There's Beauty in Simplicity

By Onedirection_llnh

This is a fanfic about Louis and Harry in a time resembling Tangled. They live a tranquil life that is until... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1- Bringing him Home
Chapter 2- The Morning After
Chapter 4- Unforeseen Circumstances
Chapter 5- The Making of a Family

Chapter 3- What the future holds

509 15 7
By Onedirection_llnh

(Niall is the size above)

-Louis' POV-
I've been working on Niall's things for hours now, he's still playing with the animals and I haven't stopped smiling. He's just too darn cute and I can't wait to get to know his personality more. God knows how long he was out there all alone, how could anyone just leave him like that, he's so small and fragile looking it hurts to think how he must of felt but it's all going to change for him now that he has us. Im gonna make sure he feels safe and loved every second of everyday and I'm positive Harry feels the same. Speaking of my curly haired husband I wonder how he's doing, how many pieces of furniture has he done and is he as excited as me?

After a little while I noticed my little baby is getting tired, he's just laying on the carpet next to the cat just petting her fur. I get up and walk over to little Niall and scoop him up "well I think you need a nap little one" I say to him even though I'm positive he's too tired to even listen to me. I put his head on my shoulder and walk towards our room, I set him on the bed and check his little make shift nappy. It's wet so I gently clean him up a bit so to not wake him, I lift his legs by using one of my hands to grab both his little ankles then use the same nappy to wipe him clean. Then I use a clean cloth, that I dipped in some clean water, to make sure he's completely clean and finally I grab another cloth and make another makeshift nappy out of it. Once I'm done I go to put him in his temporary crib but he grips my shirt and whimpers. "What's wrong honey bunny? I'm just gonna lay you down so you can nap, there's nothing to worry about" I coo in his ear but all he does is just whimper some more and tighten his grip on me so then I just decide to rock him until he's asleep for sure. I rearrange him so he's cradled in my arms and his head is in the crook of my elbow, "there there baby I'm here, there's nothing to be scared about" I say while rocking him. I continue with this for another 15 minutes and when I feel a little drool on the front of my shirt I realize he is finally in a deep sleep. I ever so gently put him down in his crib and place a light blanket on top of him since it is quite warm. I lean to give him a little kiss and push back some of his hair from his forehead. I get up from my leaning position and make my way towards the door. Right before I close the door though I look back one more time to just make sure my new little baby is safe and once I see him laying down and his hair lightly blowing because of the slight breeze in the room, due to the open window, I walk out.

Once i get to the living room I decide to call Harry over so I can see how much he's done, plus I miss him and wanna see his face too. I walk towards the front porch and whistle, I then hear him whistle back signaling he heard me and is on his way. I make my way inside and gather up the stuff I've made so I can show him.

"Hi baby, is there something you need I was in the middle of making his crib" he tells me while wiping his hands on a dish rag. "Nope just wanted to show you what I've done so far because little Nialler is sleeping, and I wanted to see you" I say sheepishly. He smiles and walks towards me, he puts his hand on my back and pulls me to him as he smirks. "Well the good thing you did because I was missing you too" he whispers against my lips right before he connects his with mine, we kiss for a while and not until it gets pretty heated do I stop. "No wait babe as much as I would love for us to have sex on the couch I called you over because I wanted to show you what I've done so far" I say with rapid breaths since I'm still slightly out of breath. "Oh yeah sure baby we'll just continue this tonight after the little lad is asleep" I nod with a smile on my face and then push him on the couch to sit so I can show him all I've done.

I get out all the outfits I've made and tell him to close his eyes so I can lay them out one by one. "Okay open your eyes"

"baby these are so cute and will look adorable on him" he says with a fond look in his eyes "I've only made these so far it's still pretty hot outside so I figured the lighter the better. I could of made more but I can't stop looking at him, he's just so cute and all I wanna do is hold him but I can't because of the needles I'm using and ugh he's so cute Hazza! I'm so happy we found him" I choke on a sob on my last sentence and he comes over to me and pulls me into his embrace. "I know baby we're so lucky and I can't be grateful enough we did, I just can't wait for him to get used to us and calls us his parents". the last part of his statement makes me think, what will he call us?

"Hazza?" I ask pulling out of his hug "yes baby" he answers back looking into my eyes "what do you think he'll call us?" I ask him. "Not sure Lou, that's up to him and hopefully we'll find out soon enough" I nod my head yes and we continue our conversation. I explain to him that I'm going to make a couple more outfits and that tonight while our baby is sleeping im gonna make him his present, a stuffy.

We're sitting on the ground with Harry behind me and me sitting down in front of him, on the V of his legs, with my back to his chest and his arms around me. We've been talking nonstop about what we are planing on making for our new little guy, he tells me that today he'd probably only get two pieces of furniture done and he'll finish the rest throughout the week.

Our conversation is cut short when we hear a little whimper coming from our room so we both get up and go check on Niall. When we open the door I see the cutest thing I've ever seen, Niall has a serious case of bed head and he has a little pout on his lips. I let out an involuntary coo and go to pick him up. "It's okay baby no need to be upset, I know waking up isn't so great" I say to him gently while rocking him in my arms. "And look babes Harry's here!" I say in an overly excited voice. Niall stops crying and looks over at Harry, he rubs his eyes then shyly smiles at him. Harrys takes a step forward and takes Niall from my hold. "Well hello little man long time no see huh, how was your nap?" He asks, hoping to get a verbal reply instead Niall just smiles and leans in to grab one of Harry's curls. He pulls it till it's straight then let's go of it until it turns into a curl again. We both chuckle in return, Harry takes a hold of both his hands and pretends to nibble on them. "Don't mess with my hair bunny cause I'll eat your fingers if you do" Harry says.

Niall squeals and tries to get away from Harry's teeth but Harry is having none of it so he pulls Niall closer and starts nibbling on Niall's neck. This of course causes Niall to laugh uncontrollably resulting in me laughing as well. "Okay you two stop messin' and let's grab some lunch" I say as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Oh that reminds me I have one furniture piece done right now and It's the perfect time to use it" Harry says while making his way to me with a still giggling Niall. He hands Niall's to me and jogs out to the where he's been building the pieces.

"So bunny what would you like to eat?" I ask him, he just shrugs and lays his head down on my shoulder. I decide on making pasta and some nice refreshing orange juice, as I'm taking the ingredients out Harry comes stumbling in.

He's carrying in a beautiful highchair that honesty brings tears to my eyes, seeing it there just makes it all more real that we in fact have a baby of our own. "Well here it is Lou, it's the first thing I made since I knew we would be needing it soon" Harry says, breathing hard from jogging to and from the shed.

I walk towards it, with Niall still on my hip, and once I touch it I let out a chocked sob. Harry comes and envelops us into a hug "why are you crying love? If you don't like it I can always make another one" he says while he's rubbing his large hand up and down my back. "No it's not that babe I just... It's so beautiful and I love it" I say getting all emotional again. I feel a hand on my cheek only this hand is way too tiny to be Harry's so I assume it's Niall. And my suspicions are confirmed when I turn my head and I'm met with a set of blue and worried eyes. He stills says nothing but gently kisses my cheek and wraps his arms around my neck for a hug. I give a watery laugh and hug him back with a kiss to his temple.

After standing there for another minute or so I ask Harry if he can bring Niall's highchair over to the table and so he does. The next fifteen minutes are spent with me cooking lunch and Harry playing with Niall in the kitchen. He mostly plays peekaboo with him and tells him little stories.

Once I'm done with lunch I set it on the table and serve all of us food.

"Baby it looks amazing!" Harry exclaims and Niall seems to agree because he bangs his little hands on the tray of his high chair. "Thanks Hazza I was craving pasta and I know it's hot today so I figured some cold orange juice would do you some good since you're working hard out there".

Lunch consists of me feeding Niall and myself, of course the little lad got all messy so I think I'm going to add bibs to the list of things I'm gonna be making for him. Once all of us are done with lunch Harry and I begin to clean up, Niall sitting quietly in his highchair just watching us move about.

"Well babe I'm gonna go back to working on the crib if you need me just whistle" I nod and let him peck me on the lips and he proceeds to do the same with Niall. "Well once again it's just you and me bunny so I guess it's back to work huh" I move us over to the living room and gather up all the materials and proceed to finish some more outfits. Niall occupies himself with the dogs again and pretty much just squeals and laughs at what they do. He seems distracted so I start to make him his little surprise, I was gonna give it him tomorrow morning but it seems like a better idea for him to have it tonight instead. He's so distracted that he doesn't seem notice what I'm doing, although I'm still careful to not let him see so I check to make sure he's not looking.

The next time I look up I see that he's squating on the floor and even though I've not been around babies to often I can recognize that face anywhere. He's pooping. After a few minutes he goes back to sitting down and I wince when he does for I know he just mushed it all up. During this whole time I pretended not to notice so I don't make him uncomfortable but now I have to make it known so I can change him. "Hey sweetie do you need a change?" I gently ask while approaching, he looks up at me and shakes his head. I know he's lying so I carefully pick him up from the ground and go to sniff his bum. Of course he tries squirm out of my grip but I just hold on tightly. "Hmm I think you did sweetheart, otherwise it wouldn't smell bad in there" I tease which makes him blush and hide his face on my shoulder. "Nothing to be embarrassed about baby boy I'm your daddy so it's my job to take care of you" I coo to him.

I gently set him down on the bed and start changing him, I first get rid of the safety pins then pull down the front of his nappy. He squirms a bit more but with a hand on his tummy I get him to stop. "There all done, see that took almost no time" i say, picking him back up then heading outside instead so I can go check on the garden.

As I'm checking the garden I realize that until Niall is a little older we're gonna have to hold him while we're working so I mentally add a baby sling to the things I have to make this week. "Hey baby I didn't know you were going to be out here" harry says but it startles me so let out a shriek and hold Niall protectively to me. "Hazza you scared me!! Don't sneak up on me like that." Harry chuckles at my reaction and kisses my forehead "Sorry Lou I didn't mean to"he says while taking Niall from my arms and kissing his little chubby cheeks. "It's alright you just frightened me is all."

We make our way back inside and I proceed to take my shoes off. "Oh I forgot I went to find you because I'm done with the crib and I wanted to show you but I'm gonna put it in our room so you can see the full affect." Harry says excitedly, he runs out the door and disappears into the barn.

"Are you excited bunny papa made a bed for you!" I say as I tickle his tummy to get a giggle out of him, which I succeed to do. "Okay Lou close your eyes and Niall's so I can show you" I do as he says and close my eyes as well as cover Niall's with my hand. Harry leads us to the room and stops once I assume we arrived. "Okay open them!" Once I do I start to cry all over again. "Harry it's gorgeous" I sob out.

(Imagine the bed is queen sized)

It's simple yet so beautiful at the same time. "I wanted to make one that goes in our room so we can keep an eye on him at night. But I plan on making him another one for his room once he's settled in and not afraid to be by himself" I agreed with him, wrapping my arm(that isn't holding Niall) around his waist and leaning my head up for a kiss. "I love you Harry and you too Nialler, I love y'all both more than words can express"

That night after I put Niall down in his crib, Harry and I make plans to go the village for needed supplies for Niall. And maybe make out a little on the sofa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 35.7K 59
[Fluffy/smutty] What blossoms from an innocent crush turns into an intense game of hard-to-get between Harry and Louis. Their relationship quickly be...
223K 7.7K 23
Au where Harry drops his daughter off at soccer practice and Louis is her coach. bottom!harry -inspired by an unknown twitter user
22.7K 637 26
Harry loves dressing up he loves skirts and dresses but never dares to dress up in public what happens when his crush shows up at his front door... "...
603K 18.5K 32
In which Louis is weak while Harry is a bit of an asshole.