Chasing Lost Love (Sequel to...

By Bts-trash40

In a world of amnesia you forget certain people, events, and even yourself. A part of you dies. That's exactl... More

Chapter 1: I Miss you
Chapter 2: Loneliness
Chapter 3: I'm in Love
Chapter 4: Confused
Chapter 5: Abandoned
Chapter 6: Moving
Chapter 7: So it Begins
Chapter 8: How it All Started
Chapter 9: Battle within
Chapter 10: Can I Trust You
Chapter 11: Renewing
Chapter 13: Reaching
Chapter 14: Lessons
Chapter 15: Run
Chapter 16: Coming For You
Chapter 17: On a Hunt
Chapter 18: Sleepless Nights
Chapter 19: A True Battle
Chapter 20: The Final Chapter

Chapter 12: A Day Out

34 1 71
By Bts-trash40

A/N: Yes I know, another chapter! The video above actually matches how both Yoongi and Marissa are feeling, so I hope it fits well. This chapter is semi-edited. As always, happyreading lovelies 😁😁

Jin's Pov

"Let's go, we're going out! No more moping around like a lifeless corpse young lady," I scolded Marissa when I noticed that she hasn't moved for another two weeks.

The only time she would move would be to get her son ready for preschool, and Yuki ready for school. Other than that, she would sulk around. She looked like she was wasting away. I couldn't stand the sight anymore, so I'm going to do something about it. Even if I have to literally drag her out, I will do just that. She's not going to be a lifeless corpse withering away anymore.

Her and Yoongi have yet to speak to one another. I just hope that one day they will speak to the other, it's heartbreaking to see the both of them suffering.

Henry and I have been staying with them for a little while to ensure that they're both doing what they're supposed to do to stay healthy, but both of them are just too stubborn to do so. One is wasting away in bed as the other is spending sleepless nights looking at their wedding album. None of them are eating proper meals. They've both lost a significant amount of weight, and I can't take it anymore. I just can't sit back and watch them do this to themselves.

Marissa glares at me, turning away as she buries her face in her pillow. I sigh internally as I tug at her arm to pull her out of bed.

"Hey," she shouts. I just give her an unamused look.

"I don't give a shit if you want to go out or not, I'm taking you out and that's final. Now go get your pretty little ass looking like a decent human being before I force you to do that as well," I tell her. She looks to me shocked, taking a bath towel and going into her bathroom.

I smile in triumph, going to her closet to pull out an outfit for her. I want to choose something that will show off how beautiful she really is.

"Aha," I shout as my eyes fall onto a simple article of clothing.

I pull out a lacey zip up dress that was sleeveless with a light brown braided belt at the waist. It would reach her knees. It was perfect. I also pull out a pair of brown flats that had bows on the top of them. The material looked leather, but they weren't.

I feel like the outfit needs a little something more. I want to make her look absolutely stunning, so stunning in fact that it'll make Yoongi suffer even more for doing what he did to her.

Taking a look at her accessories, my eyes land on a white sun hat that had a line of light brown at the rim all the way around, it was a stylish one too. It was perfect. The outfit would give her the perfect summer look. It will show off her curves and legs. I smile at the outfit that now lays on her bed. It's going to be a hassle to get her to wear it though, she's more of a jeans and t-shirt person.

When Marissa comes out, she looks to the bed. I look to her and smile at her. She gives me a deadly glare that says it all for her. I hold back my laughter as I softly look to her wrapped in a towel.

"What is this," she asks. I laugh at her shocked state, I couldn't hold it back any longer, I had to. She was making it hard to not be able to laugh at her.

"It's the outfit I want you to wear. It'll suit you quite well," I choke out through my laughing fit.

"No way. Nope, this is not happening. There's no way I'm wearing that," She denied with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Oh come on, it'll be great. I didn't just stand here all that time to have you shoot the outfit I had chosen for you down."

She takes a look at me and sighs, walking over to the bed. A small smile forms on her lips when she runs her hand along the dress. This dress was one of her many that she had worn for Yoongi.

She sharply shoves me out of the room after she's done admiring the piece of cloth. I look at her amused when she has me standing at the doorway of her room.

"Why are you pushing me out," I ask cluelessly.

She facepalms as she looks to me as if I should know why. "Can't a girl get dressed without having a guy watch her?" Her tone was that of a playful one.

I smirk at her, leaning forward to whisper in her ear, "I know I'm bi, but I lean more towards my gay side since I'm married to Henry, so it shouldn't matter."

Her face turns to a deep red as she slams the door in my face. I stand there laughing hysterically.

"You're an idiot Jin," She shouts through the door.

"Says who?"

"Says me! You're such an idiot, I swear I don't even know what to do with you!" I can just imagine her face all red in embarrassment while saying this. It makes me laugh even more.

"You can't do anything because you love this idiot too much. I mean, who doesn't love me? I'm just that much of a loveable person."

"Your overconfidence better disappear one of these days! You're an egotistical jerk, that I know and love." She mumbled the last part, but I still heard it.

I put my hand over my mouth as my other arm snakes over my stomach while I double over in laughter. Even in her embarrassed state she still admits that she loves me.

"You can't even say you hate me," I laugh out. The door finally swings open to reveal Marissa in the very outfit that I had chosen for her.

My laughing stops immediately as I take in the radiant beauty that lay before my eyes. She had on light makeup to accent her blue eyes so beautifully, with a light pink blush on her cheekbones, and a glossy red lipstick painted her lips. Her hair is left down to fall at her waist in her curls. It falls so perfectly, and I'm blessed to call this angel my best friend. She's going to make all the guys she passes do triple, even quadruple looks at her. If Yoongi fails to get jealous, I don't know what else to do.

This person standing before me is such a stunning creature. She's too beautiful for her own good. How can anyone give her up? How can anyone pretend to have forgotten such a stunning beauty?

She bends forward slightly, peering at my dazed face. She smiles when my eyes meet hers, waving her hand in front of me to get my attention. I shake my head, staring into her eyes, and smiling back at her.

Yoongi you little fucker, you messed up big time, I growl internally. I grab Marissa's hand gently in mine as we intertwine our fingers.

I know I know, we look like a couple, but we all know that I'm gay for Henry, so no, I will not be getting with her.

We walk to the door, Yoongi coming out of his study as we reach it. I can hear him gasp, both of us turning to face him. I look over to Marissa to see her staring at him while he stares at her. You could see in both of their eyes that they miss each other, but I'm not allowing her to go back to him just yet. I refuse to allow her to go back, not until he proves himself worthy of her love.

All of his files fall to the floor, me smirking at him. His eyes go from her to look at me, then back to her. He clears his throat, crouching down to pick up his fallen papers.

"Have fun on your little date," He spat out coldly. I could tell he was burning with jealousy. I was smiling widely in triumph. I knew he didn't like this one bit. I was enjoying every moment of this.

Marissa was trembling slightly next to me. I squeezed her hand slightly to get her to calm down. When we're out of earshot, I'll explain to her why I was doing this in the first place.

"Thank you Yoongi, we will," I taunt him. He finally looked up, staring daggers into me. I wasn't scared of him at all, so he could look at me anyway he wants.

"You're enjoying this way too much. Don't you dare forget who she really belongs to," Yoongi growls.

That pushed me over the edge. Anger started to make my blood boil. "She's not yours! She's her own person, and you have done nothing, I mean Nothing to get her back! Don't you dare claim her as yours until you have proven yourself! I will never forgive you if you do! Now, if you'll excuse us, we have a date to attend."

I turned my back to him, heading out the door with Marissa still beside me. I slam the door shut, briskly walking away.

When I get to my car, I open the passenger side for Marissa to climb in.  When I closed it, I noticed she was crying. If it wasn't for Marissa in my car, I would have gone back into that house and beat him even more.

Pushing those thoughts aside, I get in and drive away. The car ride was a silent one. The awkwardness was killing me, so I turned on the radio.

The song that came on was "All of Me"by John Legend. This song was not the right song for this type of atmosphere, so I went to go change it until I heard Marissa lightly singing to it.

Her voice was so angelic, it fit her so well. I didn't know she could sing like that. It was so beautiful, so soothing. It calmed my racing heart and my boiling anger. It had the power to entrance me. I was drowned by her voice, completely in awe of it.

Without realizing it, I started singing along with her. We both sang song after song until we reached our destination.

I took her to the beach that had a boardwalk. This is a lovely area and she could choose to do whatever she wanted.

"Why here," she lightly asks. I look to her to see her staring at the place in awe.

"This is so you could let loose. Just be yourself and relish in the carefree atmosphere. This is an evening for you," I explain. A bright smile forms on her face, one that I haven't seen in so long.

I'm glad that she's smiling, even if it's just for the moment, I'm happy. She deserves to be happy, even if it's just for a little while.

"Let's go," I excitedly yell as I climb out of the car. She giggles as she does the same.

The smell of the ocean mixed with the various food vendors on the boardwalk fills my nose. You have seagulls flying and screeching as they circle the shore. A light breeze sways, making Marissa's dress billow in the wind. She holds her hat on her head so it doesn't fly away.

Yep, it definitely would look like I'm taking my girlfriend out on a nice date. Maybe I'll take Henry here one day. He's always so stressed out because of work, he could use a little relaxation.

"So what now Jin?"

"We walk around. The sun is about to set, so we could watch that from the boardwalk. It'll be really pretty. It'll set beyond the horizon of the ocean," I suggest. I could see her eyes light up brightly at that.

She rushes to my side, grabbing my hand as she drags me along to the boardwalk itself. I laugh at her rushed state.

"Aww, look at the lovely couple."

"Honey, we should be more like them."

"Wow, they're both so good looking. They're perfect for each other."

"Damn, that babe is hot." I hear the murmers of onlookers. It made me blush slightly hearing the compliments about me. I'm nothing compared to her. I know I'm handsome, but she's beyond beautiful, she's so otherworldly. All the eyes belong on her, not us.

We reach the boardwalk, us going to the other side of it to stand above the shore. The sun was starting to set, it's orange glow creating a mirage of colors in the sky. Pink, orange, blue, even a little bit of purple paints the sky as if it's an empty canvas made just for the rays of the sunset.

It was breathtaking. I was in such awe of the sunset. The nature of the world is a wonderful thing. I look to the side to see a serene look on Marissa's face. I take out my phone, snapping a picture of her and then one of the sunset.

I brought her here just for this moment. Sunsets have always helped me in my troubled times. They always managed to calm my nerves. It's a wonder with just how much the effect a sunset has on the human mind. It truly has the power to calm even the most distressed hearts. I guess it's something to do with it's beauty and the wonderful colors it creates in the sky.

After it disappears beyond the ocean, people begin to surround us. They snap pictures of us as if we were models. They ask us questions about who we are, where we're from and so on so forth. It's quite comical to see everyone surrounding us. I kind of feel like a celebrity with all of this attention.

One of them asked me to hold Marissa bridal style, to which Marissa laughed at. She hopped into my arms without warning, me catching her. People took more photos, asking her to do cute poses while in my arms. One of the photos they had requested that we lean our foreheads against one another, which we did. I had the person send me that one, I'll print it out and frame it. It'll show just how close our friendship is to one another.

We finally end the night with some French fries and milkshakes.

On the drive home, Marissa seemed to be distressed again. I sigh to myself, wondering what's wrong now.

"What's wrong princess," I ask her.

"Why did you do this all of a sudden?" I can hear the uneasiness in her voice.

"To make your stupid husband jealous and realize what he's missing out on," I hiss out.

"So, you did this for me? Solely all for me?" I look to her, smiling when I see a faint smile appear on her beautiful face.

"Yes. You deserve the best, and the best is what I want to give you, even if I'm just your friend." She giggled at that. I laugh along with her, us finally arriving home and me letting her go to sleep.

I'm glad she had a nice time, even if it was only for a couple of hours. I just hope that now Yoongi opens his eyes to do something to get her back. She's everything to me. I guess she's more like a little sister to me, and I'm determined to ensure her happiness. It's the least I could do for an angel like her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 511 31
Amber lost everything. First she lost her home when she was forced to move. Then she lost her family in an accident. And after that she lost her frie...
169K 11.6K 18
A YOONKOOK SHORT STORY! Recently dumped, heartbroken, and unwilling to move on, Yoongi spends his days wallowing in self-pity. He's trying to tell hi...
AL By YGsBlackCat

Fanfiction

8.7K 888 26
"For across lifetimes, I will wait you, my love." Min Yoongi is sent back in time after he made a wish. He was drunkenly talking to an old man that h...
143 2 11
Running from an abusive marriage, a young woman starts her life over in a new town. Who she meets changes how she views life forever, but what happen...