned in the book.

"I am the god of the four elements, god of animals and mammals and god of every living thing. You have so many questions burdening your mind my child, answers will soon be revealed,"

"Are you real? Is any of this real?" This makes him turn, his eyes shine as his small brows furrow at me. I'm guessing that's a yes.

"I understand you’re shaken and befuddled about you becoming a Vampire unwillingly but you must understand it’s your destiny you’re supposed to be what you have become..." He speaks clearly, his voice is soothing. Befuddled? Amusing.

"You will be the most powerful vampire in the world but no matter what happens you must stick with your mortal friends they need you, don’t keep them in the dark;  open up to them stay close to Olivia! Even though you’re a Vampire you can still love no matter what rumours may say..." Ryan comes to mind, what am I supposed to do? My feelings for him, they can't change, surely.

"Your love for Ryan still exists even if you don’t feel it at times your love for your friends will forever be inside your warm heart,” says Lord Khalunga as if he was reading my mind, he's pretty smart.

The sound of his voice touches my soul and puts my every concern to an ease for a few short seconds. He has a peaceful welcoming yet wise tone. Why did he bring up Ryan?  How does he know this is my destiny is he some kind of time lord or something like Doctor Who.

I can’t help but to mentally laugh at the thought of this man standing with the Doctor next to the tardis! I knew he would have been someone important!

“Lord I’m confused what if I hurt the people I love? What if I don’t make a very good Vampire? I’m scared I don’t know what to do... Will you always be there when I need help and guiding?” I reply.

“You won’t hurt the people you love, if you love them so you won’t hurt them, and you will be a great vampire all will reveal its self in time and of course, I will be here,” He replies touching my  heart.

“What do I do about Nicholas there is something strange about him?” I manage to say, I feel like I want to listen to him and it would be a sin to interrupt.

“Trust him he is your maker he will teach you the ways of the Vampire, he may seem odd but he cares even though he hides it deep within, you must understand he has been troglodytic for a long time and he just needs someone to talk to and someone who will look up to him." Hmm his words make sense, maybe even so to help me see Nicholas in a new light.

"He wants you to be the best you can be and  he will help you succeed in life. He may treat you hard but it is for your own good. He keeps up- to-date with how you young adults speak and the things you all like so you won’t struggle to understand him."

"My lord? There has to be more to this than I can see..." I watch him, his words just flow from him without a thought.

 "Crystal please vow to me that you won’t ever make another of your kind unless it is for love. I will bless you for as long as you live but if you betray my vow and it is not for complete true love, you will no longer have my blessing you understand?” He replies with his tone ringing with authority.

“Yes my lord I vow to your words. I will keep my vow and I won’t lose my faith,” I respond instantly without a single thought about it.

“Alright my child I believe you I must leave now I bid you farewell,” He replies.

Before I can ask him some more questions he slowly fades away then the surroundings start to disappear too. I wake up instantly.

That dream felt ever so realistic, was it even a dream?  I get up out of the chair I had falling asleep in first I stretch before walking over to the window it's dark outside, how long was I asleep?  The red digital alarm clock that sits beside my bed reads 20:30... Only a few hours it seems.

I turn back to the window and stare out of it looking directly at the moon. Doing so I notice how wonderful it looks; it shines in the sky like a silver shimmering coin. Before I became a vampire I never really noticed how beautiful the moon looked or anything else for that matter. The world looks so different to me now than it did before. I now notice every detail, every perfection and flaw, now I can see just how calm peaceful and beautiful the world and nature really looks. I see the world from a different perspective now than what I did.

I didn’t realize that Nicholas is standing beside me observing what I am doing. But here he is not taking his eyes off me.

“The moon is so beautiful don’t you think,” I murmur softly making conversation.

“Yeah it sure is now that you’re a Vampire you see things a lot different than you did when you were a mortal,” Nicholas says with a grin, as if he just totally read my mind. Either that or he's just stating the obvious. I wonder if he can read my mind. Is that another trait of being a Vampire?

I look up at him. The darkness makes him clearer, Nicholas looks hot. I didn't really take much notice earlier; he is tall way taller than me, he is pale just like me. He has short brown hair and deep mystic eyes. He is wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a pair of white trainers, a white skin tight vest top and a black leather jacket. Very modern... strange. He has good style; I can't help but think of Ryan and how good his jeans hug him too.

 He looks so strong and muscular you can see his rippling muscles stick out from underneath his skin tight shirt. He looks bad ass, most definitely not what you expect from a vampire. I wonder how old he actually is, would it be rude to ask?

Nicholas looks at me and grins; I think he notices me checking him out. I grin at him mischievously.

“Are you ready to learn to hunt?” He asks.

At this moment I have a sudden urge for blood. A hunger fills me, I fidget trying to push it away. Damn he is such a jinx! I was hoping that hunting topic wouldn't come up until... ever.

“Yeah I’m ready I have an unknown hunger for blood,” I tell him even though he can probably tell.

“Ok follow me,” He says shrugging his wide shoulders not really caring.

I follow him he leads me out of my room through my dining room to the kitchen then out of my back door. We walk slowly down the grey worn stone path and out of the huge black gate and down the pebbled road that’s leads to the entrance of the forest.

We enter the forest he stays close by to prevent me from becoming fearful but I’m not and I won’t be. I’m a big girl I don’t need some guy to watch over me. If I was still mortal and I came through here I would be petrified, I've never really considered coming in here before, being amongst trees didn't appeal to me, now I've changed maybe I was ignorant. I feel somewhat more independent, I bet once I'm trained I will be able to protect myself.

For some strange reason I feel so blissful to be walking through the forest with Nicholas just me and him it is undisturbed, rural and serene. It’s pleasantly perfect; the woods look so enchanting and enveloped with hidden wonders. It’s filled with tall ancient hollow trees that nearly reach the sky; the sky that you can only see little holes of through the tree leaves and old creaky branches, when you look up it looks perfect and astonishing. The trees tower of you perfectly as if they were only there to protect you and keep you safe; the trees are the forest’s broad body guards. The ground is covered with millions of leaves and little twigs. So at my every step there is some sort of noise either snapping twigs or crunching leaves.

It’s funny how I feel so at peace with the world in such a deviating and possibly even hazardous place. It's not as bad as I assumed it would be, instead of scary it looks sacred, and instead of dark it looks devious, and instead of frightening it looks fictitious. It is very admiring. The luscious smell of the trees and sweet Mother Nature attack my ever so sensitive nose, instead of sneezing or having an itchy nose nothing happens.

 How come? I distract myself from my weird odd thoughts by looking at Nicholas and giving him a cheeky grin he looks back at me and smiles. I bet he has a lot on his mind, he seems like he's carrying the world on his shoulders... and maybe his is. We keep walking through the woods until we are directly in the center.

“Stop here no one can possibly see us or find us,” He states.

“Ok but where are the animals,” I reply.

“They will come we just have to sit and be patient I will start a fire for us to sit around,” He teases

“Why make a fire? So we can cook the animals on,” I ask not thinking straight.

He laughs and shakes his head.

“No. We feed on them raw its better but its best to feed on them while they still have a heartbeat so their blood is nice and warm and taste a whole lot better..." So why do we need the fire?

"The fire will attract deer and stags which since you’re a newbie you’re better off feeding on a deer first, they don’t fight as much and are not that strong but to warm up their blood you should chase them and with your speed that you’re at now it’s perfect to catch a deer,” He replies with a hint of teasing in his tone.

“Okay...” I reply feeling a little stupid.

I feel like maybe he isn't the one respecting me, I'm not a child.

Nicholas starts a fire within minutes. I sit down on a barren log in front of the fire he comes over and sits next to me. We don’t talk, I just stare into the fire its hypnotic. The sharp flames have my full attention. The flames twist, flicker, roar and turn in all directions as the wind passes.

“I see you fell asleep during reading,” He says trying to make conversation or in reality just stating the god damn obvious.

“Yeah I did, sorry about that but I had the most interesting dream well I think it was a dream it felt so realistic, Lord Khalunga and I were standing on a hill on the edge of earth and we talked and he helped me understand,” I tell him not making eye contact.

“I understand, he is an exceptional wise man he is known for helping people he has helped me throughout my life I owe my life to him I’m glad you got the chance to meet him,”

 From the corner of my eye I see he has a distant look on his face and a little ball of sorrow in his deep orbs. I put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him as it’s the right thing to do...I think. Before either of us even begin to speak again we notice that there is a deer and a stag in the distance heading towards the fire they haven’t spotted either of us yet. Perfect timing.

Nicholas and I exchange glances, we both know what we have to do we both stand up and go in different directions making sure that we are  not being seen by our pray. He goes for his; I go for mine with great speed I chase the deer in a circle, catching up with her I finally have her blocked I jump at her and softly bite into her neck she stops fighting but she isn’t dead I pick her up and tale her back to the fire with no struggle.

There waiting is Nicholas with his pray he looks at me and smiles his face is covered in blood as is mine. Why does he look so attractive? His eyes are narrow and his face rough and ready.  He teaches me many techniques of biting, I test them on my pray; there are draining bites, fatal bites, soft bites and death bites. My pray isn’t completely dead.

“Finish her off you could do with more energy,” Nicholas says as if he knew exactly how I’m feeling and what’s going on inside of my body.

 I bite into her soft velvet like skin; her blood is lovely warm and rich. I can tell she has lived a happy healthy life. I enjoy the taste of her blood. If animal blood tastes this magnificent then I wonder how human blood must taste. I wash the profound thoughts out of my head and carry on drinking on concentrating on her.

When she is finally drained I stop, feeling so full yet so strong. I should feel guilty about this but I don't. I stand up my face is covered in blood as is Nicholas’s. He looks at me and smiles. Before guilt washes over me I place the dead deer softly onto the ground I surround her with flowers and greenery. I killed her so it’s the least I can to for her right?

“You're learning my child all though there is no need to do that but I’m proud of you and I can see that you are very kind-hearted... I also see that your speed is faster than I thought it would be, you learn fast you did good tonight but your skills need some more work but not bad for your first night want to race back to your house to improve move of your speed skills?” He purrs, so blood changes his mood, I see.

“Thanks and sure don’t see why not,” I chirp.

I feel happy and proud of myself, we look at each other.

“Ready set go,” He says.

 And we both speed through the forest we are as quick as lighting. Everything turns into one big blur and within seconds of starting the race we are halve way back to my house. He reaches there first I reach their seconds after him.

“Not bad not bad for a beginner but I still beat you,” He teases and winks at me.

“Wow your pretty fast for an old guy,” I reply returning a wink.

He looks at me and we both laugh as we walk into the house.

“We should probably get cleaned up because if people see us like it won’t look good,” He murmurs.

“Yeah good idea,” I reply smiling at him.

 Even with blood on his face he still looks so damn hot how that even possible? We enter house. He goes his way and I go mine; to the bathroom. I turn the shower on to let it heat up. Getting undressed I shut the door being me and step into the boiling hot shower. The water pours onto my face and slowly washes away the blood.

I hear a cough come from the doorway. I turn my head but keep my back towards the door. Nicholas is standing in the doorway. He grins at me. How did he open the door without me hearing? His eyes linger on my bed; he chews on his lower lip.

"Can I join you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 5.9K 68
𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋 π‘π‘πžπš, 𝐚 seventeen-year-old girl, her mom, and her fifteen-year-old brother π‘πšπŸπž moves to a new home 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭...
69.9K 1.5K 136
Spike, Buffy, Willow, Xander, Tara, Anya preferences and lots of imagines (mostly Spike tbh). Imagines include all the above + Faith, Dark Willow an...
1.6M 98K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...
106K 5K 21
'You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye And I got that red lip classic thing that you like And when we go crashing down, we come back ever...