UNFAZED - Book Three In The U...

By AlexisJadeS22

*COMPLETED* Book Three of the Unknown Identity Series! *IMPORTANT* please read UNNAMED and RENAMED fir... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - The Days
Chapter 2 - Missing Pieces
Chapter 3 - Curiosity
Chapter 4 - Lingering Words
Chapter 5 - Questioned
Chapter 6 - Crashing Down
Chapter 7 - Relax
Chapter 8 - The One Place I Call Home
Chapter 9 - Encounter
Chapter 10 - All Because Of You
Chapter 12 - "What's Done Is Done"
Chapter 13 - Deja Vu
Chapter 14 - Tough Decision
Chapter 15 - It Was Only A Dream
Chapter 16 - "It's Called Reflexes"
Chapter 17 - Dream Device
Chapter 18 - Before
Chapter 19 - Confession
Chapter 20 - Tomorrow
Chapter 21 - The Speech
Chapter 22 - The One And Only
Chapter 23 - Stupid Decision
Chapter 24 - Forgive & Forget
Chapter 25 - Shock
Chapter 26 - Unexpected
Chapter 27 - Ultimatum
Chapter 28 - Awake
Chapter 29 - "I'm Gone"
Chapter 30 - The Asset
Chapter 31 - Convince
Chapter 32 - "I Promise"
Chapter 33 - Fake ID
Chapter 34 - The Plan
Chapter 35 - Keeper
Chapter 36 - Eli
Chapter 37 - This Is It
Chapter 38 - Henry
Chapter 39 - Escape
Chapter 40 - Right Here, Right Now
Epilogue
THANK YOU
FACTS - Unknown Identity Series (IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT END)
In Love With The Girl Of Scars
CAST - The Unknown Identity Series
Extras

Chapter 11 - She's Here

47 7 3
By AlexisJadeS22

Keith's POV

    It's been a week since I was released from the hospital, which means that today's the day when Jay gets released too. Earlier, Jo-Je called the apartment phone, telling us that she would be taking Jay home, also known as here. I am glad that she's doing it, because I have a feeling that Jay isn't really that excited to see me.

   After all, I did lie to her, again, another thing that you can add to the list of mistakes that I've done to push her farther away. Memories of that night play over and over in my mind.

     "He said that if I didn't tell him where you were hiding, he...he'd shoot her," My voice broke at the end. "He said that I wouldn't get to see her again, because she'd be dead. Jay, I'm so sorry for telling him where you were...but I couldn't lose her, she's my mother. And I know you wont understand because of what I did to yours." A single traitor tear rolled off her cheek and onto her blue hospital gown, the tear leaving an oval shaped stain on the fabric.

   "W-why didn't you just lie about it? You seem to be really g-good at that," her lip quivered.

   A sudden pain erupted in my chest at her words.

   "Jay, I couldn't. He'd know I'd lied. He's smart about things, and I couldn't tell him false information. I'm sorry, I had to expose you."

   "I don't know if I can believe you,"

It was all because of me that I lost her trust. I've told her so many lies I can barely count, all have come back to me and have harmed our relationship, and I feel horrible for it. There's nothing more that I want to do than go back in time, and when I was about to tell a lie, change my mind and tell the truth. Except that night at Brett's house, I wanted to tell the truth, about everything but I forbid it, telling the lie instead.

If I would have told her the truth, then who knows where we'd be right now.

I mean, I killed her mom, and I knew very well that I did. I was selfish. Selfish to think that she would forgive me for doing the unforgivable. I took away that one last sliver of hope she had to finding her true family, I ruined it for her, and I don't think she'll ever forget it.

It was quarter to 1:00 PM. That meant that Jo-Je would be here soon, it was only then that the phone rang in the living room. Will wasn't home, he went out to go grocery shopping for stuff we needed here. I groaned to myself and got up off the bed and opened the door, leaving Jay's room to grab the phone.

Grabbing it and holding it up to my ear I say, "hello?"

"Hey..."

Bennett.

"What do you want?"

"Well I-um," silence, "is Jay coming home today?"

"...Why?"

"Because, I want to see her."

There was more, "and?" I ask.

"Apologize..."

"Look,I don't think that now would be the right time for you to do t-"

"Please," he begged.

He's so needy all of a sudden.

"No."

He plead again.

I let out a defeated sigh, because he wan't gonna stop. "Fine!"

"Thank you."

I was about to hang up when a question suddenly came into my mind. "Wait a second..."

"What?"

"How'd you get this number?"

"Uh... the same way I get everyone else's I looked." His tone sounded bored.

"Oh..."

of course. I felt so stupid for asking that.

   "Well...Uh, I'll be down there in a bit, bye." Bennett stated awkwardly through the phone, and hung up. I seriously would have never expected this to happen. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean the fact that I'm actually trusting - well half trusting - Bennett. And the fact that I'm actually letting him see Jay after all that he's done to her terrifies me, though I think it might be good, but honestly, I have no idea if it's a good thing or bad thing to do.

   She would be here soon, and I have no idea how she's gonna react to me or him.

  Was it to late to change my mind about this? Was this a good idea in the first place? Was it?

***

   Knock. Knock. Knock.

   She's here.

   I was quick to get to the door, mainly because my mind is buzzing in anticipation to see her agin, though she probably dreading seeing me...and that was all my fault that she felt like that. If I just didn't lie...

   "Is that her?"

   "Yeah."

   Grabbing and unlocking the white painted door to the apartment, I let out a shaky breath, reassuring myself over and over that everything was going to be okay and that it was already too late to back out now. A big part of me wished that I just had said 'no' to Bennett when he called. I should have just trusted my instincts, but as we all know, it's way to late now.

   The door came free from the gold panel that was drilled into the wall, reviewing a short, blonde girl, staring up at me with sparkling green eyes, they were piercing. Jay stood, alone, in the vacant hallway, stepping forward into the threshold, she caught me off guard when she wrapped her arm around my neck, pulling me into an embrace. I did the same, but wrapped my arms around her waist instead and pulled her cold figure to my chest, relieved that she's back now.

   "I'm sorry." She whispered faintly, letting go and stepping back so she could actually look me in the eyes. "I'm sorry for yelling at you that night and acting like a child when I know I shouldn't have. I understand now why you did it...why you lied...and I respect that. I can't imagine how it felt to hide it all, all the time. And I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for acting out, it wasn't my place to."

   I just smiled down at her, wanting to hold her again like we were minutes ago.

  "It's not your fault, please...don't apologize. It was my fault because I made you do it, you don't have to apologize for anything." I leant down, pecking her soft lips and pulling her into yet another embrace, warmth raiding my body instantaneously.

   "Come on, let's go inside and get you comfortable. There's someone here to see you." At that, Jay's face turned skeptical, confused to the fact of what I said, probably wondering why there was someone here.

  But, I just hope that this goes well and doesn't backfire on me, because I don't know what I would do if I did.

  Probably something I'll regret later...

____________

  Make sure to Vote and Comment!

  HAPPY READING

  ~AlexisJadeS22

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 8.9K 23
****book two of Savage MC series***** "Go on sweetie, blow out the candles and make a wish. Now don't tell anyone or it won't come true" "I wont, I p...
1.3K 115 32
Jay looked toward me and said " okay I will meet up with you. Bye Dillon." He said quickly and kissed on my cheek and ran toward ground. I touch my c...
2.1K 114 29
The first book of ' Unique ' series Broken hearts Reveal secrets Scares are open A living nightmares People die People live And love will be foun...
4.2K 162 82
« Alright, guys ? What do you think about past life and reincarnations ? » Dean was taken aback by Win's word toward his two friends. Who would ask s...