Our Second Chance (Dramione)

By mischief_managed137

It started with a world where Voldemort won the war. Hermione realizes that she must pose as someone else at... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 A New World
Chapter 2 Pansy Parkinson
Chapter 3 The Warning
Chapter 4 On My Own
Chapter 5 Fight or Flight
Chapter 6 Our Last Hope
Chapter 7 The Darkness Within
Chapter 8 Buried in Lies
Chapter 9 Memories
Chapter 10 Unbreakable Vow
Chapter 11 Christmas Tears
Chapter 12 The Solution
Chapter 13 A Twist in Time
Chapter 14 The Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 15 Lion Hearted Girl
Chapter 16 A Choice is Made
Chapter 17 Azkaban Sentence
Chapter 18 Return to Hogwarts
Chapter 19 So Much Has Changed
Chapter 20 An Accident, I Swear
Chapter 21 A Quidditch Mistake
Chapter 22 Fixing My Mistakes
Chapter 23 Protective
Chapter 24 Birthday Surprises
Chapter 25 Dress Mess
Chapter 26 Same Old Mistakes
Chapter 27 My Little Otter
Chapter 28 Mystery Girl
Chapter 29 Ten Points to Ravenclaw
Chapter 30 New World, New Ways
Chapter 31 Pansy or Hermione?
Chapter 32 The Right Decision
Chapter 33 Nothing Is Ever Lost
Chapter 35 Changing the Future
Epilogue
UPDATE PLEASE READ AND RESPOND
Final update!

Chapter 34 Hogsmeade Date

3K 119 17
By mischief_managed137

Hermione held tightly onto the handle as fear ran through her body. "Draco, are you sure about this? You know how I feel about flying. I honestly think that there needs to be more protection in Quidditch, and..."

"Granger, if you don't shut up then I won't hesitate to push you off this thing when we're in the air." She looked at him with worry. "I'm joking."

Draco suddenly noticed the worried look on Hermione's face. "Don't worry. I got you", said Draco as he kissed her on the cheek and placed his own hands over her own on the handle.

They flew toward Hagrid's Hut until they reached the Black Lake, and just kept flying until they reach Hogsmeade, however, most of the time Hermione refused to open her eyes. Draco left his broom near the back part of Honeydukes as they walked over to the three broomsticks.

"Head Boy and Girl sneaking out of the castle to get drunk. I think we put shame to the Head name", said Draco as he opened the door.

"We are not getting drunk. We are simply here to enjoy each other's presence." She turned around and wrapped her arms around Draco's neck. "You aren't going to get drunk on our date are you?", she asked with pleading eyes. He felt like his heart was melting right then and there.

"Of course not. I'm already drunk in love." He was waiting for her to laugh at his joke, but she only looked into his eyes like she wanted something.

  "Butterbeer it is then?"

"With ginger."

  "I shall be back, my lady." He walked over to the counter while Hermione sat down at a booth table at the other end of the pub. It was rather private with a wall surrounding three fourths of it, but as she sat down; she saw Professor Slughorn in her range of view.

"Oh no", she whispered to herself. If he found out that they snuck out then the two Heads would never hear the end of it, but she wasn't worried about herself at the moment. Draco was only a few meters from Slughorn, and she had to do something quick. Hermione pulled up the hood of her jumper, and walked over to the counter, hiding behind the beer tank.

If she said his name then both of them would immediately be busted, but suddenly an idea came to her head. "Otter", she tried to say loud enough only for him to hear, but he didn't seem to catch it. "Otter."

Draco heard someone cough out the word otter. He turned around and saw a pink hood with bushy hair coming out of it.

"One Firewhisky and one butterbeer", said Rosemerta as she placed the drinks on the counter, which caused Hermione to kick him slightly in the shin.

"You said you weren't going to get drunk!"

"One Firewhisky is not going to kill me." He grabbed the drinks, but suddenly an arm pulled him away harshly from the counter, which caused him to almost spill the contents of the drinks. "What is your problem?", said Draco rather loudly, but she smacked her palm over his mouth, and pulled him to kneel on the ground behind the left side of the counter.

"Slughorn is right over there. If he sees us we're dead. Now come on!" Bossy Granger was back, but he had an idea of how to shut her up when he needed to, just take her flying over the Hogwarts grounds. They double checked that Slughorn was occupied in a conversation before pulling up their hoods and moving to the private table again.

"I swear, we can never get any alone time anymore. Either our friends are pestering us or it's the teachers, no matter where they are." Draco drank the rest of his Firewhisky in one gulp.

"Aww is someone annoyed that he doesn't get to spend time with his girlfriend? Poor baby." She spun her spoon around the rim of her empty cup as she spoke. "We do have an entire common room to ourselves."

  For the rest of their free time, they threw leaves at each other, gazed at the sky while laying down on a blanket near the mountain, and headed back to the Black Lake. Hermione and Draco were skipping stones in the water, however, she did have to teach him since he was a pureblood. After the first few failed attempts, he was determined to get more skips then her, Right as he was about to toss the rock, Hermione stuck her foot out in front of him, causing Draco to fall into the lake.

  She laughed as he fell in, and came right back up like a piece of wood. "Oh you're so evil. I can't believe you did that Granger."

  "Neither can I, but I'm glad I did", said Hermione as she continued to laugh.

  "Oh you're dead. I'm gonna get you for this." He pulled himself out of the water, his clothes sticking to his body. Hermione couldn't help but stare as his white collared shirt showed off his abs. Draco smirked as he noticed this. "Like what you see? Come on Granger, give me a hug."

  "You stay away from me. Don't come near me..", she said as she started to run in the opposite direction. He chased her for about a minute before she heard another splash in the water. Hermione quickly turned around and saw that Draco was no longer behind her. 'Did he dive back in the water on purpose?', she asked herself. She stared at the water and saw Draco's body float to the surface, and he looked like he was unconscious. She yanked off her shoes and quickly pulled off her jacket before diving into the water.

  She grabbed ahold of Draco's body and turned it over so he can breathe. "Draco? Draco!" She lifted his chin to the perfect angle before performing C.P.R., and thanking her parents for giving her the title of muggleborn. Right as her lips were on his, Draco kissed back immediately. Laughter filled her ears as she pulled away. "MALFOY! I can't believe you did that! I thought I was going to lose you!"

  "Hey, no need to last name me. Thought we were through with that. I guess I don't have to worry about you not caring about me. Really scared you didn't I?", but while he was still laughing, she had her arms wrapped tightly around his waist. She was trembling a bit. "Hey, hey I got you."

  "It's really cold."

  "Well damn, Hermione, I can't control the weather."

  When both of them were out of the water, Draco quickly grabbed her jacket and wrapped it around her. Hermione grabbed the blanket and draped it around both of them. They stayed huddled together until they reached the Honeydukes shop. Hermione sat down on a stone rock while Draco went to get his broom. When he came back out she had a look of disgust. "Do we have to?", she asked like a spoiled ten year old.

  Suddenly she felt herself being lifted out of her seat. "Draco, what are you doing?", she asked in panic.

"Taking my princess back to her tower." Draco smirked the entire way back to the castle.

***

He kissed up her jaw and to the sweet spot behind her ear. When they closed the door of the common room, it was like all chains were broken and they couldn't keep their hands off of each other. Draco gently tossed Hermione on his bed, and she loved how the silk covers felt against her palms. She stretched out her arms for who-knows-what reason. "This bed is really comfy", she said with a smirk, and Draco stared at her as he stood at the foot of the bed.

  He leaned down and placed his hands on the mattress of either side of her head. They kissed for about five minutes before there was a quiet knock on the door. Draco groaned before resting his head in the crook of Hermione's neck. "Someone better be dead." His husky voice rang through her ears, and his hot breath sent chills down her spine.

  He got up, walked down the hallway and to the Head's door before angrily opening it. He wasn't surprised to see that his two friends, Blaise and Pansy, were the intruders of the makeout session upstairs. "Can I help you?", said Draco in an irritated voice.

  "We were wondering if you wanted to hang out today. We were going to play Quidditch with the other Slytherins, wanna join?", asked Blaise. Draco turned around to see his bedroom door still close. "Sorry, but I have a whole lot of studying to do. We have N.E.W.T.s this year so I'll probably be in my bedroom a lot. Theo might join."

  "..but Draco..", Pansy started.

  Suddenly Draco started coughing. "I think I'm coming down with the flu. You might not want to get too close...", said Draco as he started to close the door.

  "..but.."

  "Yeah you guys suck", Draco barely managed to slip out before completely closing the door on his friends' faces.

  "What the bloody hell was that all about?", Pansy asked Blaise as she stared at the closed door.

  "Pansy, his head is already big enough. Let's not injure it any more by asking him more questions. Let's just leave him alone to..er...'study'."

  Draco sighed as he headed back to his bedroom, and saw Hermione fast asleep in a ball on the bed. Her breathing was leveled out as quiet snores escaped her lips. He smiled at her state before lifting the covers and wrapping them over her. "You're adorable." He grabbed a pillow off of his couch, and a blanket from his trunk. "Night, Granger. See you in the morning."

  In everything that they've been through, he couldn't believe that they achieved all their struggles together. The dark lord was gone, Hermione wasn't a death eater, and the world changed for the greater good. He had to remind himself to tell Theo about being a Gryffindor. That would probably give the whole Great Hall a good laugh, including the professors and ghost.

Draco almost walked through the door, before turning around and kissing Hermione on the forehead. "I can't believe we made it."

  As he walked out, he could've sworn he heard a small tired voice say back, "neither can I."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153 0 14
After the Great War, Draco wakes up one morning in Hogwarts only to realise something really bad has happened. Confused and scared, his only hope is...
84 0 7
Years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Hermione Granger receives a cryptic howler from a former Slytherin classmate she hasn't thought about in years. A...
266 39 37
Romina lives with the dark legacy her family left under Voldemort's reign, including the infamous murder of the Potters. Despite already knowing Har...
15.6K 629 63
"I have to know that she wasn't in there when the door closed!" Draco cried as he fell to the floor, hands still resting on the chamber of secrets do...