The Angel Of Darkness (Itachi...

By animelover123

Time has passed since the Uchiha massacre; barely anyone has heard from Izuka. Due to her quick thinking, she... More

She's back
Memories
Getting a life
New Mission
The First Exam
The Prelims start
Jiraiya
Down memory lane
A date?
A day with Sasuke
Naruto vs Neji
Attack on the Village
Hokage's funeral
Uchiha's reunited
The great slug queen returns ^^
Izuka's concern
No show
Prisoner
Stupid orochimaru
Saved?
Oh how great
Itachi's feelings
Suspicious Akatsuki
Great impression
Fight with Hidan
They finally know
Wrong questions
A day with Konan
Interesting night
Journey XD
Two secrets out
Party time O.o
Identity Revealed! :O
Pein's order
Itachi vs Izuka
Recovery
In two years time
Izuka profile (don't have to read)
Part 3: The Return
To the Sand Village
Attack on Suna
Team Kakashi Arrives
Yoichi
Yoichi's identity
The Confession
A New Beginning
The Mission
Shared Sorrows
Suspicions
The Funeral
Personal Mission
Relaxation
Deidara
Sasuke vs Itachi (Final Chapter)

Forest of Death

20.1K 480 108
By animelover123

"Welcome to the stage for the second test, practice area 44. Also known as the forest of death!" Anko told shouted. "You'll soon find out why it's called the forest of death."

"You'll soon find out why it's called the forest of death." Naruto mocked. "You think that scares me? That's nothing! I'm not afraid!"

I shot him a glare knowing I taught him how to respect others.

"Yeah you're spirited," Anko said with smile pulling out a kunai. She threw it at Naruto scratching his face and cutting a grass ninja's hair. "Kids like you are quickly killed hehehe. Spraying that red blood I love." Anko said licking the blood off of Naruto's face.

The grass ninja appeared behind Anko with its tongue stretched out holding the kunai with it. I stared at the ninja studying their every move; something wasn't right.

"Here's your kunai," the grass ninja said holding Anko's kunai in her tongue.

"Why thank you. But you know don't sneak up behind me unless you want to die." Anko said.

"No I just get excited when I see red blood, plus you cut my precious hair, I couldn't help it." The girl replied.

"Sorry about that," Anko apologized. "Looks like we have a lot of blood thirsty ones in this test. Hehehe this should be fun eh Izuka?" Anko said low enough for only her to hear.

"It seems so," I replied still staring at the ninja.

She stared back at me making me feel uneasy. Anko turned to the genin getting their attention.

"Now before we start the second test there's something I have to pass out." Anko said holding papers in her hand. "You must sign these agreement forms."

"What?" Naruto asked.

"There will be deaths in this and if I don't have you sign these it will all be my responsibility. I'm going to explain the second test, then you can sign it afterwards. And then each team will check in at that booth behind me."

Then she gave Naruto the papers to pass around. Anko then explained the rules of the second exam and turned to me.

"That is it for explanations. Exchange the three forms for your scroll. Then choose a gate to get ready for the exam to begin. One more thing." She then motioned to me. "This is our other instructor and she'll be in the forest with you monitoring all of you. She has both scrolls and if you're desperate enough, you can fight for her scrolls but I don't recommend it unless you have a death wish." All the Genin looked at me with fear in their eyes. "A final word of advice...DON'T DIE! Especially those brave enough to face this one." She said jabbing her thumb in my direction. "She's more blood thirsty than me."

They looked at me with fear in eyes but also determination. After a few minutes of them filling out the forms the exams were about to begin. I walked over to Anko and she handed me my scrolls. I waited at my gate near the grass ninja and put the scrolls in my weapons pouch. I've only been in area 44 two times in my life and which was pretty hard to survive. Now it's even harder since there more enemies out there.

The gates were finally opened and everyone ran into the forest. I ran inside heading for the tower not even ten minutes into the test I heard screaming. Curiously I ran towards to where I heard the scream to see Genin covered in giant leeches.

"The Aburame clan," I concluded witnessing the victims blood being sucked out.

I started to run again through the forest looking for anything suspicious until I felt someone following me. Suddenly, I couldn't hear the animals that I've been hearing for a while anymore. I activated my Sharingan seeing that I was in a genjutsu. Quickly, I dispelled the genjutsu and saw the ninja responsible. They all rushed towards me with the intent to kill but I easily dodged their attacks.

"Heh, you don't look so terrifying," one of them said gripping his dagger. 

"Yeah, you look weak." The girl shouted.

I deactivate my Sharingan then looked at the three who stood in front of me. Telling from their headbands they were from the hidden cloud village. They weren't that smart though, surrounding me would've been better.

"What makes you think that you can beat me?" I questioned.

"We're the strongest team in the cloud village, that's why we can beat you. The Leaf is weak."

All three came at me with their swords. Getting out a kunai I deflected all three then threw kunai at them. A puff of smoke was seen indicating that they were only clones. I felt them above me, below me, and beside me. The one below grabbed my ankles making it so I couldn't move. The girl above me threw kunai, shuriken, and swords in my direction. Weaving hand signs I made a mud wall surround me. The weapons all hit the mud; when it stopped I dispelled the jutsu.

I then heard the last Genin run towards me. He was about to stab my heart but I swiftly twisted my torso around, grabbed the sword out of his hands, and tried to stab him. He did a back flip and all three appeared in front of me. I got out my sword summoning my chakra into it. The blade was covered in lightning. I made the lightning on the sword shoot out and hit the three Genin in the hearts. They died instantly with no pain.

"Hmph, weak." I commented as I put away my sword. I had to thank Danzo for helping me discover and train my lightning affinity. It was a difficult process; so hard to control but his rigorous training helped me control it.

After an hour I heard a scream; not just any scream but Sasuke's. I ran towards the direction of the scream to see Sasuke on the ground panting; same with Sakura. In front of him was none other than Orochimaru. I threw a kunai towards him but he caught it.

"Well well well who do we have here?" He hissed turning towards me with a smirk on his face.

I appeared in front of Sasuke protecting him from Orochimaru's grasp.

"Ah yes, you're that other instructor, but you look so familiar. Have we met somewhere before?" Orochimaru asked studying my face. He was toying with me; he had to be...maybe not. Sasuke was the only documented Uchiha survivor. 

I ran at him engaging him in Taijutsu. He tried for a kick but I did a back flip avoiding his attack. He appeared behind me trying to grab my neck but I fell forward lifting my leg kicking him straight in the jaw. He flew up into the air hitting a branch.

"So what Anko said was true. You are strong; you defiantly remind me of someone. Hmmmm...beautiful on the outside but deadly on the inside. You're the legendary Angel of Darkness." He concluded but still didn't say my actual name.

"You're correct. Does that surprise you?" I asked throwing punches and kicks.

"Yes it does.....I want you to join me. With your power, we'll be unstoppable." He chuckled as he pulled out a kunai slashing my left shoulder.

"This will surprise you even more." I said quickly weaving signs then held up my good arm. "Striking shadow snake!" I exclaimed as many snakes slithered out of my sleeve to attack my opponent. While he was distracted, I wove more signs creating an earth dragon.

His eyes widened in surprise when he noticed the dragon unable to dodge. He flew back breaking trees that got in the way. Once he stopped he slid down the tree then got up slowly starting to laugh maniacally.

"So, you're somehow alive? I thought Itachi had killed you." He chuckled walking towards me.

"Well Orochimaru-sensei, I guess I was just lucky."

I could see Sakura turn towards me with a shocked expression. Then I felt my wrist start to burn; it was the curse mark acting up. I fell to my knees holding onto my wrist. Orochimaru bent down to my level, moved a stray hair behind my ear, and stoked my face.

"Well Izuka, it's been so long that I didn't even recognize you. You've turned into such a beauty, but that's what is expected of an Uchiha. I knew that you would be stronger when you got older. You've done a great job raising these two young boys. You're still my favorite student."

I gave him the famous Uchiha glare added with my Sharingan which made me start to feel weaker. My chakra was draining quickly so I deactivated it.

"Oh so scary Izuka-chan. I know that you're not loyal to the Hokage." He whispered making me freeze.

I widened my eyes but when I tried to stand, the curse mark paralyzed me. Orochimaru chuckled while grabbing my neck to lift me up. He slammed me against the tree with his grip tightening causing me to lose oxygen. I gasped for air but it was no use. He looked me up and down, his eyes landed on my best friend necklace.

"I see, did something happen to little Yumi?" He questioned with a sadistic smile.

"Don't speak of her," I managed to say.

"I'm guessing she died."

"SHUT UP!" I gasped in anger.

I regained control over my body again and kicked him as hard as I could. I couldn't move anymore; the curse mark sucked away all my chakra. His grip tightened around my neck and threw me towards the ground with force. When I hit the ground pain exploded throughout my body. He finally got up the stretched his neck towards Sasuke.

"NO!" I shouted trying to get up but fell to the ground.

It was too late.....He bit into Sasuke's neck causing him to scream in agonizing pain holding onto his neck.

"Soon Sasuke-sun will seek me at for power. Izuka I'm happy that my favorite student is still alive. It was nice seeing you again; I hope you'll join me once Sasuke does."

When he disappeared I could move again so I ran towards Sasuke and Sakura. Putting Sasuke's head on my lap I started to heal his wounds as he gripped onto my shirt because of the pain. I couldn't take seeing him like this; it broke my heart. Why couldn't it have been me instead of him? Sasuke means everything to me. I stroked his hair trying to calm him down.

"It's going to be alright Sasuke....I'm here.....You're safe." I whispered to him cradling him close to me.

I lifted him up so that he was sitting up and hit the pressure point on his neck making him fall asleep.

"Sakura.... I need you to take care of Naruto and Sasuke for me."

"But Izuka-sensei! What about you!?" She cried.

"I have to tell Hokage-sama what happened. I know that you can protect them. They're my brothers and I trust you with their lives. I have to go now so take care of them."

"Okay...I won't let you down." She said with determination.

I got up and started to run towards the tower. After a few hours of dodging teams and animals I made it to my destination. I ran inside appearing beside Anko looking at the Hokage.

"Izuka, what happened? Your chakra is almost gone and you're injured." The Hokage exclaimed.

"Orochimaru happened; he drained my chakra with the curse mark and we battled." I answered as I took a seat in a chair trying to rest.

"I see, where was he last?"

"About 3 kilometers south of here. I'm sorry that I couldn't stop him from biting Sasuke sir." I looked down in disappointment. If I didn't have the cursemark, I could've stopped him. I had the chance to use my sharingan on him but my chakra was too low.

"It's alright Izuka; I'm glad that you're okay. I'm surprised that he didn't take you with him. Did he recognize you?"

"At first no he was suspicious but then he recognized a jutsu that I used. He was surprised that I was alive."

"You're dismissed; how many teams did you encounter though?"

"Five, they won't be making it back home." I said coldly making them all shiver.

"I told them not to mess with you." Anko sighed.

I exited the room and continued to walk through the tower seeing if any other teams have arrived. I was worried about Sasuke and Naruto. They might not pass the test at all. My mind wondered for a whole thinking about various things.

While I was walking I heard a few people talking in a room. I walked closer towards the voices and stopped at an open door. In the room I saw all of my friends Kakashi, Kurenai, Asuma, Gai, Ibiki, Iruka, Izumo, Kotetsu, and some other Chuunin.

At first they didn't notice me but when I walked in they did. They all watched me come in and take a seat then their eyes trailed to my neck noticing the bruise and then my cuts. They were all concerned.

"Izuka, what happened? Asuma asked breaking the silence flicking his cigarette ashes out the window.

"Orochimaru," I answered looking him in the eye.

"Are you alright?" Kurenai gasped with a concerned expression. I've only met her a few times through Kakashi along with his other friends. We've gotten closer over the past few months I've been off duty.

"Yeah just some scrapes and bruises; it hurts a little but I'll be fine. Once my chakra replenishes, I'll heal it."

"Your chakra is so low." Kakashi mentioned for once looking away from his book.

"Yeah, he activated my curse mark taking away my chakra."

They all looked at me for a few moments but then went back to their own conversations. After a while Kakashi came over to where I was sitting.

"Wanna take a walk? Just like old times?" He asked.

"Sure, it's boring here." I answered.

Getting up we left the room; as we were walking we passed a mirror. I finally got a good look at myself and saw that I was covered in dirt and blood. You could hardly tell if it was my blood or someone else's. My eyes trailed up to my neck which was badly bruised. It was dark blue and black in the shape of a hand. When I was done examining myself we started to walk again.

"So what are you going to do now?" Kakashi asked me.

"About what?"

"About Orochimaru."

"Just wait until he makes his move then I'll fight him."

It felt awkward talking to him again; it's been so long since we've talked. Even with me being off duty for now, we haven't seen each other. He's been busy with his team and their missions.

"A wise choice. So do you still take pictures?"

"Yeah, even though I was on mission I had some free time and snapped some pictures of you guys; you didn't even notice."

"I see, so you couldn't completely isolate yourself from us."

"Of course I couldn't; I love you guys." I then looked down at the ground. "I was too afraid to approach anyone. I was glad a few of you knew I was still alive and remembered me."

"We could never forget you Izuka, you're so friendly and strong."

"Even though I was always busy I looked out for Naruto and Sasuke."

"Well you did a good job of raising them." He said with his famous smile.

"I guess I did."

"Will you be able to tell me about the mission you were on?"

"I can't, but I will say. You were in a similar situation in the past."

We walked in silence enjoying each other's company. We walked around some more until Kakashi had to go. As I was walking I saw the sand ninja wondering as well. I examined them and saw that the one with red hair didn't have any scratches or marks on him, but is teammates did. They examined me noticing that I was covered in blood and dirt. The older teammates had fear on their faces but the younger one looked indifferent.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 9.9K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
908K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...
165K 6.9K 40
Sasuke Uchiha never left Konoha. The Uchiha massacre never happened. Itachi Uchiha - Sasuke's older brother, didn't join Akatsuki. Sasuke was never c...
99.9K 4.1K 51
[Book 1] Non-Massacre! Slight AU! "I don't want to protect this village. I want to protect the individuals I care about in the village alone, that's...