Betrayed By Fate

By alice-ayuzawa

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson... More

Author Note
"That smile of yours is haunting me"
Chapter 1 |Wolfsbane
Chapter 2 |Alpha Visitor
Chapter 3 | Escape
Chapter 4 | Jenn
Chapter 5 | Stranger
Chapter 6 | Mate
Chapter 7 | 'Alpha King'
Chapter 8 | Rejection
Chapter 9 | Taunting
Chapter 10 | Awaken
Chapter 11 | Stay
Chapter 12 | Tag Along
Chapter 13 | Jake
Chapter 14 | Aether
Chapter 15 | Shopping
Chapter 17 | Bloodshed
Chapter 18 | "Lily"
Chapter 19 | Confronting
Chapter 20 | Return
Chapter 21 | Past
Chapter 22 | Brother
Chapter 23 | "Netflix And Chill"
Chapter 24 | Lost
Chapter 25 | Seer
Chapter 26 | Memory
Chapter 27 | Heated
Chapter 28 | Apple
Chapter 29 | Arlen
Chapter 30 | Bunny?
Chapter 31 | I Love You
Chapter 32 | Surprise?
Chapter 33 | Forest
Chapter 34 | "Rogue"
Chapter 35 | Prank
Chapter 36 | "Nothing happened"
Chspter 36.5 | Bonus
Chapter 37 | Kiss
Chapter 38 | Luke
Chapter 39 | R.I.P
Chapter 40 | "I won't"
Chapter 41 | Party
Chapter 42 | "Burn it!"
Chapter 43 | Silver
Chapter 44 | Leave
Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"
Chapter 46 | Meeting
Chapter 47 | Zaire
Chapter 48 | Punch Me
New book
Chapter 49 | Save her
Characters Magazine [pleeease read]
Chapter 50 | I Will Tell Him
Chapter 51 | Pain
Hi...please don't kill me A/N
Chapter 52 | Goddess
Chapter 53 | Angel
NOTE
Chapter 54 | Time
Chapter 55 | Blood
Chapter 56 | Home
Chapter 57 | "I love you..."
Chapter 58 | Why
Chapter 59 | You Are Lost
Chapter 60 | Smile
Epilogue |1| Brown
Epilogue |2| Babies
Epilogue |3| Story
Epilogue |4| Mystery?
Q&A (and interesting facts )

Chapter 16 | Flower

113K 4.4K 627
By alice-ayuzawa

Ok. Ignore the sketchy drawing of Lily, I was bored and wanted Inspiration.
This has nothing to do with this Chapter!
Jk, don't take it serious.
(I was too lazy to colour her)
Opinion?
************************************

( Jake's POV )

Why does it affect me?

Her closeness. Her divine scent. Her shining silver eyes that hold so many secrets.

It's driving me crazy, she killed Ava yet it is like my whole existence calls out to her, her scent drawing me closer.

I don't want this! I had Ava, I was happy with her even though I lost hope in finding my mate, she understood me, she stood by my side when I needed it. I've shared my darkest secrets with her and the things that kept me steady.

And Lily took her from me.

Why?

After all this?

WHY CAN'T I SEEM TO HATE HER!

She took the light from me, why can't I hate her? Am I not supposed to? She is like all the filthy rouges out there who were responsible for the f*cked up childhood memories I have.

Stop.

Aether..

You think Ava was your light? You think that our mate is not capable to give you more than Ava ever could?

...

Try to think why she would kill these particular group who were outside the pack borders, don't you find it weird?

These particular group were all new pack members who were accepted in the pack around the same time, they didn't know eachother so why would they be together?

Let me think about it..

Zaire was never the type to let it slide if it comes to the pack I didn't ask because I assumed he let her go on the Luna's request...even if he let her live why would he let her be in the pack let alone near the Luna.

What's also suspicious, is that nobody in the pack lost a word about the incident. 5 pack members died and no one cared.

I need to ask Zaire.

I was on my way to his office, a faint kid's giggle coming from the living room, stopping me.

Since when are there children in the pack house?

Not that I know.

I decided to ask Zaire later and take care of the little brats that sneaked in the pack house.

I walked in the living room "What are you kids doi-" I stopped when I saw that the whole floor was covered in flowers and my mate surrounded by kids in the middle.

You admitted that she is your mate.

..no I didn't, you just keep saying it, it rubbed off.

You are slowly giving in.

No I am not.

I blocked him and devoted my attention to the mess in front of me. The children were ones from the orphanage, how did they get here?

"What are you kids doing here?" Their eyes snaped to me, the giggling stopped. In a matter of seconds the three children cowered behind Lily who was making a flower crown.

At least you don't call her 'she' or just 'her.

"Big sister!" They said in unison.

Big sister?

Her mesmerising silver eyes met my blue ones, a soft smile graced her lips.

"Want to join us?" She finished the flower crown and put it on the head of one of the girls.

"What are the kids doing here Lily, they are not allowed here" I said sternly.

Her smile widen at the sound of her name but her eyes didn't smile.

"Big sister brought us flowers from the field and taught us how to press them, she took us here so she would teach us how to do a floral wreath" Said Emily, the little blonde shy girl who I didn't expect to be here, she usually doesn't trust anyone easily.

"They wanted to go outside the border and get the flowers so badly so I went and brought them, I asked them if they want to know more things to do with flowers, they agreed that is why we are here" she answered calmly while beginning a new flower cown.

"You kids need to go home but before that you have to clean this mess up"

"There's no rush, Zaire and Jenn are on a date they won't come till late in the night. I guess you wanted to speak with Zaire. He is not here. Why don't you sit with us?"

Before I could answer two of the three girls began to drag me to Lily who was sitting on the floor surrounded by flowers.

'She looks so beautiful' isn't that what you thought?

No.

Haha, you always answer in short words when you lie.

Bullshit.

I sat down leaning on the couch, sitting on the carpet in a safe distance. I sighed tiredly.

"Why are you calling her 'Big sister'?"

They gulped audibly, usually they are cheeky brats, they never were the scared type.

Lily stood up " You kids are sure hungry, do you want to eat pasta?" She put the last flower crown on Veronica's head.

"Yes, pleaaaase" they shouted in unison.

She left, I once more asked "Why are you calling her 'Big sister'?" They looked at eachother horror in their eyes.

June spoke first "She is really nice" the usual sassy tone gone.

I focused my stare at them "And now the truth"

Emily sighed " Big sis can be reaaaaal scary! She caught us when we sneaked out of the pack to get flowers-"

Veronica continued " She helped us pick some and brought us back to the orphanage. The whole way she has scolded us-"

June this time finished " Her eyes are scary not even Kathrin has glared at us like that, she glared at us all the way. When we started to pretend to cry she didn't faze at all, she even scolded us more! We even used the puppy eyes!" Kathrin is one of the sisters helping in the orphanage.

Even the puppy eyes?

"Then why 'Big sister'?"

They shared a moment before turning to me "We didn't want to talk about it..but you helped us a lot so"

" When we arrived she changed her attitude completely and smiled at us, we thought she had some screws loose.' I lost my parents a long time ago, I didn't have any family, I was completey alone' she began to talk, ' you otherwise left the pack boundaries knowing that there are people who will get worried about you, who would miss you. You are young, anything could have happened to you, you could've died' " Emily had guilt in her eyes.

" 'If you don't treasure your life there are others who do, and if you think that there's no one, I value it. I know you didn't want to do any harm, but it is dangerous nonetheless. Just ask me if you want flowers' she left after that" Emily finished.

"She is scary...but she cared about us without even knowing us" Veronica played with her hands.

These three brats have been problem children, they hated the orphanage, they still think that their family left them because they didn't want them. Living as an orphan is hard having to see all the happy families around you I very much can understand how they feel.

Kathrin helped them a lot.

"FOOD IS READY." Lily's voice ringed loudly in the room.

Their eyes glowed as they ran to the kitchen "FOOD!"

I followed them to see Lily in a flower apron serving the sauce on the noodles. The appetizing smell of the fresh food waking my stomach.

The girls giggled, she put a plate in front of me, I kept quiet and took the fork. As the noodles met my my tounge, my eyes went wide.

It is good.

Of course, our mate made it.

It is spicy, a little too spicy for the girls.

Even though I like it spicy.

"Don't you think it is too spicy for the girls" I met her glance that was fixed on me since she gave me the plate.

"Not that I know" Veronica said muffeld. Her mouth full of noodles.

"It is just your plate" Lily smiled not breaking her stare.

How?

We ate without saying another word expect the ranting from the kids saying how good the pasta is and that she should teach the cook in the orphanage.

After they ate, Lily brought them home. I went to library for some peace of mind..or what I wished I would get, she came back after 15 minutes straight to me. Occupying the seat beside me, she had the same book in her hands as the last time.

"Why are you here?" I asked curiosity rising in me, my voice still cold towards her.

She stared at me in silence.

Okay?

I felt something falling on my lap, I looked down to see her head lying on my lap. How did I not notice that?

You were thinking too much to notice our cute mate in your lap.

Pfft, she? Cute?

I tried to ignore the piercing silver eyes staring back at me and the tingles that came with a strange warm feeling inside me.

"Get off me." I demanded coldly.

she gave me a lazy smile a sigh like giggle escaping her lips, her hand reached for my cheek. I froze completely in place, a burning sensation going along her touch.

She lightly brushed my cheeks until she lightly tugged my left ear which now felt like it is on fire.

No, she can't affect me with her touch. Nope.

Still in denial? I thought we cleared that up. She IS our mate AND she has an effect on you as you do on her.

No!

Stop running away.

I ignored him.

"Your ears turn red when you are embarrassed..or is it excited?" She smirked the last part.

I pushed her hand away, looking anywhere but her. We fell in a suprising pleasant silence.

Mhmm. I thought you hated her, why are you letting her lie on you?

...

I cut the silence by my brilliant question.

"Why did you kill them?" This was running through my mind since Aether asked me.

Her eyes opened wide, I visibly caught her off guard. Her eyes got clouded she sprang up from my lap sitting on her seat.

"I can't tell you"

"Why?"

She smiled "Are you searching for a reason to forgive me?"

I gritted my teeth "NO. Now answer"

She looked at the door " I can't tell you" she left with her book.

I knew it. She is like all the other rogues.

...you will regret it.

He blocked me.

I was on my way to my room it is still early, I can't continue my work in library... her scent is still lingering there.

"SH*T!" I heard her curse from downstairs the next thing I heard was the front door being slammed close.

Where is she going?

Follow her.

Not any of my business.

I have a bad feeling.

I went to my room letting the door open, I am alone and the house is completely silent. I glance at the clock from time to time, where did she go it has been 15 minuits..

I couldn't concentrate and decided to follow her for Aether.

Liar. You are worried.

...maybe a little her behaviour was strange.

Go.

I followed her scent which was pretty easy, the scent went into the forest, past the guards out of the territory...

She is leaving?

F*ck! Run faster!

I picked up my speed, her scent getting stronger but it was mixed...

..blood?

I swear if anything happened to her you are DEAD!

Sh*t.

************************************************
I was listening to that song while writing the chapter.
Hehe I decided that next chapter will be where I let my evil self out 😈
I hope you enjoyed the chapter <3

Ps: WE REACHED 1K !!!
Thanks to all who have been reading!

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE?

ENJOY <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

831K 30.4K 43
A/N: Just as a reminder. I am not a cliche person. I do do cliche topics but they all have a Rissa twist. Check it out, and I hope ya'll enjoy. _____...
3.1M 70.5K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
354K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
12.8M 451K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...