His Love For Her ✔

By the_selenophile

Winner of "The Golden Bird Awards" hosted by 'AmbassadorsIN' They say, ❝Someone up there has already decided... More

his love for her
reviews
prologue
1. Nothing But A Wreck
2. A Bollywood Style Meet
3. Drowning In Love And Tears
5. Standing Up For Herself
6. Day Dreaming
7. Moments Worth Cherishing
8. The Night Before The Wedding
9. Accepting Her
10. Tying The Knot
11. Compiling With Her Wishes
12. Friend Before Her Husband
13. Ray Of Light
14. Green Eyed Monster
15. Creeping Inside Her Heart
16. Her Sanity, His Home
17. Taking Care Of Her
18. His Precious Diamond
19. Favourite Place
20. Light Of Her Dreams
21. Twist Of Events
22. A Night So....
Characters Rant
23. Falling Apart
24. Alpha Male
25. Her World
26. Kiss
27. Secrets | Part One
28. Secrets | Part Two
29. I Love You
30. Two Bodies One Soul
Bonus Chapter : Two Bodies One Soul
31. Revelations
32. His Feelings
Bonus Chapter 2 : His Obsession
33. Family Or Love?
34. Mommy
35. Promise? Promise.
36. Loss
37. You And Me
38. Memories
39. The Truth Unravels
40. Rajeev Kapoor
41. The Silence Before The Storm
42. Friendship Or Betrayal?
43. The Storm
T E A S E R
44. Territorial
45. Paranoid
46. Remarried
47. Akansha Chopra
48. You Are My Happy Ending
49. Ganesh Pujan
50. True Colours
51. Twins
52. Mine
53. Proposal
54. Chase
55. Gone
56. Dead Yet Alive
57. Hope
58. The End
59. New Beginnings
Epilogue
HELP
Afterword
Instagram Account
New Work
SEQUEL
A LOT LIKE LOVE

4. Engagement and Promises

28.5K 1.6K 191
By the_selenophile

"I made a wish and you came true"
_____

4. Engagement and Promises

           SHWETA WAS ECSTATIC when Parul informed her that Shreya had agreed for the marriage. Both the woman decided to talk to their respective priests for the engagement and marriage date. Shreya hoped that the priests would say there are no auspicious dates for the next three years or something like that but nothing happened like that.

Infact the priests informed the families that the next day was auspicious for engagement and exactly after ten days it was an auspicious day for their marriage. If they don't get married that day they would have to wait for the next five years. Aarav was happy that he had to only wait for ten days. He was even more happy because today he was getting engaged with her.

He couldn't even sleep properly last night because his mind was filled with her. He couldn't get her out of his mind. Everytime he closed his eyes, her face flashed in front of him. The images of her in his arms weren't leaving his mind. Was it just crush or love? , he thought. He was behaving like a teenager who had finally found his crush.

Shreya was still numb and to top that she was getting engaged today. She felt like her life was getting worse day by day. She didn't even know the guy she was about to marry because of her stubborness. Her family was busy with all the preparations. She was going to wear a pink lehenga for the engagement. No one was invited except for Jai and Diksha. Yeah, the newly weds were going to stay in Mumbai till their best friends got married.

Both the families had spent their mornings in the engagement preparations. Aarav had decided to stay in Mumbai for today and was leaving for Pune tomorrow morning. The engagement ceremony was in the afternoon.

Shreya was getting all dolled up by Diksha and Saloni for her engagement. Her hair was straightened and left down. She didn't wear any accessories except for earrings and bangles. Shreya was irritated by all the makeup Diksha and Saloni had made her wear. She wasn't use to all that.

Aarav was ready and eager to see his fiancee. He couldn't wait to reach the Chauhan's Residence. Since Aanchal and Neil were in London and couldn't come to Mumbai on such short notice they were going to see their engagement through skype.

"Mom! Are you guys done??", Aarav asked impatiently.

"Oooo look someone is getting so impatient", Forum teased as she fixed the drape of her saree.

"I know... just imagine how eager he will be on the wedding day", Rishabh said laughing.

Aarav glared at his siblings but deep down he knew they were right. He was getting impatient as each minute passed and he was eager for his wedding. But why shouldn't he be? You marry only once in a lifetime and not everyone gets lucky enough to spent rest of their lifetime with the person they love.

"Forum, Rishi don't tease him. He is just nervous", Shweta said pecking Aarav's cheek.

Aarav grinned at that while Forum and Rishabh scoffed.

"Okay enough with the teasing. Aarav, Rishi go and get the car ready. We will be down in ten", Neela said sternly.

Aarav and Rishabh nodded. After ten minutes, the Shah family were in their two cars as they headed to the Chauhan Residence.

__________

             SHREYA WAS SITTING in her room waiting for the door bell to ring. As if on cue the door bell rang. She was getting nervous and her palms were sweating. She didn't know how this was going to end. She was scared to get close to any man except for her brother and best friend. She reminded herself she could do it. Its not like she hated males but she was scared to get close to any male.

As the door opened, Parul welcomed the family. The Shah family walked in and Aarav observed their house. The house walls were painted with light violet and family photos were hung on one wall. Aarav looked at the photos with a smile but instantly frowned when he noticed there were no pictures of Shreya. The wall was only filled with a girl and the boy he had noticed standing with Shreya during exchange of garland ritual in Diksha's wedding.

"What happened, Aarav?", Rishabh asked looking at a frowning Aarav.

"The wall. It doesn't have Shreya's pictures", Aarav said and Rishabh looked at the wall.

"You're going to see her soon, bro! Why do you want those pictures then?", Rishabh winked.

"You're right", Aarav said smiling.

Both the family exchanged pleasantries as they settled on the sofa. Saloni bought a tray of glass to offer water to everyone.

"Hello Romeo", Diksha teased as she stood beside Jai.

"Diksha?", Aarav asked surprised.

"Yes!", she said.

"You know, Shreya?", Forum asked.

"Yes Di. She is Jai's best friend and a very good friend of mine", Diksha said smiling.

"Wow.. small world", Aarav muttered under his breath.

"Umm... Uncle Auntie, if you don't mind can I have a table to place my laptop", Rishabh said.

Parul and Prem were confused but nodded anyways. Shaurya bought a table and placed it where Rishabh asked him to place it. Rishabh placed his laptop on the table and switched it on. Logging in on Skype, he called Aanchal and seconds later Aanchal appeared on the screen.

"Hey Rishi!", Aanchal chirped holding her baby in her arms.

"Hey sis!"

"She's my elder daughter, Aanchal", Shweta introduced.

"Aanchal! Did you see my phone?" Everyone heard a male voice.

"That must be my elder son-in-law, Neil", Shweta said chuckling.

Neil walked in the room with just a towel wrapped around his torso not aware of the skype call. Everyone chuckled as they saw a half naked Neil walking around in the room.

"Aanch... oh shit! You should have told me you're talking to our family. Wait! Its just not our family even Aarav's fiancee's family is there", he said horrified while Aanchal laughed hysterically.

"Hello brother-in-law! Its nice seeing you but kindly put some clothes on", Samar teased.

"God you all are just soo....!!", Neil couldn't find any words as he was embarassed to death and ran off to wear some clothes.

"Well, that was one hell of a meet", Shaurya said chuckling softly.

"Agreed", Jai said smiling.

"Diksha, can you please go and bring Shreya?", Parul asked.

"Sure Auntie", Diksha said disappeared.

After five minutes, Shreya walked in the living room along with Diksha. Aarav was mesmerised by her. She looked more beautiful today. The pink lehenga suited her. She had draped the dupatta around her body to give it a saree look. His eyes were taking in each part of her body. His gaze fell on her eyes and he was lost in its beauty. Her eyes seemed very expressive. He could see she was nervous but still she managed to walk with confidence.

Shreya was stunned to see the guy who she had accidentally bumped into at the wedding. She wasn't expecting him to be her fiance. He was wearing a white shirt and black vest. He looked smart and handsome. She could totally imagine herself drooling over him if their families would have not been here. Her eyes fell on Forum who was sitting next to Aarav with a grin on her face.

The world was really small, she thought. She walked towards her parents and took their blessings then she did the same with Aarav's parents and his aunt.

"You look beautiful, Shreya", Shweta complimented her before kissing her forehead lovingly.

Shreya closed her eyes and tried to control her tears. After so many years someone had kissed her forehead with so much love. She couldn't believe how the woman could shower her love without even knowing her. She looked at her own mother and tried to remember the last time she had willingly showed her affection.

"Shreya, you maybe marrying our son but we promise to treat you like our own daughter", Manish said looking at Shreya with pure adoration.

Shreya was finding it hard to control her tears. The couple who were her in laws now, showed her so much affection and her parents couldn't even do that.

"And if you have any complaints about Aarav you can come to me then I will see what to do with him", Neela said smiling as she pecked her forehead.

In that moment, for the first time she felt loved. She hugged both the woman who unknowingly had created a place in her heart. Aarav smiled at the little show of affection. Shaurya and Saloni were stunned and knew that this family was definitely going to heal their sister.

Parul looked at her daughter and suddenly she felt like she was the worst mother. Seeing Shreya hug Shweta and Neela, her heart clenched. She couldn't remember the last time Shreya had hugged her but how could she even hug her when all Parul had done was treat her like she didn't deserve to be loved. She looked at Prem who was standing there emotionless and looking at Shreya blankly. His yesterday's words were still ringing in her ears.

The door bell rang and Saloni rushed to open the door. Shreya pulled away from the hug and gave both the woman a loving and heartwarming smile. The priest entered the house. Shreya and Aarav sat on one sofa while the others sat on the other sofa.

Shreya suddenly felt suffocated. She wasn't use to being close to any male and now she was sitting right beside a male. She needed to get over with this soon.

The priests voice pulled her out of her reverie. Once Parul and Shweta were done exchanging things, the priest asked the couple to stand up for exchanging rings.

Shreya and Aarav stood up to exchange the rings. Rishabh shifted the table in a position where Aanchal and Neil could witness the ceremony.

Aarav raised his palm and Shreya hesitantly took the ring from Saloni who was giving her a loving smile. Shreya inhaled deeply and after a lot of pep talk she finally slid the ring in Aarav's finger. It was a simple platinum band. Aarav looked at the ring and kissed it. Shreya looked at him with a stunned expression.

Aarav took the ring from Forum as Shreya raised her shivering palm. He smiled at her lovingly and slid the ring in her finger. It was gold ring with a diamond in the middle. He raised her palm towards his lips and pecked it lightly. Shreya shuddered as he felt his warm lips on her finger.

Their families applauded and finally the couple broke from their trance. Everyone hugged each other as well as congratulated the couple.

"Congratulations munchkin", Jai said hugging Shreya.

Shreya hugged him back but pulled away as soon as she noticed Prem glaring at her.

"Congratulations duffer!", Diksha said giving Aarav a side hug.

"Thanks Diksha!"

Shweta came and passed a sweet to Aarav. He gave her a confused look.

"Stupid feed Shreya", Forum said laughing.

"Ohh", he said and bit his lip to hide his embarassment.

Saloni passed a sweet to Shreya which she took with trembling hands. Aarav fed her a bite and she fed him. The whole family showered the couple with rose petals.

Soon all of them started chatting leaving the couple to themselves. Aarav looked at Shreya who was busy fidgeting with her ring.

"Relax,I don't bite", Aarav whispered in her ears.

Shreya gasped hearing his husky voice and Aarav chuckled at her reaction. He took her palm in his hand and looked into her eyes. Shreya looked at him curiously.

"I promise you Shreya no matter what I will never leave your side"

____________

How was the chapter? Let me know :)
Vote and comment!

Love ya,
Hugs and Kisses,
See you soon!
-Rhea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 329 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
1.5M 58.1K 75
Previous Title : Tum Jo Nahi Toh Kuch Bhi Nahi He was sitting emotionlessly. He looked toward her in anger. She also looked at him but she was confus...
133K 7.8K 60
Divya Sharma, A sweet silent and a calm girl fighting with her own fears from her past. Her small family with her loving parents and a protective bro...
21.1K 1.6K 34
||Wattys 2022 Shortlist|| [Wattys Bootcamp Mentorship 2022 - Mentor: @beautlies] Three Amigos. Two soulmates. A tragedy that leaves a trail of broke...